. Don't you just LOVE IP???????????
Way to go Tricia!!! I'm proud of you!
Old 05-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
chimpchamp
why is it OK to go off protocol for pork rinds but not a sucralose containing soda? ip contains lots of sucralose so i am just wondering...are pork rinds on the list?

and not to be naggy but it seems that there are a lot of harsh words today about people questioning certain foods. i have screwed up once by drinking alcohol but i have also lost almost half of my desired weight in less than 4 weeks. i ask questions on here for friendly advice not a firestorm of "oh no you shouldn't haves"

in my honest opinion-i say look at the calories and ingredients. pickles are ok, so pickeled okra should be OK too, they haven't affected me, and i would say the same goes for a few olives here or there in moderation.

squash is not a food listed on "the list" but the carbs, fat and calories are almost IDENTICAL to zucchini. my coach has advised the that "the list" is a short list of acceptable foods and that there is no way that there could be an entire list of every acceptable vegetable on the planet.

research your foods! and make educated choices about what you put in your mouth-you WILL lose the weight if you follow the plan and makes educated food choices.

Have a fabulous day everyone!!

come to think of it, I too have lost almost half the weight I wanted to loose (mostly water weight probably). BTW shallots are not on the list either but are allowed and wish I could find pickled okras, havent yet but bought pickled asparagus last night! YUMMY

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-19-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 173/156/125

Height: 5.2

Hi everyone I am new to IP and dont know much about foods. I was wondering if anyone knew if we can have polish bigos (hunter's stew)? i know it has tomato paste but other than that its just cabbage, sauercraut and sausage and meat scraps, well ... and some seasonings I guess I feel so guilty bc I had some and now Im worried it will push my weigh loss back by days

Also congrats to all of you who did it!!! You are a true inspiration it shows us it can be done!!!

btw how do you add that tracking tool for your weight loss?
Old 05-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #199  

Thanks to all the strict, stick-to-protocol IPers as well as all of you who modify! I love the commitment and tenacity of the the "strictly protocol" folks who I can count on for the specific, exact info as well as the flexibility of those who need or want to modify for whatever reason. I know IP at the heart is to be adhered to exactly and that's why so many are losing the fatty inches. Great to hear from those who have tried WW, Atkins, and others, too!
Old 05-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #200  

I'm having a hard day... Wednesday's seem to be hard for me, which is odd. Last Wednesday, I was stressing over our house sale and ate 3 IP bars (felt sick after), then today I'm stressing over 'who knows what' and I ate 2 puddings (I feel soooo full - seriously). I'm done all my packets and protein consumption for the day, and it's only 2:30. I guess dinner will be a HUGE salad with my veggies.

Just having a really emotional time in my life: house is still for sale AND I'm unexpectedly emotional about weaning my 17-month-old (I'm sad because I know that she our last child (hopefully) and it's a closing-the-chapter-thing)...

hmm... weaning causes hormones to go crazy (and you become incredibly fertile (I know this for a fact as this is how I became pregnant with our second child)), and I remember someone saying that IP also changes your hormones.... the next few days should be fun.

Anyone have any tips on getting my sanity back so I can stop crying?

(sorry for talking about weaning a lot, but it's just on my mind and I don't have a lot of other people to talk to about this)
Old 05-19-2010, 04:56 PM   #201  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post

I'm having a hard day... Wednesday's seem to be hard for me, which is odd. Last Wednesday, I was stressing over our house sale and ate 3 IP bars (felt sick after), then today I'm stressing over 'who knows what' and I ate 2 puddings (I feel soooo full - seriously). I'm done all my packets and protein consumption for the day, and it's only 2:30. I guess dinner will be a HUGE salad with my veggies.

Just having a really emotional time in my life: house is still for sale AND I'm unexpectedly emotional about weaning my 17-month-old (I'm sad because I know that she our last child (hopefully) and it's a closing-the-chapter-thing)...

hmm... weaning causes hormones to go crazy (and you become incredibly fertile (I know this for a fact as this is how I became pregnant with our second child)), and I remember someone saying that IP also changes your hormones.... the next few days should be fun.

