Life After Phase 1

You're on Page 11 of 30
Go to
  • Quote: Since I dropped the potassium per the protocol, I've now switched completely from IP supplements. I do cal mag and multi, as well as fish oil, anti-oxy, and enzymes. I also still do a baby aspirin a day, but am off my BP and cholesterol meds
    Hi, Novak, It's great that you don't have to take those meds any longer! You probably shouldn't take that baby aspirin either as long as you're taking fish oil. Because both of them are blood thinners. You don't need a double dose.
  • I am rather worried about phase III; not scared just worried. On Saturday I will be in phase II for 2 weeks and have decided to stick it out here for another week. It somewhat depends on what I weigh this afternoon, not going to my clinic BUT my trainer who is rather anal will weigh me.

that is it for now.
  • Hey its great to seem more peps on this thread, I knew you were out there .... everyone have a great weekend. Now Novak it is your job to keep us on the page while I'm away, dont let me down girl.
    Smoressss yuuummmmmmyyy .... no not on phase 3 I checked my sheets twice LOL. See ya soon
  • Quote: Hi everyone! Thank you Novak and WannabeIP for keeping this thread alive - still an inspiration to me! I have not changed my ticker but was 144 this morning... never reached 130 but will! Sylvie
    Hey, Sylvie! Good to hear from you. Sorry about the slip, but you'll get back where you need to be. You've done an awesome job on this diet.

Quote: Hi, Novak, It's great that you don't have to take those meds any longer! You probably shouldn't take that baby aspirin either as long as you're taking fish oil. Because both of them are blood thinners. You don't need a double dose.
    Good point, Bev. I'll do that, thanks. Maybe I'll stop bruising so easily!

Quote: I am rather worried about phase III; not scared just worried. On Saturday I will be in phase II for 2 weeks and have decided to stick it out here for another week.
    I actually stayed in Phase 1 a week longer than I needed to... I wanted to overlap with my sister, but I think I was also just hesitant to move on. The adjustment to Phase 3 was unsettling, too... but I loved the breakfasts.
  • Quote: Don't get too hung up on the numbers. You should not force yourself to eat the quantities written on the paper. It is more important that you get the correct combination of foods, in some amount. So eat what you are "supposed to" in amounts that satisfy you... I would err on the side of keeping up the protein and backing off the veggies a bit. And use packets that are less filling to you. But never eat to the point where you are uncomfortable... that's just a bad idea, whether on the diet or off. And you really don't want to start that pattern while on the diet, because the results will be much more dire when you start adding back carbs and fat.

Hopefully the malaise will soon pass, and you'll get back up to speed.
    Just read this, funny I kept stuffing myself with vegetables. Today for lunch I just had a bunch of romaine lettuce, 2 small cucumbers and organic deli cut turkey breast and 3 little pickles. I think that is plenty till I have my shake after my work out. I'll have the vegetables at dinner time I think. Tummy so full that there would be no way I could stuff vegetables.

Quote: Hi everyone!

I am still around, reading the posts once in a while and back to a combination of phase 1-2... Went through phase 3 for a little less than 2 weeks and fell off the wagon on my wedding anniversary, followed by my son's birthday, followed by a wonderful trip to Niagara Falls!

Was so angry at myself that I first thought of never ever coming back to the boards (and less time on the computer with the beautiful weather we have this summer!) but forgave myself, back on IP and taking it one meal at a time... (though I am missing the breakfasts a LOT!!!!) Family vacations are coming up (last week of July and 1st week of August) which I should manage on a phase 3 and then decide if I get back on IP.

Thank you Novak and WannabeIP for keeping this thread alive - still an inspiration to me! I have not changed my ticker but was 144 this morning... never reached 130 but will!

Sylvie

Sylvie: did you go back to phase I? Also, how quickly did you gain the weight back?

anyways, I was actually wondering what happened to you and how you were doing so am glad you touched base.
  • Quote: Sylvie: did you go back to phase I? Also, how quickly did you gain the weight back?

anyways, I was actually wondering what happened to you and how you were doing so am glad you touched base.
    Well, stopped following the plan on June 18th. Lasts WI with my coach were 134.4 on June 17th and 142.some on June 22. Somehow followed the guidelines but slipped once or twice (!!) every day (sweets, cheese, wine or beer) from there to the 27th. Canada day was not better... Water retention mostly in the firsts days but clothes getting tighter afterwards! Started phase 1 on monday at a high of 149.2 (sigh) but getting better.... one meal at a time!
  • thanks Novak!

what a relief to hear that from someone else than my own turning wheels

i had 2 shakes today and a salad with chopped turkey for lunch, still haven't eaten real vegetables today and i'm going to try my best to at least get my chicken and salad in tonight. shoot..veggies just add more carbs j/k, they are important, it's so weird too bc normally i would be wanting to eat everything while on TOM, but now i completely lose my appetite-a turn in the right direction is suppose
  • ...waves hello to everyone....

sorry I haven't been around much lately. something crazy has happened in my life...

