Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #196  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Kate View Post
Seems to be some confusion - I was told my counsellor that Splenda is not allowed only Stevia as a sweetner? It is only carried by a couple of stores here and is very expensive compared to Splenda? Any thoughts from anyone?
Not to second guess your coach but...most of the sweet IP packets have Sucralose as an ingredient and Splenda is just a brand name for sucralose so I am not sure why your coach would tell you not to use splenda? Is he/she afraid of adding additional sucralose to your diet beyond what is in the IP packets? Stevia is natural so perhaps that is why your coach is suggesting it... perhaps you could ask the reasoning behind his/her suggestion and then share it here with us?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
It's a milk concentrate powder with dehydrated berries. So it *is* dairy, but it's not yogurt like you'd buy in a grocery store. It's more like a berry shake than yogurt.
i just thought i heard (read) it has 14 carbs. thats alot isn't it? i think i'd pick a lower carb pack if it were me.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #198  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
i just thought i heard (read) it has 14 carbs. thats alot isn't it? i think i'd pick a lower carb pack if it were me.
oh goodness no! 14 carbs would make it a restricted item. i am looking at my box of wildberry yogurt now and it has 4g carbs (regular and net, no dietary fiber), 2g of sugar and 18g of protein. if you haven't tried it yet, i definitely recommend it. it is one of my favorites, and is great as another breakfast option (sometimes omelet, cappuccino, omelet, cappuccino gets boring!).

Last edited by longdivision; 02-20-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
oh goodness no! 14 carbs would make it a restricted item. i am looking at my box of wildberry yogurt now and it has 4g carbs (regular and net, no dietary fiber), 2g of sugar and 18g of protein. if you haven't tried it yet, i definitely recommend it. it is one of my favorites, and is great as another breakfast option (sometimes omelet, cappuccino, omelet, cappuccino gets boring!).
longdivision- i copied and pasted this from the daily chat thread.... see below. knew i saw that somewhere... sorry for any confusion, but i guess just check the labels to make sure no changes.

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl View Post
Speaking of carb counts. When I got my list of restricted/unstricted IP products, I went thru and listed next to each item the carb count and the calories. I just thought it was really good info to have, and I'm really glad I took the time to do it. But the info that I got off of the Ideal to go website was the Wildberry Yogurt Drink has 14 carbs in it. wth? Could that be a mistake? Thats more carbs then some of the restricted items.

then answered by svelting.....
There has been a discrepancy between the Canadian Wildberry Yogurt drink and the US one. The Cdn version has had 14 carbs for at least the last year; until recently the US one had significantly fewer carb grams, 2 I think. As they transition to the higher carb product in the US, check the box you're getting your product from. We went through a formulation change increasing carbs in the chocolate pudding in September.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 173/162/140

Height: 5'5"

I started IP at the beginning of February and go for my 3-week weigh-in tomorrow. I am doing well, but it is drudgery!!! One thing I have found that I like is sauteing portebella mushroom and spinach in a little olive oil and then pouring in the omelet mix. That is a satisfying meal!

My question is....Have most of you continued to lose weight at a good rate (3 lbs or more per week) even after week three? Does a plateau come?
Old 02-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 173/162/140

How does Muscle Milk Light compare as a substitute for a prepared shake? Nutritionally, it looks pretty even, but I guess I'm a little superstitious. Has anyone used it with success?
Old 02-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #202  
Started IP Feb 4,2011

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit by Fifty View Post
How does Muscle Milk Light compare as a substitute for a prepared shake? Nutritionally, it looks pretty even, but I guess I'm a little superstitious. Has anyone used it with success?
I've only been doing IP for a short time (on my own). I drink 3 Muscle Milk shakes a day in place of IP packets and am doing great so far. There are so many different versions of Muscle Milk. I think mine is called Muscle Milk Protein (chocolate shake flavor) powder and each serving has 130 calories and 26g protein. I was about to order some amino acid supplements on the web but after taking a closer look at the shake mix, it appears to have the same substance that the amino acid pills are derived from.

