Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 12:18 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Question...

I've read more than once on this forum that lots of exercise will throw you out of ketosis... how does it do that?.. I get it that exercise will make a person hungrier, but if you're still on protocol, how does it affect ketosis?..

Just wondering... thx...

hugs...
I think its best to built muscle at this point than try to lose weight by exercising. weight lifting, yoga etc. Too high of a high rate will put you in a zone that is NOT fat burning. I believe this should be on the FAQ section, gush, I can't remember her name but the woman who was getting married on june 5th put it on. Please if anyone remembers her name, repeat it because that was a great post and explanation about heart rate/fat loss etc.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:19 AM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkjensen View Post
I was wondering what everyone does for their oil requirements? The handouts I got at my consult said 1-2 tsp each day....Dr. Tran Tien's website says 1-2 tbsp per day....which is right?
I have 1 - 2 tsp of olive or grapeseed oil per day plus 4000mg of UDO's oil. Some people do say the more oil they use the better their weight loss...it also helps with constipation issues and dry skin.

Speaking of UDO's oil - thank you so much to whoever mentioned it a few weeks back. I was taking a drugstore brand of Omegas (terrible I know) and I switched to the UDO's and started taking it last week and the difference I feel in my skin is like night and day....my skin was cracking and so dry and now it feels soft and wonderful again.

Last edited by jordanna; 06-09-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:21 AM   #48  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkjensen View Post
I was wondering what everyone does for their oil requirements? The handouts I got at my consult said 1-2 tsp each day....Dr. Tran Tien's website says 1-2 tbsp per day....which is right?

i just looked at dr tiens website and found he recommends 1-2 Tbsp 2x per day..and he also allows dairy in phase 2.

i think that ip is BASED on his protocol but not the same as his possibly...otherwise, i should be taking in A LOT more oil per day.

any other opinions on this??
Old 06-09-2010, 12:22 AM   #49  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I think its best to built muscle at this point than try to lose weight by exercising. weight lifting, yoga etc. Too high of a high rate will put you in a zone that is NOT fat burning. I believe this should be on the FAQ section, gush, I can't remember her name but the woman who was getting married on june 5th put it on. Please if anyone remembers her name, repeat it because that was a great post and explanation about heart rate/fat loss etc.

her name is elizabeth and her name on 3fc is deinekatze...i think i spelled that right!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-09-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:33 AM   #50  

TO JORDANNA I buy the UDO's oil and I'm pretty sure showgirlaz (Carla) does, too. I don't buy it in capsules, though! I buy it in a bottle just like I buy olive oil or any other oil. I use a teaspoon of the UDO's oil and a teaspoon of olive oil throughout the day. Of course, I don't care for the UDO's oil flavor as much but I love what it contains. I usually just use the UDO's and the olive oil at the same time in a saladl; the WF dressings are really yummy when mixed with a bit of oil and lots of spices!!! I have to keep the UDO's oil refrigerated, too!

Last edited by chimpchamp; 06-09-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:35 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
her name is elizabeth and her name on 3fc is deinekatze...i think i spelled that right!
Thanks y'all... found it!!!.. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3300581...
Old 06-09-2010, 12:37 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
TO JORDANNA I buy the UDO's oil and I'm pretty sure showgirlaz (Carla) does, too. I don't buy it in capsules, though! I buy it in a bottle just like I buy olive oil or any other oil. I use a teaspoon of the UDO's oil and a teaspoon of olive oil throughout the day. Of course, I don't care for the UDO's oil flavor as much but I love what it contains. I usually just use the UDO's and the olive oil at the same time in a saladl; the WF dressings are really yummy when mixed with a bit of oil and lots of spices!!! I have to keep the UDO's oil refrigerated, too!
Oh I didn't even realize it came in "oil" form. I can't get over the difference that a week on the capsules has made for me...not even a week, I think that was Friday I started taking them...I recommend everyone take them lol.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #53  

TO JORDANNA Glad to know you've noticed such a difference. The bottled oil is called Udo's Oil 3*6*9 Blend the ideal 2:1:1 ratio of unrefined omega fatty acids. The mixture contains flax oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, evening primrose oil, rice bran oil, soy lecithin, oat germ and bran oil, mixed tocopherols (nonGM) and they are all organic. I wonder if that's what your capsules contain?!?!?

