Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #406  

Thumbs down 2 cups Veggies

Question.... (I start Monday)

Can I put the 2 cups of veggies in chicken broth without slowing results?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #407  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Posting here by request...

re: carbonation. i think there have been a lot of questions as to whether carbonated water is allowed on this diet. i am ok with club soda, but i think it might be a problem if you were to try and consume your entire day's worth of water in carbonated form (8-10 glasses/day). however, one or two glasses a day shouldn't be a problem.

the concern regarding carbonated beverages is carbonic acid. this diet promoted alkalinity as a way of promoting weight loss... i'm not sure i buy all that. the stomach is very acidic (with a PH of around 2), and therefore will overwhelm anything like club soda. my dad is a chemist, and we have discussed this at length.

there is a lot that i love about this diet, but i'm not sure i buy the whole alkalinity argument in general. if anything, eating alkaline food will just make it necessary to eat more salt (NACL) for the stomach to produce enough hydrochloric acid (HCL) to reach the PH level of 2 for proper digestion... that is part of the reason that we need so much salt on this diet. the other reason we need salt is to stabilize blood pressure and also make sure that our mineral composition is in check because the diet is naturally low in sodium... (although keep in mind that if you eat more than one soup a day this isn't the case).

probably more info than anyone wanted, and feel free to debate with me. i think there is a lot of confusion about acidic foods and their impact on our bodies. the divide seems to be between chemists and nutritionists. one this one, i side with the chemists.

Since we're already talking chemistry, I will add my two cents re: diet sodas.. Most of those contain phosporic acid, which helps with the carbonation. This is known to cause certain health issues, including calcium being leached from bones. Since we don't eat dairy on this diet and only get calcium from supplements (and some from green veggies), I think that's reason enough to avoid diet sodas. Note that i say all... including those that are sweetened with Splenda.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 06-04-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 293/248/199

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsGirl View Post
Question.... (I start Monday)

Can I put the 2 cups of veggies in chicken broth without slowing results?

Yes, thats completely fine! And the soups taste better that way
Old 06-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #409  

I have been looking for Splenda flavored drinks, I can not find any. Chrystal Light has aspertame. I purchased the MIO flavorings. They are awesome but I feel I am cheating because they taste so good.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #410  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
Thank you for the information. The support, suggestions and information are wonderful. The coach has about 10 minutes and doesn't seem to have the information you all do. 3 weeks and down 16 1/2 pounds. That's with a cheat day. The information you "experienced" IP folks share is invaluable. Thanks again! Jean
Wow, congrats on such a wonderful job! I have been on the program for 3 weeks and am only 8 lbs down. What is your number one advice that has helped you be so successful??
Old 06-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #411  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnag View Post
For newbies and oldies alike... My husband and I have been on IP for 6 weeks (as of tomorrow). Because we own a business and get home later, we have been doing salads at work (taking bagged sweet butter lettuce, sliced mushrooms, cucumbers, dill pickles and WF salad dressings). It tends to take quite awhile to chop everything up, so this afternoon, while Michael was watching the golf tourneys (through closed eyelids), I chopped, sliced and diced every veggie I bought (zucchini, green onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, cucumbers and turnips). All have been separated into neat little flat rectangular 2-cup plastic containers. Yesterday, Michael slow-grilled enough boneless, skinless chicken breast and Jenny-O turkey tenderloins to serve both of us a five oz portion for 10 meals! Now all I have to do is scoop out the amount of whatever veggie I want to cook (or put in my salad) and chomp away. It makes me feel so motivated!
Wow, thanks for the wonderful idea. I know it is easier when you are organized and not as likely to just grab & go (or skip all together).
Old 06-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #412  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
I, too, get tired of the same veggies and recipes. But I developed a new one that you might want to try. This feeds 2 people. Boil cabbage leaves until they are limp. Drain and set aside. Brown 10 oz. ground turkey in 2 TB EVOO, add chopped mushrooms and green onions. Season meat with your favorite Mrs. Dash, sea salt and pepper. Put one large spoonful in the middle of cabbage leaf and roll it like a burrito. Place your cabbage rolls in a baking dish. Pour one small package of fat-free chicken broth over the rolls, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 min. at 350 degrees. It's delicious and different!
I've also added leftover steamed veggies to the meat mix (cauliflower, radishes, broccoli) just to get a different flavor and texture.
Yum! sounds awesome! Reminds me of cabbage rolls my mom use to make
ps... I am from Kansas also!!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #413  

S/C/G: S:222/C:195/G:135

Height: 5'3"

I wanted to thank everyone who has posted ideas, recipes and such on this site!!! I am starting week 3 and was starting to worry about how I was going to mix things up. I am going to try the Big Mac saled this week and my boyfriend thinks it sounds so good that he wants to try it! This support group is wonderful!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #414  

S/C/G: 268/254/160

I really appreciate all of these tips! I'm a few days into my third week and feeling good. I love it!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #415  
Ideal Protein Dieter

S/C/G: 229/129

Height: 5'4

Hey,
I have some concerns about my LACK of weigh loss. I weigh very differently at home than I do in the clinic. But, the scale at home today showed a 5 pound weight gain, NOT the loss I expected. I started Ideal Protein on May 24th, 2011. I go back to the office to be weighed in again for my next appointment on Monday, June 13, 2011. I dont know what I am doing wrong.
Any ideas??
Thanks,
Karen
RainyDayGirl007
Old 06-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #416  

Default drinks

I went to an info session the other night and they said 1 cup of coffee a day and that is it--no decaf etc -nothing other then the 1 cup? I thought it was strange- and thoughts-
Old 06-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 249/236.5/155

Height: 5'6"

Smile Woot!!!!

Well y'all, 12 days in and 1st weigh in --- 6 1/4 lbs and total of 12 inches lost!!!!
How bout dem apples????
Old 06-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #418  

Height: 5'3"

I am not starting IP until next Thursday but I have a few questions. Are we only allowed coffee once a day? Can I have tea? Spray butter? Also any suggestions for how to curb hunger between lunch and dinner. I always have a snack in the afternoon and I am nervous bc I won't be able to have one. AHH!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #419  

S/C/G: 249/236.5/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykitty1126 View Post
I am not starting IP until next Thursday but I have a few questions. Are we only allowed coffee once a day? Can I have tea? Spray butter? Also any suggestions for how to curb hunger between lunch and dinner. I always have a snack in the afternoon and I am nervous bc I won't be able to have one. AHH!
abbykitty;

First, welcome and congrats on making the commitment to yourself. Now take a deep breath and know that you are going to do great on this diet. Yes to coffee in the morning. Yes to unsweetened tea. Spray butter flavoring -- don't know. I can tell you at day 13 into my "quest" I have had only 1 time when I was hungry and it wasn't even horribly hungry. In fact it was the FIRST time I have actually felt HUNGER in a long time. Much of what you perceive as hunger is actually thirst, and you will find that since you drink so much water on this diet, hunger will be a rare occurrence.

The first few days may be a little rough but it varies from person to person. I was very tired and had a couple of headaches within the first 4 days. By day 4 in general I felt much better and have felt great since. The energy level is wonderful and I sleep better now than I have slept in ages.

I had my first weigh in yesterday and at 12 days --- 6 1/4 lbs. totall of 12 inches lost. Not too shabby!!!

Good luck and keep checkin' in. We are all rooting for you!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #420  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfishmonica View Post
Well y'all, 12 days in and 1st weigh in --- 6 1/4 lbs and total of 12 inches lost!!!!
How bout dem apples????
Great job!!! loosing weight is much better than eating apples!! LOL
Closed Thread