Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Back from holidays on Ontario and Quebec, it looks like I have A LOT to catch up on. How wonderful to see so many new folks joining us!!!!

AND MOTIV8EDMAMA!!!!...Roz, you are totally FABU!!! You look incredible, so happy for you.

One more WOOHOO for Journeysend and Jordanna!...thank goodness for my iPhone so I didn't miss the descent into "onederland", but it did deserve to be mentioned again!!

I will read over all the goodies I have missed and check in later. Thank you so much for the WillPowerDust everyone, my trip was far better than I thought it would be.

YAY!!! to be back!!!
So glad you had a great vacation!! You look amazing!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 05:39 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

I had to post up my yummy dinner.
Kale crisps
turnip fries
and crab cakes (canned crab w/ shredded zucchini, green onions, egg, and various spices)
Old 06-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieEH View Post

I had to post up my yummy dinner.
Kale crisps
turnip fries
and crab cakes (canned crab w/ shredded zucchini, green onions, egg, and various spices)
I never thought about making crab cakes as I always have used crab for sandwiches and a bit worried about fat content AND the fact that fresh crab goes great with melted butter. BUT this is awsome! this will be my tomorrow's dinner.

AS for me: my brother was here for a day and he hadn't seen me in close to 18 months, I heard him over the phone telling his wife that I am half the size I used to be he is a know it all BUT after disussing the diet with him, he actually o.k ed it which was surprising to me. He ONLY had problems with our potassium/cal and cal/mag suppliments. He gave me pointers, he basically said the same thing as my doc re potassium pills, he said its not too much BUT and its a big BUT the potassium needs to be in slow release format, that this way it might too much pot released to my body quickly and could cause heart problems soon enough (what my doc had said too) so he basically told me about couple of options to try out. Also, he said the the calcium ones are not that good, he said I could get much better stuff over the counter and that it would be best if they had vit D included with the pill and its best to take calcium-citrate and not carbonate.

that is all for now, I am tired for now so going to vegetate for a bit.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thanks BevS, I get what you're saying. I know it'll slow down, too, as I get 'smaller' ... !

So, I realized today that I hadn't had any 'emergencies' this week where I had to have a bar (I use them sparingly, only when I am in a lunch meeting or can't get to food) and thought I'd try and make it the rest of the week with no restricted foods and see what happens.

It's about 4 here on the west cost and I didnt think I was going to make it to dinner, so decided that I'd have a hard boiled egg and eat a little less meat at dinner. Then I started to feel bad about it, like I'd cheated, then did a headslap -- dude, you used to have cheese and crackers, go out to eat, eat FRIES, or all kinds of other bad things when you got hungry.

It's all about perspective!

So, AngieEH, I've been a little jealous of people having turnip fries, because for some reason I thought all root veggies were no-no's in phase one, just pulled out my sheet and see TURNIPS on them. May run to the store tonight.

Woot!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #455  
tay

S/C/G: 191/176/125

Height: 5'9"

Havent been on here for a while.Everyone is doing amazingg! Just wanted to say that i went shopping today and uske usually i have to get a large or even sometimes an extra large shirt .......... But today i bought all mediums. Might not seem like much but i was stoked ive been waiting forever to do that!

W1:9 W2:6
Old 06-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #456  
Nichole

Jordanna, Carla, Erin - your stats are awesome!

Roz - you look amazing!!

Erin - kudos on the chick-fil-a feat... love the creativity, lol.

I've had no appetite for the past few days. Very weird but I guess it's better than craving everything!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #457  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Hope everyone had a good Fathers day! I went to my inlaws, where of course I arrived starving and my MIL asked me to cook all the veggies. Seriously, she always does this, and it kinda pisses me off because if I wanted to cook I'd rather do it at my house. I brought dessert which is always expected, and I made a pecan pie with kahula so I wouldn't touch it (I don't like booze in my baked goods). I also brought a big salad because I never know what "veggies" she is going to buy. She did get asparagus and portabello mushrooms that I cooked on the grill. She boiled some corn to death with my potatoes and was sort of upset when I said I wasn't eating them (the rest of the family likes potato salad). Oh well. I threw a boca burger on the grill for my protein as well, as she won't cook non meat for me either.

All in all, a fine very on plan day. I guess having to cook (and clean up by doing all thedishes) after my inlaw family is okay, haha.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #458  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Back from holidays on Ontario and Quebec, it looks like I have A LOT to catch up on. How wonderful to see so many new folks joining us!!!!

AND MOTIV8EDMAMA!!!!...Roz, you are totally FABU!!! You look incredible, so happy for you.

One more WOOHOO for Journeysend and Jordanna!...thank goodness for my iPhone so I didn't miss the descent into "onederland", but it did deserve to be mentioned again!!

I will read over all the goodies I have missed and check in later. Thank you so much for the WillPowerDust everyone, my trip was far better than I thought it would be.

YAY!!! to be back!!!
Calgarygirlie - you look fantastic!! great picture

Did you get that info about my coach in St. Albert for your friend? Let me know if you need it again!

