Old 06-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Default IP consult tonight start program tomorrow.

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Jeremiah and I am going in tonight after work for my IP consult and to get my first weeks food. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I've been lurking on this forum reading for awhile about different kinds of diets and people success with them. I have a tendency to overly research anything I do so I make the right choice the first time. I had never heard of IP until about a month ago. Was visiting my mom and she was telling me about some family members that I have seen in years and how much of an amazing transformation they have made while on it. She also handed me a phaphlet and suggested that I look into it. This is the only program I've seen that I can't really find anyone saying negative things about so I'm going to dive into it head first. I'm very strong willed and will stick with something as long as I'm see results. I've been working out for about 6 months and am getting to the point of being discouraged with it. I'm working hard and eating "right" but don't seem to be making any progress. Hopefully this program is the push my body needs to kick the fat burn into high gear.

I have read alot of good information here from people that have had alot of success with this program. I hope to be able to share what I learn on my journey to a new improved me with others. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions and look forward to sharing my success with others that have done the same.
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #2  

Height: 5'10"

Welcome to the "family" Jeremiah! I wish you well on your journey. I'm not going to lie, there are days on IP that seem like years ... but you can't argue with results. This program really works when you follow it! I've been on IP since Feb. 23. I feel great, have enjoyed the results, and will hopefully soon be moving to phase 2! YEAH! This forum has a lot of great information and many wonderful, supportive people. Good luck to you - hope to see you around!
Hockey Mom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Welcome Jeremiah! I'm new as well and this is a great group. Everyone is very supportive and nice
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Jeremiah!!....WELCOME!!! You are going to be so pleased that you have started on this journey. Being strongwilled will only help you more If you have a chance, read over some of the other threads. There is so much information here as well as almost 24hr support, hahaha. Any questions just ask, and if you just need to vent, go for it! Welcome again!
Calgarygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #5  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Jeremiah and I am going in tonight after work for my IP consult and to get my first weeks food. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I've been lurking on this forum reading for awhile about different kinds of diets and people success with them. I have a tendency to overly research anything I do so I make the right choice the first time. I had never heard of IP until about a month ago. Was visiting my mom and she was telling me about some family members that I have seen in years and how much of an amazing transformation they have made while on it. She also handed me a phaphlet and suggested that I look into it. This is the only program I've seen that I can't really find anyone saying negative things about so I'm going to dive into it head first. I'm very strong willed and will stick with something as long as I'm see results. I've been working out for about 6 months and am getting to the point of being discouraged with it. I'm working hard and eating "right" but don't seem to be making any progress. Hopefully this program is the push my body needs to kick the fat burn into high gear.

I have read alot of good information here from people that have had alot of success with this program. I hope to be able to share what I learn on my journey to a new improved me with others. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions and look forward to sharing my success with others that have done the same.
Ditto on the welcome... but a word of warning: enjoy it now, because men lose a lot faster than women, and pretty soon we're all going to resent the heck out of you
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Ditto on the welcome... but a word of warning: enjoy it now, because men lose a lot faster than women, and pretty soon we're all going to resent the heck out of you
Thats the kind of resentment I live with...lol

and thanks everyone else for the warm welcome
Old 06-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

WELCOME!!!

I second Novak's comment! We will be so jealous in NO TIME! My coach, a man, lost 67 pounds in 65 days! Another man in his clinic, started just before me, lost 75 pounds in 80 days. You guys become "the incredible shrinking men" on this plan!

JUST A BIT OF CAUTION, you said you have been working out the past 6 months. DEFINITELY, Restrain yourself for at least for at least the first 3 weeks on this. Then, take it really slow. It takes a body a little bit of time to adjust to using ketones for fuel and, we are not on a typical High Calorie, High fat (let alone a carb-loading) Ketogenic plan like some body builders and athletes use. You will find you get wiped out pretty fast if you try to do to much physically on the program. Once you have been on awhile, I don't think you notice much of an energy change when you work out.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
WELCOME!!!

I second Novak's comment! We will be so jealous in NO TIME! My coach, a man, lost 67 pounds in 65 days! Another man in his clinic, started just before me, lost 75 pounds in 80 days. You guys become "the incredible shrinking men" on this plan!

