Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Thanks a lot for the information - I might try and order some of the shakes in a few weeks since they are comparable to IP.

Elle
Old 06-27-2010, 02:04 AM   #77  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Bump! Just keeping this thread on the first page!
Old 06-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #78  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Bump! Just keeping this thread on the first page!
Thanks!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #79  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Bump again
Old 06-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #80  

UGH I can't wait until phase 4 - I was watching my husband eat a baked potato last night and couldn't help but think...5 more days, 5 more days!!

Novak have you had a cheat day yet? What's your theory on it being required or not?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #81  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

u can do it Jordanna!
I know you are planning on going back to phase 1 again after your break. It was really hard for me to get motivated again. I really liked having my bread and potato's and chocolate again. I have been back in phase 1 for a week and a half now and the cravings have subsided so it is getting easier.

I had cheat days during my break. For me there were a couple of times that it was hard to get back on track and not have two or three cheat days in a row. I realized this is going to be a lifelong process. I need to continue to be aware of what I put in my mouth.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #82  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Novak Sorry if this sounds really stupid but have you been to space???? I saw your post about working for NASA so cool, so when you say IP isnt rocket science you really know what your talking about... haa haaa ha, sorry I am a goof.
I am so excited I will be moving to phase 2 next tuesday so I have been trying to figure out how it all works after Phase 1 this is a great thread..... one of my biggest complaints about WW was no support for maintanance. HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #83  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Novak have you had a cheat day yet? What's your theory on it being required or not?
Funny you should ask...

I was hesitant about doing a cheat day (that diet mindset), so the extent to which I splurged was pretty minimal - wine with dinner, some bread, a slice of pizza, etc. But for the most part, I was pretty much keeping it healthy: no cookies, cake, chocolate, cheese - the stuff that used to get me going. The problem was, I kept losing weight. So then I started thinking, Jeez, I hope there's nothing wrong... I shouldn't be losing any more in Phase 4, when I've added back carbs and am pretty much eating (and drinking) what I want.

That's when I took a weekend and deviated more off course: eating when I wanted, nibbling with wine later in the evening, not being particularly careful about the food combinations, not offsetting with a no carb day, etc. My weight went up 3+ pounds in a couple of days, which was a bit of a relief, but then I wanted to get back where I was. So I cut back to a modified Phase 1 day, and got back to a comfortable weight the next day.

So here's my theory. I think if you do a cheat and correction every week, it's like exercising your body's ability to burn rather than store the fat. Again, it's training your body to behave like that of a naturally slender person. To me, that makes perfect sense, so I'm going to try harder to get into that routine. Right now, I can already see that I actually have to work at gaining weight, and I'd like things to stay that way.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #84  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Novak Sorry if this sounds really stupid but have you been to space???? I saw your post about working for NASA so cool, so when you say IP isnt rocket science you really know what your talking about... haa haaa ha, sorry I am a goof.
I am so excited I will be moving to phase 2 next tuesday so I have been trying to figure out how it all works after Phase 1 this is a great thread..... one of my biggest complaints about WW was no support for maintanance. HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!
Wow! You are so close! Congratulations

Unfortunately, I haven't been to space... but yes, I know a few things about rocket science (Brain surgery, too... but that's a different and not very happy story.)

Anyway, I know quite a few astronauts, but am not one myself. I'm just a Washington, DC bureaucrat who gets to work with lots of smart people on some really cool stuff.

And Happy Canada Day back at you!
Old 07-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Novak: What you say totally makes sense -- and I'm guessing that you're right, and that's why some of the phase IV materials say that a cheat day is mandatory. However, sometimes I think that their materials leave a lot to be desired -- telling people the reasoning behind it might make them more likely to do it.

Question for the (lucky!) Phase IV folks...can you give me some examples of what your day's meals look like, if you're following the 'maintain' plan like they suggest? It'll be awhile before I'm on it, and although I get the concept, I have a little trouble seeing what actual meals might look like.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Hi! Have reached 85% of my total weight loss goal and am going to switch to Phase 2. Does anyone have a Phase 2 Protocol sheet they can post.
Thanks - congrats to all.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

LJHA: If you go to the Sticky posts at the top of the 'home page', they are all there thanks to Jordanna.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:59 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
Hi! Have reached 85% of my total weight loss goal and am going to switch to Phase 2. Does anyone have a Phase 2 Protocol sheet they can post.
Thanks - congrats to all.
There is no Phase 2 sheet. The only change is that at lunch, instead of a packet with veggies and salad, you eat the same protein as at dinner (5 oz. meat or 7 oz. seafood) with your veggies and salad.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Novak: What you say totally makes sense -- and I'm guessing that you're right, and that's why some of the phase IV materials say that a cheat day is mandatory. However, sometimes I think that their materials leave a lot to be desired -- telling people the reasoning behind it might make them more likely to do it.

Question for the (lucky!) Phase IV folks...can you give me some examples of what your day's meals look like, if you're following the 'maintain' plan like they suggest? It'll be awhile before I'm on it, and although I get the concept, I have a little trouble seeing what actual meals might look like.
For breakfast, I usually have 2 eggs, 2 slices toast, and 1 cup low-fat, plain yogurt mixed with 1 cup blueberries or other fruit. If I don't want to deal with eggs, I mix half a scoop of protein powder with the yogurt and fruit. I take a multi-vitamin, 2 fish oil capsules, a probiotic, and a potassium pill with breakfast.

For lunch I might have a pork chop or chicken, veggies, cheese, and a large salad with 1 tablespoon olive oil mixed with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and basil. I take 2 fish oil capsules with lunch.

I usually have a bar for a snack.

For dinner I might have meat, veggies, and baked potato and/or bread or 5-7 ounces cooked spaghetti with meat sauce and veggies. If I have less noodles, I might also have a piece of bread. I usually have some fruit for dessert. I take a multi-vitamin and 2 calcium/magnesium pills with dinner.

I take 2 calcium/magnesium pills at bedtime.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Jordanna;

Does your IP coach/store have any vanilla pudding cups in? Apparently we can't get any - back ordered, changing it, or something. No one can really tell me. I mix it with the chocolate pudding, as I find the chocolate has that yucky protein taste.

Thanks!
Lori
Closed Thread