Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I hate the soups with all my heart. Take them back and do an exchange! I have done that twice now and seems like I have to do it again as they gave me the banana/pineapple drink which I also hate hate hate.

you can have any 3 packages that you want per day as long as they are NOT on the restricted items list.
I just get the boxes of seven I guess I didn't realize you can exchange. Is that everywhere or no? That would be awesome if I can because I am trying really hard to get this chicken soup down. I take the other soups are not that great either?? To bad we couldn't sample first. Seven packets is a lot when you don't like it
Old 05-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
I just checked the website. They sell protein shakes and such. Are these alolowed to be substituted. i looked them over and compared them to some of the IP products and most are identical in nutritional values and numbers.
Well, TX, I didn't ask my coach. I just took the bull by the horns and did it. It worked OK for me. The Lindora site has a lot of success stories to read about. I actually only ordered once from Ideal Protein after paying $300 for my quick-start package. That's when someone on this forum told me about Lindora. I told my coach I was using some substitutions to save money, and she seemed fine with it. She is a young, married mom still living at home with her parents to save money. She has still been supportive. Many coaches might not be though.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #423  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Well, TX, I didn't ask my coach. I just took the bull by the horns and did it. It worked OK for me. The Lindora site has a lot of success stories to read about. I actually only ordered once from Ideal Protein after paying $300 for my quick-start package. That's when someone on this forum told me about Lindora. I told my coach I was using some substitutions to save money, and she seemed fine with it. She is a young, married mom still living at home with her parents to save money. She has still been supportive. Many coaches might not be though.
I wish I could do that but I don't know how that would work. The chiropractor I go through just charges a flat $100.00 a week for three boxes, vitamins, and salt. I wish I could substitute to save money
Old 05-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #424  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

Thanks BevS so much,
What other products of theirs have you used safely (i.e. did not stop losing weight?). Would my rep/coach allow for products to be bought outside of her control? I mean they make a living out of this, don't they? I was speaking with this coach and asking questions from her about IP. By the middle of the conversaion, we figured out that it would take me an hour or more each way to go for weigh-ins and she was nice enough to give me the name of another coach closer to me (hence only the name and not the number) and she quickly said she had to hang up. Not that I blame her, she found out I had no economic usefulness for her and stopped caring. Now, a good rep would continue to help (especially since I was uncomfortable by then as well and wanted to not take any more of her time either) and I could have referred to her other friends living close to her. Some of us never learn.

Do you guys miss fruits? I have to go out of town tomorrow but am planning on seeing this other coach sometimes next week. Should I try reading the attached info on the sticky and buy from Lindora first?
BTW, does the soy from health food market have as much protein? I have in the past bought soy chips from them but it didn't have a lot of protein in it.

PQ
Old 05-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
I just get the boxes of seven I guess I didn't realize you can exchange. Is that everywhere or no? That would be awesome if I can because I am trying really hard to get this chicken soup down. I take the other soups are not that great either?? To bad we couldn't sample first. Seven packets is a lot when you don't like it
I have never heard a place refusing return. YES chicken soup is the worst, followed by mushroom and then leak. I couldn't eat the soup, made me gag to be honest.

7 of something sucky is a lot. I pick 21 of whatever I want, they obviously have to break the boxes to do that for me. Trust me, rest of the stuff is yummy...almost everything is good except soups AND the pineapple/banana drink. Go the the main IP website and pick whatever you want, write it down and then go them with your exchanges; $4 a pack is too much to throw away and you shouldn't suffer to eat something.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #426  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

Hey BevS,
How long have you been on IP? You lost 50 lbs and I know we are all different but was wondering.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #427  

Quote:
I have never heard a place refusing return. YES chicken soup is the worst, followed by mushroom and then leak. I couldn't eat the soup, made me gag to be honest.

7 of something sucky is a lot. I pick 21 of whatever I want, they obviously have to break the boxes to do that for me. Trust me, rest of the stuff is yummy...almost everything is good except soups AND the pineapple/banana drink. Go the the main IP website and pick whatever you want, write it down and then go them with your exchanges; $4 a pack is too much to throw away and you shouldn't suffer to eat something.
I am for sure going to try and exchange. Thank you so much for filling me in
Old 05-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #428  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

[QUOTE=RedMonkey;3301749]And some follow the protocol to an absolute T and still lose slowly. We are individuals and we must keep that at the top of our minds.

RedMonkey, you started 1 week before me and you're 3 lbs ahead of me, so I guess that makes me a slow loser too... I thought I was doing great.

Carla - your pictures are amazing!!! You look lovely!! Seeing them helped me stay motivated to stay true to the program!

