Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Default First Weigh-In

Hello all!

Jordanna- Congrats!! The bras are definitely a good good investment!

PitaKitten - i'm spending memorial day at a friends house
(someone i havent seen in 2 years) and its going to be really hard, especially as everyone is going to notice that i dont really 'eat' anything!

Hope i make it through!!

Had my first weigh-in this Saturday, i lost 6 lbs and about 1 inch around my chest and about 1/2 inch around my waist. =(

Though i'm glad about the pound loss, im still not feeling it as the clothes and mirror dont show me the difference. I wish i was excited as every body else.Trying to keep my spirits up. Here is to a better inch loss next week!
Of course, i went shopping for accessories - im saving the clothes shopping for much much later as i have 2 big boxes of clothes i can fit into when im 20lbs less. Yes, i saved them...

Did anyone work out the first 2-3 weeks of phase 1? Is it better to atleast take a walk everyday aside from normal household chores?

Good luck all!

Last edited by r101; 05-23-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #32  

??? for justpeachycc and showgirlaz: aren't the ready to drink drinks the same as the powder form? There is an IP protein pack called "chocolate drink" and I thought the ready-to-drink tetra-pak chocolate drink was the exact same thing except that it was already made and ready to consume. I thought the same thing with the "cappucino" (or is it "mocha" drinks) I thought they were just available in powder form or ready to drink form.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Chimpchamp I am a ready to drink girl too. I have 2 a day and then a pudding I make into a drink/shake. The ready to drink are (to me) waaaaaaaay different in taste than the powder form. The chocolate ready to drink taste like creamy chocolate milk, and the vanilla is heavenly if you like that sorta thing I am not a huge fan of the powder ones, although lots of people do like them.

Showgirl!...thanks for the applause If you coach will let you, I would give the ready to drink ones a try, nice for a change for you I am sure. I cannot wait to fit into a bra that actually comes with matching panties...not in beige Carla....you really do look fantastic!

r101.. Great, great job for the first week! I did not do any extra exercise for the first few weeks, but I did start walking(not running) in the following weeks. As for saving my clothes in smaller sizes, the last time I was around this weight, banana clips were in, and everyone was desperate for a rubiks cube

Wanted2run....Yay for IP..and Yay for you!!!! Time for a quick mirror prance

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 05-23-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #34  

I tried finding something in my closet to wear today that wasn't jeans and there was only one pair of pants that fit and even they were loose. All of the other pants were too big, except the pair of capris I bought last month because they were cute and on sale and I knew that by the time I would need them in July I wouldn't be able to find them. Anyway, I went shopping. The pants I tossed from the closet were all 26 or 28. The pants I bought were 22 and I love the way they fit. My tops when I started IP were 26/28 and now they are 18/20. I Love IP!!
Old 05-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #35  

TO EATBEEF: I have not tried Lindora's Asian Dressing but I love mixing the Walden Farms Asian , Honey Mustard, others with a bit of olive or UDO oil, then adding sea salt and / or spices. I feel like I'm being treated to regular dressing!

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-23-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #36  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
Hello all!

PitaKitten - i'm spending memorial day at a friends house
(someone i havent seen in 2 years) and its going to be really hard, especially as everyone is going to notice that i dont really 'eat' anything!

Hope i make it through!!

Had my first weigh-in this Saturday, i lost 6 lbs and about 1 inch around my chest and about 1/2 inch around my waist. =(

Though i'm glad about the pound loss, im still not feeling it as the clothes and mirror dont show me the difference. I wish i was excited as every body else.Trying to keep my spirits up. Here is to a better inch loss next week!
Of course, i went shopping for accessories - im saving the clothes shopping for much much later as i have 2 big boxes of clothes i can fit into when im 20lbs less. Yes, i saved them...

Did anyone work out the first 2-3 weeks of phase 1? Is it better to atleast take a walk everyday aside from normal household chores?

