Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=Rocky Monarch;3302674]I'm in the "hate the soup" camp too, but here are two ideas:
1. boneless skinless chicken (breast or thigh), rinse and pat partially dry, pound really flat (like 1/2 ")
2. dredge them in the dry powder of chicken or mushroom soup
3. saute them quickly in olive oil
4. add a bit more of the protein powder and a little non-fat chicken stock, squeeze in some fresh lemon, toss in a few capers
Chicken picatta!

and you can use the "sauce" over your veggies the next day! (just need to adjust your other packets, so have only 1/2 for your bedtime, etc)

or
Use the soup as a base for cream of [fill in the blank] soup and puree the heck out of it with asparagus, broccoli, etc. Drizzle the top with some truffle oil and a sprinkle of water cress NUMMY!

Yummy! I am going to give those a try! Thank you
Old 05-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #467  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
Good evening everyone! Again, a big thank you to everyone for the support and advice. This is the end of day 4, so far so good. I think my husband is starting to waver a bit, he's a little tired of lettuce. I reminded him that it will not be forever until he can change things up a little. It will be a longer journey for me but I am committed to loosing this weight and keeping it off!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day

I had to laugh when reading your post. By the end of my first week my family was so sick of lettuce, and steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #468  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Soup dredge - very clever!

Good morning!

Love the idea of the chicken breast - would never have thought of that!
Old 05-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #469  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BevS and anyone else who might know-- I bought Designer Whey yesterday at Trader Joe's to have for emergenices while I am traveling next week for a few weeks. It seems really similar to my IP vanilla boxes- both have 100 calories, 4g fat with IP and only 2g with DW, both have 3g carb BUT IP has no sugar and DW has 2g.
What do you think? Is it ok to have the 2 grams of sugar? I don't think I will be using it very much.
Chaplains Wifey - Happy Anniversary. Congrats on going right back to the program. It couldn't be easy. Hope the 4 months fly by for you-- I've been on IP for 3.5 months and that time has flown. Your hubby will be home before you know it! And again. thanks to both of you and your sacrific for ALL of us!!!
Kelsey- My doctor said this morning that I should start doing free weights.
About 15 or 20 minutes every other day and to eat a small protein afterwards like a piece of turkey or 1/2 box drink. I have lost 2 lbs of muscle and she doesn't want me to lose any more than that. I have a program from Canyon Ranch. Just some simple exercises-- about 5 or 6 of them. It's pretty easy once you get motivated to do it.
Elizabeth I remember right before my wedding so very well. Enjoy every minute of it-- even the crazy realtives. My sister just about drove us insane. The
weekend before the wedding, my husband took me to The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Massachusetts to get away from her, the maid of honor! You've planned all of it for a long time. Be sure to just enjoy it.... when will you share all your plans with us???

I wrote this back on page 26. Bev, do you have any thoughts on the whey protein??

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-22-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #470  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Hi SylnieG,
I am inspired by your progress but was hoping that after being on the program for so long, you wouldn't get hungry and the amount of food would be enough. Are you hungry when you are tempted or do you crave carbs and food you can't have?
It depends on the day and of what I am eating... For example, if I eat the omelette for breakfast, sometimes I get hungry before lunch. Most of the time, it is carb or "illegal" food cravings. When it happens, I now am able to wait until the next meal or until the urge goes away. Hope it helps!

Last edited by SylvieG; 05-22-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #471  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
A lot of my weight is carried in my boobs! hehe I have the typical hour glass shape. It also helps that I have a very flat stomach. About five years ago I had a tummy tuck. I had 3 c-sections and no matter how hard I tried (worked out with a trainer 3 x's/week for 3 months) I couldn't get rid of the 'apron' of fat hanging off my stomach. I'm sure it weren't for that, I would still be a 12.
Lucky you with the hourglass shape!! I'm a pear, with sausage legs.... wish I had boobs.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:29 AM   #472  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BevS and anyone else who might know-- I bought Designer Whey yesterday at Trader Joe's to have for emergenices while I am traveling next week for a few weeks. It seems really similar to my IP vanilla boxes- both have 100 calories, 4g fat with IP and only 2g with DW, both have 3g carb BUT IP has no sugar and DW has 2g.
What do you think? Is it ok to have the 2 grams of sugar? I don't think I will be using it very much.
Hi, Tricia, Here's my thoughts. We were taught that any carb turns to sugar in your body, so as long as you keep your total carbs under 40 and net carbs under 30, you should be OK with that whey protein even though it has 2 grams of sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
It depends on the day and of what I am eating... For example, if I eat the omelette for breakfast, sometimes I get hungry before lunch. Most of the time, it is carb or "illegal" food cravings. When it happens, I now am able to wait until the next meal or until the urge goes away. Hope it helps!
Woo-hoo! SylvieG. Love the profile picture. You're looking great!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #473  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

