Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 256/231/150

Height: 5'6

[QUOTE=ianmeghanmom;4060647]I also wanted to thank everyone who has posted in this thread and who put together the spreadsheet mentioned many times. I do buy several IP products that I love, but I'm also starting to buy some alternate products as well to help keep the overall cost down.

FYI I found on Vitacost a multivitamin and a Mag-Cal that was very close to the IP supplements. I have searched online many places and my coach has said that the Pot-Cal doesn't have anything comparable (I haven't searched everywhere, but have come close within online US sites) and I will plan to keep buying that from her.

So I think I will be able to buy enough from her to keep her from wondering why I'm not buying as much, yet keep the overall cost down. And I've been doing this now for about 2.5 weeks and yes I'm still losing. I tend to lose about 2 lbs a week, and that is what is still happening.

When I get a chance I'll post the specific supplements I ended up getting.

Thanks again to everyone. If this isn't a sticky yet, would someone make this thread a sticky? Thanks.

Hello,

Can you tell me the name of the multi-vitamins and Mag-Cal supplements you found on Vitacost. I've been searching with no luck.

Thanks very much,

NW Lass
Old 10-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #182  
Joined IP 8/2011

S/C/G: 166/145.4/120

Height: 5'0''

Default EAS Shakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrayado View Post
Has anyone else using only the EAS shakes noticed an increase in hunger? I switched over completely on Monday, and this entire week I've been really hungry. Using the IP products, I was barely ever hungry after the first few days. I'm wondering if there is something missing from the EAS shakes that helps with hunger control.
I think I commented on this before, but I just looked at the protein differences between 3 of the EAS carb control shakes: Chocolate is 23g protein, but vanilla and strawberry are only 17g protein. All are 2g carb. So, that may make a difference. I like using the vanilla with Chai tea and also my coffee in the AM, I use the Choc by itself, and I like the strawberry by itself (but may rethink that). I haven't noticed a hunger difference but I probably wouldn't use the EAS shakes as my only "IP like" protein all day.

I briefly looked at the normal EAS shakes but didn't like the number of carbs versus protein grams that were in them--those probably would last longer but I just didn't feel comfortable using those. With the alternative products I'm trying to be pretty careful--maybe too careful--but I'm still experimenting with what works and what doesn't.

Hope that helps some. Feel free to PM me.

carrie
Old 10-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #183  
Joined IP 8/2011

Default Vitacost supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwlass View Post
Hello,

Can you tell me the name of the multi-vitamins and Mag-Cal supplements you found on Vitacost. I've been searching with no luck.

Thanks very much,

NW Lass
For the Cal/Mag:
VitaCost Calcium, Magnesium, &Vitamin D 300 capsules

Serving Size 3 capsules Servings per container 100
Vitamin D as Cholecalciferol 700 IU
Calcium as Calcium Citrate and Calcium Malate 500 mg
Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate) 250 mg
Malic Acid (from Calcium Malate) 650 mg

other ingredients (gelatin, cellulose, stearic acid, magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide). free of milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish, fish, soy, gluten, titanium dioxide

It definitely is not quite the same as the IP Cal-Mag but I paid $15.49 for 100 servings, which works out to about 15 cents per "serving" instead of 87 cents (at my center) so I felt like the differences were worth it. I'm still getting the P-K at my center.

For the multivitamin, I got Vitacost Synergy Once Daily Multi-Vitamin (I'll let you search on this). After reviewing it, I'm trying to decide if this is close enough to the real thing. Again, it has more of certain Vitamins, less of others, for it I only need to take it once a day, but I'm trying to decide if I really need to take it twice to get certain vitamin/mineral levels at the same as the IP multi. I may need to search again. I had found a different one and may need to purchase it. They have a 30day money back guarantee so I will probably do my searching tonight and determine what to do.

Hope that helps.

carrie
Old 10-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

I have a question about the potassium one. I am using alt. The potassium one i am taking does not have alot of potassium. How much is in the IP ones?
Old 10-14-2011, 04:35 AM   #185  
Joined IP 8/2011

Default Adkins Bars a no no? Options????

