Old 06-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #1  

Default Hurt and Confused-Issue Resolved with Coach

Hello Everyone

I'm sorta at a loss for words right now..

I just had a Phone Conversation with my Coach and they were less than Supportive to me, Actually Down right Rude to me..

I have been Following the Protocol right to the "T" and only had the One bad day where I Drank a extra RTA Chocolate Drink. They Said: "Drinking that Extra Shake was Just like eating a Candy Bar and if I did not Follow the Protocol I will not lose weight"..

Tomorrow is my Weight in and I really don't want to go...

I'm really thinking about just stopping and going with the Alternative Food's and order them Online..

This is only my 4th day on IP and I refuse to be treated like that from a Coach..

Heck I was afraid to tell her I was putting a Lemon Slice in my Water...

Last edited by cathomp31; 06-29-2012 at 08:01 PM.
cathomp31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 404/376/195

Height: 5' 4"

There are a lot of places offering the IP program. I would not be treated like that. Sometimes people forget we are the customer and should be at least treated with respect. I know this program is tough in that you must follow it to the letter, but having an extra shake is no where near like having a candy bar in my opinion. I would either ask for another coach, find another provider, or try the alternate products being sold all over the internet. I certainly would not allow anyone to treat me badly when losing weight is so hard anyway.
sherrymorss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Tell her your feelings, she has to learn how to respond to you and support you....perhaps that 'hard nut' attitude has worked on one of her dieters in the past?

I say give her another chance and express how she made you feel and make your decision at a later time.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #4  
First Day IP 31 May 2012

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4"

I am so sorry that your coach was so unsupportive to you. I've been struggling with my coach also so can empathize. Do you have another coach available to you? If so, I'd try a different coach. I don't have another available so I am also considering alternatives.

That extra RTD had 4 more carbs, 15 protein, and only 100 calories. I don't know what candy she eats that equals that amount, but I'd sure like to find it.
GrandmaKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Go to your weigh in. Maybe your coach has a bad phone personality. See how the weigh in goes...
Is there more than one coach at your clinic? If do, switch!
Otherwise let you coach know you are trying your best and need her for guidance. Maybe she will respond better to a plea for help.

Good luck. I think alternatives are fine, but the structure and accountability of a coach is also important.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

Bizarre. All of the coaches I have met have been extremely supportive and understanding.
Thorfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #7  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaKiss View Post
I am so sorry that your coach was so unsupportive to you. I've been struggling with my coach also so can empathize. Do you have another coach available to you? If so, I'd try a different coach. I don't have another available so I am also considering alternatives.

That extra RTD had 4 more carbs, 15 protein, and only 100 calories. I don't know what candy she eats that equals that amount, but I'd sure like to find it.
That's exactly what I was thinking. LOL. Even the IP Protein bars don't fit.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #8  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Having another RTD shake is NOT the same as a candy bar. I don't know where she got her information. Its better to have an IP product than having that candy bar. Don't let her discourage you. This is YOUR journey NOT her's. Tell her your feelings and let her know that you need to have support and not be belittled. You are an adult and should be spoken to as one. I have been my own support through my journey, my coach was there but not really there. I could call her if i needed to ask a question but she had someone come weigh and measure us. Now its ME who will weigh and measure everyone. If you have questions please ask, we will be here for you...WE ALL will help you whichever you choose to do.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #9  

Thank You Everyone..
I calmed down and I will go in for the Weigh in tomorrow..
Old 06-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Having another RTD shake is NOT the same as a candy bar. I don't know where she got her information. Its better to have an IP product than having that candy bar. Don't let her discourage you. This is YOUR journey NOT her's. Tell her your feelings and let her know that you need to have support and not be belittled. You are an adult and should be spoken to as one. I have been my own support through my journey, my coach was there but not really there. I could call her if i needed to ask a question but she had someone come weigh and measure us. Now its ME who will weigh and measure everyone. If you have questions please ask, we will be here for you...WE ALL will help you whichever you choose to do.
Thank You..
I was going to send you a message but I guess I'm to new to do that..
Old 06-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #11  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Second this!! You made a great choice when you had the extra RTD, good for you. This is all about making choices and changes some are easy others are extremely hard. We must celebrate the big and small. So for staying the on plan. (ps.....this is what you should have heard from your coach)
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 273/255/175

