Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

showgirlaz:
Elle and Levi... Coco and Levi... Chanel and Levi....

They all sound good. Aren't pets just the best. I have two miniature dachshunds. My girls are 7 years old and totally spoiled.

Enjoy the new addition to your family. I am sure she will love her new home!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey Angie - there is a great store on St. Albert Trail near the Tim Hortons on the north end (close to st. albert) that carries a bunch of different walden farm products as well as some divinci syrups too. It's called MHN (maximum health & nutrition)
that's funny, that's where I went So I guess we're not too far from each other if you've been there. I was eying up those syrups... I want to go back soon to grab some peanut butter to try with celery and maybe try a new dressing
Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #138  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Jordanna, Emma and Erin-- I hope you are right about this and that the Canadian sourcing is healthy and fine. I go to the doc's tomorrow but I know she is out of town. I will ask others in the office and see what they think. I want to believe that IP is that "high quality" protein it is described as!
How was that spaghetti Jordanna???

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 06-15-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #139  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Guess what guys?!?!?! Well, as some of you know today is my wedding anniversary! Well, DH just gave me tickets to see "Chicago" at the Bob Carr perfoming arts center in Orlando! I'm so excited. It is my favorite Broadway show. I even liked the movie, but I still liked the live show on stage better!!! So come Saturday night, I'm going out!!!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #140  
IP Start Jan 28,2013

S/C/G: 149/145.2/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieEH View Post
It sure is! If I can find it in Edmonton, I'm sure you'll find it in TO. I just googled Walden Farms Edmonton and the first listing was a nutritional/muscle head store just minutes away from my home
Brilliant...I google everything else I don't know y I didn't think of this ... instead I emailed them earlier this afternoon but googled it just now and apparently there's some up the street! My coach doesn't push condiments but I need different flavors sometimes, what am I looking for? basically no carbs no sugar no fat? How can I really go wrong with anything from WF? Isn't this their motto?

Thanks Angie!

Last edited by nineonline; 06-15-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Default my trainer is getting paid to kill me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
GO GO GO, Do NOT cancel, make sure they keep your heart rate down a bit, no strenuous cardio, more weights...and remember, muscle weighs more than fat so start focusing on your inches and how your clothes fit, less on the scale

GOOD LUCK!

Drink lots and lots of water to help you with the lactic acid soreness...also Magnesium ;-)
oh I did. I think this gentlemen name Andrew might kill me. Within 5 mins of weights I was panting, he just kept coming at me. I came home and honestly was stuck on the landing and could not go up to the second floor! finally sat on the stairs and scooted it up one by one. ARGGG...is this normal? I hope he knows what he is doing?? I mean I know he does but does he know what he is doing with me?? This was all weight training btw, no cardio. I am beat! I am seriously beat! should I go back? I have another session on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
OK.. I need to get caught up on reading but it might take awhile.

BECAUSE.... I got a new puppy! ok not a real puppy, 6 months old. A sweet black standard poodle. I am trying to find a name for her! Her prior owners named her "jelly bean" ... cute but too long and not for me. Trying to come up with something fun, female, maybe a reference to black or French. I currently have a white standard Poodle name Levi. He came with the name and after 4 months of trying, I gave up; He wouldn't let me call him anything else but Levi.

Names I have thought of for the new baby are: Chanel, Anise, Anais, Sierra or Ciara, or Sable. Still trying to decide, most heavily leaning to Chanel. If you have any suggestions, I am open to ideas!

She is tall with "dancers legs", beautiful brown eyes, assertive and sweet personality. NOT timid or shy. Well behaved. Not to inquisitive. Seems to show a hunters instinct though. Good with my cat, Matou, not at all acting like he is prey. Great with kids. As is typical with Poos she is showing a real tendency to learn fast!

I am planning on continuing the trainer her prior owners started for a therapy dog certification. The intention, and reason for her current name, was to work her with children at the local children's hospital. I like that and have been wanting to get Levi into a similar program but for seniors at the local nursing and rehab facilities. It should be easy to practice training for each of them.

