day 3 of IP

• So, the first 2 days were relatively easy, but today I am STARVING! I was told after day 4 things get better, any thoughts?
  • Hi Lesgrace, I am on day 6 and I can tell you, for me, it did get better.
    I drink a lot of water and so far I have been satisfied.

There are a lot of very knowlegable ladies here that will be able to provide you with some tips but from someone just a days ahead from where you are,
    YES it does get better..
  • Quote: So, the first 2 days were relatively easy, but today I am STARVING! I was told after day 4 things get better, any thoughts?
    It will get better! during the first week some people have found it helpful to use 4 or even 5 of the Ideal Protein packets. I know you were probably told 3 but, during the first week ESPECIALLY the first 3 days, if it keeps you from cheating and gets you into ketosis it will be worth it to have a couple extra packets. DO NOT exercise during this week or next. Drink as much water as you can up to 4 liters a day. Have some hot herb tea, it will help relax the stomach and calm the hunger pain. This is just a process as your body goes "oh, I am starving! Better tap into my fat reserves!! " once you get past that the hunger goes away and the body says" COOL!! Lots of energy to be had here!" You will definately start losing body fat after you go through this stage.
  • I hope it kicks in soon- I am on day 3 too!
    I am hungry and irritable!
  • I am also on day 3 and so far so good. I hope it's this easy for the rest of the week. I hope I'm not jinxing myself.
  • Carla-
    When can I expect the brain fog from lack of energy and headaches to go away? I just don't feel good at all!
    Thanks for all your knowledge!
    Jesslev
  • The headaches, cravings, fatigue, and brain fog start to leave on day four. Remember, this is relative to the degree of "carbs" your body stored so it could go sooner for some and longer for others.

It is very very important that you are getting in your potassium and sea salt during this program and, especially so during the first days. If you are having persistent headaches try taking a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of salt in a glass of warm water as a drink or straight from your hand. The headache will leave in about 15 min or so if it is sodium related.

Some people do well adding an extra potassium tablet during the first 3 to 5 days but try the salt first.

The brain fog is a little more complex. Brain fog can be sign that you are developing leptin resistance. Leptin is produced by our fat cells (info discovered in 1995) and is involved in the signals of the brain and our ability to burn fat. As we become more toxic, more resistant to leptin, the signals shut down and we develop elevated leptin in the brain and the brain fog sets in. It is a lot more involved than that and I am still learning about the process BUT, it is correctable. It corrects differently with each person and relates to how toxic we are. The leptin also has a correlation to our bones and our thyroid health (something just being learned).

As you eliminate the sugars and processed products and hidden msgs, and hidden sugars, you will see a change in your brain function. You might try to take a few cups of brewed green tea a day. It has been shown to help, as an antioxidant, in detoxing. B vitamins and selenium are also showing impact on leptin.

Be patient but start expecting to feel different beginning day 4, again day 10, and so on. This diet rapidly changes body chemistry so much so that blood work taken for the same person has shown significant change in as little as 2 weeks. EACH PERSON is UNIQUE so EACH REPSONSE WILL BE DIFFERENT to some degree.
  • Thanks Carla- You are a wealth of knowledge-
    I am just fighting my way thru it! I hope to feel normal again soon!
    I think the headaches might be related to the fact that I was addicted to caffeine free diet coke for several years- Giving that up is killing me!
    Plus, there are several of the packets that I have not liked- Hoping to find one that can help make the diet doable!