Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #106  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I really don't want to use up posts on this thread BUT anyone in proper seattle area who knows where I can find Walden Farms products? any store they suggested on their website OR by phone does not carry it anymore. How come every other person can buy them but me

I also have noticed that both my scales have disappeard...I believe my kitty (BF) has hid them.
I live in Tacoma and I have found WF products at Fred Meyer, Safeway, and I think Top Foods. Usually shop at Freddies and they are located in the section with the diabetic foods, usually the same isle as the rice I think. At Safeway and Top they are mixed in with what ever type of item you are looking for (ie salad dressings with dressings, bbq sauce with bbq sauces, etc.). Our local QFCs have closed and I never shopped there. I'm not sure about Thriftway and Albertson's as they are way across town for me.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #107  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Thanks, usually boy friend cooks chicken as I don't like to touch a whole chicken (don't know why); his method has been popping an open beer can (full one) and putting in the chicken's hinney but I think I'll do it this way now. I think pulling back the skin before cooking is the trick.

YAY!

btw: I paid ~$10 for 2 nice juicey free range organic chickens! love sales.

another btw: I just added my cooked rhubarb to vanilla pudding...OMG OMG...I could have 5 more of that mixture! (that was my oh dear I need something or might pass out mean before I start worrying about dinner)
hahahahaha, that's what i ate my rhubarb with the first night and it was sinful

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
want2runI am so sorry for your loss.

Novak you look FANTASTIC!

mommaerinb where do you live at in Texas? We are planning a trip there this summer.

DD #2 had her bridging ceremony for Brownies on Saturday and each family brought a dish. I made brownies and there were some incredible dishes there but I never ate one thing. I volunteered to fill water and punch glasses to keep myself busy. Had to make a new hole on my belt this weekend too!
i live in austin, beautiful city, lots of shopping and lots of "interesting" people to say the least. we actually had a homeless drag-queen who struts his stuff around town in a bikini run for mayor...and he almost won!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
I had ordered the strawberry pudding and really was not thrilled with it. I thought it had a funny kind of fake taste to it so tonight I tried something different I made the strawberry pudding and added some cooked rhubarb with a little vanilla extract and cinnamon. The strawberry pudding is so sweet it did not need any splenda or stevia and it was a nice mix of the tart and sweet. Now I don't have to waste the strawberry pudding and I get some veggies in with my dessert. Pretty proud of myself right now.

i too hated the strawberry pudding, reminded me too much over driving past dairy farms in north texas. gave me a manure taste in my mouth almost, ICK!

Quote:
I really don't want to use up posts on this thread BUT anyone in proper seattle area who knows where I can find Walden Farms products? any store they suggested on their website OR by phone does not carry it anymore. How come every other person can buy them but me

I also have noticed that both my scales have disappeard...I believe my kitty (BF) has hid them.

i wish he'd come down to texas and steal it from my coach so i'd quit obsessively hopping on it everyday at work first thing in the morning (and after i pee, and after lunch), down .2 lbs from friday and i was bummed about it, come on erin! remember last week when you lost 4 in 2 days? gotta stop doing that to myself!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-24-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:45 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Wow...when did we move? It took me a minute to find us!!

Down 1.8 for the week and sooo happy I even did that well as I had a little too much to drink over the weekend.

Now time to start to get caught up on how ya'll have been doing.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 176.4/154.2/130

Height: 5'2"

I have a queston - I was makeing a sauce this evening to go over fresh fruit (actually it was creme anglaise) for a get together. It's made up of whipping cream, egg yolks and sugar (probably why I'm over weight) Anyway, I licked the back of the spoon and then the front of it too - OUCH! Am I going to throw myself out of ketosis? It wasn't a spoon full . . . just the spoon - probably a tsp., maybe 1.5 tsp. I know I'm not making much sense, I just don't want to ruin what I've done so far. Plus, someone posted about "resetting your pancreas" and it taking 6 weeks so I"m bound and determined to do that without a cheat. Shoot, I'm so mad at myself. Why did I do that? You know, at the time I say to myself . . Oh, no problem. Then afterwards, when I finally pull my head out of the sand I start freaking out!! Dang it.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #110  

Height: 5ft 8in

Day 1 on the IP diet! I recently lost about 30lbs, but with that went a lot of muscle mass as well. My doctor recommended I give IP a try to lose the rest of the weight without sacrificing more muscle. I have had a pounding headache and low energy since late afternoon, and overall I feel BLAH. I sure hope I get over this feeling quickly!

