Old 06-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Default Walden Farms on IP

How many of you guys out there use Walden Farms products on Ideal Protein? Are they really IP compatible? What do you like the most?
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
How many of you guys out there use Walden Farms products on Ideal Protein? Are they really IP compatible? What do you like the most?
Yes, they're compatible. Most of the coach sell them with their products. They're compatible because they're 0 everything. Even if they're supposed to be zero, be careful because they're in fact not zero if you eat more than 1 tbsp that is suggested on the packet.

I really like :
the Thousand Island dressing
the ranch dressing
the strawberry jam
Maple syrup (taste like butterscotch)

Ok :
Honey Dijon dressing (but seriously, just mix some 0 cal dijon with white vinegar and olive oil... It'll be sooo much better !)
Mayo is ok also, although I only use it to cut in half my real low fat mayo if I need some)
Chocolate syrup

Disgusting :
Peannut butter

Hope this help

Last edited by 1FCuser; 06-04-2010 at 10:38 PM.
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #3  

Thank you for your input. I bought the barbecue sauce, ketchup, strawberry syrup and chocolate syrup today (i live about thirty minutes away from a store that sells WF so i went a little crazy). I tried all of those as soon as i got home, and so far they're pretty good. They'll definitely add a little excitement to the diet. I did buy the honey mustard dressing and really did not like it. I'm going to order the mayo on their website tonight (didn't have it at the store), i really miss chicken salad. What do you put the strawberry jam and maple syrup on???
Old 06-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
Thank you for your input. I bought the barbecue sauce, ketchup, strawberry syrup and chocolate syrup today (i live about thirty minutes away from a store that sells WF so i went a little crazy). I tried all of those as soon as i got home, and so far they're pretty good. They'll definitely add a little excitement to the diet. I did buy the honey mustard dressing and really did not like it. I'm going to order the mayo on their website tonight (didn't have it at the store), i really miss chicken salad. What do you put the strawberry jam and maple syrup on???
Strawberry jam, I use it on my vanilla pudding that I froze a while, than microwave a little jam, and put it on top of my frozed pudding. It's like a sundae !

Maple syrup, I use it on the IP pancakes, in some home made dressings, and in my IP vanilla pudding with 300 ml water to make it as a shake
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #5  

I'm not eating any restricted food yet, so i'll save the maple syrup (can't wait!). The pudding with the strawberry jam sounds so good! I have my weigh-in tomorrow, so i'm going to grab a vanilla pudding and try that with the strawberry syrup. Thanks for your help, i really appreciate it! Food has been so boring lately and has made the diet somewhat discouraging (i won't go off it because it really works), and i really think the WF things will help jazz things up a bit.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

my favorite is the Thousand Island...I use it to make a IP friendly Turkey reuben...I take a few whole leaves of Iceburg lettuce as my base, my 5oz of turkey, top with sauerkraut and the WF thousand island...it is yummy
rinoa1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #7  

Found a really good site to order Walden Farms stuff on... www.netrition.com The WF website was really expensive!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 151/133/125 (ID-June2nd)

Height: 5'3"

I just did a search online to see who sells them in town so I'm gonna go grab some stuff today. I'm excited for the chocolate dip because I LOOOOOOOOVE chocolate. I read on this site, in one of the very big threads, that someone uses candy mold and freezes it... that sounds soo grand. I can't wait. It's only Day 5 for me on IP and my cravings are killing me... it doesn't help that I've been to two BBQ's and watched ppl eat chips, fruits, and such

I'm gonna buy the thousand island stuff as suggested by Lady5andy. I came across some other reviews when I googled reviews and it seems that's the most popular favourite.
AngieEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #9  

So I bought the WF like I said I would and I also bought 1 packet of Italian to keep in my purse for restaurant emergencies... wish I had it with me yesterday because I had only breakfast + lunch by 5pm and didn't have anything until 11pm... and I'm just in phase1

anyway
I will try the Thousand Island probably tomorrow. But I did freeze some chocolate dip into candy molds and wow, is it ever SWEET. One itty bitty tiny bite and that's it for me. Def makes my sweet tooth fall out and not want anything sweet for awhile
Old 06-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 191(86.6)

Height: 5' 5"

i just have to say that the mayo was really gross for me. I bought it on sale though, perhaps this is why the flavor was really off-putting? idk
chouchoubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:46 PM   #11  

I got the barbecue sauce (thick and spicy), ketchup, strawberry sauce, and chocolate sauce. So far, they're all good and have really helped make dinners been more interesting. I've tried the honey dijon dressing and the ranch and really don't like either. I think i'm giving up on the dressings. My trial and error is getting costly. I put the strawberry sauce and a vanilla drink with some ice in the blender. So good. I just ordered a bunch of stuff online and i'm hoping those are good too. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #12  

I've seen reviews about Mayo being split down the middle. Some love it and some dislike it. I was thinking of making devilled eggs with either that or extra virgin olive oil and see if i can get something creamy out of that.

BrittStar027. I loove ranch and i ALMOST picked up honey dijon so that's disappointing that you didn't like either. I'm gonna give ranch a try anyway, because i want something to dip my raw veggies in. When I do I'll have togive you a comparison of ranch and thousand island

you'll have to update us on your purchase when you get them
Old 06-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #13  

I really like the WF Ranch dressing for salads. I buy the WF chocolate syrup and WF peanut spread to add into the blender with the IP puddings, water and ice to make a delicious shake. The WF marshmallow dip is also good - I use it as a "frosting" on mini chocolate cupcakes made with the IP chocolate pancake/muffin mix. I bought the WF strawberry spread and put it in the blender with the IP vanilla pudding mix, some cooked rhubarb, water and ice to make a strawberry rhubarb shake that was good.

Last edited by Sweetstina; 07-19-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Brittstar027:

I am new to IP as well. My coach gave me a free sample of WF Seafood dressing the day I picked up my first order. They sell the products to their clients.

I found some thousand island and ranch dressing in a local grocery store. I absolutely love the ranch on my chicken and romaine lettuce salads. I have not tried the others on anything yet. I did order about six more products on the internet. I'll let you know what I think when I get them.
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 191(86.6)

Height: 5' 5"

OH and also The Creamy Bacon. That was gross on a stick!! But i happened to find a few uses for their ketchup. I use it more as a tomato sauce, if anything. but it doesnt taste bad at all on a burger if you are truely missing that ketchup flavor.

I'll have to try their bbq sauce seems most everyone says that it's good!
chouchoubou is offline   Reply With Quote