has anyone tried sweetleaf stevia flavored drops? my coach was telling me about them. they seem a bit expensive but she said they are very good for flavoring any sort of thing. That way you really don't have to worry about sugar being added.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #474  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Tricia, Here's my thoughts. We were taught that any carb turns to sugar in your body, so as long as you keep your total carbs under 40 and net carbs under 30, you should be OK with that whey protein even though it has 2 grams of sugar.

Woo-hoo! SylvieG. Love the profile picture. You're looking great!

Sylvie, I don't know if it was you who said when you get the urge wait 30 mins or not but I have to tell you that it worked beautifully for me last night!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #475  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
L-Glutamine 500 mg capsules are GREAT for carb cravings! Take anywhere from 1-3 at a time (start with 1 for a couple days see if it works, if you are still having cravings add another until you get to a max of 3). Take them first thing in the morning, mid-morning, and mid-afternoon. If you were a high carb eater before IP chances are your body is low in chromium also. Together L-Glutamine & Chromium work wonders! You can add a 200 mcg tablet of chromium at breakfast, lunch and dinner and you should see great results within 3-5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
Lucky you with the hourglass shape!! I'm a pear, with sausage legs.... wish I had boobs.
Me too
Old 05-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #476  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Sylvie....you look awesome!!!! Love the pic
Stacerp....I have no boobs(and getting less by the day), so you know where my weight is!!! hence the size 12 pants and the medium top!!! The ones I get say EAS Advantage.
Erin...I am in a women's 12. I don't even try the 11/12 junior stuff anymore.
They really aren't my style anymore anyway.
I will be doing some shopping over the next couple weeks just so I have something to wear. We'll see what I can actually fit into. Every store's sizes fit different so I may get into a 10 somewhere!!!
Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #477  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
L-Glutamine 500 mg capsules are GREAT for carb cravings! Take anywhere from 1-3 at a time (start with 1 for a couple days see if it works, if you are still having cravings add another until you get to a max of 3). Take them first thing in the morning, mid-morning, and mid-afternoon. If you were a high carb eater before IP chances are your body is low in chromium also. Together L-Glutamine & Chromium work wonders! You can add a 200 mcg tablet of chromium at breakfast, lunch and dinner and you should see great results within 3-5 days.

Me too
a little "hint" for you supplement junkies ;-) L-CARNITINE will also help you get into Ketosis
Old 05-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #478  

S/C/G: 176.4/154.2/130

I have to say . . . I've been following all of you for about a month. Oddly enough, about the time I have a question it seems to be answered in this forum! I just want to say that each of you are unbelievable in your support for each other and your dedication to this crazy diet (which I love by the way) Jordanna - You are so special. For what its worth, I love what you are planning on doing with your money!! Bless you.
Thanks you all!
Old 05-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #479  

Default Onions

On my list of vegetables it says onions (raw only), Hot green onions---> Does this mean I can cook my green onions or do I still have to eat them raw too? I really miss onions in my meatloaf and what not.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #480  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
On my list of vegetables it says onions (raw only), Hot green onions---> Does this mean I can cook my green onions or do I still have to eat them raw too? I really miss onions in my meatloaf and what not.
Hi, Sheila, If what I understand from past forum discussions is correct, you can slightly cook, or wilt, your onions just to take the bite out of them. Be sure not to carmelize them. It increases their glycemic index. So if I'm making a mushroom/spinach/onion omelet, I saute the spinach and mushrooms for several minutes, then add the onions to the pan for just a minute or so. Then I remove the veggies from the pan and cook the egg until almost done before adding the veggies back to the pan. I would probably go ahead and cook the meatloaf with the onions too. They certainly don't carmelize in the meatloaf.

Last edited by BevS; 05-22-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Closed Thread