3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Alternative Products that work in PHASE 1

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #46
aka, Rosie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 86

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Rosie, that's exactly what happened to me. Other not so nice words ensued and I am now flying solo. I've been on the program 14 weeks now so I think I was ready for it. It's been one week and I have to tell you, I was absolutely THRILLED to not have to go to my coach's office and weigh in this morning. It was great and I don't regret my decision one bit. Not sure if I would've said this a month or even six weeks into the program, but I am much happier now. I mainly use Pure Protein but also have EAS and IP products on hand.
Thanks for the reply nitenic. I think I will just have to tell my coach I got a bunch of free product from a former IPer, so I'm cutting down a box for a while.
6710 is offline  
Old 02-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #47
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 1

S/C/G: 154/149/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Default

I just started for my second time on IP. The first time worked great! I loved the results but then went PT at work and the cost deterred me. THen I jsut got crazy and at whenever and whatever...yeah, that doesn't work so well! I started back 2 weeks ago. I still find it hard to pay the cost and have often wondered if you couldn't find a happy medium between Atkins and IP. However after reading the posts and googled the both, I still beleive that the IP approach and schedule of phases is best. I found this thread very helpful in saving money while still following the "plan". I have a 21 year old daughter who would love to do it too but can't afford the IP "food" either. I think we are going to try the EAS alternative. I do like the tested cheat of the laughing cow cheese on flax seed crackers. My weakness is not sweets but cheese so that may just be what I need. Thanks for all of the great advice! I hope to find motivation here daily from now on! great job everyone! What an awesome decision to get healthy and then look good in the process!
1rbeth is offline  
Old 02-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #48
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 32

S/C/G: 207/184/160

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rbeth View Post
I just started for my second time on IP. The first time worked great! I loved the results but then went PT at work and the cost deterred me. THen I jsut got crazy and at whenever and whatever...yeah, that doesn't work so well! I started back 2 weeks ago. I still find it hard to pay the cost and have often wondered if you couldn't find a happy medium between Atkins and IP. However after reading the posts and googled the both, I still beleive that the IP approach and schedule of phases is best. I found this thread very helpful in saving money while still following the "plan". I have a 21 year old daughter who would love to do it too but can't afford the IP "food" either. I think we are going to try the EAS alternative. I do like the tested cheat of the laughing cow cheese on flax seed crackers. My weakness is not sweets but cheese so that may just be what I need. Thanks for all of the great advice! I hope to find motivation here daily from now on! great job everyone! What an awesome decision to get healthy and then look good in the process!
I have done lots of research into the alternatives. It was making me crazy spending so much on IP. I have started using some of the Protidiet products from Diet Direct.com. I puddings, soups and eggs are petty close to IP in ingredients and taste great! I have added the chocolate and caramel cereal bars also!!
__________________
lase88 is offline  
Old 02-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #49
CBG
Senior Member
 
CBG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Leduc, Alberta
Posts: 210

S/C/G: 196/163/160

Height: 5'6"

Default

Lord knows I'm as subversive as anyone, maybe more so because I actively work at it. But something I learned early on is that you simply cannot succeed at breaking the rules unless you understand them. That way you can use the reasoning behind the rule to your own benefit.



Love your wording on this paragraph on breaking rules...I live by that and it works so well for me!
__________________
CBG is offline  
Old 02-19-2011, 11:31 AM   #50
Re-started IP 9.7.11
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 2,592

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBG View Post
Lord knows I'm as subversive as anyone, maybe more so because I actively work at it. But something I learned early on is that you simply cannot succeed at breaking the rules unless you understand them. That way you can use the reasoning behind the rule to your own benefit.



Love your wording on this paragraph on breaking rules...I live by that and it works so well for me!
I read the quote without seeing what you said and thought Gee, I could have said that. Duh.
__________________

Last edited by Linden : 02-19-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Linden is offline  
Old 02-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #51
Newbie 2/9/2011
 
45nFluffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19

S/C/G: 158/153/125

Height: 5'

Default

Can eggbeaters be used instead of the IP omlette stuff?
45nFluffy is offline  
Old 03-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Figgypudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 142

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Default Lindora

Has anyone tried adding the lindora products to the ip plan AND noticed any negative effects like lack of weight loss or stalling? I've compared the ingredients lists of both boxes (both ip and lindora) and the ingredients are the same. In some cases the food is identical! I think the company that makes the bars for ideal protein also makes the bars for lindora. The packaging is the same. This lindora product has aspartame but that ip product has aspartame. I've been a slow looser and I don't want to make it worse by introducing something that will slow me down even more or stop me altogether. I've only lost 10 lbs in the last 7 weeks but lost 7 inches. I've been doing ip for 6 months and I just need some variety! Am I making a mistake?
__________________




WI1 -6 / WI2 -.8 / WI3 -.8 / WI4 -.8 / WI5 -4.6 / WI6 +.2 / WI7 -2.4 / WI8 -2 / WI9 -1.2
Figgypudding is offline  
Old 03-02-2011, 07:04 AM   #53
Lynn
 
rhondalynny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paradise
Posts: 54

S/C/G: 218/186/160

Height: 5'8"

Default

Figgy: It didn't slow me down.
__________________


rhondalynny is offline  
Old 03-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #54
Member
 