Height: 5'7"

Going on my fourth week on the program and I have yet to meet the "coach" at my clinic. So here is my experience, no hours posted on Facebook, but there is an email - so I email and ask for an appointment - no response ever to the email. So I stop by the clinic on a Friday, not open. Only open Tues and Thurs from 9-5 and Sat 9-11. Ok I go in on Saturday. Some high school girl who didn't know anything weighed me and handed me a 10 day sampler pack - pay and on my way. I make an appointment for the upcoming Thursday with the coach (or so I thought). Coach leaves me a voicemail on Tuesday introducing herself, that was nice and my only interaction with her. I didn't call her back on Tuesday because I figured I would see her Thursday. Thursday rolls around and the same high school girl is there, not the coach. Oh turns out the coach is only there 9-11 Tues and Thurs. WHAT! Four hours a week of availability! Ok - I am having some health problems (like unexpected TOM) really want to see the coach. Take time off of work for the following Thursday 9:00 sharp. Coach no shows me, sends her mom instead- who is not a coach.

Whenever I read the word "coach" on this forum I laugh. Seriously my clinic is a joke. I honestly think the only reason she is doing this is for the money. Very discouraging. Sorry for my rant/vent.
anitamarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #13  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitamarlene View Post
Going on my fourth week on the program and I have yet to meet the "coach" at my clinic. So here is my experience, no hours posted on Facebook, but there is an email - so I email and ask for an appointment - no response ever to the email. So I stop by the clinic on a Friday, not open. Only open Tues and Thurs from 9-5 and Sat 9-11. Ok I go in on Saturday. Some high school girl who didn't know anything weighed me and handed me a 10 day sampler pack - pay and on my way. I make an appointment for the upcoming Thursday with the coach (or so I thought). Coach leaves me a voicemail on Tuesday introducing herself, that was nice and my only interaction with her. I didn't call her back on Tuesday because I figured I would see her Thursday. Thursday rolls around and the same high school girl is there, not the coach. Oh turns out the coach is only there 9-11 Tues and Thurs. WHAT! Four hours a week of availability! Ok - I am having some health problems (like unexpected TOM) really want to see the coach. Take time off of work for the following Thursday 9:00 sharp. Coach no shows me, sends her mom instead- who is not a coach.

Whenever I read the word "coach" on this forum I laugh. Seriously my clinic is a joke. I honestly think the only reason she is doing this is for the money. Very discouraging. Sorry for my rant/vent.
Wow. I'd be seeing RED, doesn't even show up and sends her mom?! WTF... What did her mom even do?.... I'd stick with alternatives and go for support here. I'm sorry you had to experience that kinda bull.

ETA: seriously, this pisses me off. I'm not even on IP but you're paying for products AND coaching. She's not even doing it. I'd contact someone in charge of the clinic or something if possible. If anything, you should be having at least HALF of their experiences.!

Last edited by amandie; 06-27-2012 at 06:00 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #14  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Sorry about the miss post! An extra drink is nothing to worry about. You did what you should have done and had an extra IP item and not something off OP!

Last edited by usmcvet; 06-27-2012 at 07:21 PM.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #15  
Results>Reasons

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Tell her your feelings, she has to learn how to respond to you and support you....perhaps that 'hard nut' attitude has worked on one of her dieters in the past?

I say give her another chance and express how she made you feel and make your decision at a later time.
I agree with this. I personally love coaches that literally rip me a new one to get me going. That works on me, but I do understand that everyone is different. My personal trainer, years ago, was nice and personable (kind of like your hair stylist would be) and I hated it. My basketball coach in highschool, however, would call my dad if I missed class, didn't mind him, etc. etc...and I was a great athlete because of it. Now if only I still had his number....

Last edited by AriesNV; 06-27-2012 at 07:12 PM.
AriesNV is offline   Reply With Quote