So, there you have it! A surprise moment in my day. Not a total surprise, I was looking, just didn't know it would happen now!
yays to puppies...widdle liddle girly pooch! although I am a cat person but yay to puppies.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #142  

Height: 5'8"

Kelsey, sounds like so much fun! I love musicals, not many down in Austin unfortunately

so tonight i'm getting creative and making some scallops with garlic, olive oil, lemon and some crunchy panchetta over greens with asparagus, i'll let you know how it turns out! my house smells delish right now...

i used to cook a lot and have slowed down on ip, i need to get back into recipe making with my limited options. grilled chicken and veggies is getting OLD!
Old 06-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
Kelsey, sounds like so much fun! I love musicals, not many down in Austin unfortunately

so tonight i'm getting creative and making some scallops with garlic, olive oil, lemon and some crunchy panchetta over greens with asparagus, i'll let you know how it turns out! my house smells delish right now...

i used to cook a lot and have slowed down on ip, i need to get back into recipe making with my limited options. grilled chicken and veggies is getting OLD!
yum, I am hungry. can I come over? we are having left over chicken with cauliflower tonight and a salad. I've heard of these smokes scallops at wholefoods that I really want to try.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
yum, I am hungry. can I come over? we are having left over chicken with cauliflower tonight and a salad. I've heard of these smokes scallops at wholefoods that I really want to try.
absolutely! it turned out REALLY GOOD, i'll have to post the recipe once i'm done stuffing my face, you know those last minute airfares are pretty cheap these days!

i may need to make a trip to whole foods, scallops are one of my favorite foods
Old 06-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #145  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
Erin, several years ago I saw Cinderella in San Antonio at the Majestic Theatre! Eartha Kitt played the fairy god mother, it was amazing! That theatre is so full of history, and it's breath-taking, what an experience to just be there.

Last edited by Kelsey; 06-15-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #146  

Erin's Garlic Scallops with Pancetta

.5 lbs colossal sea scallops
1 thick slice of pancetta
5 cloves garlic
1 Tpsp olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
salt
pepper
garlic powder
1 tsp italian seasoning OR pinch of each:
rosmary, thyme & marjoram

drizzle olive oil into pan an heat on medium low heat, add minced garlic and chopped pancetta to pan, cook until brown.

remove panchetta and garlic from pan, leave "drippings", add scallops that have been seasoned on both sides with salt, pepper and seasoning. cook on medium low for about 5 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through(opaque is done).

remove scallops from pan and whisk in lemon juice, heat and whick till bubbling. add scallops, panchetta and garlic back into pan and cook an additional minute. remove from heat.

place scallops on mixed greens with a light lemon juice/olive oil vinegarette and then spoon on desire amount of "sauce" that is left over in pan.

YUM.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-15-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #147  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

picture of my "fur-baby girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
saw the picture and I vote for Anise... Perfect for that precious black beauty
It is a very close second on that name. It is a bit different and I like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
You should name her Elle Hooray for getting a new puppy. I ♥ Dogs.
ELLE! That is one I hadn't thought about... Not bad...

I have always had dogs. Can't imagine my life without them! I have wanted standard poodles since I was 12 years old and I met my first one. It only took me 26 years to get to a place where my life was right for them and the attention they need but, it was so worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
oooohhhh, I love the name ELLE!!!!
It is good isn't it! I hadn't even thought about that! It is so sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Carla: I love dogs, we had an apricot toy poodle for 17 1/2 yrs, she was so much a part of our family. I miss her very much. I am looking into getting a miniature labradoodle, they are such beautiful dogs. My good friend has a standard labradoodle. Hershey is a mix between a chocolate lab and a standard poodle and is the smartest dog ever!!!! Enjoy your new family member!!
AWWW!!! I had an apricot up until she was 14. She was my grandmother's and when Gran passed away, my mom had already passed on, and it ended up I inherited her. She had heart disease the last 3 years of her life but, really the sweetest little poodle. I have missed her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoclumbers View Post
Hi, I've been lurking since September 09! I read each and every post every night. You are all terrific! I've been on the program since August 09 with a break from Oct 09 - Jan 10. I've lost about 45 lbs (65 if you count the 20 lbs I had to lose twice). I do struggle and have not wanted to publish my struggles to often on the board, because I think that this board should be a positive and motivating resourse. I'm not sophisticated at all on the computer (that's also why I don't post often) as I don't even know how to put a photo on the computer, let alone post it here!

