Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #376  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

BevS and anyone else who might know-- I bought Designer Whey yesterday at Trader Joe's to have for emergenices while I am traveling next week for a few weeks. It seems really similar to my IP vanilla boxes- both have 100 calories, 4g fat with IP and only 2g with DW, both have 3g carb BUT IP has no sugar and DW has 2g.
What do you think? Is it ok to have the 2 grams of sugar? I don't think I will be using it very much.
Chaplains Wifey - Happy Anniversary. Congrats on going right back to the program. It couldn't be easy. Hope the 4 months fly by for you-- I've been on IP for 3.5 months and that time has flown. Your hubby will be home before you know it! And again. thanks to both of you and your sacrific for ALL of us!!!
Kelsey- My doctor said this morning that I should start doing free weights.
About 15 or 20 minutes every other day and to eat a small protein afterwards like a piece of turkey or 1/2 box drink. I have lost 2 lbs of muscle and she doesn't want me to lose any more than that. I have a program from Canyon Ranch. Just some simple exercises-- about 5 or 6 of them. It's pretty easy once you get motivated to do it.
Elizabeth I remember right before my wedding so very well. Enjoy every minute of it-- even the crazy realtives. My sister just about drove us insane. The
weekend before the wedding, my husband took me to The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Massachusetts to get away from her, the maid of honor! You've planned all of it for a long time. Be sure to just enjoy it.... when will you share all your plans with us???

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-21-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
My new goal is not just a number....I am determined to have lost enough that my little Mii on the Wii is no longer twice as large as my husband's AND the darn Wiifit stops saying "ohhhh" when I step on
That's a great goal!! I don't like seeing my Mii puff up like a blow fish when I WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERYL5 View Post
I have a question. I am in day 6, I know it seems soon to ask this but I am still very hungry usually around 4pm. What do you all use to get you over the hump till it is dinner time? Another question. How do you know when you are in ketosis?
I eat a lot of ice when I feel hungry. I get the crunch and it helps me get more water in. I also found Trident gum (cinnamon) that we can chew and that helps me too. Just hang in there and you will get over the hungry feelings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
So last night I was over at my parents for dinner and my dad told me to stop by my Aunt & Uncles because my grandpa who lives there hadn't seen my little guy in a while so I said I'd stop by on my way home.

I came in and my grandpa got up and gave me a big hug and told me how proud he is of me for losing so much weight and then he handed me something and I looked down and saw that it was a cheque for $2000!! I was so happy that he was so proud of me that I cried for a moment and thanked him profusely. I put the cheque down on the counter and continued with my visit with my aunt, uncle and grandpa.

I went to go pack up the little guy to go home and I grabbed the cheque and went to throw it in my wallet (I'm notorious for misplacing cheques) and realized it was a cheque for $20,000 not $2,000.

Oh my gosh - my grandpa wrote me a cheque for $20,000 for losing weight!
THAT'S AWESOME!!!! What a great incentive! I agree with everyone else you should definitely use that for new clothes. You deserve it!

I have decided to take a break from IP for about a week and half. I have way too much going on and don't feel like I'm able to give it 100% like I want to and need to. I don't plan on going crazy during that period and eat anything I want so I'll probably do some form of maitanence. I leave for Chicago next Thurs and when I return I will devote myself 100% to IP! I'm sure it will be easy for me to get going again since I know that it works.
WI#3 today: only down 1.1lbs. Not really sure why it was so low as I haven't cheated but hey its still a loss so I'll take it! I also lost 3.5". 2 of those in my hips!

Last edited by penguin0199; 05-21-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=Chaplains wifey;3301549]Today is my 16th wedding anniversary . James and I have been togther for 21 years .We dated for 5 years before we got married . Really mssing him today .I am back down the weight I gained while he was home . Now to get done and at my goal weight .

Happy Anniversary CW!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Here's what I found on Edamame!
Here's what you'll find in a half-cup serving of shelled edamame (or 1 1/8 cup edamame in the pods):

* 120 calories
* 9 grams fiber
* 2.5 grams fat
* 1.5 grams polyunsaturated fat (0.3 grams plant omega-3 fatty acids)
* 0.5 gram monounsaturated fat
* 11 grams protein
* 13 grams carbohydrate
* 15 mg sodium
* 10% of the Daily Value for vitamin C
* 10% Daily Value for iron
* 8% Daily Value for vitamin A
* 4% Daily Value for calcium

Seems like a lot of carbs, but when I was In Curves program we would subtract the # of fibre from the carbs so it would be only 4 carbs then!! Anyone heard of doing that??
Hi, JE, I checked out a few sites and they were all different. Most of them had 1/2 cup of shelled soybeans at about 5 net carbs and 3 to 5 grams of fat. The problem with that is we are supposed to eat 2 cups of veggies and usually I only have about 4 net carbs with the whole 2 cups. Plus the fat is kinda high. So, I guess I would have to go along with my regional rep and not have them on Phase 1 or 2. However, I reached goal this morning and all veggies are permitted on Phase 3, which I started today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
BevS you are only 1 lb away from goal... WOW way to go. Are you stil doing phase 2? I know you alter your plan, but when will you switch over to PH 3 & Ph 4? Keep up the great work!

