Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 11:49 PM   #346  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Regarding edamame, my coach told me it's off limits. If you google the carbs in edamame, I think you'll find it's way too high to work on the Ideal Protein diet.
i have been doing edamame for 4 weeks and have lost well. i eat it 3-4 times a week, but usually it's about a half cup at a time bc its so filling, not sure if that's made the difference..

a cup of COOKED soybeans has 19 carbs, 7 of those being fiber(insoluble in the body) so a cup actaully has 12 g of net carbohydrates. the percentages are close to 33/33/33 on carbs, fats and protein which makes it almost a perfect food. asparagus, mushrooms and okra contain almost 70% carbs..idk.

CG those wii miis are BRUTAL aren't they?!

cheryl just have your after dinner pack then
instead

HOLY BANANAS! webster's dictionary states: soya: n, the soybean. it's on the list of ok foods, obviously some coaches aren't up on their vocabulary. my coach ok'd it and it's on the list of approved vegetables so i'm going with it. soya is the term possibly used in europe or canada?

now the other definition for soya: is a Japanese museum ship that previously served as an icebreaker and patrol boat

...but i doubt they would allow us to eat 4 whole cups of boat a day, too many carbs

and tofu is not a vegetable it's the curds of soy milk, which of course is made of soy and what most of the IP foods contain as well.

on another topic, DK, could you recommend some good low impact workouts for the dreaded back fat around the bra hooks? weight is falling off everywhere else but there!

hatesusernames
okra is so yummy, i brown cut frozen okra in a pan with a little olive oil and salt and pepper, i prefer it a little brown-gives it a crispness that i prefer to the gooey texture if it's just boiled or nuked.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-21-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Rocky Monarch - I was wondering if my aunt was your coach but I guess not. Her name is Jan Kelley and she operates an IP Clinic in Beaverton as well as 3 curves locations in the Beaverton area. I already met someone on here who had her as a coach and worked for her at the clinic. Crazy!

Last edited by ckanable; 05-21-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:19 AM   #348  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Good evening all, Thanks for the encouragement! This is the end of day 3 for me and it was MUCH better than day 2! I am sure by the weekend I'll be over the hump and into thr grove. After doing some more reading, I discovered i have been taking my vitamins incorrectly. I have been taking them all in the morning at breakfast. I just thought I would get them all out of the way.
With the adviced from this bord, I feel much more informed about the plan.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
Old 05-21-2010, 04:41 AM   #349  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
I can't let this one get by me without saying - PERFECT analogy! I love it. You are my goal weight!!! I can't wait to get there. Do you have any before and after pictures? I'd love to see them. Thanks for this!
I'm a little shy about photos (though I shouldn't be anymore, I guess) but I'll see what I can do...
Old 05-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I'm a little shy about photos (though I shouldn't be anymore, I guess) but I'll see what I can do...
Hey, Novak, How's Phase 3 going? Looks like you're continuing to lose. That's comforting to know.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Ketone Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
If I'm really hungry, I try to have lettuce first and as a last resort, more protein or an IP pack. As for Ketosis, I go to thepharmacy and get Ketone strips that can detect ketosis in your urine.

By the way, I use them WAY too much. I'm obsessed.

Wow! I had no clue you could get Ketone Strips. I will have to look for those. Thank you for sharing that
Old 05-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Regarding edamame, my coach told me it's off limits. If you google the carbs in edamame, I think you'll find it's way too high to work on the Ideal Protein diet.
Here's what I found on Edamame!
Here's what you'll find in a half-cup serving of shelled edamame (or 1 1/8 cup edamame in the pods):

* 120 calories
* 9 grams fiber
* 2.5 grams fat
* 1.5 grams polyunsaturated fat (0.3 grams plant omega-3 fatty acids)
* 0.5 gram monounsaturated fat
* 11 grams protein
* 13 grams carbohydrate
* 15 mg sodium
* 10% of the Daily Value for vitamin C
* 10% Daily Value for iron
* 8% Daily Value for vitamin A
* 4% Daily Value for calcium

Seems like a lot of carbs, but when I was In Curves program we would subtract the # of fibre from the carbs so it would be only 4 carbs then!! Anyone heard of doing that??
Old 05-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #353  

Soybean...one little word eh. I live in Canada and to be honest, I have fields of it all around me! All soy products start with the bean. Processing of the bean to tofu, milk, curds, oil etc?? Better than the bean itself?? I can always try tofu I guess. I do not eat processed meat. All of my meat comes from the farmers! Yeah! So any lunch meat for me is a no no.... Now I am not saying stay away from processed foods, kind of hard to do right. But you know I even read the labels of decaf items. How are things decaf? Look at your labels you will be surprised.

