Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #241  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
Hi Everyone,
This is my first week on IP...day two to be exact. My fiance and I are on the program together, which is great because I don't think I could do it alone. We started making modifications to our diet last week, which has helped ease us into the protocol. Unfortunately I'm already bored with lettuce, and am running out of ideas for veggies (not that many on the allowed list that we like). But I've found a lot of suggestions and recipes here, so I know we can do it. Plus I just keep reminding myself how awesome I'm going to look in my wedding gown in September

Hi Puddleduck and welcome to these forums!
I am beginning week #2 today, so I am not too far ahead of you.
These forums are priceless, so be sure to check in often for food ideas, and encouragement!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #242  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
♥ IP Food Variety!

Getting sick of having the same old IP Foods? I know I was...I lived off the puddings for three months straight. I got brave and tried a couple of new packages recenlty... I had the cereal for the first time the other day and it's not too bad when you make it with ice cold water! Today I'm going to try the blueberry pom drink (gotta get that collagen in right!). So try something new on IP because A) your taste buds change on after a while on the diet and B) variety helps with success.
HI Jordanna! Thanks for sharing the great tips! I am from Alberta too (Calgary)...your pics are great inspiration! Great work sista!
Old 03-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 175/159/125

So I am into week four and am happy with my progress, but like many of you, my coach is good, but lacking answers to specific questions. I asked her why I can have splenda, but not aspartame. Her response was "well, i'm sure there is a study out there that says you lose more with one vs. the other." not so helpful....
Old 03-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #244  

This is my first day on IP. I have a question- I'm full after a meal but starving in-between. If I can have unlimited lettuce, can I have it b/w lunch and dinner? Or do I have to eat three "meals" and a snack, as opposed to a few small "meals" of lettuce/salad?
Old 03-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 320/396/175

Height: 5'8"

This forum is amazing !! I go for my first weigh in tomorrow and Im scared SH!TLESS ! The first week was hard, and I did cheat, I feel so guilty for doing it, I had a dream I gained 15lbs from my cheat :S

What are your tips to keep motivated ??
Old 03-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #246  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylaw2000 View Post
This is my first day on IP. I have a question- I'm full after a meal but starving in-between. If I can have unlimited lettuce, can I have it b/w lunch and dinner? Or do I have to eat three "meals" and a snack, as opposed to a few small "meals" of lettuce/salad?
I eat the required allotments through out the day. For Example Breakfast shake at 8:00am, Lettuce and 1 Cup of Veggies at 1:00pm, Lunch Shake at 3:00pm, Dinner at 6:00 with 3 cups of veggies, protein and lettuce, Snack at 8:30 pm. I use Hot herbal Tea to tide me over.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 283/241/133

Height: 5' 3"

Default Aspartame

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbugg View Post
So I am into week four and am happy with my progress, but like many of you, my coach is good, but lacking answers to specific questions. I asked her why I can have splenda, but not aspartame. Her response was "well, i'm sure there is a study out there that says you lose more with one vs. the other." not so helpful....
It's not about the weight loss, but about the effects of aspartame on the body. Google "aspartame side effects" or "aspartame poisoning" and see what comes up. I initially heard about it on the radio, and then started looking into it further. I was a big diet soda drinker before I read about it! Haven't had any since!!

Sherilyn
Old 03-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 180/157/125

Height: 5'7"

Hi, I've been on IP for over 4 weeks. My coach is not really happy with my weight lost. I'm loosing 1-2 lbs a week and she said I should be loosing more. I'm following the everything. She's discuraging me a little. I'm not sure if I should stay on the diet on just eat less and healthier ... It's getting really expensive for me and result are not there... Is there anything I should do ? Cleanse?
Old 03-24-2011, 01:11 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone, wonder if you can help? I just read the thread regarding hair loss, it is just freaking me out! Is this what we are to expect from this diet? I am doing really well on the diet, feel great but am really worried about the hair loss. I haven't noticed anything yet, only my 2nd week. Some reassurances, please!!!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 142.6/137.0/120

Height: 5ft

Hi everyone...I just started IP...done with the 2nd day actually. I am doing ok but a few questions..when it comes to tea...is that only black tea or any tea?? and any tips on getting in all the water...I feel like I am drinking so much but it still isn't what is required...I love this site...so much encouraging words to read and so much inspiration!!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #251  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by calival View Post
Hi everyone, wonder if you can help? I just read the thread regarding hair loss, it is just freaking me out! Is this what we are to expect from this diet? I am doing really well on the diet, feel great but am really worried about the hair loss. I haven't noticed anything yet, only my 2nd week. Some reassurances, please!!!!!
This is something that consumes my thoughts too! I went through a "shedding" about 4 years ago. I thought I was going to go bald, and the mental anguish was horrid!! I NEVER want to go through that again.
When I went to the dermatologist, one of the things he asked me was if I had recently lost weight, so that tells me that it is common to lose hair when losing weight.
I am taking Super Biotin which I got from the supermarket. I am also planning to visit the health food store and pick up Inositol. My fingers are crossed that these two together will save my hair from falling out.

HAS ANYONE BEEN ON IP FOR MORE THAN 3-4 MONTHS AND NOT EXPERIENCED HAIR LOSS??
I need some hope here!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 185.6/176.3/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Day 1

Hello Everyone - I just started Day 1 of the IP diet and I am super excited! Thanks for all of the great tips and encouragement.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #253  
Started IP 2/15/11

S/C/G: 328/265/180

Height: 5' 9.5"

I had the same problem. It has gotten some better since I tried Citrucel Pills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatHerder View Post
I am 10 days in, not hungry but experiencing bad constipation. I've tried drinking more water, taking a stool softener, and upping my vegys. Any ideas?

Old 03-27-2011, 01:27 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 176/158/135

Height: 5'4"

Question weight loss ticker

where do you find the weight loss ticker that most poster have. It is pretty neat would like to have one on my profile.
Thanks
Old 03-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #255  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Nonnie View Post
where do you find the weight loss ticker that most poster have. It is pretty neat would like to have one on my profile.
Thanks
you hav to have a certain number of posts and have been a member for a certain number of days. i think if you read the first post of the daily thread (weekend thread right now0), EatAnts explains it.

Welcome!
Closed Thread