(sorry for talking about weaning a lot, but it's just on my mind and I don't have a lot of other people to talk to about this)
pookee! my heart goes out to you, i too have been throught the hormones of weaning, just know that you have support here and ask anyone, this may be called an IP chat but we all talk about other areas in life that are bothering us and our bad days too. just keep your head up and when you fall off and eat two puddings, OH WELL, get right back up and keep going! you can do this

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-19-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 301.11/290/169

Height: 5'11"

Hi! I'm new to 3fc, and I've been on IP for one week 2 days now, and I'm down 10.3lbs. I feel great and I'm super stoked about this!! Thank you all for your encouraging comments and uplifting thoughts!! I'm so glad I found 3 chicks!!

I'm not sure who it was...but someone was asking about a soda that was 0 everything, and I just wanted to say even if it's all 0s it's still carbonated. My coach had me go off cokezero (again - 0 everything) because on IP we want to be alkaline, and carbonation throws that off. I'm not sure if that means anything to you, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #203  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Hello ladies,
Most of you seem to be doing great. I have been reading all the old posts (all original 28 screen pages) and have a good basic understanding of this diet. I am hoping to start soon. I did lose on WW but never on Atkins, so I am a little nervous. I have 80 pounds to lose and this diet sounds to work quicker than others plus protein and the selected veggies are good and sound. I will check back soon.
congrats on the decision to do ip and welcome! where in texas are you from?

chimpchamp
i totally understand, that's why i suggested having one on the weekend or even two throughout the week. pork rinds aren't supposed to be eaten either and thank goodness we have all educated ourselves as what NOT to eat, i.e. white flours, sugar etc.

i am so very proud of all of the cheaters on here that have cheated with cheese, pork rinds and diet soda! if that's the furthest extent of cheating anyone's going to, we are winning this fight for sure

pita
no pickled okra! oh goodness, i wouldn't be able to live. i know that the brand i buy is "best maid" and also a "texas hot okra"-which may or may not be a texas only thing. i sure hope you can find it, you will LOVE it, i've got to try the pickled asparagus, sounds sooooo yummy.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-19-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post

Weaning is very bittersweet, especially when you're pretty certain it's your last baby. No need to apologize for talking about it here. Lots of us are moms and have BTDT, and even though IP is a big part of our lives we all have other things going on that isn't IP related. Hang in there!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Welcome Sare ... great point on carbonation, and Wow! you are off with a roaring start. Good work!
Zabka..Welcome!.... You need to have at least 25 posts and 20 days as a member of 3FC before you can add your weight ticker. As for sausage, I have stayed away from it, just because of the fat content. Don't worry about feeling guilty Each day is a new opportunity, you can do it!

Pookee...I am sorry to hear you are having a tough day, those kind of days can really drain us. I have had a few of those lately myself. Try and distract yourself as much as possible, take your little one out to the park, window shop for the new you All you really have to do is just get through the day, and suddenly a week will have gone by and things will be so different. Weaning is tough, often more emotionally than physically, so just think of all the new chapters you will be starting with your family
Also look how well you have done! With your height and weight you already have a firm hold on HOTNESS! Hope your day gets better
Old 05-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Jordanna and Novak.... I absolutely agree with you guys in following the IP protocol. [/QUOTE]

It's been a while since I've posted, just wanted to say a few things looking back on my days on the IP protocol, and how I follow it now in maintenance

I also 100% agree on following the protocol, I've been in maintenance/Phase 4 for a month now and feel I was able to get here quickly because I did so. I've talked to several other IP coaches (at conferences my job brings me to as an exhibitor) and they always say, those who follow lose fastest, particularly if it isn't a lot to lose. I was allowed 1 restricted a day from the very beginning though, and I think that helped me drastically not want to cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olygirl40 View Post
Does anyone have any insight on if olives from the can are permitted. It's not listed as a non restricted or as a restricted food. Just wondering if anyone might have a reason for this. Is it a sodium thing, even after draining?? Any thoughts would helpful.
Olives are an absolute no, they were given to me on a list of the allowed good fats when switching to phase 3 when you should have a good fat in the morning. They are very high in good fats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
chimpchamp
why is it OK to go off protocol for pork rinds but not a sucralose containing soda? ip contains lots of sucralose so i am just wondering...are pork rinds on the list?

and not to be naggy but it seems that there are a lot of harsh words today about people questioning certain foods. i have screwed up once by drinking alcohol but i have also lost almost half of my desired weight in less than 4 weeks. i ask questions on here for friendly advice not a firestorm of "oh no you shouldn't haves"

in my honest opinion-i say look at the calories and ingredients. pickles are ok, so pickeled okra should be OK too, they haven't affected me, and i would say the same goes for a few olives here or there in moderation.

squash is not a food listed on "the list" but the carbs, fat and calories are almost IDENTICAL to zucchini. my coach has advised the that "the list" is a short list of acceptable foods and that there is no way that there could be an entire list of every acceptable vegetable on the planet.

research your foods! and make educated choices about what you put in your mouth-you WILL lose the weight if you follow the plan and makes educated food choices.