Good luck all!
Consider taking a break the first 2 weeks while you adjust to the diet. THEN, exercise. I wish I had. I haven't exercised at all and my coach doesn't like for me too. HOWEVER, many of the women on here who have experienced the big losses are exercisers... Jordanna regularly rides her bike, CW walks 3miles a day, CarlaShea works out, I think Vicjul, and Elizabeth, and a few others are active exercisers too! My advise is keep it to low intensity exercise but definitely work it back in by the end of week two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
??? for justpeachycc and showgirlaz: aren't the ready to drink drinks the same as the powder form? There is an IP protein pack called "chocolate drink" and I thought the ready-to-drink tetra-pak chocolate drink was the exact same thing except that it was already made and ready to consume. I thought the same thing with the "cappucino" (or is it "mocha" drinks) I thought they were just available in powder form or ready to drink form.
No they are not the same. If you read the ingredients and the nutritional break down they are very different. The ready to drink are higher in both carbs and fat. They are still unrestricted items but they could be an issue if someone were VERY VERY carb sensitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
I tried finding something in my closet to wear today that wasn't jeans and there was only one pair of pants that fit and even they were loose. All of the other pants were too big, except the pair of capris I bought last month because they were cute and on sale and I knew that by the time I would need them in July I wouldn't be able to find them. Anyway, I went shopping. The pants I tossed from the closet were all 26 or 28. The pants I bought were 22 and I love the way they fit. My tops when I started IP were 26/28 and now they are 18/20. I Love IP!!
That is AWESOME!!!

It won't be long before you will be telling us you are dragging out the size 16s!!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #37  

MEMORIAL DAY!!!

Memorial day should be easy for those who are hosting a party but, for those who are faced with attending an event at another place here are a few suggestions:

Where possible, offer to contribute a dish or two to the party. Bring a nice salad and a side dish of veggies - veggie platter, pickle tray, roasted veggies (they are good cold with a little olive oil, vinegar, italian seasoning or mustard/lemon/thyme), a cucumber/tomato/raw onion salad in a vinegar and splenda dressing with a little fresh herbs like dill or basil, a tray of grilled veggies (asparagus, zucchini, mushroom, green pepper), deviled eggs, faux potatoes made with cauliflower or turnip... this can also be done as a cold salad, broccoli slaw, deviled eggs, a cold salad made of sliced chicken breast or sausage(chicken, turkey or pork in a specialty or italian style)mixed with grilled or saute veggies (green or red pepper, tomatoes, onion, zucchini, mushroom, yellow squash, brussel sprouts, asparagus, etc.), a tray of stuffed zucchini, green peppers, eggplant or mushroom; cabbage rolls, veggie "lasagne", fennel salad, zucchini and kale chips, mini sliders on portobello buns, lettuce cups or lettuce wraps - can be vegetarian, chicken, or chilled shrimp. The list goes on from there!

You should be able to eat most proteins but, to be safe take a cold bottle of water and a protein drink with you. If you can't find a protein appropriately seasoned, drink a drink.. it can be done fairly discreetly. Eat your salad and veggies and drink LOTS of water to avoid the desire for everything else.

TAKE AN EXTRA PACKET.. something you see as a "dessert" like item. Make sure it will counter a sweet tooth if you need to. If you are at a point you can have a restricted item like a bar take it. Or you can make the chocolate crepes into cookies or mini cakes. Maybe, make a dish or rhubarb! You could even off to bring it as a dish. Make 2 dishes one smaller low carb variety and one regular with a crumble top.

Take a small packet of sea salt with you to season your meal. Even take a small container (walmart carries a few things and so do tupperware or rubbermaid) of your homemade salad dressing. Take a small tub of WF french onion or ranch dip which you have doctored up with a little extra ranch flavor or onion flavor.. You can use it to dip raw veggie in.

If you need a drink you love: Take a pitcher of your own tea. A safe soda (if you are using them). A container of Sandy's mojitos or bahama drinks. A bottle of pelligrino and a lemon.

In general, the summer barbecue holidays should be very easy to get past. If you plan ahead, act with commitment, and don't let someone else opinions impact your decisions.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-23-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #38  

Height: 5'8"

Default The Dreaded Stretchmarks!

starting to notice little white stretch marks on the TOP of my thighs and on the insides of my legs..am i losing too quickly? i figured i wouldn't have to worry about them since i'm losing weight and not gaining but the more i've researched them, i guess you can get them when losing weight quicker than your skin can adjust-and i've lost about 5 inches from my thighs since starting 4 weeks ago. any thoughts or solutions? will they disappear or do i need to get some cream for them?

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-23-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 208/183/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking

So this is my first post, and I have been on IP for the last four weeks now. I hope to be really active on here, as I need the support of fellow ladies on this diet! I have lost a total of 18 lbs on IP but I have 33 more to go!! I am so excited though, I was able to start a pile of jeans, and am now able to fit into my size 33 Silver jeans again!! I also hope to put my ticker up soon!!!!

