Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #151  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieEH View Post
that's funny, that's where I went So I guess we're not too far from each other if you've been there. I was eying up those syrups... I want to go back soon to grab some peanut butter to try with celery and maybe try a new dressing
I live in Morinville actually Just north of St. Albert. I love that health store, there's one guy there who's so nice and has the most gorgeous eyes...he's dreamy lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Jordanna, Emma and Erin-- I hope you are right about this and that the Canadian sourcing is healthy and fine. I go to the doc's tomorrow but I know she is out of town. I will ask others in the office and see what they think. I want to believe that IP is that "high quality" protein it is described as!
How was that spaghetti Jordanna???
The spaghetti was good, I enjoyed the meatballs and my homemade sauce. I'm still not entirely sold on the shiritaki noodles...they're a bit rubbery, but better than nothing sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
All my products in US say "Product of Canada". Also, I was told and read that IP products were approved by the FDA. Even though you and I have discussed being hypothyroid, I'm not sure if I told you that I have gone through 3 Endocrinologists, and I have come to the conclusion that they are all useless.

Would you believe, after 7.5 weeks in the 170's, this morning I was 170.0, just couldn't make it to 169.9. Congratulations Journey on making it to onederland. Jordanna, I think you will be there tomorrow and I hope I make it too!
Thanks for the vote of confidence Chelle - I've stopped getting on the scale in hopes to not get so upset every morning. I'm just hoping I'm there by my weigh in next monday or I'll lose it lol - I'm sure you know how I feel!! I've been in the 200's for weeks and weeks...so frustrating. I hope you get there tomorrow!!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

Jordanna, ya - we're really close! I'm actually in St Albert (I usually just say Edmonton...esp to out of towners) My ID clinic at just by the Servus Place at Active Life. (I'm just a 7 min jog from Servus) I love my lady Shelly
Old 06-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #153  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieEH View Post
Jordanna, ya - we're really close! I'm actually in St Albert (I usually just say Edmonton...esp to out of towners) My ID clinic at just by the Servus Place at Active Life. (I'm just a 7 min jog from Servus) I love my lady Shelly
Ahh gotcha, I go to Inside Out Health in Riel Park, my coach's name is Trista. Did you grow up in St. Albert or move there later? I lived in St. Albert from age 5 to 29
Old 06-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #154  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Kelsey!

Here is to a Happy Anniversary!

PS... if you click quote on this post, you will see a line of code between the smiley face and the PS. That is the type of code you are looking to copy from photobucket.com to be able to show a picture on here.

Good luck!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 06-15-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:41 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey, Carla, How about the name Lenoir or LeNoir, meaning The Black in French. You could just pronounce it like Lenore. Sounds good with Levi too.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #156  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hey, Carla, How about the name Lenoir or LeNoir, meaning The Black in French. You could just pronounce it like Lenore. Sounds good with Levi too.
LOVE BevS idea!
Old 06-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #157  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

FDA question.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=66758792175
This is a link to a clinic. They advertise that Ideal Protein has FDA approval.

http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Basics/ucm192695.htm
This link is to the FDA. It says they regulate all food EXCEPT dietary supplements.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/DietarySuppl...10417.htm#what

This link defines dietary supplements as the FDA sees it.

Congress defined the term "dietary supplement" in the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994. A dietary supplement is a product taken by mouth that contains a "dietary ingredient" intended to supplement the diet. The "dietary ingredients" in these products may include: vitamins, minerals, herbs or other botanicals, amino acids, and substances such as enzymes, organ tissues, glandulars, and metabolites. Dietary supplements can also be extracts or concentrates, and may be found in many forms such as tablets, capsules, softgels, gelcaps, liquids, or powders. They can also be in other forms, such as a bar, but if they are, information on their label must not represent the product as a conventional food or a sole item of a meal or diet. Whatever their form may be, DSHEA places dietary supplements in a special category under the general umbrella of "foods," not drugs, and requires that every supplement be labeled a dietary supplement.

I found the bold item interesting because, when that is done, it goes back to the category of food. Then the FDA regulates. That is how IP is presented as food for us. It could mean our supplements are not checked but I am of the opinion the FDA would do some level of approval.

I am still checking but, as yet, I have found nothing negative or positive on this matter.

I wonder, Maybe Sassy can get us an answer now that she is in her Coaching training????
Old 06-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #158  

Kelsey - Happy Anniversary! Chicago is one of my faves too...great gift!

