Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Nice photo, Bev! And good info, as always.
Thanks, Novak! I did as Carla suggested and got a friend to take a picture and send it to my email. Then I got my husband to help me with the rest. He wouldn't show me how. Just did it himself. Wish I could put a before picture on, but that would require more help from my hubby and his attention span isn't that long.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #362  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Thanks, Novak! I did as Carla suggested and got a friend to take a picture and send it to my email. Then I got my husband to help me with the rest. He wouldn't show me how. Just did it himself. Wish I could put a before picture on, but that would require more help from my hubby and his attention span isn't that long.
Ha! Well, the after is terrific, so good for you! Of course, you said the before looked like my old "before" picture... I could always loan you that one!
Old 08-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

alright, just had a cup of rice with my dinner. Then had 4 pieces of melon and realized that the stew that I had with my rice has plums in it which means I had already had my fruit snack for the day AND on top of it remembered that I had a protein shake as the snack around 6:30ish. I had the protein shake because it just has become my routine to do so around that time of the day for the past >3 months.

So basically I think I messed up somewhat on my first day of phase 4.

what do you guys think?
Old 08-08-2010, 12:34 AM   #364  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
alright, just had a cup of rice with my dinner. Then had 4 pieces of melon and realized that the stew that I had with my rice has plums in it which means I had already had my fruit snack for the day AND on top of it remembered that I had a protein shake as the snack around 6:30ish. I had the protein shake because it just has become my routine to do so around that time of the day for the past >3 months.

So basically I think I messed up somewhat on my first day of phase 4.

what do you guys think?
Fuhgeddaboudit! You're in Phase 4. Little slips are OK! Just weigh yourself every day and if you're a bit up, be more careful about what you eat until you're back where you want to be.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:20 AM   #365  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Fuhgeddaboudit! You're in Phase 4. Little slips are OK! Just weigh yourself every day and if you're a bit up, be more careful about what you eat until you're back where you want to be.
Thanks Bev! no access to scale till Monday night. Guess its not as though I should be worried about falling out of ketosis
Old 08-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #366  

Default how many fruits

so how many pieces of fruit can you have per on phase 4?

1- for breakfast
2- says as a snack
3- says as dessert after dinner

so that makes it 3, right?

btw, I can see my stomach getting bigger in front of my eyes.

Last edited by pitakitten; 08-08-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #367  

yeah really not sure if phase 4 is for me. I think just had too much rice.

I figure I'll do phase 1 on Tuesday and Weds.

I do remember Both Novak and BevS had posts about this, that you maybe did not so well for a couple days and then did phase 1 till it all went away?

I am thinking when I get back (tomorrow night) I see if I have gained, if so then tuesday and weds will be phase 1.

does that make sense? and here is a question: reason we do phase 1 during phase 4 is NOT to be in ketosis, right??

Last edited by pitakitten; 08-08-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:16 AM   #368  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
so how many pieces of fruit can you have per on phase 4?

1- for breakfast
2- says as a snack
3- says as dessert after dinner

so that makes it 3, right?
In my version of Phase 4, I have as much or as little fruit as I want. That said, I believe the protocol specifically lists 2.

Quote:

I do remember Both Novak and BevS had posts about this, that you maybe did not so well for a couple days and then did phase 1 till it all went away?

I am thinking when I get back (tomorrow night) I see if I have gained, if so then tuesday and weds will be phase 1.

does that make sense? and here is a question: reason we do phase 1 during phase 4 is NOT to be in ketosis, right??
The cheat day requires one "no carb" recovery day, to prevent cells from storing fat. ONE day.

You need to let go of your diet mindset and figure out how and what you want to eat. The IP information is out there, but you need to experiment. We all have different body types and lifestyles, and I really can't tell you what you should or should not do. This is not Phase 1 anymore. You need to determine what works for you and what doesn't. Again, YOU need to take charge... the guidance just isn't (and shouldn't be) as rigid as you've become accustomed to in the earlier phases.

If you need more info regarding using IP as a weight management tool, I suggest you go back and reread the discussions we've had on this thread, because it's pretty much all here.

And as I noted in an earlier thread, this is where you enter the general nutrition phase as opposed to a long term IP plan. If you have concerns about making this all work for you, I suggest you consult a nutritionist or other health care professional to assist with this aspect of your life, just as you have engaged the help of a trainer for exercise.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #369  

Quote:

Like Novak said, Phase 1 one day per week after a cheat day is so we don't store the fat from cheat day--no carbs (or very low carbs), no fat storage. However, if you go up a few pounds, you can do Phase 1 for a few days and you may or may not go into ketosis, but you should lose those pounds fast. I'm not sure about whether you should go back to Phase 3 or directly to Phase 4. Probably Phase 4 if you're doing it for a few days only. Novak?
Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #370  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Hey has anyone tried to make pancakes with the blueberry muffin cake mix? I cant get the IP crepes to work out as anything other than a blob
Old 08-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #371  

Height: 5'8"

started phase 3 today and up 5 lbs. sorry to be a party poooper but this isn't what i signed up for..

have a coach that goes from phase 1 one week to eating whatever's around the next. starting to wonder if i don't have the best guidance.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #372  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Hey has anyone tried to make pancakes with the blueberry muffin cake mix? I cant get the IP crepes to work out as anything other than a blob
do you add an egg white to the mix? it doesn't say to do so on the instructions but that's THE ONLY way its ever worked for me:-/
Old 08-10-2010, 02:25 AM   #373  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Erin's suggestion about the egg white is a good one, especially if you want pancakes with a little more body. I add carbonated water rather than plain because it makes the pancakes fluffy light. Then the trick, for me, is to do CC's thing with the shaker. Maybe not for 6 minutes though.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #374  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
started phase 3 today and up 5 lbs. sorry to be a party poooper but this isn't what i signed up for..

have a coach that goes from phase 1 one week to eating whatever's around the next. starting to wonder if i don't have the best guidance.
I think you should give it at least a week. You are eating more so your body is probably holding a lot of water and other stuff. Let it try to even itself out for a few days. I know it is traumatizing, but it might work itself out.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #375  

haha, thanks for calming me down xanthia down two lbs from yesterday this morning. i feel so guilty eating so much. nonfat plain greek yogurt with a little splenda and vanilla extract is my new favorite and i'm thrilled to have whole wheat english muffins but it just feels so WRONG!
Closed Thread