Old 06-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Default Starting again - lost 45 lbs the first time

I am so happy to find this forum.
Changed my search engine from Yahoo to Google.

I don't know how many times I searched on Yahoo for Ideal Protein and just got the results for centers that sold the products last year.

I lost 45 lbs last year on IP and then quit because of the expense - continued to tweak the program with low carb alternatives for a while and was able to maintain the loss.

Put 20 lbs back on this year and am ready to start again. This program is sooo awesome!!! It is a bit pricey but totally worth it -
elle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #2  

Also,

Can I get some feedback on my food diary - This is what I have eaten these first 2 days on the program.

Break: IP Carmel Nut Bar
Coffee

Snack: IP Strawberry Pudding

Lunch: Broc & Cauli
1 boiled egg
IP Pineapple/Orange Drink

Dinner: Chicken Breast
Broc & Cauli

Snack: IP Crispy Cereal
1 oz skim milk
sprinkle of cinnamon

Cheats?:1 oz hard cheese
1 cinnamon hard candy - made with splenda
1 tsp hidden valley ranch dressing (first day only)

Drinks: 10 glasses of water
1 cup coffee
1 diet pepsi with splenda (pepsi one)
1 plain seltzer

I am eating an extra IP packet these first few days because I am extra hungry -- sugar withdrawl has not been too bad, though.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/239.4/155

Height: 5'9"

Smile

I think your program may be different from mine because that is more food then I am allowed. This is a typical day for me on phase 1:

Breakfast: 1 IP packet, (optional coffee or tea w/ 1oz skim milk)

Lunch: 2cups veggies, unlimited lettuce, and IP packet

Dinner: 5oz meat or 7oz seafood, 2 cups veggies, unlimited lettuce

Snack: IP packet

Some people aren't allowed restricted IP packets for a couple weeks but my office says it's fine.

Hope that helps...good luck restarting...I just started and it's going good so far!

Kira
kkjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkjensen View Post
I think your program may be different from mine because that is more food then I am allowed. This is a typical day for me on phase 1:

Breakfast: 1 IP packet, (optional coffee or tea w/ 1oz skim milk)

Lunch: 2cups veggies, unlimited lettuce, and IP packet

Dinner: 5oz meat or 7oz seafood, 2 cups veggies, unlimited lettuce

Snack: IP packet

Some people aren't allowed restricted IP packets for a couple weeks but my office says it's fine.

Hope that helps...good luck restarting...I just started and it's going good so far!

Kira

This is the same as my information. I'm just starting out, on day 7 now but its been working so far this way.
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Also,

Can I get some feedback on my food diary - This is what I have eaten these first 2 days on the program.

Break: IP Carmel Nut Bar
Coffee

Snack: IP Strawberry Pudding

Lunch: Broc & Cauli
1 boiled egg
IP Pineapple/Orange Drink

Dinner: Chicken Breast
Broc & Cauli

Snack: IP Crispy Cereal
1 oz skim milk
sprinkle of cinnamon

Cheats?:1 oz hard cheese
1 cinnamon hard candy - made with splenda
1 tsp hidden valley ranch dressing (first day only)

Drinks: 10 glasses of water
1 cup coffee
1 diet pepsi with splenda (pepsi one)
1 plain seltzer

I am eating an extra IP packet these first few days because I am extra hungry -- sugar withdrawl has not been too bad, though.
Eliminate the cheats, diet pepsi, and the bar (too many carbs and has sugar in it), you can save the bars for later.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

The restricted items are going to be your decision. My office allowed restricteds from the get-go. I lost like crazy eating a restricted item per day the first few weeks. A lot of people on the forum don't eat restricteds at all, or until they lose 80% or something of their weight. Others, like Bev S. who is now at goal weight, ate 1 per day as they dieted. Now, because my WI's aren't as dramatic plus I'm impatient, I probably average 2 restricteds per week. Honestly, I think the thing that contributes to the best WI's for me now is moderate exercise done 4-5 times per week. Seems to really help. That's my 2 cents! Good luck!!!
kellyrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
The restricted items are going to be your decision. My office allowed restricteds from the get-go. I lost like crazy eating a restricted item per day the first few weeks. A lot of people on the forum don't eat restricteds at all, or until they lose 80% or something of their weight. Others, like Bev S. who is now at goal weight, ate 1 per day as they dieted. Now, because my WI's aren't as dramatic plus I'm impatient, I probably average 2 restricteds per week. Honestly, I think the thing that contributes to the best WI's for me now is moderate exercise done 4-5 times per week. Seems to really help. That's my 2 cents! Good luck!!!
alright! reading this post made me just want to do it. I am going to call the gym in the next few minutes and sign up with a trainer again.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #8  

Thanks for all the feedback.