: 1 for each 5 lbs lost!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #40  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharms87 View Post
So this is my first post, and I have been on IP for the last four weeks now. I hope to be really active on here, as I need the support of fellow ladies on this diet! I have lost a total of 18 lbs on IP but I have 33 more to go!! I am so excited though, I was able to start a pile of jeans, and am now able to fit into my size 33 Silver jeans again!! I also hope to put my ticker up soon!!!!

: 1 for each 5 lbs lost!
welcome! you will find tons of support and motivation from the wonderful ladies on here. you're doing awesome so far, keep up the good work! i started 4 weeks ago too

congrats on the jeans-doesn't it feel amazing!?
Old 05-24-2010, 12:54 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
starting to notice little white stretch marks on the TOP of my thighs and on the insides of my legs..am i losing too quickly? i figured i wouldn't have to worry about them since i'm losing weight and not gaining but the more i've researched them, i guess you can get them when losing weight quicker than your skin can adjust-and i've lost about 5 inches from my thighs since starting 4 weeks ago. any thoughts or solutions? will they disappear or do i need to get some cream for them?
If they are white marks, they are old. You probably got them during a pregnancy. New stretch marks are purple. I have marks in those areas too. I am noticing mine are "disappearing" a little as I lose. If you are really worried you might try bio oil (available at CVS, rite aid, walmart) or extra virgin coconut oil. Both are supposed to create good results even with OLD stretch marks.

http://www.allaboutstretchmarks.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharms87 View Post
Welcome!! Great job so far. You will find a lot of support here!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:36 AM   #42  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
. Seems weird to think of being 60 and having a child graduating from high school.
My husband is 62 and watching his (only) daughter graduate from highschool in 2 weeks. Trust me--it is NOT too old. (although I would have thought that at 40 also!).

Quote:
. I wish I could, someday (crossing fingers) be small enough to get matching bra/panty sets. My bra is large enough they are hard to find in "CUTE" let alone matched. WHY don't lingerie manufacturers realize big boobs don't mean lacking in style???
I found a great place online called herroom [dot] com and they have lots of pretty bras in large sizes. And a great return policy: I can order 5-6, try them on and send back the ones I don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatBeef View Post
Curiosity, has anyone tried the Lindora Asian Dressing?
I have not, but I just had to say how much I LOVE your red cowgirl boots!

Also: re multi-repsonses
once you click on the reply button you can go in and edit down the things you are responding to, so the whole previous message is not repeated, just the sentence or two you want to respond to. Just be sure each quote begins with bracketQUOTEbracket and each quote ends with bracket/QUOTEbracket which is what tells the software what part to put in the shaded area.

Just came back from the much dreaded/anticipated dinner party. I walked in to see the appetizers with carrots and hummus, and homemade cornchips and guac...I stuck to the cucumber slices and sparkling water. And we had a fabulous chicken stew (which they made with no potatoes!). And while the rest had a gorgeous chocolate cake topped with clotted cream and fresh strawberries, I had a lovely cup of tea. Funny thing was, it all looked really attractive, but I did not crave eating it. Now that's a first!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:53 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
congrats on the BMI change too. i have a question you may be able to answer jordanna: my coach's weight watchers digital scale measures BMI and her scale shows 30%(started out at 34) bmi. my bmi calculations on the online calculators and on fitday are at 26.5, of course i'd prefer to believe those but how accurate are thse electrical current bmi scales??
Hi, Erin, I think you're confusing BMI with body fat percentage. BMI is a fixed amount on a chart based on your height and weight. It is not all that meaningful. Someone who is really muscular can have the same BMI as someone who is carrying a lot of fat and little muscle. Those scales you are talking about are measuring body fat percentage, and I don't think most of them are very accurate. Maybe the really expensive ones are though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Sad day in my world, my dear aunt lost her battle with cancer. She was a fighter, first diagnosed with breast cancer more than 20 years ago. It returned several years ago and she fought it in every way known. She is now no longer in pain, but that doesn't comfort me much.
I'm so sorry for your loss, want2run.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:45 AM   #44  

Default Ideal Protein Chat week of May 24 -30

New thread for the week! I hope everyone has a GREAT weigh in!

For all of us who have had small losses or stalls in the recent past or present, here is a quote to offer a new perspective.

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

Earl Nightingale

Also, here are the links to last week's threads:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...y-17-23-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...y-23-30-a.html

Link to home page with stickys for Recipes, FAQs, phases, and alternate ideas:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...arb-diets-227/
Old 05-24-2010, 02:46 AM   #45  

Link to the posts for week May 24 -30!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...ml#post3304930
Closed Thread