JUST A BIT OF CAUTION, you said you have been working out the past 6 months. DEFINITELY, Restrain yourself for at least for at least the first 3 weeks on this. Then, take it really slow. It takes a body a little bit of time to adjust to using ketones for fuel and, we are not on a typical High Calorie, High fat (let alone a carb-loading) Ketogenic plan like some body builders and athletes use. You will find you get wiped out pretty fast if you try to do to much physically on the program. Once you have been on awhile, I don't think you notice much of an energy change when you work out.
Thanks for the tip on restraining myself....I will have to try and do that....I'm kind of addicted to working out but do not want to do anything to jepordize my weight loss or health. I will make sure to closely monitor it and discuss plans with my doctor....hopefully I can do both...as long as I scale back my work out from the 80-90% MHR that I normally work out at to a more reasonable 60-70% MHR....which will seem odd but if it works.....

anyway I'm rambling....thank you for the advice.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Thanks for the tip on restraining myself....as long as I scale back my work out from the 80-90% MHR that I normally work out at to a more reasonable 60-70% MHR....which will seem odd but if it works.....

anyway I'm rambling....thank you for the advice.
It will work! Some of the fastest losing females on this forum are doing low heart rate intensity activities. Think in terms of sustained, endurance type things. I was told by Elizabeth, another on the forum who is a personal trainer (she is in wedding mode these days!), to be focused on keeping heart rate low and work on definition.

You can go back to the other training later and will be amazed at how fast you will get that cut look. IF you do this right, you lose only fat, no muscle so the effect in the end is great!

I know it is counter intuitive. I used to train a lot too. 2 hrs a day 5 days a week.. BUT I WASN'T losing. Now, I've lost, and I am smaller in dimensions than I ever was before at this weight.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:14 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

I know it is counter intuitive. I used to train a lot too. 2 hrs a day 5 days a week.. BUT I WASN'T losing. Now, I've lost, and I am smaller in dimensions than I ever was before at this weight.
Thats where I'm at now. Training like mad but have stopped losing. Obviously when I started working out I lost some but after my body became use to the work outs I stopped losing.

I did talk this over with my doctor tonight and she said to slow down and take it easy. Said since I'm use to working out frequently it would be fine to continue even through my starting days of the program. Just that I need to target the 60-70% heart rate. Also told me if I was feeling worn out to cut it short since my body is going to be rapidly changing.

I'm really looking forward to doing this and that every new day is the first day of the rest of my healthier life.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Welcome! I was in a bit of a similar situation as you, I had been faithfully working out for a year, seeing a personal trainer, etc. I was feeling better, getting stonger but those dang pounds just weren't going anywhere. I heard about IP on the radio and started researching and found this site and the rest is history. I continued to go to the gym and my trainer has been very good about listening to what I say and seeing how the various work outs impact me. I finally have been loosing weight since starting this plan. I felt like I wasted a whole year's membership at the gym by not eating right all along. Then I though about it and decided I made excercise a good habit and don't regret a year with no weight loss and do feel good about working my butt off. I can't wait to hear how you do with this!!

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 06-03-2010 at 11:26 PM.
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #12  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Welcome! You will find insperation and a lot of help and advice here.
Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #13  

well day one is now in the record books.....didn't feel hungry at all and felt satisfied with the food. I have got a headache that I can't seem to get rid of but hope that after a few days it will go away as my body gets use to less calories. I experienced the same kind of headaches when i stopped consuming caffiene so hopefully its the same kind of deal. Overall I feel good though.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
well day one is now in the record books.....didn't feel hungry at all and felt satisfied with the food. I have got a headache that I can't seem to get rid of but hope that after a few days it will go away as my body gets use to less calories. I experienced the same kind of headaches when i stopped consuming caffiene so hopefully its the same kind of deal. Overall I feel good though.
Welcome Jeremiah! Congrats on getting through day 1. I had some killer headaches the first few days. Seasalt really helps. Put it on your veggies, even in your water. It helped me instantly. Good luck!
kellyrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Hi Jeremiah! This diet works very well, and is pretty easy to stick with. It's actually the first i've seen great results with and don't feel like cheating every second! This site has been an amazing resource and an awesome source of support. Good luck!!!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote