Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

I had my first WI on Friday, when I had been on IP for 5 days. I was 7lbs down which was great. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was 7lbs every week! This weekend was my first IP Weekend and I did have a little bit of a cheat with some cheese. I kept it under 1oz., but still fell off the wagon some. Good news is that I stayed in large ketosis during my cheat. I'm going to try to stay on plan this week. All of the people on here meeting your goals is a great modivation.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:20 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Morning Everyone!
So great to come on and see how great some of you are doing
NOVAK!!!!!...holy smokes, congrats, that is so AMAZING!!!!
Sassy...glad you are back, love the new pic...certainly living up to your name
Lady5 Merci! I can't wait to try the mojitos!
Neesee Welcome...you will be feeling wonderful about yourself again in no time
Carla and Elizabeth...thanks as always for the excellent and informative posts

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 05-17-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #33  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithaa View Post
Day 2 and feeling great@! Was considering jumping on the elliptical, then I read a post that said most are discouraged from exercise on IP. Really?! If you do/did exercise while on IP -- what did you do?
IP wants your heart rate to not go too high so that you are burning more fat than anything SO...that being said... Walking is good or Pilates or Yoga. I like weight lifting and it helps me gain muscle which in turn burns more fat... but you need to do that slowly so to keep the HR down.

Here is what I have posted many times before but seems to be worth repeating for new folks ;-)

HEART RATE TRAINING ZONES
The whole point of using different heart rate zones when training is that each training zone has a different effect on your fitness. It is worthwhile taking the time to understand the benefits of training in each zone.

The value of each training zone should not be underestimated and although it may feel strange the first time you do an ergo at 65% (because it doesn't hurt and you're not sweating like a pig), resist the temptation to pull harder and just keep at it, it's on your program for a reason.

The Energy Efficient or Recovery Zone - 60% to 70%
<This is the ZONE where IP wants you to be!!!!>

Much of the benefits from heart rate training involve the body's energy systems and one of these systems is responsible for the long term supply of energy to your working muscles.

Fat is an abundant source of energy for the endurance athlete. Training within this heart rate zone - best accomplished by doing long, slow ergos, (or runs or water-work) - develops the body's ability to feed the working muscles more efficiently.

The other major advantage to training in this zone is weight loss, because you are almost exclusively burning FAT. You will also be allowing your muscles to re-energize with glycogen, which has been expended during those faster paced work-outs.

Underestimate this training zone at your peril.

The Aerobic Zone - 70% to 80%

When you train in this Heart Rate zone, you are training your cardiovascular system. Within this range, the body's ability to transport oxygen to, and carbon dioxide away from, the working muscles can be developed and improved.

As you become fitter and stronger from training in this zone you will get the benefits of some fat burning and improved aerobic capacity. 75% training often feels good.

This zone is also ideal for developing local muscle strength.

The Anaerobic Zone - 80% to 90%

This is the zone in which an enormous amount of benefit can be gained.

Somewhere between 80 and 90%, your individual anaerobic threshold is hiding. Between these heart rates, you use very little fat, instead you start to use glycogen - which is stored in your muscles - as the main source of energy.

Unfortunately, one of the by-products of burning this glycogen, is the rower's worst enemy, Lactic Acid.

There is a point at which the working muscles are producing lactic acid at a faster rate than the body can remove it. The heart rate this happens at, depends on you as an individual but when you do hit this point - known as Anabolic Threshold it will be accompanied by a rapid rise in heart rate and a slowing of your pace - sound familiar?

Through the correct training it is possible to delay the Anabolic Threshold either:
# by increasing the heart rate at which you reach it or
# by increasing your body's ability to deal with the lactic acid for a longer period of time.

The fitter you are the nearer you will be racing to your Anabolic Threshold. But beware, pulling a 1:45 split does not mean you are rowing at your Anabolic Threshold if the training you have been under-going is incorrect.

Assuming you are fit you will be racing at just below, or right on, your AT (depending on the length of the race). Sometimes elite athletes can hold a pace above their AT but for most mere mortals "going off too hard" will only result in you "blowing up" half way through a race - something most of us have experienced at some stage, and it's not pleasant.

