Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #61  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitfat View Post
Does anyone know how atkins endulge chocolate coconut bars compare to the IP bars? I know longer have the box and IP doesn't print info on the packages.
You can find out all the nutritional values on IP foods by going here:
http://www.idealtogo.com/idealproducts.taf

You can just click on the IP food you are interested in and a window will open with the nutritional info.
I right clicked on the window after it was opened, then selected "print picture" to print a copy of the Nutrition Facts.
Then you can compare with other products.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #62  

Height: 5' 7"

Can this get a sticky to keep it up top?please?
Old 03-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 179.2/150.2/145

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingshouts View Post
Can anyone explain to me what the different highlighted areas on the spreadsheets mean??
You may have already figured it out, but the highlighted fields are "restricted" food items and the other are "unrestricted"- IP protocol lingo
Old 03-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
I have only used the alternative sites (Lindora, Nashua, Doctor's Best) and have lost 60 lbs.

Do research though...You can't just order whatever from these sites. You need to compare to IP and make informed decisions. For example, I prefer Lindora's Mint Hot Choc to Doctor's Best (yuck) and Lindora's is lower in carbs and calories (if I remember correctly).

Please check out the link below...this is a spreadsheet a LOT of us put together so you could compare the various products!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...vdXAza3c&hl=en
I am sooo interested in this spreadsheet but it wont let me open it! It says I dont have access to this file when I click on it. Can you help? Thanks!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat101 View Post
I am sooo interested in this spreadsheet but it wont let me open it! It says I dont have access to this file when I click on it. Can you help? Thanks!!!
I can't open it either.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #66  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

See if this link works....this is one that was put together by someone comparing IP, Lindora....etc.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CMr939oK#gid=0
Old 03-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #67  

Question i like it...what supplements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah30 View Post
I also use the EAS shakes exclusively now and my weight loss really hasn't slowed one bit. I love all the flavors, vanilla, strawberry and chocolate fudge are my favs. I also use my own supplements now that pretty much are 'ideal' when compared to the IP ones and I take an omega3 twice a day. :-) I also have my last shake two hours before bed and not as a snack in between meals. I seem to cheat on the IP diets rules (not a cheat in my eyes though) and I have a wedge of light Laughing Cow cheese on 3 flax seed crackers before I go to bed and It has never knocked me out of ketosis. (the crackers have no sugar and 1 carb for 3 crackers) yummo! :-)

oh.. .and I don't eat ANY restricted veggies. I'm just one of those people who sticks with one thing for a long period of time...so it's alot of mushrooms, squash, bell peppers, baby cucumbers, celery and banana peppers to add some umpf to my salads. :-)
Yes, I love, love laughing cow and I miss it so much! What type of flax seed crackers do you use? nutritional info? Also, I'd like to also know which supplements you're using too. My coach is very "strict" about using only IP supplements. Thank you!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #68  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceymr View Post
Yes, I love, love laughing cow and I miss it so much! What type of flax seed crackers do you use? nutritional info? Also, I'd like to also know which supplements you're using too. My coach is very "strict" about using only IP supplements. Thank you!!!
I too am looking for a replacement for the Potassium Calcium supplement from IP, I have found replacements for the other 2 just not this one.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #69  

Cool Ketosis

I started IP in Jan. and almost immediately lost 20 lbs. I then got tired of paying the high prices so switched my drinks to EAS - that's about the time I started using Ketostix - I'm wondering if the reason I am never beyond the "Trace" color on the test strip. Should I be further into ketosis?
Old 03-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #70  

S/C/G: S205/G145-150

Height: 5'9" **started 2/17/11**

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
I too am looking for a replacement for the Potassium Calcium supplement from IP, I have found replacements for the other 2 just not this one.

Thanks
Can you share with us the names/brand names of those replacements? I'm trying to figure out how to get a hold of replacements, too. Thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Sam's sells the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes. I am thinking they only come in the chocolate fudge flavor, that may be becuase IMHO the vanilla is so gross I try to erase it from my memory..hehe. They also sell it in the powder form, 70 servings for $27, same price as the RTD at 24 packs. I get the RTD as I am a sleepy head who has to hit the ground running.
My husband says his nutritionist said EAS has high levels of arsenic and other metals. He doesn't want me to use them but they are yummy. BTW, how far into ketosis should we be? I'm using ketostix but they always show just a trace amount --- I wonder if it has to do with the EAS drinks. I started testing after I started using EAS so I just don't know.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #72  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitfat View Post
My husband says his nutritionist said EAS has high levels of arsenic and other metals. He doesn't want me to use them but they are yummy. BTW, how far into ketosis should we be? I'm using ketostix but they always show just a trace amount --- I wonder if it has to do with the EAS drinks. I started testing after I started using EAS so I just don't know.

As long as the sticks are measuring some amount, that is just fine. Being darker in color or lighter really means nothing in terms of "level" of ketosis. If they are darker, you should probably drink a bit more water as you are dehydrated. As long as you are getting a reading, you are fine.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 169/162.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
I have only used the alternative sites (Lindora, Nashua, Doctor's Best) and have lost 60 lbs.

Do research though...You can't just order whatever from these sites. You need to compare to IP and make informed decisions. For example, I prefer Lindora's Mint Hot Choc to Doctor's Best (yuck) and Lindora's is lower in carbs and calories (if I remember correctly).

Please check out the link below...this is a spreadsheet a LOT of us put together so you could compare the various products!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...vdXAza3c&hl=en
I had just discovered the Nashua site. Did you like their products, if so, which ones? Better than Lindora?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:22 AM   #74  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2benow View Post
I had just discovered the Nashua site. Did you like their products, if so, which ones? Better than Lindora?
I LOVE Lindora's Mint Hot Chocolate...and nothing on Nashua compares. However, there is more in the way of selection at Nashua. From Lindora I order:
Chix Noodle Soup, Mint Hot Choc, Choc Pudding/Drink, Double Choc Pudding and Rasp Hot Choc...everything else is fairly comparable at Nashua so I get bars, puffs, etc there.

I order mostly from Proti Thin and Proti Diet....but I try to make sure they compare to IP products (using that Google spreadsheet). My favs from Nashua (Of course most are restricted!!!!!!!):
Proti Diet- Honey Nut Soy, Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal, Peanut Surprise Bars
Proti Thin- Chocolate Decadence Bars, the Wafer Squares, Chili Lime Puffs, Choc Puffs, and Soy Nuts (for crunch on your salad!)
Old 03-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #75  
i love weight loss

S/C/G: 370/261.4/180

Height: 5'5

i can't get any of the spread sheets to open. ;(
Closed Thread