Old 05-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #1  

Smile Your motivation

I think it is a great idea if everyone here post why they're doing this for. We know we're all here to lose weight, but if you're doing IP for like lower your cholesterol, run around with your newborn child, dance salsa... name it !

It could be a great motivation for us when we're not feeling good, or want to cheat, to come here and read all those things why we're loosing weight!

I hope that you'll like my idea

1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:49 PM   #2  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

I have a couple reasons.

1. I am a singer/songwriter who wants to make a career in this very competitive business and looks are a huge part of the market.. being more than a size 8 or 9 is usually considered outrageous..

2. I am a huuggeee girly girl. I love getting dressed up and lets just face it.. cute clothes dont come in the size I was and the size I currently am now.. or at least they do but I dont feel cute in them.

3. My boyfriend weighs 125 lbs.
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

1. I want better health
2. I want to be more athletic and less self conscious doing sports
3. I want to buy the "cute" clothes
4. I want to date without being self conscious
5. I don't want my family and friends to worry about my health
6. I don't want to have an excuse for all the things I won't do!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:22 PM   #4  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

1. I want to look great in my wedding dress (2 bad I don't have any guy in my life now) but it's the goal that counts right lol I'm a bridezilla in the making
2. To wear cute trendy clothes, I love fashion and I want to enjoy shopping for once and not dread the fact clothes don't look the way I'd like them to look when I try them on.
3. To be the best I can be .
4. To prove all those who have been haters over the years that I am fabulous, I love myself and I will take care of myself inside and out.
5. To feel good --- have energy, be healthy and live my life to the fullest.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #5  

My Motivation:

♥ my baby boy
♥ my husband
♥ not ending up in the 300's
♥ finding a sport I love (biking)
♥ not wanting to be ashamed of myself anymore
♥ because I was tired of my knees hurting
♥ because I didn't want to lose my breath walking up the stairs anymore
♥ finally doing it right for once
♥ because I'm worth it

Last edited by jordanna; 05-31-2010 at 10:09 PM.
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

1. My daughters deserve to have a mother who can participate in their lives and is not constantly on the side lines.
2. I would like to be an active partner to my husband, not just sitting waiting on him all the time.
3. I want to feel beautiful.
4. My body deserves to be well maintained, it has done me well so far.
5. I had a pancreatic scare and want to do what I can to get it healthy.
6. I would so love to shop in a normal store. I remember growing up as a plus size girl, back then you had to get your clothers in the woman's section and I remember wearing clothes that were not cute like other little girls wore.
7. I have always wanted to barrel race or rope, maybe I would feel more secure atop my horse if I were a little lighter and better balanced.
8. I want to live longer.
9. I deserve this.
10. I know I can do it!

I think 10 should do. Of course, I will get a big tattoo when this is all said and done as I don't want to get one now as I think it would be distorted when I loose my weight. Still, 10 is good and I will look back at this from time to time.

(wish I knew how to make those cute hearts, Jordanna!!)
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:06 PM   #7  

oh - I ♥ tattoos. I have lots of them lol. What are you getting when you're done? When I get below 200 I'm having this done:

"I carry your heart with me" from an e.e. cummings poem written on my arm with three little blue birds flying around the words to symbolize myself, my husband and our little guy.

Cute heart on PC Alt + 3
Cute heart on laptop Fn + Alt + L

Last edited by jordanna; 05-31-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:21 PM   #8  

I have never had a tattoo yet, but when I do something, I go all out. So in the spirit of going all out...when I reach 190, so I have a little fat on my back still, I am getting a backpiece. I am going to have to loose a lot of weight so I can wear a sexy halter back shirt to show it off!! It will be a portrait of my daughters from when they were little, they were cheek to cheek, and it is my favorite picture of them together. I am going to have something written in fancy letters around it but not sure what. I am also going to have him do some angel wings or something to make it look heavenly around it becuase they are my little angels. ♥ How awesome...thanks for the ♥ instructions. I could get carried away with this!! ♥ ♥ ♥ LOL!!
Your tattoo sounds to poetic and meaningful, I am going to have to give in and do some research to have something meaningful written around mine. What else do you have?

