Old 06-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
My friends who's doing IP as well is just coming from a doc appointement.. He said that we dont need potassium at all... does anybody know why we need to take it with IP ?
My coach said it was because we aren't eating fruit.

Txtrish
Txtrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #122  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Good evening all. Wow, so much to catch up on.
Second WI and I'm down 3lbs I think I was hoping for more as it was the second WI but I'm happy with anything down. My coach did take my measurements this time and I have a grand total of 16 inches lost!. I carry most of my wieght around my waist and backside and most of my loss was on top. It all will go, one pound and one inch at a time.

Going to go back and catch up on the rest of the thread.
Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:24 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
My friends who's doing IP as well is just coming from a doc appointement.. He said that we dont need potassium at all... does anybody know why we need to take it with IP ?
I know if you don't take it, you will get painful leg cramps, especially during the night when you're trying to sleep. You might even get them while taking the potassium and need to up your dose.
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Sparkling Water?

Hi there --

I'm about 3 weeks into IP (Lost 11 pounds) and have been lurking here for a little while and haven't seen an answer to what I thought was a strange instruction from my 'coach' ... sparking water only as a 'treat' -- ??? I drink all my normally required water as still, but like to have sparkling at night. They discouraged me from that at all. As restricted as everything is FOR THE LOVE can I just have a little bubble in my water!?

Anyone else get instruction like that?
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

reality came into play tonight as I was rear ended on my way to hair appointment. My one year old car's back bumper is not happy and so is my neck. Came home and had a vodka/soda water. Needed it. I might book a trip to hawaii for first week of july. most importantly I didn't make hair appointment but hair lady understood.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #126  

Quote:
same with my doc, he said stop taking them. My potassium was too high. I take them once every other day now

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-02-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Hi there --

I'm about 3 weeks into IP (Lost 11 pounds) and have been lurking here for a little while and haven't seen an answer to what I thought was a strange instruction from my 'coach' ... sparking water only as a 'treat' -- ??? I drink all my normally required water as still, but like to have sparkling at night. They discouraged me from that at all. As restricted as everything is FOR THE LOVE can I just have a little bubble in my water!?

I drink as much pellegrino as humanly possible.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

SASSY - So awesome you and your mom are able to run together, those will be some awesome memories, fun to scrapbook too!!

CW - WOW!!! You are doing so great, no matter what you choose as your goal or what phase you decide to do, I know it'll be no time and you'll reach that goal!

SHOWGIRL - I knew you'd come through with Splenda info as well as a cool whip recipe...you are a rockin research genius! LOL! You amaze me with all the little facts you come up with.

PITA - So sorry to hear about your car wreck...also sorry you didn't get that hairdo you were looking forward to. I always feel so much better after getting my hair done.

Great job on the losses everyone!!

Welcome to all you new comers!

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 06-02-2010 at 12:07 AM.
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:13 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Sparkling Water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I drink as much pellegrino as humanly possible.
Oh, thank you! If anyone has heard that, let me know, otherwise I'm racing to the kitchen to crack open one right now.
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #130  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karleem View Post
New hope mills has a blueberry muffin & bread mix.
I am HUGELY excited about this, but have been unable to get the New Hope MIlls site to let me order--I tried it with 2 different computers and 2 different ISPs. Where did you order from?

Quote:
... sparking water only as a 'treat' -- ???
this seems to be one of those "depends on your coach" answers. Some say its good for you (more minerals) some say don't drink it. Mine says its fine.

Quote:
I'm going to GUESS it has to do with the hydration. When you pass a lot of water through your system (by peeing or sweating) you lose not just water, but large quantities of sodium and potassium. That is why you see a lot of gatorade, or bananas etc. for runners and other athletes. I would hazard that given how much water we are using to flush ketones out, it is also taking our salt and potassium. Anyone else have a theory?

today's incredible shrinking woman report:
So my coach got this new scale...the old one was already hi-tech, measures body fat, etc. This one is even MORE hi tech. Unfortunately the 2 scales completely disagree with each other. The new one puts my total weigh 3 pounds lower than the old, but my body fat 6% higher! Lesson learned: it's really not about how much you weigh--its about how you feel and what you want to look like that matter...So, I'm down 17 total inches in 6 weeks and some unknown number of pounds...
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:53 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

[QUOTE=Rocky Monarch;3319689]I am HUGELY excited about this, but have been unable to get the New Hope MIlls site to let me order--I tried it with 2 different computers and 2 different ISPs. Where did you order from?

