Old 06-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #1  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Traveling to my parents for a few days...

...to go to my mother's funeral, that is. It happened a few days ago, so I'm past the worst of it at least until the actual services which I know will be tough.

I'm going off protocol somewhat. Doesn't mean I'll be cramming donuts and cupcakes down my pie hole though. I'm just accepting that it's too weird for days on end to be saying no to this or that placed on the table wherever we're at. Good thing is most of my relatives are diabetic, so it's not like anyone is going to be throwing big boxes of danishes and big heaping bowls of mashed potatoes on the table expecting everyone to happily dig in. And I'm planning to get a 4 pack of protein shakes at the local Walmart when we get there for my breakfasts if it turns out that the hotel's idea of breakfast is sweet fluffy carbs with coffee. My idea of off plan is mostly allowing myself to eat cheese, eat fried chicken strips, but not going after french fries, soda pop, etc.. Exception to that is I'll be making my dad a cherry pie sweetened with stevia. His favorite pie in the whole world is cherry pie and now he has no one to make it for him. And it would look strange for me to fix it and not have a tiny sliver myself.

I'm really proud of the fact that I've lost 20 lbs so far. I guess I'm just seeking some sympathetic approval of my decision to go a little off plan for the next few days.
ferrousgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #2  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I am so sorry for your loss, I pray for you and your family. I think your plan sounds perfect, particularly given the circumstances. You have done incredible so far and I know the best is yet to come with your journey.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #3  
Just keep swimming!

Thanks Liz. I love your avatar, you are looking smoking!
Old 06-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #4  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's totally understandable that this is a very difficult time for you. Just do the best you can do plan-wise. IMO no one could expect more from you. You've done very well so far, and I expect you'll be back on track as soon as it's workable for you. Take comfort in being with your family.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #5  
Just keep swimming!

I made it back a week ago and was really surprised to step on the scale and have lost 2 more lbs. But absolutely nothing since. I seem to fluctuate now each day between 194 and 197. GRRRR.

I'm also finding it hard to get my head back in the game here. My mom died just completely out of the blue, so it makes me feel like saying "What's the point?" I brought this up with my DH and he says the predictable thing that I'm doing this for my health of course. It's true, it's just hard for that to be enough though. I was looking forward to getting my weight back down and then seeing my mom at some point... Ugh.

Sorry to be a downer tonight.