Last edited by chimpchamp; 06-09-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Jordanna...what store did you get the Udo's from?...I currently use an Omega from the health food store (gasp, lol), and would love to see the difference in my skin.
Thanks!!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #55  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

WI #3 and 4lbs gone! Woohoo. Grand total of 15lbs in 3 weeks..

Funny embarasing NSV.. I was helping a co-worker run some cables and.. well.. I almost mooned the poor guy.. Thankfully my bright prink underware stayed in place lol
Wishing everyone a wonderful evening
Old 06-09-2010, 01:08 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Atta girl Addy!!!..That is another great WI, be proud! And way to go with the bright pink underwear...your co-worker would have been stuck with "grannie" panties with me
Old 06-09-2010, 01:09 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Oh I didn't even realize it came in "oil" form. I can't get over the difference that a week on the capsules has made for me...not even a week, I think that was Friday I started taking them...I recommend everyone take them lol.
Can you please tell me what Udo's oil is and where I can buy it . My skin is very dry . Does Udo stand for something .LOL . I am sure it does . Never heard of it before.Thanks .
Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #58  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
This seems to be the general consensus on exercise: no more than half an hour and nothing that gets your heart rate up. Walking would be a great form of exercise in the beginning.

However - there is an athletic protocol which adds an extra measure of protein that you would have right after a workout if you are working out more intensely. This is the protocol I'm on right now, doing the C25K so on the days I run, I add an extra package of food...

Also, I believe Showgirl posted some information on exercising once you've been in ketosis for some time and how your body will adapt to the new exercise and you'll stay in ketosis. (I'm paraphrasing, I can't remember what exactly she said, nor do I remember when she posted it). That being said, I know Sassykimann is having problems staying in ketosis with her workout routine so I'm not sure when or how much is too much?
I wish I'd done the extra packet yesterday after zumba but I had no appetite almost all day and had to force myself to even get in 3. Today was just the opposite -- woke up hungry and was starving all day long until tonight when it just got grumbly. I didn't even think about wearing my heart rate monitor but I could tell that it was very much elevated. When I checked the ketostix it was back to trace/light instead of moderate like it was yesterday. I'm probably going to skip tomorrow's workout just to be safe and wait until Thursday to do my usual 30 minutes at Curves. I wanna be safely back in my comfort zone (moderate ketosis) so that I'm not obsessing over food the way I did today. Just to give you an example of my of my state of mind I accidentally typed cheetos initially instead of ketosis. Thanks goodness I previewed this before posting, lol.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:19 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

I'd also like to know what UDO's oil is and where to get it -- ?!

Good weigh in today and have lost about 14 pounds in 4 weeks. Not as much as some, but good enough. NSV: Buttoned a jacket that I'd never been able to button before -- ever -- ! I was so happy and surprised I jumped up and down in the house, and the dog thought I was crazy.

Question for everyone: Does your clinic or doctor recommend B-12 and some sort of Amino Acid delivered by shots? If so, do you think they are helpful & worth the cost?

Jess
Old 06-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies...
Congratulations on all your accomplishments. Each and every one makes the days that much more brighter!

My updates: tonight i had my 2nd week WI and lost 3.5 lbs. very excited... haven't been this new weight in a couple of years!

i learned some things from my coach.. because i insist on exercising (which he does not like! ) he said i need a minimum of 4 IPs a day. So, i normally exercise in the early morning before work. He specifically requested (actually ordered) I drink a pack when I wake up before i exercise and then drink another IP pack after exercising (within 30 mins). I was not doing this and he thought that might be the reason i am always hungry.

If i am still hungry, he said I could add a little more protein during my dinner but not to add more veggies because of the carbs - don't want too much. I did mention that one of the days, i was so busy did not have time to eat mylunch ration of veggies... so he said make it up later in the day and never skips the veggies because they are an important part of the program. he suggested that i give this a try and see how I do. if i don't lose weight, then he will re-evaluate.

so tomorrow is a new day and I will try it out. I already prepared my breakfast drinks (chilling in the fridge) so i can get up, drink, dress, leave house, exercise, drink, take shower, tackle the day with energy and a smile

hugs and kisses to you all for all the inspiration!
Closed Thread