I was happy that I lost 3.25 this week with TOM lurking... My next goal is 5 lbs away and it is by next Friday, so this is gonna be a tough week for me. I really don't know what more (or less) I can do. But I want to make it to 30 lbs by my son's graduation! Perhaps I should join my old mii self and hear her groan!!!
Thanks, Kelsey. I actually reached goal today at 134.8. So I'll be in Phase 3 for the next 2 weeks, then on to Phase 4. I can stop being so grumpy now.

You're doing great! You're actually losing faster than I did. I didn't alter the plan too much. I just used Lindora shakes, puddings, and bars that compared most closely to IP's products (didn't eat ones with aspartame either). Oh, yeah, and I made my own crepe recipe with fewer carbs than IP's.

Quote:
So last night I was over at my parents for dinner and my dad told me to stop by my Aunt & Uncles because my grandpa who lives there hadn't seen my little guy in a while so I said I'd stop by on my way home.

I came in and my grandpa got up and gave me a big hug and told me how proud he is of me for losing so much weight and then he handed me something and I looked down and saw that it was a cheque for $2000!! I was so happy that he was so proud of me that I cried for a moment and thanked him profusely. I put the cheque down on the counter and continued with my visit with my aunt, uncle and grandpa.

I went to go pack up the little guy to go home and I grabbed the cheque and went to throw it in my wallet (I'm notorious for misplacing cheques) and realized it was a cheque for $20,000 not $2,000.

Woo-hoo! What a nice grandpa you have! And you deserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Today is my 16th wedding anniversary . James and I have been togther for 21 years .We dated for 5 years before we got married . Really mssing him today .I am back down the weight I gained while he was home . Now to get done and at my goal weight .
Happy anniversary, CW! You seem so happy with each other!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

WOWZA! That would have been good modivation to start a diet a while back if you knew the payoff was so large! I've got to tell you, I'm going home to see my family this weekend, and I have a feeling I'm going to just not be as happy my Grandm a when I see her.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:46 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Tricia:

how did you know you were loosing muscle and not fat?
Old 05-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #382  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Question for deinekatze...

I've started working out again at Curves, making sure I stay in the 60-70% range. Why the heck do my arms hurt during and then for awhile after the workout?!
It is the lactic acid. I think if you increase your calcium intake, it should help move it out of your body more quickly. I used to do a lot of weight training and it worked for me.

Quote:
We'll all be looking forward to updates on the rewards you give yourself---we can live vicariously through you. Hmmm, shoes first? or the full "day of beauty" at a spa? a weekend at a cabin retreat? Whatever it is, you deserve it!!!

CW: I have you and your family in my prayers today. My husband (who was a Russian citizen at the time) got trapped in Russia for 4 months during the 1st Chechen war. I know the hardest part is the "not knowing" what is happening. You and he are making a huge sacrifice for our country and your faith, and all of us thank you for it.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #383  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Tricia:
how did you know you were loosing muscle and not fat?
One of the reason's I like to go to the doctor where I get my IP is because they have that fancy scale. You hold two long arms and stand there a minute or two while it does it's calculations. I have lost 30.9 pounds of fat and 2 pounds of muscle. The rest of the 40 pounds is water loss. Kind of cool!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-21-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #384  
Started IP 3/11/2010

S/C/G: 180/130/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

It all comes down to how fast you want to lose the weight...some people are happy to lose more slowly but drink pop and eat cheese & nuts, some people stay 100% to protocol and lose quicker...
And some follow the protocol to an absolute T and still lose slowly. We are individuals and we must keep that at the top of our minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
The obsessing part may also be a factor, if it's creating undue stress. I think it's really healthier not to compare your losses to others, or beat yourself up if you don't show significant progress for days or even weeks... though I know it's hard not to see the losses you want to see. You are doing all the right things, and as long as you are in ketosis and cranking through the process, you will get there.
I second that obsessing can affect you. I found that my constantly comparing myself to others made the whole process more difficult. Why when I am so strict and diligent was I not losing as fast as the people who cheat all the time? I found that it made the mental part of IP so much harder. So even though I was consistently losing I was being way too hard on myself, constantly questioning where did I go wrong. I had to limit my time on 3FC for this reason - my obsessive personality was just taking over. Now I come on read everyone's NSV and their receipes and take their lessons learned.

Keep going! You are doing great! Look to Jordanna and Novak whenever you struggle they are inspirational
Old 05-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Hi,

I had a few questions - i am in week1 of IP and every time i drink one of the protein drinks/mixes my stomach makes weird noises, sort of like hunger growls just after. Very embarrassing! It subsides after about 20 minutes. anyone else notice/experience that? I hope it stops after a while and my body gets used to the food.

