Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

...Just had my 1st weigh-in..lost 8 lbs !! I am doing IP w my daughter (Jules26).....It's great having support in the house !!
Congrads to all that had a great week !!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

QUOTE from Carla: "I don't know anything really about cell memory. Ok, I take that back. I have had exposure to holographic repatterning, quantum medicines, behavioral kinesiology, energy medicine and several other alternative healing modalities and all of them have refered to "cell memory". I even read a book called Feeling Buried Alive Never Die which, suggested that strong feelings and emotion effect our cell structure on a quantum science level and can create disease. I can't explain the theories of how that works.

I find it interesting that so many people experience similar things though. I do know that many people over the past year, and other dieters too, have shared similar experiences when losing large amounts of weight."

My Response: I believe that! As we stored fat, there were emotions and memories associated with those fat cells and as we release them, we experience those memories/emotions again. I experience it in my dreams and then I wake up and it dissipates. Good thing it doesn't linger. But I think it explains a lot of anxiety, nightmares, sleep disturbances or panic a lot of us experience.

I just read the Ideal Protein book-his diet protocol is stricter than the diet I have (as far as acceptable veggies). I am not going to alter my program, but I thought his 1 tsp of olive oil a day and restricting broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage and mushrooms sounded too restrictive. Is anyone limiting these veggies (like the original IP suggests)? I'm loosing well on my 2 TBSP olive oil a day + 2 Coconut oil caps at night before dinner with apple cider vinegar.

Last edited by WorldTraveleronIP; 12-04-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Wanted to emphasize quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 204/191/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Lost newbie

Hello all, I've posted once before and can't figure out how to find replies or my posts. I am on week 2. Lost 10 lbs on wk one WI. Woo hoo. BUT I just started my new job and it's 12 hrs of running around in the hospital and so I didn't get to eat until 10 pm (breakfast was at 8 am). It messed up my sleep cycle, and then I felt awful and had a restricted bar instead of dinner. (so 4 IP proteins today.) My coach gave me restricted foods to have one a day of, but I didn't want to so I'd have a better weight loss. I also would like to know how to do this and exercise.

SO....question is HOW DO I GET BACK ON TRACK and feel that awesome energy I had before all this. I am SO SICK of all the veggies. I have fixed them all in every way imagineable. Any tips. I know this is so worth it. I KNOW this works, I won't cheat worse then that bar, and won't do it again. Obviously it didn't make me feel better as it didn't have the sugar spike I'm so used to with cheating with a candy bar. I have no intention of cheating that way.

Tips please? And how on earth to follow them? Thanks
Old 12-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #124  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenae1968 View Post
Hello all, I've posted once before and can't figure out how to find replies or my posts. I am on week 2. Lost 10 lbs on wk one WI. Woo hoo. BUT I just started my new job and it's 12 hrs of running around in the hospital and so I didn't get to eat until 10 pm (breakfast was at 8 am). It messed up my sleep cycle, and then I felt awful and had a restricted bar instead of dinner. (so 4 IP proteins today.) My coach gave me restricted foods to have one a day of, but I didn't want to so I'd have a better weight loss. I also would like to know how to do this and exercise.

SO....question is HOW DO I GET BACK ON TRACK and feel that awesome energy I had before all this. I am SO SICK of all the veggies. I have fixed them all in every way imagineable. Any tips. I know this is so worth it. I KNOW this works, I won't cheat worse then that bar, and won't do it again. Obviously it didn't make me feel better as it didn't have the sugar spike I'm so used to with cheating with a candy bar. I have no intention of cheating that way.

I am going to crosspost this message to the daily thread which you can find here. I think that you'll get more responses. Your post will show up on page 6 of that thread.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgiraultRPh View Post
---Love the blueberry pom-- and the cereal is much better with ice cold water-- I freeze my water while I walk my 30 minute walk then pour and go!!!
Try the Blueberry pom HOT! put some apple pie spice and splenda in with it and you have a very nutritious Hot ''Apple" cider!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #126  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP - Alternative Plan

Here is a link back to the protocol sheets for the official IP Alternative Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
After several inquiring about the official IP Alternative Plan lately, I thought I would post the official protocol sheets because I couldn't find them posted anywhere (but, then again, I may be blind).
Old 12-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #127  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:

