Old 06-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessTT View Post
I too am starting over again...I was on IP last year for a good while, had a great run of it then tragedy struck and I just crawled inside a cave an felt like dying. I still feel that way most days but life doesn't stop because people die.

I just need the strength I had back then to start AGAIN. :-)

So very sorry for your loss. Life can be unbearable at times like this but we are here for you when you need some extra strength. Posting and reading the posts here can be really inspirational.

You can do this again ---- one day at a time ---- or even take one hour at a time. IP after the first 3 or 4 days really gives you a boost of feeling healthy.
elle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

What is everyone's thought on exercise?? I am on day 11 of IP, I dropped 8.5 the first 7 days and now have been stagnant since....I am following the plan....except haven't been eating veggies at lunch...just shakes...I am thinking that I need to boost my exercise...I got kinda freaked out reading some post that say we should not exercise or lightly exercise...I'm usually really into intense cardio...but am not sure what I should be doing.
AugustBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #18  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBride View Post
What is everyone's thought on exercise?? I am on day 11 of IP, I dropped 8.5 the first 7 days and now have been stagnant since....I am following the plan....except haven't been eating veggies at lunch...just shakes...I am thinking that I need to boost my exercise...I got kinda freaked out reading some post that say we should not exercise or lightly exercise...I'm usually really into intense cardio...but am not sure what I should be doing.
Eat your veggies! Your body needs them even when your head doesn't want them.
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBride View Post
Try to wait until you've been on the diet for 3 week before you add exercise. Then, after 3 weeks, be sure that you have a packet within an hour of exercise. Some on the forum do intense cardio. I'd just be really careful because the worst case scenario is that your body would start eating its' muscle (and internal organs) for energy. Other's on the forum know more, or could explain it more thoroughly. We really should start a separate thread for exercise-related issues. I know it's sort of counter-intuitive when you think of adopting a new, healthier lifestyle and it doesn't include exercise. That bothered me when I started IP and my coach told me not to exercise. Truthfully, my results are better when I do moderate exercise. Hope this helps!
kellyrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

Thanks Kelly, My start weight is the same as yours....I'm sure being down to 184 feels awesome!!!! What is the best part of being this weight??? At 217 my problem was that I was starting to be too big for size 16.....but not big enough to fit in to plus clothes....found it really hard to find clothes that fit.
AugustBride is offline   Reply With Quote