I was eating very low carb before the diet, so i didnt really feel the impact of the first few days on the diet much. But i have not been regular after the first 2 days. I have been taking CALM, but not sure if its more because i dont get enough lettuce in? i do manage to get my 3.5-4 cups of veggies in though. Hope it clears up as i have a WI tomm and i hear that it can set you back a bit! Anyone with any tips on getting over it? I did try drinking my coffee this morning with stevia and some skim milk to try and help things along. I do drink about 90oz of water per day.

Also, for anyone trying the soups - i tried the leek soup with some Indian 'Chicken Curry masala' powder (the brand was MDH- you can get it at an indian grocery store)that i had and it tasted pretty decent after that. I ate the mushroom soup previously with just salt and pepper and it was horrible(for me!). I like the vanilla pudding and chocolate drink mix best, but figured i should have another non-sweet packet to mix things up a bit!

Carla - your pictures are amazing!!! You look lovely!! Seeing them helped me stay motivated to stay true to the program!

HateUserNames - i have a recipe for frozen okra, it uses a few indian spices. But you can get away with just using one overall indian spice like a 'chicken curry masala powder' and some salt. It just needs to be cooked for quite a while on a medium flame with some stirring occasionally so that they dont get charred. I'll try to write out the recipe tonight if anyone is interested!

Addy - hang in there. I'm at the end of week 1 and it gets easier as you go along. you dont have to keep referring to your sheet as much, you figure out the packets you like and your weigh in/measurements will be the inspiration you need to keep pushing you to the next week.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #386  

Question about vitamins: I have been on IP for almost six months and have taken my vitamins regularly. On occassion, if I forgot to eat at the same time that I took them, I would get a stomach ache. For the past week, no matter how I take them (with, before, or after food), I have gotten such intense abdominal pains that all I want to do is curl up into a ball and go to bed. This morning it was so bad I thought I was going to throw up (thankfully I have taken today off of work and also thankful that I didn't as I hate throwing up). Has anyone experienced this? I know that I need to take these supplements to provide my body with what it needs, but does anyone have suggestions? Everything I am taking is IP brand except my fish oil capsules. (multi-vit, cal/mag, cal/potassium, enzymes, fish oil)

CW--Happy Anniversary

Jordanna--What a special gift from your grandpa.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:29 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Where are you guys finding the Walden Farms dressing? My local Whole Foods didnt have it. Trader Joes maybe or online on Amazon?

Does anyone have any recommendations? Are we allowed an unlimited amount on salads ?
Old 05-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #388  

I have couple of questions.
I really struggle with the vegetables that are permitted on this diet. Most of the veggies I like are on the no no list. I have been eating a ton of spinach salad, and I am ready for something new. My coach recommend pureeing some veggies and making some sort of soup. Does anyone have a yummy recipe? I've looked through the recipes and couldn't find what I am looking for.

Also, my coach says that most women average 3-5 pounds per week. From looking at most of the stats it looks like most women are closer to 3. While I know we are all different, I'm just wondering if any of you out there are averaging 5 pound per week.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:46 PM   #389  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
It is the lactic acid. I think if you increase your calcium intake, it should help move it out of your body more quickly. I used to do a lot of weight training and it worked for me.
Thanks, this is very good to know! I will try taking a couple of the cal-mag earlier in the day to see if it helps. Right now I take all four them an hour or so before I go to bed.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #390  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Question about vitamins: I have been on IP for almost six months and have taken my vitamins regularly. On occassion, if I forgot to eat at the same time that I took them, I would get a stomach ache. For the past week, no matter how I take them (with, before, or after food), I have gotten such intense abdominal pains that all I want to do is curl up into a ball and go to bed. This morning it was so bad I thought I was going to throw up (thankfully I have taken today off of work and also thankful that I didn't as I hate throwing up). Has anyone experienced this? I know that I need to take these supplements to provide my body with what it needs, but does anyone have suggestions? Everything I am taking is IP brand except my fish oil capsules. (multi-vit, cal/mag, cal/potassium, enzymes, fish oil)
I to have this issue. So I checked the labels, cause I have many allergies. I only have major stomach aches in the morning when I take the cal/potassium and on the label it said to stop taking it if you get any opdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or gastro-intestinal bleeding occurs.
So I stoped using it and now no problems. Not sure what was wrong, but I know that anything "carbonate" is not good for you as your body can't property digest. It is hard on your system. It has calcium carbonate from oyster shells. Weird?
So I went to get the same thing from my friends vitamin shop and got better quality that doesn't make me sick.
I would stop one and see how you react. It could be a different pill that doesn't agree with you.
I know a few years ago I was taking a new multi-vit and didn't look at the label. After a few days I was having major chest pains, and was having a hard time breathing. I finally thought, this is not right. I looked at the label and found there was capsicum in it like from bell peppers. I am deathly allergic to these and stopped the pills immediatley. I got better within a few days.
Good to check everything out!
Good luck and hope you can figure it out!
Closed Thread