I so know how you feel! I work in a hospital to and am running all over the place. Most days I have time for breakfast, lunch and my afternoon snack. Somedays lunch is attempted 3-4 times before completed. This is what I have found works for me... first I have a good 10 packets in my lunch box at all times so I can have whatever my body might need. For breakfast I do a hot chocolate shake with coffee mixed in. It's easy to do this for breakfast since I can just chug it down. I always make a large salad the night before I work so I can just throw it in my lunch bag in the morning. I have two salad dressings in the fridge in my office so I'm not stuck with one flavor. Then I have a shake with my salad. In the afternoon I always have a restricted because by then my body needs carbs. I generally walk 7-10 miles a day, on busy days it's 10-12 miles! I can throw the bar in my scrub pocket and eat in between patients whenever I get time. On busy days I will throw in another shake at some point, usually late morning. Then when I get home I'm generally exhausted so I always have veggies chopped up and ready to go on my days off. I also pre-measure out my 5 ounces of meat into sandwich bags. So it's super quick and easy to throw my meat and veggies into a stirfry for dinner. My goal is to eat something about every 3 hours to keep my energy up through out the day. I also have a 1.5 liter bottle of water that I fill up in the morning and finish by lunch time. Then I complete my second 1.5 liter bottle before I head home that night.

As for veggies... I hated them too in the beginning. Just eat them... If there is one thing I've learned, I no longer eat what I'm craving I eat what my body needs. So it might not be my favorite thing in the world to eat, I wll eat them because it helps me to lose this weight. I am starting to like them more, I don't think I will ever crave them though. Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya don't wanna do! It will all make sense later
Old 12-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #128  

Unhappy Not feeling great

I just started IP 9 days ago. I've stuck to the program perfectly but only lost 3 lbs. the first week. I'm so not hungry I have time forcing myself to eat and struggle with the veggies. The worst part, for me, is I'm feeling exceptionally cranky and depressed which are not usual for me. My doctor is relatively new to carrying this program and was out of a lot of items so for week 2, I was given 5 days of chili and 2 days of chicken soup. I'm just wanting to cry! Any suggestions? BTW, I'm 68 years old, started in at 221 lbs. and have 75 to go.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin96 View Post
I just started IP 9 days ago. I've stuck to the program perfectly but only lost 3 lbs. the first week. I'm so not hungry I have time forcing myself to eat and struggle with the veggies. The worst part, for me, is I'm feeling exceptionally cranky and depressed which are not usual for me. My doctor is relatively new to carrying this program and was out of a lot of items so for week 2, I was given 5 days of chili and 2 days of chicken soup. I'm just wanting to cry! Any suggestions? BTW, I'm 68 years old, started in at 221 lbs. and have 75 to go.
first of all
5 DAYS of chili?!!! OMG! and 2 days of chicken soup. So does that mean 15 packages of chili and 6 packages of chicken soup? to equal 21, 7 days in a week and 3 packets a day. No drinks? No puddings? Wow not wonder you only lost 3 lbs the chili has quite a few carbs. Look on the recipe threads for veggies ideas. Lots of good ones. I LOVE (somewhat addicted to haha) grated cauliflower and celery root. The cauliflower is very versitle. And I use the celery root like you would potatoes.
good luck and keep chugging!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #130  

I just met with the doctor who provides I.P. to us - he said my current meds were totally screwing up the process. He took me off 2 of my meds and substituted 2. I've also not been sleeping which he said is going to change the progress. So....................more to be revealed.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #131  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin96 View Post
Welcome. And you sure deserve a gold star for perseverance.

Five days of chili! And 1050 mg of sodium in each chicken soup. No wonder you didn't lose more. I don't know where in California you live, but if I were you I'd hie me to a good health food store and look for a whey protein. Soy's OK if you don't have hypothyroidism. And read extensively in the Alternative Program sticky. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...deas-tips.html

If you have a Costco nearby you should be able to find a palatable, cheaper alternative. And despite the nonsense, please don't give up.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 204/191/145

Height: 5'7"

Default HELP. Panicking in week 2 w/ no weight loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
I so know how you feel! I work in a hospital to and am running all over the place. Most days I have time for breakfast, lunch and my afternoon snack. Somedays lunch is attempted 3-4 times before completed. This is what I have found works for me... first I have a good 10 packets in my lunch box at all times so I can have whatever my body might need. For breakfast I do a hot chocolate shake with coffee mixed in. It's easy to do this for breakfast since I can just chug it down. I always make a large salad the night before I work so I can just throw it in my lunch bag in the morning. I have two salad dressings in the fridge in my office so I'm not stuck with one flavor. Then I have a shake with my salad. In the afternoon I always have a restricted because by then my body needs carbs. I generally walk 7-10 miles a day, on busy days it's 10-12 miles! I can throw the bar in my scrub pocket and eat in between patients whenever I get time. On busy days I will throw in another shake at some point, usually late morning. Then when I get home I'm generally exhausted so I always have veggies chopped up and ready to go on my days off. I also pre-measure out my 5 ounces of meat into sandwich bags. So it's super quick and easy to throw my meat and veggies into a stirfry for dinner. My goal is to eat something about every 3 hours to keep my energy up through out the day. I also have a 1.5 liter bottle of water that I fill up in the morning and finish by lunch time. Then I complete my second 1.5 liter bottle before I head home that night.