Carla- Congrats on the new member of your family...she's adorable! All the name ideas suggested by everyone are great. Personally, I like Elle and Coco.

SweetSheila - That WF peanut butter and chocolate recipe looks delish! I'm going to have to try it. Did you post it in the recipes thread? I would love for you to post some of the IP cookbook recipes there also.

Jordanna - Did the shiritaki noodles taste like the ramen noodles? Would you recommend them? Good luck with phase 2, btw.

Pita - Good for you getting a trainer! You go girl!

Good night everyone!
Old 06-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetstina View Post

Jordanna - Did the shiritaki noodles taste like the ramen noodles? Would you recommend them? Good luck with phase 2, btw.
Hey Christina, - I've had the shiritaki noodles a few times I wrote a review on my blog:

Going bravely where no fat kid has gone before,,,

and then my second review when I gave them another chance:

Miracle Noodles Take II
Old 06-15-2010, 11:29 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
FDA question.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=66758792175
This is a link to a clinic. They advertise that Ideal Protein has FDA approval.

http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/Basics/ucm192695.htm
This link is to the FDA. It says they regulate all food EXCEPT dietary supplements.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/DietarySuppl...10417.htm#what

This link defines dietary supplements as the FDA sees it.

Congress defined the term "dietary supplement" in the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994. A dietary supplement is a product taken by mouth that contains a "dietary ingredient" intended to supplement the diet. The "dietary ingredients" in these products may include: vitamins, minerals, herbs or other botanicals, amino acids, and substances such as enzymes, organ tissues, glandulars, and metabolites. Dietary supplements can also be extracts or concentrates, and may be found in many forms such as tablets, capsules, softgels, gelcaps, liquids, or powders. They can also be in other forms, such as a bar, but if they are, information on their label must not represent the product as a conventional food or a sole item of a meal or diet. Whatever their form may be, DSHEA places dietary supplements in a special category under the general umbrella of "foods," not drugs, and requires that every supplement be labeled a dietary supplement.

I found the bold item interesting because, when that is done, it goes back to the category of food. Then the FDA regulates. That is how IP is presented as food for us. It could mean our supplements are not checked but I am of the opinion the FDA would do some level of approval.

I am still checking but, as yet, I have found nothing negative or positive on this matter.

I wonder, Maybe Sassy can get us an answer now that she is in her Coaching training????

this is very interesting... when i attended the intro workshop on IP, the presenter mentioned that IP is FDA approved; BUT, i did not find it anywhere on their website, packaging, etc. I am a skeptic and still am not convinced that IP is FDA approved. If it is, wouldn't they want to advertise it on their packaging and website and informational sheets?? I sure would!

When I probed why IP was just recently introduced to USA (2008) but has been available in Canada since 2000; the presenter mentioned that it took that long to secure FDA approval since IP is considered a food. Now, I work in the pharmaceutical industry and it does take a while to get drugs approved because of the long development process, however, once an application for a new drug is filed with the FDA, the FDA usually has 10 months to review and approve or reject the product. I can't image that IP took 8 years to submit an application for FDA approval.

perhaps we can do our own independant testing to ensure there are no harmful chemicals in the IP products. it would really be a shame if we are dedicating ourselves to better health and yet introducing other junk into our otherwise clean bodies!
Old 06-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #161  

RE: FDA Approval Stuff I wonder if, perhaps, IP is FDA approved in the states b/c it's coming from another country (Canada) but they probably don't feel the need to approve such items made in the USA. I'm glad to know IP is FDA approved but felt confident w/o the FDA approval b/c it is required by Canadian law to be regulated. I don't know that protein powders and RTDs made here with American ingredients require strict oversight???? Hmmmmm....now I'm really confused!?!?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 140/136/110

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone... I;m new to IP. Today was day 5 and so far, so good. I really had no adverse reactions, a few cravings for my beloved sugar in any and all forms, but I'm doing o.k. Hoping for as great a loss as some of you during your first week... I'll let you know on Friday.

Well, reading all the posts I am encouraged and feel that I may have fallen amoungst an extremely supportive group of people! Hope so.... hope my "buzzing" by doesn't "bug" anyone! I promise not to be too annoying nor will I post any "stinging" comments! Have a good day, all.

Bumbl
Old 06-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Carla: Congrats on the new member of the family! I like LeNoir, CoCo, Elle. I've always had dogs....can't imagine life without mine. Bean is a decent name if she won't give up Jelly Bean.

