Old 06-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #106  
Started IP 7/23/2012

S/C/G: 176/176/125

Height: 5'3

TXTRISH
I would usually make my deviled eggs a little different with just mustard, relish and sugar. You could try the low carb version and see if you like it! Just use chopped dill pickles in place of sweet relish (or buy dill relish) and use splenda to sweeten them up a tad. Then I sprinkle them with paprika. Everyone makes thiem different, but in oklahoma, we like ours with mustard! :-)~
Sarah30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karleem View Post
Hi yall! Been away for a while and haven't posted. Welcome to all the new members! I had my 4th WI (should have been my 5th but coach was gone for a week) and I am down total of 20 pounds and total of 19.75 inches. I am pretty happy. I just can't wait to get to onederland!
I have been trying a few new products and am very excited about them.
New hope mills has a blueberry muffin & bread mix. I used half to make 6 muffins and I will have 2 / day as a restricted.
I calculated the difference between this and the Chocolate pancakes/muffins from Ip and boy was there ever a difference.
I did tweak the recipe for the 6 muffins a bit tho and used just 2 egg whites.
Ip choco muffins (2 muffins) : Calories 177 Carbs 15 less 2 fiber=13 Protein 20
Blueberry Muffins (2 muffins) : Calories 158 Carbs 14 less 4 fiber=8 Protein 26
Pretty awesome!
I saved 5 carbs and got an extra 6g protein!
I paid 7.95 for the whole box incl shipping (makes 12) and all I have to add is egg whites and oil (I used sesame oil same nutritional value as olive oil) so thats like just over $1/meal!
I also tried out new hope mills pancakes/waffles and cut down the portion size to 1/4 cup mix and 1 egg with 1/2 tbs sesame oil and they tasted great with only 154 calories 6 carbs less fiber 3g total 3g, and had 21 g of protein.
With shipping it only cost me 7.45 for 4 servings for just under $2/meal.
I would highly recommend these as a restricted and they taste great. I am sooo planning on using these after the Ip program.
Wow that sounds fantastic! Wish I could eat gluten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txtrish View Post
I was wondering which Waldon Farms dressings y'all like?

I had trouble finding them--finally found some in the pharmacy at kroger. i got the Ceasar; i mixed my oil with it and some mrs. Dash and it was pretty good.

do they have a mayo? i am hungry for deviled eggs.

Txtrish
I haven't seen or tried the Ceasar but I like the Italian and Balsamic. I add just a splash of EVOO, a pinch of italian seasoning, and a bit of lemon juice to mine. I did not like the ranch or bacon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
TO TXTRISH B/c mayo is made with oil and eggs, I don't even bother buying mayo for deviled eggs or egg salad. I just mash up my 4 egg whites and 1 egg yolk, dice in some onion and celery, sprinkle some sea salt and pepper and drizzle a bit of olive oil into it. It is sooooooooo much tastier than mayo. Again, I've already got the egg so the only thing I really need for mayo is the oil.
That sounds great I will have to try that next time I need mayo.
natural girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
Thanks Kelly! For the past 3-4 weeks my losses have only been around 2-2.5 pounds at most. I was shocked to see the 3 because of that, the extra food over the weekend, and i weighed in later in the morning today than I usually do. I think because I'm getting so close to being under 200 my body has been freaking out a bit, and trying to hold onto the weight. I was completely shocked about the inches also. I knew I've lost inches but we had never totaled up all of them together. I agree, seeing other people's results is very motivating, especially when the losses slow down a bit. I think the bigger losses seen on this diet definitely spoil us a bit. When I have a lower loss I have to remind myself that down is down. It doesn't matter if it's 1 pound or 5 pounds as long as the scale is moving in the down direction!
AMEN to that!
doxigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Hi All

motvatedmomma...woohooo congrats onn achieving the challenge goal

Jordanna, we all have those moments. I got kicked out of ketosis for working out too hard, now that's frustrating because I didnt cheat but I dusted myself off and am figuring out how to excercise and run while not starving and not getting kicked out of ketosis. Remember how far you have come and how proud everyone is of you! Tomorrow is a new day! Your body is just adjusting and I bet next week you pull a great number

Trish..Welcome

Elizabeth...You are not going to be a bloated cow..you are going to look stunning and beautiful. Have a blast, take time out to drink in the moment with your FH and have a wonderful amazing honeymoon. Enjoy it all because its over too soon and then real life is back

CW>..wooohoooo congrats! i say go to phase 2, you are so close!

Have a great evening everyone! My new pic is of me and my 60 yr old mother after we finished our 5k run. She finished 39 out of 336 women in her age group on her first run. I finished 281 out of 543 in my age group. Not bad for our first race.
Thanks for sharing the picture. You and your mother are definitely an inspiration! You are both glowing with pride, as you should be!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #110  

I got a sample of the chicken soup today. Honestly, I did not think it was all that bad. I added a little extra water to thin it down. It was very filling. I did not have time, but I kept thinking I could have added some celery or other veggies just to add substance. I just wanted to let the other newbies that might be afraid to try the soup know that it really was not offensive.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

I've mastered the crepes! I make them so pretty now, and I'm very proud. While they're still in the pan and flipped once, I add WF Strawberry Jam and let it soak in. Then I fold them up and dip in WF syrup. They're so good!
QueenJumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Lost 4 lbs this week ! So I now 161 lbs . AHH one more lb and I would of hit 160 .That was my starting goal . Now Ive moved it to 150 . Taking longer to get these last lbs off. Im thinking Im ready to move to phase two . My coach says not till Im 5 lbs from my goal .Anyone have any comments on that . I am just ready to be in maintance phase . I think.LOL .
As others have said I thought I had read that 80% of goal was when you should start phase 2, that would have been 169.5 for you if you wanted to get to 150. It looks like you are planning on finishing out the week and starting Phase 2 next week, you'll do great.