Any suggestions on what to eat as far as veggies on the go? I am a rehab therapist and see many of my patients in their homes. I am constantly on the go and don't always have access to a microwave/stove for lunch. Today I made a drink for lunch and had some Spring Mix with cucumber slices for my veggie. Does Spring Mix count towards the 2 cups of vegetables, or is it considered lettuce?
Old 05-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Wow...when did we move? It took me a minute to find us!!

Down 1.8 for the week and sooo happy I even did that well as I had a little too much to drink over the weekend.

Now time to start to get caught up on how ya'll have been doing.
WOW! what did you drink?? i may have to resort to a drink or two this weekend, i'm having a lot of stress at work with the other account managers i work with. did double the sales that they did working full-time and i only work 25 hours per week. i hate there being tension in the air at work with women that i respect so much, my boss told me today 'it's lonely being at the top".and that she thinks i'm doing fabulous-i still feel guilty. i think that quote fits into my weight loss goals too, i'm losing the weight that i never thought(and my friends and family probably didn't think) i could and keep getting "lectures" about being healthy and doing it "the right way". that's all i want is is to be healthy! i have had body image issues all my life and in high school and college was bulimic. i don't feel like IP is a diet, it's a way of life i'm training myself to enjoy and i just wish i could have the support in life that i get in here. OK, done with my sob story, long story short-having a bad week.

motiv8edmama, you tell me what you're drinkin'!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:21 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatBeef View Post
I have a queston - I was makeing a sauce this evening to go over fresh fruit (actually it was creme anglaise) for a get together. It's made up of whipping cream, egg yolks and sugar (probably why I'm over weight) Anyway, I licked the back of the spoon and then the front of it too - OUCH! Am I going to throw myself out of ketosis? It wasn't a spoon full . . . just the spoon - probably a tsp., maybe 1.5 tsp. I know I'm not making much sense, I just don't want to ruin what I've done so far. Plus, someone posted about "resetting your pancreas" and it taking 6 weeks so I"m bound and determined to do that without a cheat. Shoot, I'm so mad at myself. Why did I do that? You know, at the time I say to myself . . Oh, no problem. Then afterwards, when I finally pull my head out of the sand I start freaking out!! Dang it.
doubt very much so that it will throw you out, just don't do any restricteds tonight and if you keep count of your carbs-make sure that even with you little treat-you keep below 40. i've heard you can have 2 slices of bread(27 g of carbs) and eat no restricteds in a day and still stay in ketosis. i wouldn't recommend it BUT, my point is that i think you'll be fine

UglyDuckling i always count the spring mix as my "free lettuce". spring mix has lower carbs than romaine or iceburg and is high in vitamins. pop a coule ibuprofen for that headache hun!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-24-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
I live in Tacoma and I have found WF products at Fred Meyer, Safeway, and I think Top Foods. Usually shop at Freddies and they are located in the section with the diabetic foods, usually the same isle as the rice I think. At Safeway and Top they are mixed in with what ever type of item you are looking for (ie salad dressings with dressings, bbq sauce with bbq sauces, etc.). Our local QFCs have closed and I never shopped there. I'm not sure about Thriftway and Albertson's as they are way across town for me.
Thankyou! I called safeway closest to me and they don't have any. I checked freddies but couldn't find it, I'll go back again tomorrow and look way closer and see. Actually I might go to another safeway and check that one too. The albertson's closest to me is also a no, thriftway I am sure is a no as I shop there all the time. I think Freddies and other safeways are it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
hahahahaha, that's what i ate my rhubarb with the first night and it was sinful

i wish he'd come down to texas and steal it from my coach so i'd quit obsessively hopping on it everyday at work first thing in the morning (and after i pee, and after lunch), down .2 lbs from friday and i was bummed about it, come on erin! remember last week when you lost 4 in 2 days? gotta stop doing that to myself!
think he put it on his boat or storage unit GYM at my work is right across the street so I can always go there!