My post name is for my two clumber spaniels, Lola and Bailey.

Showgirlaz ~ I would name that puppy Coco rather than Chanel. (I think it goes well with Levi).

Ann
ANN! So nice to meet you! Welcome and PLEASE, join us! Granted life and this board would be best if it could be positive and motivating all the time but, sometimes, having people who can relate is also valuable! If nothing else, feel free to send a pm if you need support along the way!

You have clumber spaniels! ??? I have only seen photos. They really aren't common here. I had a welsh springer and a cocker growing up but that is my only spaniel experience. Thank you for the name input. I just posted her photo. Do you think I can do COCO for a black poo? I have always thought of CoCo, Godiva, and Hershey as being for a brown. Hmmm. Thinking about this... A friend has a beautiful red named Prada and one of the dogs at the dog park is named Portia (like Portia Di Rossi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
showgirlaz:
Elle and Levi... Coco and Levi... Chanel and Levi....

They all sound good. Aren't pets just the best. I have two miniature dachshunds. My girls are 7 years old and totally spoiled.

Enjoy the new addition to your family. I am sure she will love her new home!
Pets really are great! Especially when I am sickly. They just cuddle right up and make the best heating pads. She is already having so much fun. Wish I could have grabbed video but, she was out playing on the lawn and the sprinklers came on. She went NUTS chasing the water drops! LOL it was so cute. She also has already taken a swim in the pool. Silly girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
yays to puppies...widdle liddle girly pooch! although I am a cat person but yay to puppies.
Oh I love kitties too! Matou is my 8 yr old bengal. He just had his first senior kitty wellness check..OUCH to the pocket book! And, is very healthy, I am please to report! Such a cutie. He knows when to come and get me to go to bed, unlatches doors and lets himself in or out of any room he pleases. I actually baby proofed the kitchen to prevent him for entering the chemical cabinet, pantry, and bread drawer!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 06-15-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
picture of my "fur-baby girl"

oh my goodness, how STINKIN' CUTE!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #149  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Jordanna, Emma and Erin-- I hope you are right about this and that the Canadian sourcing is healthy and fine. I go to the doc's tomorrow but I know she is out of town. I will ask others in the office and see what they think. I want to believe that IP is that "high quality" protein it is described as!
How was that spaghetti Jordanna???
All my products in US say "Product of Canada". Also, I was told and read that IP products were approved by the FDA. Even though you and I have discussed being hypothyroid, I'm not sure if I told you that I have gone through 3 Endocrinologists, and I have come to the conclusion that they are all useless.

Would you believe, after 7.5 weeks in the 170's, this morning I was 170.0, just couldn't make it to 169.9. Congratulations Journey on making it to onederland. Jordanna, I think you will be there tomorrow and I hope I make it too!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
All my products in US say "Product of Canada". Also, I was told and read that IP products were approved by the FDA. Even though you and I have discussed being hypothyroid, I'm not sure if I told you that I have gone through 3 Endocrinologists, and I have come to the conclusion that they are all useless.

Would you believe, after 7.5 weeks in the 170's, this morning I was 170.0, just couldn't make it to 169.9. Congratulations Journey on making it to onederland. Jordanna, I think you will be there tomorrow and I hope I make it too!
oh chelle, do i understand you so much on the frustration of the 170's. what IS it about them that our bodies just want to stay there?
Closed Thread