I will ask my coach. I am sure she will also question it if she doesnt know the answer. I love it...the fiber in it is awesome especially for those who get a little constipated.

This forum is absolutely awesome! I love it. Learning a lot each day.

It is the long weekend here....Victoria Day. Next weekend is Memorial Day in the States which I also celebrate, as I am a US citizen living in Canada.

Toodles for now,
Old 05-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #354  

Oh My Gosh!! Had such a bad day yesterday, don't know what was up....but ended up having not 1 but 4 restricted IP foods...this morning the scale showed up 1 lb .... will get back on the straight and narrow today. Reading all the posts here are such inspiration and support.... and I SO WANT TO BE IN ONEDERLAND
Have a great day everyone !!!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:35 AM   #355  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Here's what I found on Edamame!
Here's what you'll find in a half-cup serving of shelled edamame (or 1 1/8 cup edamame in the pods):

* 120 calories
* 9 grams fiber
* 2.5 grams fat
* 1.5 grams polyunsaturated fat (0.3 grams plant omega-3 fatty acids)
* 0.5 gram monounsaturated fat
* 11 grams protein
* 13 grams carbohydrate
* 15 mg sodium
* 10% of the Daily Value for vitamin C
* 10% Daily Value for iron
* 8% Daily Value for vitamin A
* 4% Daily Value for calcium

Seems like a lot of carbs, but when I was In Curves program we would subtract the # of fibre from the carbs so it would be only 4 carbs then!! Anyone heard of doing that??
Using Net Carbs I believe is also what Diabetics do....Yes I have heard of that. The Fibre 35 plan talks about Net Carbs. Interesting read.

Last edited by Frannie57; 05-21-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #356  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Oh My Gosh!! Had such a bad day yesterday, don't know what was up....but ended up having not 1 but 4 restricted IP foods...this morning the scale showed up 1 lb .... will get back on the straight and narrow today. Reading all the posts here are such inspiration and support.... and I SO WANT TO BE IN ONEDERLAND
Have a great day everyone !!!
You have the absolute right attitude for having a slip. It happened, but today is a new day and the sun always shines! You Can Do This!!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #357  

PS....also woke up with a headache this morning, could it be from the extra carbs in the restricted items that caused it??? If so one more reason to NOT cheat even though it is an IP food. We learn something new every day don't we!!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #358  

Frannie57: Thank you for your encouraging words...I think maybe I am going to have to start going for walks when those little hunger attacks happen. Also I didn't have a salad at lunch time, just my 2 cups of veggies, so will have to remember that also. Yes today is a new day and I am still 24lbs lighter than I was 5 weeks ago soooo here's to IP!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 05-21-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:13 AM   #359  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannie57 View Post
Ok if edamame is off limits----What is the soya listed for the veggies?? any one know....
it's soy sauce
Old 05-21-2010, 09:31 AM   #360  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post

on another topic, DK, could you recommend some good low impact workouts for the dreaded back fat around the bra hooks? weight is falling off everywhere else but there!
Sadly there is no way to target weight loss... the weight has to come off everywhere... you can tone it up a bit and focus on those muscles.

Do you go to a gym?

Rowing exercises are great for working your upper back and these moves counteract everyday slouching. When doing rows, most folks think of squeezing their shoulder blades together. Instead of thinking solely of the movement coming from your back, initiate the movement from opening your collar bone, aka your clavicle. This detail helps open the chest a bit more, allowing the upper back muscles to engage more deeply.

Here is a video to do bent over rows... be sure to keep your back flat at all times!!!
http://www.ehow.com/video_2359400_ho...er-rowing.html

Also One arm bent over row
http://www.ehow.com/video_2359399_ho...ll-rowing.html

The other one to do is the Lat Pulldown excercise
http://weighttraining.about.com/od/t...s/pulldown.htm
Closed Thread