Quote:
My new pic is of me and my 60 yr old mother after we finished our 5k run. She finished 39 out of 336 women in her age group on her first run. I finished 281 out of 543 in my age group. Not bad for our first race.
I admire you and your mom. Running is one of my goals but I'm not quite ready yet. I think when I hit 250-260 I can start running some. For now I am using my wii fit to develop more balance, strength, and flexibility.
want2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #113  

TO DOXIGIRL You've got the right attitude and the soups are so much better w/ a few chopped / diced veggies and maybe even an ounce of chicken. I think they are fabulous when you consider the nutrients you're getting and no "sugar alcohol carbs" like the bars have. I also liked that they were a nonsweet IP packet and having soup really added much needed variety. I often added extra water and some bloggers mentioned adding a bit of chicken broth, too. Adding onion powder, pepper, and other spices makes it even better!! Keep up the "I'm open for it" attitude. If you like the soup, you're on the right track.

Last edited by chimpchamp; 06-01-2010 at 09:20 PM.
chimpchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

I had trouble finding them--finally found some in the pharmacy at kroger. i got the Ceasar; i mixed my oil with it and some mrs. Dash and it was pretty good.

Txtrish
HI! I just got the WF Ceasar dressing and I really like it...I must remember to add some Olive Oil to it, as I don't think I have been getting enough fat in my daily eating.

This forum has been such a blessing, I do have a fairly good coach, BUT I have learned sooo much more from all of you, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

To all the Newbys...this is a great place to come for support and info...whenever I feel tempted I just come here and read for a bit then I get back on track. I am blessed to be doing this with my daughter (she is doing so great), we talk every day and boost each other up.

Jordanna, thank you for doing the summer 10lb challenge, you are much appreciated for all your time and wisdom you bring to us.
To all the rest of you that have been on IP longer than me, thank you for sharing your information, experiences and wisdom, to the rest of us those 3 things are invaluable!!!
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
TO BEVS Is breakfast the only change from Phase 2 to Phase 3? So in Phase 3, you'd be eating the recommended breakfast, 2 real protein source meals, and then an IP pack???? Plus all the recommended veggies, too?
That is correct. My phase 3 sheet also says that all vegetables are now allowed as well as all IP packets (nothing is restricted now). But Jordanna said in Canada IP says still no starchy veggies until phase 4.
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #116  

TO BevS Thanks, dear! I can see where starchy veggies like corn, potatoes, winter squashes, peas, lentils, etc. would be a no-no b/c of the high carb count.
chimpchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #117  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

Elizabeth...You are not going to be a bloated cow..you are going to look stunning and beautiful. Have a blast, take time out to drink in the moment with your FH and have a wonderful amazing honeymoon. Enjoy it all because its over too soon and then real life is back
Thank you, I was just down from seeing the pics but I will live ;-)

The dress does wonders, nothing like a lace up back. Love it!

Good for you and your mom running! I have never been a runner because of my bum knee but would like to.

HUGS

You are the sweetest always
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:

Txtrish
Hi, Txtrish, I make deviled eggs by mixing the yolks with enough Walden Farms honey dijon dressing to give them a good consistency. No salt or anything else. Then sprinkle with paprika. Easy and delish.

Quote:
Okay, I'd like to keep vitamin and nutritional supplements w/in my budget. I know the IP vitamins are terrific, but they are cost-prohibitive for me as are all the IP items now. Couldn't I just use a no-iron multi-vitamin (I realize there's a difference between capsules and tablets b/c of the heat and pressure used to form the tablet), a magnesium supplement according to the label doses, and a potassium supplement according the label doses.
Try ourhealthcoop.com. Buy their fish oil 1000 mg, their no-iron multi-vites, and their liquid calcium and magnesium capsules. I can't find anything comparable to IP's potassium calcium pills, but you can buy them from OurHealthCoop as well.

Regarding Phase 3:
Quote:
TO BevS Thanks, dear! I can see where starchy veggies like corn, potatoes, winter squashes, peas, lentils, etc. would be a no-no b/c of the high carb count.
Yes, and even in phase 4 (maintenance) we should confine our starchy vegetables to the evening meal--fats at lunch and carbs at dinner.
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:48 PM   #119  

My friends who's doing IP as well is just coming from a doc appointement.. He said that we dont need potassium at all... does anybody know why we need to take it with IP ?
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #120  

Thanks for the good deviled egg ideas. I had thought about oil, but didn't know if it would taste...oily I am going to try them a couple of ways over the next couple of weeks, using the great suggestions.

Someone mentioned the chicken soup: i like it. i used the broccoli and cauliflower steam bags (Birds Eye), poured the soup on top, added some sea salt and Mrs. Dash and it was good and also made a nice big bowlful.

I haven't tried the mushroom soup. Today i got pink lemonade and vanilla pudding for new tastes. i didn't care for the pudding texture when i first tried the chocolate pudding, but followed a suggestion on here to add more water, some ice, some stevia and I blended it in one of those bullet mixers and it made such a nice, thick rich chocolate drink.

I use the bullet mixer for everything; I am not crazy about the shaker jar, but it will be handy for travel.

I can't believe how many veggies my family of three goes through now! i need to restock--not a bad thing, I'm thinking

Txtrish
Txtrish is offline   Reply With Quote