So today I mixed half a choc pudding and half a cappuccino in 10oz of water and two scoops of instant coffee. I shook it all up over ice and poured it into my reusable Starbucks cup with a straw (looks like their iced coffee cups only reusable) and took it to my families to celebrate fathers day. Everyone was saying how delicious my drink looked and kept asking why I was cheating on my diet and drinking one of those high sugar coffee house drinks and they didn't believe me that it was Ideal Protein...and man it tasted so good.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:05 AM   #459  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay View Post
Havent been on here for a while.Everyone is doing amazingg! Just wanted to say that i went shopping today and uske usually i have to get a large or even sometimes an extra large shirt .......... But today i bought all mediums. Might not seem like much but i was stoked ive been waiting forever to do that!
What a great feeling! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanthia View Post
Hope everyone had a good Fathers day! I went to my inlaws, where of course I arrived starving and my MIL asked me to cook all the veggies. Seriously, she always does this, and it kinda pisses me off because if I wanted to cook I'd rather do it at my house. I brought dessert which is always expected, and I made a pecan pie with kahula so I wouldn't touch it (I don't like booze in my baked goods). I also brought a big salad because I never know what "veggies" she is going to buy. She did get asparagus and portabello mushrooms that I cooked on the grill. She boiled some corn to death with my potatoes and was sort of upset when I said I wasn't eating them (the rest of the family likes potato salad). Oh well. I threw a boca burger on the grill for my protein as well, as she won't cook non meat for me either.

All in all, a fine very on plan day. I guess having to cook (and clean up by doing all thedishes) after my inlaw family is okay, haha.
You just gotta love those MILs, NOT! I so feel your pain. I have to say, it sounds like you handled it like a pro!! Way to go sticking on plan when you are in a stressful situation with people who stress you out and are non supportive.

[QUOTE=jordanna

So today I mixed half a choc pudding and half a cappuccino in 10oz of water and two scoops of instant coffee. I shook it all up over ice and poured it into my reusable Starbucks cup with a straw (looks like their iced coffee cups only reusable) and took it to my families to celebrate fathers day. Everyone was saying how delicious my drink looked and kept asking why I was cheating on my diet and drinking one of those high sugar coffee house drinks and they didn't believe me that it was Ideal Protein...and man it tasted so good.[/QUOTE]

I saw one of those cups and thought, how cool is that! What a cute story!

PITA...I bet it felt pretty great hearing your brother say you look half the size.

CALGARY...You look soooo amazing! Absolutely beautiful!

I was at my grandpa's today for dinner and my family was talking about my weight loss. My aunt said, "so, I'm guessing you've lost a little over 40 lbs. or more?" I was so excited to tell her, nope, 34! Love the way this plan doesn't make us look saggy and baggy and we look like we've lost more at times. Of course, my friends, I can tell you, it helps when our clothes fit us right. Since I got my correctly fitting clothes, the compliments have been pouring in, so any of you who are down about not hearing anything yet, splurge on an outfit that fits and wear the heck out of it, it'll be worth it! And might I add, I love jeans with butt pockets, it just seems to give that extra little boost! TMI??? Sorry!!

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement. I wouldn't be this far along without all of you and I just feel like I have such good friends on here and I've never met you all.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:33 AM   #460  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay View Post
"Might not seem like much..." NOT MUCH? Are you crazy? Going from XL to Medium is a huge difference! Congrats! Stew in your accomplishment!

was it you, pitakitten, that pulled a 'crazy' at a gathering and ate the middle parts of breaded chicken? I was telling my other half about that and that I'm not the one who looks crazy at food gatherings. That's awesome and good will power. I always have to laugh about how my friends must think I'm absolutely crazy with my "rabbit food". I went to my aunt's retirement party with baked goods... my family LOVES my baking so I'm expected. I baked cookies, cin buns, herb dinner buns for everyone and I touched nothing but the cauliflower and cucumbers I brought and the chicken that was BBQ'd. Good thing I brought the cauliflower and cucumbers because there was absolutely nothing else that was ID friendly at this party as well

Last edited by AngieEH; 06-21-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:23 AM   #461  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Clothing...
So I had a NSV today since the topic of clothing has come up alot, in my past life I worked on a 70 foot sailboat and part of our uniform were these expensive name brand shorts, well I have kept them as they were expensive and I keep my cloths forever, I still have a pair of pants my grama gave me when I was 13 and they are still good, LOL drives my hubby crazy!!! Anyway, I was just thinking today, maybe they would almost fit soon? So I dug them out, looked at them thought ahhhh I dont think so, but worth a try, needless to say my husband caught me dancing around the bedroom in the shorts and that was it... he knows I am crazy so I dont really even think he was surprised, he just shrugged it off went off and I continued my happy dance!!!!
Stats All your stats are amazing... I love IP, so i got out my book and calculator so I have lost 55.5 inches, that is almost a full tape measure.... that is almost as tall as I am. Crazy that I let myself get to that but yet at the time I really didnt think I looked bad or maybe I just didnt admit that I looked bad...
Old 06-21-2010, 01:49 AM   #462  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Wow Wannabe, that's great! You have done so amazing on IP! The old shorts, 55.5 in., I know you are gonna be in the 120s this week, I feel it in my bones! How many sizes have you gone down? I think I love going down sizes as much if not more than loosing the lbs. I certainly love getting new clothes!! I hope one of these days we get to see some pics of you!!
Closed Thread