I agree about the pictures being a major motivator! Keep 'em coming everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i'm averaging 4 per week exactly, today is day 28 and i am down 16 lbs on the dot
Way to go! You're doing great!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #429  

funny story:

I have 2 pints of ice cream in the freezer along with some dibbs. Boy friend is away for the weekend and being bored I just wanted to look at the dibbs is all (I swear) so I open the box up, the box is filled up with ice instead of ice cream and a note in there that just says "love you".

pretty cute I thought.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #430  

Quote:
funny story:

I have 2 pints of ice cream in the freezer along with some dibbs. Boy friend is away for the weekend and being bored I just wanted to look at the dibbs is all (I swear) so I open the box up, the box is filled up with ice instead of ice cream and a note in there that just says "love you".

pretty cute I thought.
OMG that is sooooooo funny!!!! Just wanted to look... we ate at Mimi's Cafe the other day and my salad came with a muffin, so i let my hubby choose the muffin for himself, but when it arrived I said hold on, and I picked it up brought it up to my face and inhaled as deeply as I could. Then I gave it back and said, "Okay, I just wanted to smell it" SO I believe you!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #431  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
OMG that is sooooooo funny!!!! Just wanted to look... we ate at Mimi's Cafe the other day and my salad came with a muffin, so i let my hubby choose the muffin for himself, but when it arrived I said hold on, and I picked it up brought it up to my face and inhaled as deeply as I could. Then I gave it back and said, "Okay, I just wanted to smell it" SO I believe you!!!
I think I know how to get him back, he recently quit smoking but has an "emergency" pack by his bed side table. I plan to empty it and put a note that says "love you too"

glad you believe me, rather have my butter scotch IP pudding anyways
Old 05-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #432  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I am still having trouble getting the premade vanilla drinks from my coach. Do I remember in the past that Lindora has the same exact drink? If so, which ones are they I don't want to order the wrong ones. I love the vanilla after its been in the freezer in a shallow tupperware for little while and gets all icey... yum!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #433  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
I wish I could do that but I don't know how that would work. The chiropractor I go through just charges a flat $100.00 a week for three boxes, vitamins, and salt. I wish I could substitute to save money
It probably wouldn't work for you if you really need the accountability of a coach. My coach told me from the beginning that I could do my own weigh-ins and measurements so after the first couple of times (their scale was cheap and weighed less than mine), I started doing it for myself and emailing the info. to her. I also go to their clinic for chiropractic care once a month and have been for the last couple of years so they're getting plenty of my money. Actually, it's money my insurance is paying them, but still...I have received most of my information from this forum anyway. If my coach would have had a problem with my ordering elsewhere, I would have just done it all on my own. I did pretty much anyway.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #434  

Quote:
Thanks BevS so much,
What other products of theirs have you used safely (i.e. did not stop losing weight?). Would my rep/coach allow for products to be bought outside of her control? I mean they make a living out of this, don't they? I was speaking with this coach and asking questions from her about IP. By the middle of the conversaion, we figured out that it would take me an hour or more each way to go for weigh-ins and she was nice enough to give me the name of another coach closer to me (hence only the name and not the number) and she quickly said she had to hang up. Not that I blame her, she found out I had no economic usefulness for her and stopped caring. Now, a good rep would continue to help (especially since I was uncomfortable by then as well and wanted to not take any more of her time either) and I could have referred to her other friends living close to her. Some of us never learn.

Do you guys miss fruits? I have to go out of town tomorrow but am planning on seeing this other coach sometimes next week. Should I try reading the attached info on the sticky and buy from Lindora first?
BTW, does the soy from health food market have as much protein? I have in the past bought soy chips from them but it didn't have a lot of protein in it.

PQ
Quote:
Hey BevS,
How long have you been on IP? You lost 50 lbs and I know we are all different but was wondering.

Hey, TX, I used the berry and strawberry creme smoothies, the cheesecake, the custard creme pudding with toffee bits, and the caramel nut bars as a restricted item. I also sometimes made a shake out of whey protein isolate and the Walden Farms chocolate syrup and made crepes using sugar free pancake mix and whey protein isolate that were about 3 1/2 net carbs or something like that. I started the diet on Jan. 5 and reached goal today. The first week I lost 6 1/2 pounds and the second week 3 1/2. After that it got less and less the closer I got to goal, but I never had a week where I didn't lose something, plus I always lost inches. When I started, my measurements were 44-41-44, with the waist measurement around the belly button and I was wearing size 16 in jeans. Today my measurements are 38-29-36 and I'm wearing a size 6 in jeans. I'm really not trying to convince anyone to go with substitutions. I'm just saying I did and it worked for me. I think Ideal Protein is way overpriced and they could do better by their clients. You might try starting out with a coach and go IP all the way and decide how much support you're getting there before you decide to do it on your own or not.

I was talking about soy nuts. As far as I know, they have the same amount of protein no matter where you get them. I don't know about the chips as I didn't use them.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #435  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
I am still having trouble getting the premade vanilla drinks from my coach. Do I remember in the past that Lindora has the same exact drink? If so, which ones are they I don't want to order the wrong ones. I love the vanilla after its been in the freezer in a shallow tupperware for little while and gets all icey... yum!
Hi, Kelsey, I have never used the ready-made drinks from Lindora, so I'm not sure, but here is the link to see what you think: http://shop.lindora.com/Vanilla-Read...VVviewprod.htm They are 4 for $10. There is no ingredient list to click on for this particular item. You'd probably have to call them to see what they are. Chaplain's Wifey orders them from New Lifestyle.
Closed Thread