3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative Products that work in PHASE 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/203447-alternative-products-work-phase-1-a.html)

GettingItOff 06-26-2011 02:11 PM

Exercise?

I thought I saw on the exercise thread you posted you were using IP? Did you switch and are eating less? Sorry, I exercise too and am trying to figure out the right balance. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennydoodle (Post 3902920)
The 1st week I did IP was on alternative products. Here is what I did:

B: EAS carb advantage RTD shake
L: Lean protein with veggies & salad
S: Pure Protein PB bar
D: EAS carb advantage RTD shake and veggies & salad

I lost 5.6 pounds that week.

Porthardygurl 07-04-2011 07:38 PM

Can someone tell me if the new lifestyles soy bbq bites are okay to eat???? Cause in the ingredients it says it contains fructose??? and potato flour??

It has 130 calories
12 carbs
2 g of fibre
3.5 g of fat..

I just ate a pack of these today and im scared i screwed myself over...

wheekers 07-07-2011 09:57 AM

I'm looking for a bar (non chocolatey...i hate chocolate unless it has pb in it) that is comparable to an IP bar. I'm starting to feel my bank account dwindle on this diet and need some alternative ideas. thanks

Bellamack 07-07-2011 10:15 AM

I get my husband the Pure Protein bars. You can get them at Sam's, Wal-mart & Wegmans. Wegman's has a huge variety and they are on sale this week for $0.88.... I hope you have a Wegmans, it truly is the best grocery store ever! Also, I get the light EAS ready-drinks at Sam's. Should I be buying the regular EAS and not the light?

I get all my supplements from HSN they are Andrew Lessman, check them out. The only IP supplement I got was the Ca-K, because that is a hard one to find with the correct dosage. Hope this helps a little.

Oh and you can buy egg beaters or egg whites in a carton at the grocery, 1/4 is equal to 1 egg. :)

jennydoodle 07-07-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GettingItOff (Post 3908246)
I thought I saw on the exercise thread you posted you were using IP? Did you switch and are eating less? Sorry, I exercise too and am trying to figure out the right balance. Thanks!

Sorry, I just saw this. Yes, I have been exercising from the get go and I do add an extra packet or sometimes 2 on days I exercise. I have found if I do a "normal" workout that doesn't leave me gassed, I add 1 extra packet a day, which puts me at 4 packets and 1 meal on my own. Sometimes the workouts I do are pretty brutal and I then add 2 packets to my day, which is 5 packets and 1 meal on my own. 90% of the time I am doing 4 packets. A typical day looks like this:

B: IP packet
L: salad, veggies & protein
S: IP bar
5:30-6:30: Work out
6:30: IP RTD shake
D: IP packet, salad & veggies

Bellamack 07-07-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLAMINGO (Post 3855390)
I have been reading all posts concerning alternative products, and doing my own research as well, comparing IP to the alternatives. I am so ready to try some of them. I have lost 21 lbs. in 5 weeks which is awesome, but I am getting bored of the same things, and the cost is getting out of hand. My problem is that I'm a big chicken poo when I think of having to tell my coach that I'm "breaking up with him" and going on my own. I know I shouldnt feel like that cause he could probably care less. I guess I just kind of feel obligatedto him. Anyway, I am going to put my order in tonight for some alternatives and get my courage up to tell him this next week.

OH Flamingo, that is what I am thinking about. I have budgeted enough money for 2 months on IP and then plan to switch, but like you, I am chicken-poo. I live in a small town and my coach is so nice, but they have to understand the expense. Why can't they cut the cost a little, they would still make a profit? Oh well, good luck to you. Keep posting alternatives and products. thanks:)

wheekers 07-07-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3924608)
I get my husband the Pure Protein bars. You can get them at Sam's, Wal-mart & Wegmans. Wegman's has a huge variety and they are on sale this week for $0.88.... I hope you have a Wegmans, it truly is the best grocery store ever! Also, I get the light EAS ready-drinks at Sam's. Should I be buying the regular EAS and not the light?

I get all my supplements from HSN they are Andrew Lessman, check them out. The only IP supplement I got was the Ca-K, because that is a hard one to find with the correct dosage. Hope this helps a little.

Oh and you can buy egg beaters or egg whites in a carton at the grocery, 1/4 is equal to 1 egg. :)

Darn we dont have a wegmans...are the pure protein similar to IP as far as protein and carbs

Bellamack 07-07-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheekers (Post 3924709)
Darn we dont have a wegmans...are the pure protein similar to IP as far as protein and carbs

They are a little higher, but my husband who is not doing IP, but has been in cardiac rehab uses them as per recommendation from his physician. He has lost 23lbs and he really wasn't "heavy" to begin with. They would be a restricted item.