Last edited by HokieHi; 02-21-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #203  

Quote:
My question is....Have most of you continued to lose weight at a good rate (3 lbs or more per week) even after week three? Does a plateau come?
Great question! I can only answer for myself. I lost 3.5 lbs/week on average for 10 weeks. I have a problem with sweet things and couldn't have just one IP bar a day. So, once the bars' sweetness hooked me and I didn't stop my over-consumption, I averaged a loss of 2 lbs/week.

A lot depends on how much you have to lose, your age, your underlying health conditions. The less you have to lose, the slower you'll lose. Often, the older you are, the slower you'll lose. If you have endocrine issues (thyroid, adrenal, etc.) or numerous other health concerns, you'll lose less than the average.

Quote:
A couple of answers have been posted in the IP Alternatives Thread

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 02-21-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 169/162.4/135

Linden, I had not heard that info about calcium interfering with thyroid Meds. Thank you so much for that tidbit!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 185/155/155

Height: 5.6"

Quote:
I started IP at the beginning of February and go for my 3-week weigh-in tomorrow. I am doing well, but it is drudgery!!! One thing I have found that I like is sauteing portebella mushroom and spinach in a little olive oil and then pouring in the omelet mix. That is a satisfying meal!

I asked about this Plateau last night at my WI, but my coach basically said if you lose every week, either inches and or weight, then everything is positive.
i figure a couple of pounds a week is better than were i was before IP which was 0 pounds a week! geez i struggled with no program to stick too.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #206  
started IP: Jan 24th 2011

S/C/G: 195/173/125

Height: 5'2"

What a wonderful wealth of information!

Thank you! Your experience and knowledge will help me greatly...

I've only been doing this for 1 month, and am already looking for tips & tricks to make meal time yummier and the process easier.

I went to a restaurant with friends yesterday for the 1st time since I began IP and it was tough! I tried making the best choices possible but it was torture smelling everyone else's french fries, pizza, fresh bread... Torture!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5'1"

[QUOTE=Ginger Lily;3733226]What a wonderful wealth of information!

Thank you! Your experience and knowledge will help me greatly...

I've only been doing this for 1 month, and am already looking for tips & tricks to make meal time yummier and the process easier.

I went to a restaurant with friends yesterday for the 1st time since I began IP and it was tough! I tried making the best choices possible but it was torture smelling everyone else's french fries, pizza, fresh bread... Torture!

It does get easier. Our daughter wanted to take us to our favorite family burger and fry place, we went, I drank a RTD choc drink before I went, and had a glass water w lemon while there. I also ate their dill pickles. But I was like pavlovs dog, salivating when the goods first came out. Fortunately I was over it in less than 2 minutes. i knew I had a steak to go home to. Visualization of success getting through an event like that and planning are the two best aides I have found to use.
When I falter, and I have, I have been able to substitute another protein or extra IP product to get through the falter.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #208  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
When I falter, and I have, I have been able to substitute another protein or extra IP product to get through the falter.
Aw, falter. People have been looking high and low for a word to substitute for cheat. Falter is so friendly.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #209  
started IP: Jan 24th 2011

S/C/G: 195/173/125

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Thumper! Your message really helped. I have been feeling so good since joining 3FC - it is very encouraging to see everyone in the same struggle, yet managing and not only managing, but succeeding! Thank you!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 178/178/150

Height: 5ft

Default Day 3

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Today was my 3rd day on the IP diet. I have had such bad cravings for pasta, and particularly alfredo sauce. I was hoping that I can get some tips and tricks from those who are more experienced with this diet. It seems like I am never satisfied. How long did it take all of you to over come these cravings? I am really feeling like at this rate, the diet is going to do nothing for me because I am going to be miserable!

Help me PLEASE!!
Closed Thread