When I moved to phase 3 & 4 I was feeling really really crappy. My stomach hurt all the time and I was exhausted and I attributed it to reintroducing carbs in to my life & processing animal proteins again...I talked to my coach and she did a bunch of research and she couldn't find anyone who was having the same problems as me so she gave me some enzymes to see if that would help...but before I started taking them my husband came back in to town and I told him how I was feeling. That evening he went to the grocery store to pick up some milk & when he came home he threw a pregnancy test at me and told me to take it...I was skeptical because as many of you know we adopted our little guy Hudson after trying to get pregnant for 6 years...

long story short, three pregnancy tests later I finally believe it...I'm pregnant!

We're not very far along, only 7.5 weeks...but ya we're really excited and hoping for the best.

So as a warning to everyone who doesn't want to get pregnant... IP helps people get pregnant when they couldn't even after trying for 6 years and went on every fertility drug out there.... so watch out!

PS - to all my peeps on facebook please don't mention it publicly on facebook as we haven't told many of our "real life" friends because my parents are out of town and I don't want everyone we know to know before they do.
  • OMG !! This is some really goods news ! Congratulations
  • Quote: ...waves hello to everyone....

sorry I haven't been around much lately. something crazy has happened in my life... long story short, three pregnancy tests later I finally believe it...I'm pregnant!
    How wonderful!! Congratulations!

(Will you be starting a new thread on the boards? )
  • Quote: Now Novak it is your job to keep us on the page while I'm away, dont let me down girl.
    YES, DRILL SERGEANT!!

Hey, I'm glad you updated your ticker to reflect overshooting your goal. We want to impress visitors with our accomplishments as much as possible so they'll know that we're not just a couple of goofballs and that our words regarding IP carry considerable weight. Which, of course, our bodies no longer do.
  • Since I've been ordered not to let this thread drop off the page and there are so few "IP graduates" checking in to post their Phase 2-4 experiences so we can fill out our knowledge base here, I'm going to plaster my sister's all over the page.

She was right behind Wannabe in Phase 2, all stressed out because the first week she lost very little weight. Then, just like me (and Wannabe), she dropped dramatically the second week, losing 3.8 pounds in 5 days. (Which, coincidentally, is exactly what I lost in the last 5 days of Phase 2.) At any rate, that put her EXACTLY at her goal of 125. We decided she'd take one more day on Phase 2, and start Phase 3 on Saturday. I'd helped her plan two breakfasts while she was visiting me a couple of weeks ago, so she had all her ingredients ready for blueberry pancakes. In a show of solidarity, I had the same ingredients ready 500 miles away, so we could enjoy breakfast together. We were actually on the phone while we ate... silly girls!!

Also interesting to me is the pattern of losing lots of inches during the last phases of the diet. I've reported before that losing the last 10-15 pounds was most dramatic in terms of how my body seemed to "reconfigure." I was dropping sizes week to week, and had to keep replacing work clothes. I've settled out at a solid size 4, with a size 6 or two in rotation, and a recently added size 2, which completely blows me away.

So when my sister was here two weeks ago and we went shopping for her (at stores and in my closet), she'd gotten down to a comfortable size 6, and could get into a size 4. Yesterday, after our lovely breakfast together, we went shopping in our various states, and she called me from the fitting room at Macy's, where she'd finally managed to locate some size 2's. They fit perfectly.

I have described my own experience those last few weeks on IP as shocking to me; she used the same word yesterday talking about herself. She is older than me by two years, an inch shorter, and lost half the weight I had to lose (I'd completely let myself go before IP, she had actually lost some weight doing points a la WW.) Anyway, we have always been "heavy duty" girls, even when we were running marathons... I never signed up for a race in the "Clydesdale" category, but I could have!

The bottom line is that we are both so thrilled with the stunning results we've gotten on this diet. It truly has been a situation where we hardly recognize ourselves, because even at lower weights, our bodies never looked this small. It's amazing... especially for gals who aren't used to taking up so little space!

Wannabe, when you get back, you need to report in on this subject.
  • Does anyone else get dizzy and/or tired after eating? I'm finsihing up phase 3 this week and I have noticed this more and more, especially after breakfast. I'm hoping it is a sign that my cells are rapidly responding to the insulin secreted after my higher carb breakfast. The feeling passes within 30-40 minutes. And I know it is not related to low sodium intake since I am careful to get adequate amounts of salt (I have chronically low BP).
  • Quote: Does anyone else get dizzy and/or tired after eating? I'm finsihing up phase 3 this week and I have noticed this more and more, especially after breakfast. I'm hoping it is a sign that my cells are rapidly responding to the insulin secreted after my higher carb breakfast. The feeling passes within 30-40 minutes. And I know it is not related to low sodium intake since I am careful to get adequate amounts of salt (I have chronically low BP).
    During Phase 3, that happened after my first big breakfast... lightheaded, I guess. I took it as what you describe--the insulin spike. But I only noticed it that one day. I warned my sister yesterday that she might feel some sort of reaction, but she says she didn't. Haven't checked today...

I definitely feel tired after eating carbs in Phase 4, though more often after lunch. I separate my complex carbs from fat and have them for dinner, but even if I have higher carb veggies at lunch (which are allowed), I become drowsy afterwards. And if I happen to be in a boring meeting, it's all I can do to keep my eyes open!
  • Can someone post the phase sheets?