YES ERIN! stop obsessing! I am actually glad I don't have them as I would have been on them more than once already. My routine was once on the non-digital one, then on the digital one then step off, hold the 5 pound weight and repeat cycle to make sure. Sometimes I would force my kitten to step on it with me so to make sure. can you say NUTS! and I don't believe them anyway. BUUUUUUUUUUUUT the one at the GYM today said 142!! but i've seen that before and its been fake. Currently I must be 1420 because I ate so much spinach and cauliflower.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #114  

Thanks Erin! I'll see what the scales say tomorrow and the next day. Hmmmm, that would be scale hopping wouldn't it? Oh well. Thanks again
Old 05-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #115  

Quote:

think he put it on his boat or storage unit GYM at my work is right across the street so I can always go there!

YES ERIN! stop obsessing! I am actually glad I don't have them as I would have been on them more than once already. My routine was once on the non-digital one, then on the digital one then step off, hold the 5 pound weight and repeat cycle to make sure. Sometimes I would force my kitten to step on it with me so to make sure. can you say NUTS! and I don't believe them anyway. BUUUUUUUUUUUUT the one at the GYM today said 142!! but i've seen that before and its been fake. Currently I must be 1420 because I ate so much spinach and cauliflower.
LMAO, YES! i do crazy things like that too, i'll get on, it'll say 177.0(after my coffe and chocolate drink concoction), then i'll hop on again and it'll say 177.2, then i'll get on another 3 or 4 times to get "an average" HELLO! like it really matters that there is a 2 ounce difference at 11 am after actual food is in my body. *sigh*......

mmmmm...i love spinach, cauliflower-jeez am i the only one who gets a houseful of FUNK after cooking cauliflower? pita you're SO frickin' close to the 30's, i haven't been there since middle school

and fyi, i think you and i are the reason we've been going over lately! we get on at 10pm(CST) and just chat, hey this is a "chat forum" isn't it?

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-24-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #116  

Quote:
you will be fine and so sound like me at the begining yesterday I was making mac&cheese and well I put noodle in my mouth and it wasn't cooked, then in 5 mins I put another 2 in mouth to see and thats when I realized what I was doing. I spat it out and washed my mouth with vodka. but you'll be fine and vodka was a joke.

ERIN (forgot to quote your message). I am always stressed at work, hate to say it but its always the women who I like to ***** slap more than men; well except my boss and he is a man....I think.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #117  

EatBeef
No probelm! What part of KS are you in? My husband's entire family is from Paola, Osawatomie and Olathe. He was born in Overland Park, I LOVE the Kansas countryside

yes, pita, i could learn a thing or two from you...when did work turn into hig school all over again, hello CLIQUEiness! :P mmmmmmmm.....VODKA
Old 05-24-2010, 11:46 PM   #118  

Joke or not Pita, vodka is sounding pretty good right now. I'd much rather mess this diet up with vodka rather than creme anglaise! Good night Erin and Pita, I'll leave it to the two of you - LOL
Old 05-24-2010, 11:52 PM   #119  

Quote:
Joke or not Pita, vodka is sounding pretty good right now. I'd much rather mess this diet up with vodka rather than creme anglaise! Good night Erin and Pita, I'll leave it to the two of you - LOL
goodnight to you too, me and pita can TALK that's for sure
Old 05-25-2010, 12:01 AM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
goodnight to you too, me and pita can TALK that's for sure
am afraid tomorrow they will kick us out of here! regardless, I am a serious mood for ice cream, think it has to do with the very interestingly yummy vanilla shake that I had earlier.

speaking of Vodka, I have a new favorite one (well haven't had it for a while) but its called NOrth44, its made in Idaho and honestly its the smoothest one I have ever had! I tried the huckleberry one they had a while back and OMG you could have it on the rocks easy. Its cheap too, a fifth for something like $20.

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-25-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Closed Thread