Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

I am a little confused. I understood that a significant aspect of Phase 1 is NO sugar (this was one if the key messages). I see some of the drinks and items have 1-3 grams of sugar. Is it that the amount is so low that it doesn't matter?

Related question - how much sugar puts ketosis at risk?

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 256/231/150

Height: 5'6

Hi There---

I recently went off IP diet(I am in Phase I and have lost 30 pounds so far---but I have another 60 pounds to go before I would start Phase II) due to the high cost--I have swicthed to Pure Protein Bars, EAS shakes and have been referencing IP Protocol Phase I for dinner using your own foods (i.e.; 5 oz red meat, 7 oz fish--2 cups of veggies, etc...)---I have been successful so far, I lost 2 pounds in the first week of doing alternatives to IP.

My questions are these:1) Can you tell me where I can get a quick protocol type of list for IP Phase I using alternative products and also where I could find a list for IP vitamin & mineral supplement alternatives. I appreciate your help!

Sincerely,

NW Lass

Last edited by nwlass; 09-06-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #168  

Hi There--

Can you advise what other products you use for IP alternatives--I have been buying the Pure Protein bars and they are wonderful but other sources would be great too! Also, if could tell me what you do for your daily food plan (B/L/D/S) this is where I am getting confused ---how many bars I can have a day...etc
I am have been doing this on my own since the the expense for IP is just too much for me.. sigh...

I have lost 30 punds since 6/21/11 and don't want to lose that momentum.

I appreciate your help!

And awesome job on losing ;o)

Best,

NW Lass

Last edited by nwlass; 09-07-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #169  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwlass View Post
Hi There---

I recently went off IP diet(I am in Phase I and have lost 30 pounds so far---but I have another 60 pounds to go before I would start Phase II) due to the high cost--I have swicthed to Pure Protein Bars, EAS shakes and have been referencing IP Protocol Phase I for dinner using your own foods (i.e.; 5 oz red meat, 7 oz fish--2 cups of veggies, etc...)---I have been successful so far, I lost 2 pounds in the first week of doing alternatives to IP.

My questions are these:1) Can you tell me where I can get a quick protocol type of list for IP Phase I using alternative products and also where I could find a list for IP vitamin & mineral supplement alternatives. I appreciate your help!

Sincerely,

NW Lass
Have you looked at the sticky's? I think there is something there about alternatives
Old 09-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #170  

Honestly--i am not sure where to go to find them... I appreciate your help...

By the way, I see your posts everyday and you inspire me---with your photos, you look wonderful!

Thanks for the inspiration and best of luck to you

Sincerely,

NW Lass
Old 09-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwlass View Post
Honestly--i am not sure where to go to find them... I appreciate your help...

By the way, I see your posts everyday and you inspire me---with your photos, you look wonderful!

Thanks for the inspiration and best of luck to you

Sincerely,

NW Lass
Here is a link to the stickys

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

and thank you
Old 09-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 196/172/140

Height: 5'4

Showgirlaz, do you sub IP food for other products? I would be interested in doing this but want to make sure it would still work. It should, but somethimes i get information overload and my coach is not really great at explaining my more indepth questions. She clearly is selling the porduct and wants no such talk of alternative food options. The food is very expensive and I am committted to it but it would be nice to take a break from a few of the products if i can get the same result with real food. Like eggs, it would be nice to just eat real eggs in the morning. I love the herb eggs and eat them every single day but real would be a nice, cheap change.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 196/172/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Here is a link to the stickys

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

and thank you
I noticed you had a big weight loss last week. Do you do anything different to have a nice spike like that? You look great and good job!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #174  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yma311 View Post
I noticed you had a big weight loss last week. Do you do anything different to have a nice spike like that? You look great and good job!
I did not do anything different, I guess my body needed a break last week because I loss nothing and this week 6lbs. And thank you
Old 09-08-2011, 11:46 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 229/187/185

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
EAS AdvantEDGE ready to drink "shakes" in vanilla, chocolate fudge, double chocolate, strawberry, and mocha caramel cost about $5 for a 4-pack of tetra-paks. Available at WalMart and almost every grocery store. I'd give the flavor 3 stars although I really do not like the mocha caramel at all.