Rocky Monarch: I'm in Portland, too! Honestly, this weather. I make it a point to never complain about the weather, but I can't take it much longer.

I've decided I need to try things on often, I had skirt that has gone from not fitting to on the verge of too big...
Old 06-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #164  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

So much wonderful news to catch up on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Morning ladies!

Just wated to pop in and say good morning before I head off to work. Im excited today because the scale finally moved. Im down 4 pounds! It seems that perhaps I finally found the right balance between my work outs and my food to stay in ketosis and still work out as hard as I am doing. There may be a light at the end of this tunnel afterall.

Doxi..Im sorry your hubby made that comment. Im glad he realized his mistake. sometimes men just dont realize the struggle or how little things can make us so happy, like being able to use a normal towel and have it close all the way around...etc. You are doing great!

Pita..I hope you are feeling better.

Mamaerin...those bars sound delicious but wayyyyy tooo much of a temptation for me. I love your new pic, you are gorgeaus!

Christina, I would never have thought to make my drinks into slushies, Im going to try the mango with the vanilla pudding..can't wait.

Jordanna,glad your levels came back ok!

Carla, as always, your posts say it all and say it the perfect way
Congrats on your loss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Hi all.... I'm baaaaaack!

I saw that I was mentioned recently on being strong but motivational...Thanks!

Hugs to all and now to undo the honeymoon damage LOL

Don't have the professional wedding pics yet but a little sneak peek is on my profile.
Absolutly STUNNING! Congratulations to you both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
OH MY GOSH...I MADE IT THIS MORNING!!!! I AM IN ONEDERLAND...(just, but the scale said) TaDAAA 199.6 I did the happy dance all over my bedroom!!!!
CONGRATS! You have done such an amazing job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranstonchicky View Post
Hi Everyone! I am new! My good friend Calgarygirlee told me about the site and IP! My first week I lost 15 pounds! I am feeling great! I am determined to win this battle this time! We were out for dinner last night and people were ordering nachos and calamari for appies and pastas etc for their dinner. I was so proud of myself- I ordered ice water with lime wedges, a salad with only cucumbers and lettuce (I brought my Walden Farms dressing from home) and dry cooked chicken breast with only zuchinni and mushrooms for my side- I felt so satisified and happy!
I look forward to "talking" with many of you and travelling on your journey's as well!
Welcome and what a wonderful start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Just got back from a four day camping trip to watch a NASCAR race. I was so nervous about going and being on IP. I took lots of shakes, veggies and a couple of chicken breasts that I grilled one night the week before. It was really hard to see everyone eating track food and drinking beer. I love beer. But I'm so proud to say that - I DID IT! I made it through the trip without cheating. I did have more protein bars than I normally do because they are easier to haul around than the shakes, but that was it.

Stacey
Great job Stacey! I'm not sure if I would have done so well. I actually avoided going to the movie the other day to avoid the temptation of popcorn..

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
So, I went out on Saturday with friends who haven't seen me in 6 or 8 months. AND, we went to some bars.

My friends were so funny! Some did literal double takes. The girls were squealing "omg, you look so good!! You are amazing!" There were guys there I had met before that didn't give me the time of day and they were coming up, "HI... I'm (so-so), I haven't met you!!" "I was all, uh ,yeah, ya did... at the last party. " One of the hubby's, who I know well, said "what are you striving for". I said "to be a 10" His response was "then you can stop now, you are there! " AWWW. Then at the bar, I had so much fun. Lots of flirts, bad pitch lines, plenty of smiles, and a few drink offers! ME, getting drink offers, hadn't had that happen in a decade!

All of the attention felt good. It made the hassles and hard work worth going through.

)
Enjoy enjoy! what a wonderful feeling and you deserve every bit of it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by swensbud View Post
OMG!!!! I lost 8.8 lbs and 4.25 inches in the first week!!!!! So excited about this! I was getting discouraged because I didn't feel a difference. I still don't feel a difference, but obviously, there is a difference from last week. I am kind of getting into a groove and I like the challenge of trying to cook different things each night.

So happy and plan to continue with IP!!!! Hooray me!

Deena
Wonderful loss Deena!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Well I lost ............ 8 pounds!!! First week weigh-in was awesome.

I lost 4 pounds water and 4 pounds fat.

Ketosis must have found me because for the last 2 days I have not been hungry.

