Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Journey: So happy for you!
Elizabeth: You truly looked fantastic! Welcome back! You were missed.

Does anyone know the nutritional info for strawberry pudding. Couldn't find it in the sticky and I'm doing my fitday stuff. Would so appreciate it.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #32  

TO ANGIEEH How about 3 inch heels if you feel you don't have enough height?!?! I think 5'3 is a nice height!!! Obviously, so does your fiance!!
Old 06-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #33  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
Journey: So happy for you!
Elizabeth: You truly looked fantastic! Welcome back! You were missed.

Does anyone know the nutritional info for strawberry pudding. Couldn't find it in the sticky and I'm doing my fitday stuff. Would so appreciate it.
Strawberry Pudding
Cals 100
Proteins 18
Lipids 1.1
Carbs 1
Sugar -
Fiber -
Sucralose yes
Sodium 270
Gluten Free yes
Old 06-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #34  
CranstonChicky

S/C/G: 315/290/175

Hi Everyone! I am new! My good friend Calgarygirlee told me about the site and IP! My first week I lost 15 pounds! I am feeling great! I am determined to win this battle this time! We were out for dinner last night and people were ordering nachos and calamari for appies and pastas etc for their dinner. I was so proud of myself- I ordered ice water with lime wedges, a salad with only cucumbers and lettuce (I brought my Walden Farms dressing from home) and dry cooked chicken breast with only zuchinni and mushrooms for my side- I felt so satisified and happy!
I look forward to "talking" with many of you and travelling on your journey's as well!
Old 06-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #35  

I haven't seen these. I don't think I will be buying any. Just too much temptation to have around, I'd probably eat the whole box! Anyway, just watch the ingredients for maltodextrin. It is metabolized like table sugar and uses insulin.

@Carla - is there a thread about this? I am using Solstic (slim and energy both) (on advice of my coach) and I noticed the first non medicinal ingredient is maltodextrin. Can you give me more info? How much needed to cause insulin to spike? I notice weightlifters actually use it to GAIN weight but that is in the form of about 1/2 cup or so.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 159/148/125

Height: 5.5

Some advice please....going out to dinner for a big family celebration to a very nice, fresh, Italian rest. They don't really do sauces on anything - I know the chef and most stuff is very simple. Their salad dressings are usually amazing quality olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and one fresh herb.

Here is an item I found on the menu...If I count the red peppers and the tomatoes as my "special no more than 2 times a week veggies" and ask for them to hold the artichokes do you think this might work?

Spiedini alla Pesarese
Grilled skewers of tiger prawns, scallops, red and yellow bell peppers; served over sautéed organic spinach, artichokes, fresh tomatoes and lemon
Old 06-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #37  

I'm so excited, I got an email back from a local farm and after 2 years of waiting a spot came up in their community shared agriculture program, so for the rest of the summer I'm going to get fresh picked, organic veggies delivered to my door weekly!! Hooray! As an added bonus we can go work on the farm and learn more about where our food comes from which I think is a great thing for my little guy to grow up knowing! I already get all of my dairy, meats & poultry fresh from local farms....if only central Alberta had could provide all of my fruit needs I would be able to sustain my family 100% locally

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranstonchicky View Post
Hi Everyone! I am new! My good friend Calgarygirlee told me about the site and IP! My first week I lost 15 pounds! I am feeling great! I am determined to win this battle this time! We were out for dinner last night and people were ordering nachos and calamari for appies and pastas etc for their dinner. I was so proud of myself- I ordered ice water with lime wedges, a salad with only cucumbers and lettuce (I brought my Walden Farms dressing from home) and dry cooked chicken breast with only zuchinni and mushrooms for my side- I felt so satisified and happy!
I look forward to "talking" with many of you and travelling on your journey's as well!
Hiya Cranston - welcome to 3FC, this diet is so great and this forum really helps with our successes and struggles
Old 06-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 159/148/125

Height: 5.5

Quote:
WAY TO GO!! I have my first eating out adventure tomorrow!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #39  

has anyone ever found a grate-able veggie/soy cheese? All I can find is cheese slice type veggie/soy cheese...it would be nice to have something I could grate over taco salad or in to soup or something. (I type this as I sit here enjoying my IP veggie chili taco salad, thinking boy this would taste good with cheese!)

Hey Lady5andy - where have you disappeared too? I miss your cute french accent

Last edited by jordanna; 06-14-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle Sunshine View Post
Some advice please....going out to dinner for a big family celebration to a very nice, fresh, Italian rest. They don't really do sauces on anything - I know the chef and most stuff is very simple. Their salad dressings are usually amazing quality olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and one fresh herb.

Here is an item I found on the menu...If I count the red peppers and the tomatoes as my "special no more than 2 times a week veggies" and ask for them to hold the artichokes do you think this might work?

Spiedini alla Pesarese
Grilled skewers of tiger prawns, scallops, red and yellow bell peppers; served over sautéed organic spinach, artichokes, fresh tomatoes and lemon
I'd just double check and ask if they cook the prawns/scallops in butter -- you can ask them to do olive oil instead for yours. Sounds delish!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
WELCOME CRANSTONCHICKY!!! This is a super wonderful forum, here you will find support, encouragement and love!!!!

JORDANNA: Congrats on buying from local farmers. We are farmers and know the best is what you can pick yourself!!! Have fun on the farm this summer
Old 06-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #42  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

how do you send someone a private message? I can't figure it out, i'm such a newbie when it comes to forum stuff lol
Old 06-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #43  

Journeysend - I am so very excited, I've been waiting forever to buy a "share" of the farm and to have fresh produce weekly that's been picked that day...how lucky could I be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinoa1823 View Post
how do you send someone a private message? I can't figure it out, i'm such a newbie when it comes to forum stuff lol
Hiya Rinoa - you go to the persons name on the left hand side of a post and click on it, and it should say "send a private message to ________" and you click on that and it will take you to your inbox.

That being said - I'm not positive but I don't think you're allowed to send PM's until you've been on the boards for 20 or more days and have a certain # of posts. (might be wrong, but that's what I think it is...)

Last edited by jordanna; 06-14-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #44  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hiya Rinoa - you go to the persons name on the left hand side of a post and click on it, and it should say "send a private message to ________" and you click on that and it will take you to your inbox.

That being said - I'm not positive but I don't think you're allowed to send PM's until you've been on the boards for 20 or more days and have a certain # of posts. (might be wrong, but that's what I think it is...)
thank you sooo much! I think you are right about the not being able to until certain criteria met, cause I can't yet I will try again soon
Old 06-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #45  

RE: MALTODEXTRIN Does Maltitol have the same bad affect or is maltodextrin about the worst? I think showgirlaz/Carla mentioned that xylitol was okay to have (sorry if I'm wrong about that) but how bad is maltitol????
Closed Thread