Hi, I ordered from http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/, so I don't think that would be a bennefit.
I would recommend calling New Hope Mills direct for the order cause they are sooooo worth it! Try the pancakes/waffles too! They both rock!

Last edited by karleem; 06-02-2010 at 12:54 AM.
karleem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:57 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

[QUOTE=karleem;3319729]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
I am HUGELY excited about this, but have been unable to get the New Hope MIlls site to let me order--I tried it with 2 different computers and 2 different ISPs. Where did you order from?

Hi, I ordered from http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/, so I don't think that would be a bennefit.
I would recommend calling New Hope Mills direct for the order cause they are sooooo worth it! Try the pancakes/waffles too! They both rock!
I looked and they deliver to the US!! HMMM....

AHHH, looked closer and shipping to US is $15, have to look elsewhere for this.

Thanks for the info!!

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 06-02-2010 at 12:59 AM.
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Addy!!!...Wow! 16 inches, that is wicked Great job!!!!!!

Lady5andy... The fabulous RockyMonarch has it right on about the potassium. The doctor probably wasn't provided with ALL the components of the IP diet when he made that statement.
Je voudrais vous assurer que vous prenez votre potassium, sauf si vous avez une question spécifique que vous pourriez avoir besoin de parler avec votre médecin au sujet de. Lorsque vous parlez à votre médecin traitant, il suffit de vous assurer qu'ils connaissent tous les détails de ce régime

Rockymonarch!... love the shrinking woman reports. I dread the day my clinic gets a new scale, just changing the one in our house made me paranoid. The body fat % on my new one fluctuates 15% on any given day, oh the accuracy. I just like to tell myself that OF COURSE it is possible that I am 16% body fat

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 06-02-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Calgarygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:44 AM   #134  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah30 View Post
TXTRISH
I would usually make my deviled eggs a little different with just mustard, relish and sugar. You could try the low carb version and see if you like it! Just use chopped dill pickles in place of sweet relish (or buy dill relish) and use splenda to sweeten them up a tad. Then I sprinkle them with paprika. Everyone makes thiem different, but in oklahoma, we like ours with mustard! :-)~
You can also use a splenda sweetened sweet relish. In the southwest USA it is possible to find Mt. Olives brand with splenda.
For deviled eggs, I use a little walden foods mayo all a little extra mustard and seasoning. The WF creates a base but doesn't effect the flavors.

[QUOTE=Lady5andy;3318994]to all my dear Canadian friends here on IP , I've been looking everywhere to orders some low carbs/zero carbs products on the web,

So I thought I'd share with you all what I've found :

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey Lady there is also a place called ...

they have deals on shipping too!
Sandy and Jordanna, That is such great information!!! Thank you! I wonder where we could put it so it can be found easily in the future??? Ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Hi All

Have a great evening everyone! My new pic is of me and my 60 yr old mother after we finished our 5k run. I finished 281 out of 543 in my age group. Not bad for our first race.
Congrats to you and your mom! That is such a great thing! I would love to do a race some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karleem View Post
I am down total of 20 pounds and total of 19.75 inches. I am pretty happy. I just can't wait to get to onederland!
I have been trying a few new products and am very excited about them.
New hope mills has a blueberry muffin & bread mix. I used half to make 6 muffins and I will have 2 / day as a restricted.
congrats on the weight loss! You are doing very well and will soon be in onederland! Thanks for such a useful recipe! I LOVE IT!!! Would you also repost this in the recipe forum. I know this will come up again for many people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txtrish View Post
I was wondering which Waldon Farms dressings y'all like?

do they have a mayo? i am hungry for deviled eggs.

Txtrish
Yes, they do have a mayo. not bad as a mix in. or, you could just make your own homemade mayo. don't use too much but, if you sub a little for your omega oils you could be ok.

I like the italian wf dressings. I get the to go packets and doctor them up at a restaurant with a little olive oil, lemon, sea salt (I bring it in a small medicine style ziploc bag), and pepper. At home, the caesar and asian are ok. I have used all of them, with some added spices or as marinades they are good.