I know the next 2 weeks weight loss will not be as great - but with all the help from this forum - I know I can stay on target!!

Thanks again for all the feedback!

Elle
Way to go Elle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
I have missed you all! I have not had the time to get on hardly at all in the last couple of weeks, when I do, I start my multi quotes and fall asleep before I get my quote in. Needless to say I am so far behind in my reading.

Jordanna...I was curious how your dad is doing on the plan.

Elizabeth...Your wedding pictures are so beautiful!

Showgirl...I love your night out story!

I am sure there is so much I have missed but these are the things that have caught my eye.

Well, I weighed tonight and was up .4. That is for 2 weeks. I have been having kidney stone issues and would like to know if you all think this could impact me in a stall or slight gain. I have a huge stone that I can't pass and will have to eventually have lithotripsy. I keep putting it off as I had to do it three times last year and am sick and tired of going to doctors. It has not caused me any problems in the last few months but last week it lodged and boy was I miserable. It has finally moved and all is well. So...what do you think?

On a good note...I went down a size in pants! I FINALLY was able to buy some clothes at Maurices...the first time in my life to get cute clothes at a normal store and boy was it a good feeling.
I hope you are feeling better and congrats on the pant size down! I can't wait until I can start shopping in all stores again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineonline View Post
Hi All,

I'm not really sure if this is the appropriate place to introduce myself but I'm sure if it's not someone will let me know! I don't post in forums often but am ready to learn as I find using / reading them pretty helpful.

So, I'm new to IP, I started this past Saturday after hearing much success from a friend and her family members. I'm from Toronto Ontario so if there are any Canadians looking for local support ... here I am.

Today is a yucky day for me. I woke up feeling sluggish and awkward but I'm hoping it'll get better as the day progresses. I feel like I'm "on" so much stuff I can't really tell what my symptoms are due to and top it off with my period and I'm all set!

In addition to ideal protein I'm taking chlorella and spirulina which I more or less just started. So far one of my main concerns is the possibility of taking ibuprophen while on this diet, does that mess with ketosis? I know it'll provide some relief when I get headaches due to sudden changes in weather, my period and other general aches and pains. Does any one know?

Congrats to everyone here feeling good and enjoying success, I hope to join you soon!

Xo
.:Nineonline:.
Welcome! It does get better.. my second day had me at home and in bed. The next day I was feeling great and so far so good.. the start of week 5 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesgrace View Post
Hi all, I am new to this forum but like the idea of the support. I have lost 11lbs in 3 weeks, and struggling now. I have been cheating here and there and don't want to anymore, any tips? leslie
Welcome Leslie, you have come to the right place for wonderful tips and advice. Be true to the plan and the plan will be true to you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbl92 View Post
Hi everyone... I;m new to IP. Today was day 5 and so far, so good. I really had no adverse reactions, a few cravings for my beloved sugar in any and all forms, but I'm doing o.k. Hoping for as great a loss as some of you during your first week... I'll let you know on Friday.

Well, reading all the posts I am encouraged and feel that I may have fallen amoungst an extremely supportive group of people! Hope so.... hope my "buzzing" by doesn't "bug" anyone! I promise not to be too annoying nor will I post any "stinging" comments! Have a good day, all.

Bumbl
Bummbl, you sound like a "honey" of a person Welcome and yes, you have come to an extremely supportive group of people. I have found more advice, insperation and support here then I can say.

Just a quick update for me, my 4th WI and I am down.. 5lbs! and another 5.5 in. WOOT. My husband is doing great as well, he is down a total of 26lbs! I am so proud of him and so lucky he is doing this with me.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Old 06-16-2010, 12:40 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 159/148/125

Height: 5.5

For the last 10 years I have suffered from PVC heart palpitations - after having my first child. I have had them examined by a doctor several times - while attached to an EKG and the are benign - just annoying. I gave up dairy about a year ago and they went away entirely (I also gave up gluten - but have had some since and didn't have the PVCs). They have started up again and I just ate the chocolate pudding and I am having them now. I did add splenda to the pudding as well. Does anyone have a list of the products that have dairy or gluten? I used to be able to read the ingredients on the IP website but they took those down this week. I am not feeling very well either - like something in the pudding is making me sick or allergic. There is splenda in everything so I don't think it is that -but who knows. Any thoughts would be most appreciated. I so want to feel good like all of you!
Closed Thread