I am sorry :( that you don't have a Wegmans, just love that store. We had to relocate to NC for work for 3 yrs and I complained about not having a Wegamans the whole time. Now we are back in upstate NY and I have my Wegmans, only 5 minutes away :)

Lorette 07-07-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 3924689)
OH Flamingo, that is what I am thinking about. I have budgeted enough money for 2 months on IP and then plan to switch, but like you, I am chicken-poo. I live in a small town and my coach is so nice, but they have to understand the expense. Why can't they cut the cost a little, they would still make a profit? Oh well, good luck to you. Keep posting alternatives and products. thanks:)

We use the Atkins drinks/shakes in the morning and use the "Oh Yeah" bars in the evenings - both help with our cost alot... just be sure to use the bars as restricteds and make sure if you buy the full size ones to only eat half at a time, or one small one per time... Shoppers Drug Mart and London Drugs carry both products! ;0) Watch for sales!

cajunladybug22 07-07-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheekers (Post 3924573)
I'm looking for a bar (non chocolatey...i hate chocolate unless it has pb in it) that is comparable to an IP bar. I'm starting to feel my bank account dwindle on this diet and need some alternative ideas. thanks

Nashua Nutrition has a Vanilla Peanut Bar by either Proti-Thin or Proti-Diet that looks very similar to the IP one.

Scofflaw1 07-07-2011 05:37 PM

Haha, all these "eastern stores" I've never heard of :P

Watkat 07-07-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheekers (Post 3924709)

You can buy them online at http://www.netrition.com/

Dancer456 08-30-2011 11:01 AM

What about the Jillian Michaels Protein Shakes sold at Walmart?

Dancer456 08-30-2011 11:07 AM

Nutritional information for Jillian Michaels Protein Shakes (sorry didn't get it posted above)

Nutrition Facts.Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 27 g
Servings Per Container 14
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.50 g 3%
Cholesterol 45 mg 15%
Sodium 60 mg 2%
Potassium 150 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 7 g 2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g 11%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 15 g 31%
Calcium 11%
Phosphorus 11%
Magnesium 5%
(-) Information is currently not available for this nutrient.

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:**

** Percent Daily Values listed below are intended for adults and children over 4 years of age. Foods represented or purported to be for use by infants, children less than 4 years of age, pregnant women, or lactating women shall use the RDI's that are specified for the intended group provided by the FDA.

Calories: 2,000 2,500
Total Fat Less than 65g 80g
Sat. Fat Less than 20g 25g
Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300mg
Sodium Less than 2400mg 2400mg
Potassium 3500mg 3500mg
Total Carbohydrate 300mg 375mg
Dietary Fiber 25mg 30mg

Calories per gram:

Fat 9·Carbohydrate 4·Protein 4

..Ingredients.Nutrition Information. Proprietary Protein Blend 19G, %Daily Value Not Established: Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate). Bcaa Blend (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine). Ingredients: Proprietary Protein Blend ((Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Bcaa Blend (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine)), Buttermilk Powder, Inulin, Oat Fiber, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Fructose, Xanthan Gum, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavor, Stevia Extract (Stevia Rebaudiana) (Leaf). Contains Milk And Soy Ingredients. Contains Small Amounts Of Soy Lecithin To Improve Mixability. Typical Amino Acid Profile (Milligrams Per 27 G Scoop****): Essential Amino Acids: Histidine 309 Mg, Isoleucine 952 Mg, Leucine 1,744 Mg, Lysine, 1,262 Mg, Methionine 302 Mg, Phenylalanine 463 Mg, Threonine 1,086 Mg, Tryptophan***** 232 Mg, Valine 915 Mg. Nonessential Amino Acids: Alanine 624 Mg, Arginine 418 Mg, Aspartic Acid 1,586 Mg, Cysteine 294 Mg, Glutamic Acid 2,005 Mg, Glycine 263 Mg, Proline 812 Mg, Serine 806 Mg, Tyrosine 423 Mg. ***Daily Value Not Established For Sugars. ****Approximate Values. *****L-Tryptophan Is Naturally Occurring, Not Added.

esthershafe 09-05-2011 09:13 PM

has anyone used the whey protein shake mix from walmart? i compared it to the nutrition facts one the ip packets and its almost exact. my plan is this

B: protein shake and hot tea
S: 1 cup veggie
L: protein shake, lettuce, 1 cup veggie
S: 1 cup veggie
D: 5-8oz lean meat, lettuce and 1 cup veggie
S: shake and hot tea
plus all the supplements.
let me know what you all think of this regimine.