Have a fabulous day everyone!!
I'm sure no one means to be naggy or mean, all of us here are sharing advice we have gotten from each other, others who were on the forum and no longer are, and our respective coaches. I learned about IP through a few coaches at the booth next to me at a conference and decided to do idealtogo as there was no nearby coach. One of the people I spoke to was the clinical pharmacologist. Some of the coaches at the booth will kick people out of the program for more than one intentional cheat. They are focused on the person's health, and changing the mentality of unhealthy eating, that one little thing won't hurt.

What I realized is that the closer I followed IP, the quicker I lost the weight and the quicker I moved on to life. With my indulgence day each week, I follow up with a strict day of Phase 1 IP, I've noticed that I maintain my weight much better if I follow that strict 1 day as it was on my guideline, I've also noticed I don't have as many cravings for junk as I used to and I am able to make them wait until my indulgence day.

On the pickled side front, if you can't find pickled okra, I have an awesome recipe for pickled green beans that can easily be adapted for okra or any other veggie to make it IP compliant, for those interested in canning, I will pull it up and post it on the recipe thread this tonight or tomorrow. I didn't have the green beans while on IP, as they are a restricted veggie, but loved having pickles.

Just a side note on soda. Soda in itself is one of the unhealthiest things out there, be it diet or otherwise, I know people miss it or save it for a special occasion, but there are so many hidden chemicals. I cut soda completely out of my diet a few years ago (except for the occasional mixed drink every couple months) and notice within a couple weeks how it had been affecting me. My family and my mother's doctor attribute her daily soda habit to a lot of her health problems (would love to get her on IP) It may be possible to find "natural" or "diet" soda, but I saw on discover channel a special that showed the hansen's soda and how it was made, it was absolutely not healthy. We are already putting chemicals in our body on IP, in the packets, it really pays to try and change as many bad habits as possible to maximize weight loss. I understand people need something to keep themselves sane, or calm the occasional craving, but before you do, think of what that cost before IP, what did it lead to, and you will be able to eat everything you want after IP, in maintenance, that's the beauty of indulgence days!!!!

Last edited by babs181; 05-19-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

so all this talk about relevance of pH to weight loss made me think about the pH of all the bubbly water that I like to drink. In case anyone is wondering Pellegrino is at 7.7 and Perrier is at 5.46. Meaning that perrier is acidic and Pellegrino is not. Conclusion (if one can be drawn) Pellegrino is better than Perrier for weight loss. NOTE: the bubbles in perrier are from the natural source, whereas Pellegrino is added.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 173/156/125

Height: 5.2

[B]calgarygirlie thanks so much Im so glad I found this site! And can't wait to have a success story like most of you.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #209  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
so all this talk about relevance of pH to weight loss made me think about the pH of all the bubbly water that I like to drink. In case anyone is wondering Pellegrino is at 7.7 and Perrier is at 5.46. Meaning that perrier is acidic and Pellegrino is not. Conclusion (if one can be drawn) Pellegrino is better than Perrier for weight loss. NOTE: the bubbles in perrier are from the natural source, whereas Pellegrino is added.
i too love perrier and plain old sparkling water and drink at least one a day, i would never get my 80-90oz of water a day without these. thank goodness perrier is the better of the two!

my conclusion is that sparkling water is better to "cheat" with than butter or cheese-so i'm going to continue doing it. i'll let you know how week 5 works out.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-19-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Last minute good byes are so hard . Looking forward to getting back on strict plan and finishing this up . Just got to get thru tonight and Ill be ok . Wishing I could hold on to him and not let im leave but I know I have to and trust God to take care of him and bring him home safe to us . So thankful for a wonderful husband and the strength I draw from the Lord to get us thru the harder times. A little weepy today .
Closed Thread