Sandman79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 82

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Isopure no carb shakes

I started taking these shakes on the 6th day of my IP journey. I have lost just the same with them. I only use a half of serving bc one serving has 50 grams of protein. So I just use one scoop which is more cost effective you are still getting 25 grams of protein. Plus when you split it you only get 105 calories and a half a gram of fat. Here is the nutrition info about Isopure
Click for larger image
The elite protein elixir. 50 grams of 100% whey protein isolate. 1g of fat, no lactose, and glutamine enriched but with zero carbs. Also sweetened with apartame free Sucralose™, the only zero calorie sweetener made from sugar.
Size: 3lbs
7.5lbs
Flavors: Cookies 'N Creme
Dutch Chocolate (low carb)
Banana Cream
Mango Peach
Strawberries & Cream
Mint Chocolate Chip
Creamy Vanilla
Pineapple Orange Banana
Alpine Punch
Apple Melon
Packaging:


Nutrition Facts (Creamy Vanilla)
Amt per Serving % Daily Value
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (62g)
Calories 210
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1g 1%
Saturated Fat .5g 3%
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 320mg 15%
Potassium 750mg 20%
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 50g
Vitamin A 50%
Vitamin C 50%
Calcium 60%
Iron 6%
Vitamin D 50%
Vitamin E 50%
Vitamin K 50%
Thiamin 50%
Riboflavin 50%
Niacin 50%
Vitamin B6 50%
Folate 50%
Vitamin B12 50%
Biotin 50%
Pantothenic Acid 50%
Phosphorus 50%
Iodine 50%
Magnesium 50%
Zinc 50%
Selenium 50%
Copper 50%
Manganese 50%
Chromium 50%
Molybdenum 50%
Chloride 20%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
__________________
Sandman79 is offline  
Old 03-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #55
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10
 
JSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 153

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgypudding View Post
Has anyone tried adding the lindora products to the ip plan AND noticed any negative effects like lack of weight loss or stalling? I've compared the ingredients lists of both boxes (both ip and lindora) and the ingredients are the same. In some cases the food is identical! I think the company that makes the bars for ideal protein also makes the bars for lindora. The packaging is the same. This lindora product has aspartame but that ip product has aspartame. I've been a slow looser and I don't want to make it worse by introducing something that will slow me down even more or stop me altogether. I've only lost 10 lbs in the last 7 weeks but lost 7 inches. I've been doing ip for 6 months and I just need some variety! Am I making a mistake?
I have used alternative IP products for quite some time now, but I also suffered from slow losses and plateaued. However, I did that when using IP products as well. You could always try a week of IP products to see if that makes a difference, but I suspect it wont. We are attracted to this diet because of the rapid weight loss, and stalls are thus more frustrating. I think shaking up your diet (switching dinner and lunch) may shake you out of your stall. There are a few threads addressing this topic with a lot of good ideas. You may want to check them out. Hang in there, you will see the scale move again soon!
__________________
Jenny

___________________________________


JSP is offline  
Old 03-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #56
Started IP 9/1/10
 
wyoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE
Posts: 238

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Default

I have only used the alternative sites (Lindora, Nashua, Doctor's Best) and have lost 60 lbs.

Do research though...You can't just order whatever from these sites. You need to compare to IP and make informed decisions. For example, I prefer Lindora's Mint Hot Choc to Doctor's Best (yuck) and Lindora's is lower in carbs and calories (if I remember correctly).

Please check out the link below...this is a spreadsheet a LOT of us put together so you could compare the various products!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...vdXAza3c&hl=en
__________________
Began IP journey: 9/1/10 Onederland Goal MET: 12/2/10 (-40 lbs) Christmas Goal MET: 12/26/10 (-15 lbs)
-50 lb Goal MET: 1/13/11
-60 lb Goal MET: 2/23/11 Began maintenance: 5/1/11

Married 8/6/11 to my best friend! And now.....



Progress Photos....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...to-plunge.html
wyoangel is offline  
Old 03-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Figgypudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 142

S/C/G: Restart: 233/ 214/ 170

Height: 5'1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
I have only used the alternative sites (Lindora, Nashua, Doctor's Best) and have lost 60 lbs.

Do research though...You can't just order whatever from these sites. You need to compare to IP and make informed decisions. For example, I prefer Lindora's Mint Hot Choc to Doctor's Best (yuck) and Lindora's is lower in carbs and calories (if I remember correctly).

Please check out the link below...this is a spreadsheet a LOT of us put together so you could compare the various products!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...vdXAza3c&hl=en
This spreadsheet is amazing. Thank you everyone who worked on this!
__________________




WI1 -6 / WI2 -.8 / WI3 -.8 / WI4 -.8 / WI5 -4.6 / WI6 +.2 / WI7 -2.4 / WI8 -2 / WI9 -1.2
Figgypudding is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #58
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 76

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Height: 5'7"

Default

Does anyone know how atkins endulge chocolate coconut bars compare to the IP bars? I know longer have the box and IP doesn't print info on the packages.
dunwitfat is offline  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
whisperingshouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 207

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Can anyone explain to me what the different highlighted areas on the spreadsheets mean??
whisperingshouts is offline  
Old 03-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 134

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Bump
in4life is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The end of ephedra? MrsJim Does it Work? 12 11-27-2004 11:47 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2