Check the recipe forums for IP ok salad dressings too! We have 2 caesar dressings posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
Okay, I'd like to keep vitamin and nutritional supplements w/in my budget. I know the IP vitamins are terrific, but they are cost-prohibitive for me as are all the IP items now. Couldn't I just use a no-iron multi-vitamin (I realize there's a difference between capsules and tablets b/c of the heat and pressure used to form the tablet), a magnesium supplement according to the label doses, and a potassium supplement according the label doses.

Is it too much potassium that can be a problem for the heart?
Any ideas?
You can just use a no iron multi and other items similar to IP. I like source naturals, life force for women.. It is actually better than IP and can be bought at sprouts locally in Phoenix. Their magnesium and potassium are good too. I also like the jigsaw brand of products. Check vitaman shoppe in Phoenix! They have great products and really good pricing. High dose potassium will be hard to find outside of IP.

Potassium is the one that regulates the heart the most but magnesium is also something to keep balanced. Imbalances in magnesium can cause strokes. Imbalances in potassium can cause heart attacks.

I don't know of any really great nutritional supplements that don't cost a fair amount... meaning a price close to IP. My doctor really likes the costco brand of vitamins. Have you compared those yet? Maybe they have potential.

Quote:
I was thinking about doing other post that we should probably make sticky for the newbie and for further references.. I want to do it if you want, but I would like your opinion first.

Also, I was thinking about posting those thread here in form of a post, before doing a new thread, so everyone could correct me if i'm wrong or something, or if you don't understand me correctly, or If you had other informations to add to it.. . I know my english isn't perfect, so I don't want to make some new thread that nobody understand.. What do you think ?

I was thinking about informations about :

Splenda vs. aspartam
list of items that come with splenda
nutritionnal informations
restriced, unrestricted items, the difference.. and such..
vitamins
exercices
warning (birth control, pregnant women..)

Is it a good idea?

I like these ideas! Can you repost them to the new forum thread? We have been having some discussions there to generate ideas of things we need often, like to reference easily, and can be more organized about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosie1 View Post
I am going to be starting Phase 3 on Sunday....but have abandond my worthless coach....I pulled the Phase 3 info off the other thread...but I really wanted to get some ideas of what breakfast looks like for those of you on phase 3 right now......I don't want to eat the same thing for breakfast for 2 weeks straigh....Bev or Novack or anyone else??? :-)
Congrats on moving to phase 3 Choosie1 !! I am sorry you've had a hard time with the coach you worked with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
Weigh in #11 today. I was down another 3 pounds! ... My total weight loss is now 34 pounds and today we added up all of my inches lost which is 26.5 inches in 11 weeks!
CONGRATS!! That is great news!!!

Quote:
We are prone to imbalancing potassium and other electrolytes in phase 1 because of what we DON'T eat and how much we urinate out.

Quote:
Hi there --

Welcome! Thanks for joining us! I have never been told I can't have sparkling water. I have used it and it hasn't effected me EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
reality came into play tonight as I was rear ended on my way to hair appointment. My one year old car's back bumper is not happy and so is my neck. Came home and had a vodka/soda water. Needed it. I might book a trip to hawaii for first week of july. most importantly I didn't make hair appointment but hair lady understood.
Sorry about the accident! I hope you will be ok. Hawaii sounds fun! can I go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post

today's incredible shrinking woman report:
So my coach got this new scale...the old one was already hi-tech, measures body fat, etc. This one is even MORE hi tech. Unfortunately the 2 scales completely disagree with each other. The new one puts my total weigh 3 pounds lower than the old, but my body fat 6% higher! Lesson learned: it's really not about how much you weigh--its about how you feel and what you want to look like that matter...So, I'm down 17 total inches in 6 weeks and some unknown number of pounds...
I hated when my coach got his scale. Things haven't been the same since! GRRR... I trust my scale the most!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:42 AM   #135  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

They say potassium is used to prevent leg cramps, after all we do drink a lot and lose a lot of minerals that way. Some say it causes diarrhea but not me, I would welcome that since I have to artificially get a bm.
TXRealtor is offline   Reply With Quote