As for veggies... I hated them too in the beginning. Just eat them... If there is one thing I've learned, I no longer eat what I'm craving I eat what my body needs. So it might not be my favorite thing in the world to eat, I wll eat them because it helps me to lose this weight. I am starting to like them more, I don't think I will ever crave them though. Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya don't wanna do! It will all make sense later
Thanks Jency!
That helps alot, at least to know you feel my pain. I'm still only on week 2 so I can't have the bars yet right?

I took some melatonin and finally slept well, but am getting a bit discouraged again. I'm hoping for 3 lbs at WI at least,which is only 2 days away (lost 10 lbs week 1, woo hoo) and I keep going up and down on the scale (weighing incessantly every am etc). Was 171, now 173 this am. Argh! What th?! I'm wondering if its the trarafino splenda coffee syrups (0 everything) that I'm using or all the Splenda I use in my 2 cups of coffee for the day? Should I only have one cup? No flavorings? Is it because my eating schedule is messed up with work? I suddenly feel like I look like I did 10 lbs ago. Not close to that time of the month ie: water retention, so just trying to find solution. Is it due to more exercise, standing, delayed eating until late at night, maybe not enough water? Not Precise veggie measurement? Salt? Olive oil? (can you tell I'm panicking?)

Thanks for any tips on the way to get the ball rolling again.

I have a 3 proteins a day (week 2 so no restricteds...though my coach gave them to me and all her clients eat them the entire time, and I had a bar the other day out of frustration. Coffee x 2 cups daily, with lots of splenda use.)

HELP!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #133  

Quote:
Thanks Jency!
That helps alot, at least to know you feel my pain. I'm still only on week 2 so I can't have the bars yet right?

I took some melatonin and finally slept well, but am getting a bit discouraged again. I'm hoping for 3 lbs at WI at least,which is only 2 days away (lost 10 lbs week 1, woo hoo) and I keep going up and down on the scale (weighing incessantly every am etc). Was 171, now 173 this am. Argh! What th?! I'm wondering if its the trarafino splenda coffee syrups (0 everything) that I'm using or all the Splenda I use in my 2 cups of coffee for the day? Should I only have one cup? No flavorings? Is it because my eating schedule is messed up with work? I suddenly feel like I look like I did 10 lbs ago. Not close to that time of the month ie: water retention, so just trying to find solution. Is it due to more exercise, standing, delayed eating until late at night, maybe not enough water? Not Precise veggie measurement? Salt? Olive oil? (can you tell I'm panicking?)

I have a 3 proteins a day (week 2 so no restricteds...though my coach gave them to me and all her clients eat them the entire time, and I had a bar the other day out of frustration. Coffee x 2 cups daily, with lots of splenda use.)

HELP!
I feel your pain wranae I am in week 10 and I have not lost for 2 weeks in fact I gained 3 lbs. For me it was starting back to hot yoga (at least the is what I am telling myself. haha) It sounds like it is your system being shocked to me.
Mix it up a bit maybe? I have lost those stinking 3 lbs this week and I mixed it up. here is what I did.........worth a try right?
I drink 24 oz of water in the first 30 mins that I am up. Then I have breakfast (a protein RTD using tea for the liquid)
between breakfast and lunch I have a salad with 1/2 c of other veggie on it. (usually cucumber)
lunch is a protein and 1 & 1/2 cup veggie with an IP protein
between lunch and dinner I have another salad with or with out added 1/2 c veggie.
dinner cooked protein and the rest of my daily veggies
How much water are you drinking? I TRY for a gallon a day, I do not always make it however. Make sure you are adding the oz of coffee up and adding that much water to what you are already having in a day. The 0/0/0 on the splenda is only 0/0/0 for whatever a serving is. If there is .5 carbs or less in a serving then it says 0. (I got that from this forum I love reading here) so if you are have say 4 or 6 servings in a day that could be adding some carbs though only maybe 3 over the course of the day.
before bed a RTD ususally warm cuz it feels good.
I am sure others will give you ideas too. Try them all until you find what works for you.
good luck and keep coming back here and sharing do not give up YOU CAN DO IT!!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #134  

Quote:
Thanks Jency!

HELP!
Where in WA are you? If you don't mind my asking.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #135  

Quote:
Thanks Jency!

HELP!
Where in WA are you? If you don't mind my asking.
Closed Thread