The little "cheats" - maybe I should call them "extras" - have helped me to not go insane with sugar withdrawl. I guess I did not realize that some people did not eat a bar or ridges daily. That would be very difficult.

I like the way this diet is set up with strict instructions - options always derail me when it comes to dieting. This is the only diet that I have been able to somewhat stick to for more than a day for the last five years. I hope I can lose another 45 lbs on the program like I did last year. I wonder if my body will react the same since I went off of the program for 6 months and just ate whatever ----junk junk junk.

After reading a lot of posts on this forum - I am learning so much!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
alright! reading this post made me just want to do it. I am going to call the gym in the next few minutes and sign up with a trainer again.
WTG Pita!

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback.

The little "cheats" - maybe I should call them "extras" - have helped me to not go insane with sugar withdrawl. I guess I did not realize that some people did not eat a bar or ridges daily. That would be very difficult.

I like the way this diet is set up with strict instructions - options always derail me when it comes to dieting. This is the only diet that I have been able to somewhat stick to for more than a day for the last five years. I hope I can lose another 45 lbs on the program like I did last year. I wonder if my body will react the same since I went off of the program for 6 months and just ate whatever ----junk junk junk.

After reading a lot of posts on this forum - I am learning so much!!!
The little "cheats" will add up to not as much weight lost. Don't get me wrong we have all done it here and there for a special occasion etc but definitely not daily. I ate one restricted per day for the first week and wasn't happy with my weigh in. The 2nd week I only had a restricted on the days I exercised and still was not impressed by my weigh in. So I completely cut them out the last 2 weeks and have been satisfied with my weigh ins. However, I may add a restricted back a day or two after rigorous exercise. I am doing the C25K program and interval training. I exercise 6 days a week. Please DO NOT drink diet pop it is terrible for your body and really messes with your hormones! I hope that helps!
natural girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:18 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
Kelly - I tried to look at your FitDay page and it says it does not exist.

Can you give me an example of what you usually eat on a daily basis?
Thanks!!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Kelly - I tried to look at your FitDay page and it says it does not exist.

Can you give me an example of what you usually eat on a daily basis?
Thanks!!
hello. Gosh, I set up my profile and really didn't know what I was doing with the whole fitday thing. I thought I would keep track of calories and stuff but I didn't know you had to go in and manually enter all the IP stufff. Maybe one of these days...

Anyway, typically I eat pretty close to protocol. Morning: IP packet. Lunch: IP packet plus raw veggies. Dinner: protein of my choice plus cooked veggies. Snack: IP Packets. All of the packets I eat are nonrestricteds. I usually cut up bars into 8 pieces and have like 2 pieces a night. Or, I have a couple chocolate soy puffs after dinner. That's me! Good luck. You can do this!
kellyrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:35 PM   #12  

Well, my first week I am down 8 pounds

Does anyone know if there is a certain # of carbs & fat grams we should try to stay under?

The protocal says around 850 calories but I do not see the fat or carb #'s in my handouts.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #13  

under 40 grams total carbs, 30 g net carbs and under 20g of fat per day
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:42 AM   #14  

I too am starting over again...I was on IP last year for a good while, had a great run of it then tragedy struck and I just crawled inside a cave an felt like dying. I still feel that way most days but life doesn't stop because people die.

I just need the strength I had back then to start AGAIN. :-)
GoddessTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/184/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessTT View Post
I too am starting over again...I was on IP last year for a good while, had a great run of it then tragedy struck and I just crawled inside a cave an felt like dying. I still feel that way most days but life doesn't stop because people die.

I just need the strength I had back then to start AGAIN. :-)
I'm so sorry you experienced tragedy that caused the need for a sabbatical from IP. The strength will come to you - I'm sure of it! The fact that you came back is proof of that Remember how you felt when you were doing great before...the elation of a SV, and the ecstacy of a NSV. You can do this! And we are all here to help you through
beckywelch is offline   Reply With Quote