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 05-31-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:29 PM   #9  

I have:

A chain of daisies around my ankle (not your typical daisy chain, mine is HUGE)

The word Ohana with a hibiscus (means family) on the inside of my wrist

A Maple Leaf with the words Made in Canada on the bottom of my foot

A yingyang inside a star on my back

a star behind one of my ears that you can see through my stretched earlobe

...hmmm I think that's it so far lol...
Old 05-31-2010, 10:39 PM   #10  

That sounds so fun! I am encouraging my husband to get a ton of them and everyone thinks I am crazy, I think they are sexy!!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Jordanna and Roz:

I have a whole new image of both of you!! I love the idea of marking momentous times with something permanent like body art.

I got my tatoo 8 years ago when I got out of a relationship that I felt took my spirit away. As a reminder and, because I love cats, I have a Tigers face inside of a tribal heart. I look at it and I remember to be independent.

I have been looking at a few new tatoo images for later. I love dragonflies and phoenix birds. Both are about rebirth and transformation. If my understanding is right, dragonflies are the only creature that lives its life both under/in water and then as part of earth and air. I have thought of having one above a lotus blossom tattooed on my low back.

My sister, Heather ( she passed away 5 years ago) loved frogs and my mother (she died the same day in the same accident) loved hummingbirds so, I have been trying to think of a small garden design with all parts in it sort of as a part of them and me. I sure wish Heather were here to help with it! She use to design tatoos for friends. She had tribal cuffs on her ankles, a celtic snake on the top of her right foot, a sun/moon yinyang on the top of her left foot, and a GIANT celtic knot design (she created it) on her whole back. She designed a fantasy scene for a friend of hers. It has a castle, unicorn, fairies, flowers, butterflies and other stuff. She was good at the art.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:08 AM   #12  

oh my goodness Carla - I am so terribly sorry to hear about your sister and mum. My heart goes out to you. I think tattoos are an amazing way to pay tribute to loved ones.

My Ohana tattoo is for my dog who passed away because:

I had a pug for 15 years and he was getting so old. My husband was worried that my dog was going to pass away while he was out of town and I would be sad and alone so he got me a Black Lab puppy to join our family so I wouldn't be alone if Pugsley passed away.

We used to go on these long walks as a family and Lola (the lab) and Dustin would get so far ahead of us and when she would notice that Pugsley and I were dragging far behind she would plunk her butt down and wouldn't budge until we caught up.

We always said it was "ohana" because ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten

So once Pugsley passed away I got that tattoo so he would never be left behind.

...I know it's not nearly as significant as a tribute to your mum and sister, but it is significant none the less

The tattoo I'm going to get going forward is for my little guy, who had a rough start to his life. They told us to prepare for the worst because he just wasn't going to make it, and for almost 2 weeks we hoped and prayed for him to make it and then he took a turn for the better and never looked back. Those times were the hardest I've ever faced in my life and I think it was God making sure we really wanted to adopt the little guy and to make sure we would stay by him no matter what.

The three little birds in the tattoo are because one night I decided to leave the hospital for the first time in over a week and on the way home my husband and I broke down in tears because everything was so overwhelming, and suddenly out of the blue on a radio station that NEVER plays reggae music, the song Three Little Birds came on and it made us feel better. The next day we went in and that was the day he started doing better...and I think that song was a gift from God letting us know that our prayers had been answered and our little guy was going to make it.

Last edited by jordanna; 06-01-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #13  

I am crazy about dancing and I like to learn dance for that sake itself...

childrens dance shoes
Dominic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #14  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

motiv8edmama, I have a backpiece (my icon) and it hurts, but in the end it it so worth it!!
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 185/156/145

Height: 5 ft. 4 inches

My Motivation is to be Healthier & not afraid to put on a Swimsuit!
llmw1951 is offline   Reply With Quote