Premier Nutrition ready to drink "shakes" in chocolate only cost about $24 for an 18-pack of tetra-paks. There is a coupon valid through June 5th or 6th in the Costco Coupon Book. Crazy, but my husband and I bought 20 of the 18-packs b/c at about $1 a "shake," this was an incredible deal. 180 calories and 30 grams of protein so no more than 1 per day. 4 stars for flavor.

Cytosport's Muscle Milk Protein +
in vanilla or chocolate powder. Do not confuse this with regular or lite Muscle Milk. This is Protein +, available at Costco for about $28 / 40 servings. About 130 calories, 3 carbs, and some sodium and potassium. 4 stars for flavor.

Pure Protein Tri-Phase Infusion I drink this before bed b/c of its sustained release of protein lasting up to 7 hours.

I drink a drink for breakfast as soon as I wake up and while I'm having my coffee b/c I'm hungry and so I can keep the ketosis going.

4 egg whites and 1 egg yolk in lieu of the IP omelet pack

3 oz tuna or salmon in lieu of any IP pack; doesn't seem like much b/c it's not so I usually allow myself 4 oz.

Believe it or not, I may allow myself 15-20 almonds per day or about 5 kalamata olives just to keep myself on track. I'd rather have these "real food" sources than a protein bar that has lots of sugar alcohols, etc.
Thank you very much for these suggestions!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #176  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

bump
Old 09-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #177  

Default Alternative Options for the bars

Well I have been on Ideal Protein for a little over a month and I am seeing weight loss...however, I am getting to a point where I don't think I will be able to sustain the cost for much longer. I have bought the EAS shakes which I am going to substitute 1 tomorrow for and ideal protein shake and see how it goes. I paid $24 for a 20 pack at Sams which will make a big difference as now I drink two RTD IP shakes a day. Also, I saw some Detour bars there and as I really love the bars I was wondering if these would be suitable as a restricted item? I compared them to the cookies n cream IP bars.. they have 20 calories an 2 grams more of fat, but they actually have 1 gram less carbs and the same grams of sugar and protein. They taste awesome too. Does anyone have any input as to if these might be a suitable substitute for my restricted item? Here are side by side comparisons of the nutrition:

Cookies n Cream Bars Detour Caramel Peanut Bars
Calories: 160 180
Total Fat: 4g 6g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g 3g
Cholesterol: 0g 15g
Sodium: 230mg 250mg
Total Carbs: 17g 16g
Dietary Fiber: 0g 2g
Sugars: 6g 6g
Protein: 15g 15g
Old 10-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #178  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice and great information. I switched from IP products to the EAS shakes this week and have already lost 3 pounds (at half the cost!)
Old 10-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #179  
Joined IP 8/2011

S/C/G: 166/145.4/120

Height: 5'0''

I also wanted to thank everyone who has posted in this thread and who put together the spreadsheet mentioned many times. I do buy several IP products that I love, but I'm also starting to buy some alternate products as well to help keep the overall cost down.

FYI I found on Vitacost a multivitamin and a Mag-Cal that was very close to the IP supplements. I have searched online many places and my coach has said that the Pot-Cal doesn't have anything comparable (I haven't searched everywhere, but have come close within online US sites) and I will plan to keep buying that from her.

So I think I will be able to buy enough from her to keep her from wondering why I'm not buying as much, yet keep the overall cost down. And I've been doing this now for about 2.5 weeks and yes I'm still losing. I tend to lose about 2 lbs a week, and that is what is still happening.

When I get a chance I'll post the specific supplements I ended up getting.

Thanks again to everyone. If this isn't a sticky yet, would someone make this thread a sticky? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #180  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

Has anyone else using only the EAS shakes noticed an increase in hunger? I switched over completely on Monday, and this entire week I've been really hungry. Using the IP products, I was barely ever hungry after the first few days. I'm wondering if there is something missing from the EAS shakes that helps with hunger control.

Last edited by ladyrayado; 10-07-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Closed Thread