Okay, I thought I read somewhere that we "could" eat the Adkins bars, and then I read we couldn't. I'm thinking we can't because we count ALL carbs, not just net, correct?

I don't even see how I could eat HALF a bar and have it count has anything: one I wanted to try has 19 carbs and only 10g protein! So it'd be restricted and give me hardly any fulfillment. Is my logic correct?

But I found an Adkins shake with 2g Carbs and 20+g protein that is Caramel something Coffee that is REALLY good! Thank you HEB!

I also cannot find the Pure Protein bars that don't have the same level of carbs that the Adkins bars have (and no way to split them and still give me a decent level of protein--same with Detour, and others mentioned). My only bar option right now is the Protidiet Key Lime bar (which isn't too bad, decent).

I tried a new one from IP yesterday and it was like a candy bar AND left me hungry!!!! Not fair!

I have read through the sticky on alternatives, but any help on "alternative bars" that will actually be worth it will be appreciated.

carrie
Old 10-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

I found GNC Total Lean shakes and am going to give them a whirl. They have a more calories (170 per 14oz rtd bottle) than I would like but everything else is pretty good. 6g carbs and 6g fat. Has anyone given these a shot?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #187  

Okay...I am going for it...just ordered a bunch of Protidiet. IP is busting our budget bad and this will be my last week on it. Thanks for all the info to read!

To the person that commented that sucralose is not an approved IP sweetener...it happens to be in my IP cappuccino drink mix so I would assume it's approved.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #188  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
I found GNC Total Lean shakes and am going to give them a whirl. They have a more calories (170 per 14oz rtd bottle) than I would like but everything else is pretty good. 6g carbs and 6g fat. Has anyone given these a shot?

I tried RTD shakes from GNC lately, not sure if this is what you are referring about, they were on specials and I bought the vanilla ones and the strawberry ones. They were yummy and even though they had more calories in them, the fat content was low and the protein was high. I used them as a restricted item and they worked fine with me as I lost weight losing them.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #189  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihuggtrees View Post
Okay...I am going for it...just ordered a bunch of Protidiet. IP is busting our budget bad and this will be my last week on it. Thanks for all the info to read!

To the person that commented that sucralose is not an approved IP sweetener...it happens to be in my IP cappuccino drink mix so I would assume it's approved.

Sucralose is what is in Splenda and it is for sure approved to be used on IP.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #190  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
I have a question about the potassium one. I am using alt. The potassium one i am taking does not have alot of potassium. How much is in the IP ones?

Hi there,

Can't answer you exactly, cause even when I started IP, before starting to use alternatives, I never bought their supplements, I always used to buy supplements from Costco or local pharmacies.

Attached are two sheets to let you know what is the quantity of each supplement you should take.

Hope this will help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Supplement_Overview-IP.pdf (75.6 KB, 363 views)
File Type: pdf IPsupplements[1].pdf (36.1 KB, 290 views)
Old 12-04-2011, 03:01 AM   #191  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I just brought the Smart for Life bars from Super D/USA Drugs for .88. They are pretty much rice crispie treats. I had the Green Tea bar yesterday and still lost a pound, so they work for me. I see this week, Super D has Pure protein on sale for 6.99.

I see that the Smart for Life website has 0/0/0 coffee creamers. Has anyone used this?
Old 12-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 207.8/182.4/165

Height: 5'6"

I have been on the IP diet for 80 days....working well, have lost 41 pounds and 57 inches but the cost is killing me so have tried a few cheaper products. HeathSmart chocolate drink packets. I do seem to be more hungry after these thou....the calories are 40 less and carbs are 6 less so that might be why. Has anybody found a better replacement for this?
Old 12-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Thumbs up

Everyone on this site is absolutely awesome for sharing all of their tips, research, etc. I have only been OP for three weeks, but after much research here, I feel comfortable enough that I will go to alternative products this week. I feel confident, because I have THIS site for encouragment and
SUPER
information. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Last edited by Survalia; 12-05-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #194  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

What do you use for salad 'dressings'?
Old 01-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #195  

Height: 5'5"

I just found this pudding:

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ix-15-box.html

Would this be comparable to IP? I've looked at the ProtiDiet and others, but this seems like the ingredients are closer. Has anyone used this?
Closed Thread