The Red Line Zone 90% to 100%

In this zone you will only be able to train for short periods of time. It effectively trains your fast twitch muscle fibers and helps to develop speed.

It is worth being aware that to develop this speed you must first have developed your ability to deal with lactic acid.

This zone is reserved for racing sprints and only the very fit are able to train effectively within the red line zone.

Remember, training very near your maximum HR can be dangerous.

Calculation of Maximum Heart Rate

The easiest and best known method to calculate your maximum heart rate (MHR) is to use the formula

* MHR = 220 - Age
between 60% and 70% of your MHR... is where you are tapping into the fat reserves more.

Last edited by deinekatze; 05-17-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #34  

I AGREE! Let's all have a great weeek! Anniversary, birthday, business lunch--whatever it is, IP has a way for you TO NOT CHEAT!!!! Use that "real food protein meal" with veggies and STAY ON PLAN! Don't plan to cheat; do everything you can NOT TO! Do it for yourself! Are you invested in and committed to losing the fat or not? (Just a li'l pep-talk for myself and anyone else who cares to read it)

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-17-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #35  

I had a great weigh in this week -5.7 lbs!! AND my coach featured me as her first "client of the month". She wrote up a wonderful blurb about me in her monthly newsletter plus gave me a free week of food and a really sweet bike odometer as a gift!

PLUS - I'm over half way to my goal and only have 9.4 lbs to go before I'm in onederland!!

Oh and check out my blog Fat Kid Memoirs for 4 month progress pictures!!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #36  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I had a great weigh in this week -5.7 lbs!! AND my coach featured me as her first "client of the month". She wrote up a wonderful blurb about me in her monthly newsletter plus gave me a free week of food and a really sweet bike odometer as a gift!

PLUS - I'm over half way to my goal and only have 9.4 lbs to go before I'm in onederland!!

WOW all great news and kuddos!

So happy that your coach is beyond supportive... really cool when they are like that.

See you in onderland soon my friend!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Wow! A whole week of free food! You have a great coach! Plus if she does a "client of the month," I'm sure it should be you! Congrats! And an odometer for Rosie!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:

Congrtulations Jordanna, way to go, 5.7 pounds--over half way there--how awesome not to mention client of the month, free food, fabulaous gift for you and your bike; I am so excited for you and here is hoping that this week is a fabulous week also.:carr ot:
Old 05-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

Congratulations Jordanna !!!! You are such a inspiration to us all.

Also your progress picture looks amazing !!!

Last edited by Vicjul; 05-17-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 174.1/149.2/135

Height: 5'7"

I had my first weigh-in this morning and I'm down 7.2lbs!! Yay!!! I'm so excited! I can totally see a difference in my body and I feel great! Definately an incentive to keep going!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
16 weeks, 50 pounds. Six months ago, I'd never have believed I could get here. And it feels great!

Oh, and 35 inches.
That is wonderful.... Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Hi ladies,

So after being off IP for a week, after I have my glucose testing and bloodwork I start back on IP today! My endocrinologist want the weight off of me as PCOS makes it super hard to lose it and because we are hoping to start trying to conceive in Sept after our wedding I need to get the wieght off now.

She said as long as my insulin levels have come down and Im not Type 1 diabetic which she is almost positive Im not, I can continue on IP as she said i was very successful and my body loved the diet. So today Im back on IP and excited to get the last 45 pounds off.

Have a great day everyone.
Welcome back! I think it's wonderful that your Dr supports you doing the IP diet. I bet your week off was just enough of a jolt to your body that you're going to see some really great numbers in the weeks ahead... I love your new picture too!... You look beautiful!

[QUOTE=CanadianMama;3294768]Absolutely amazing !!!!!

Had my weigh in on Friday after 5 days on the program, 2 pounds gone and 5.5 inches.

I'm not disappointed because I knew my scale went from 217 to 213, and I know when I weigh in late in the afternoon I'm up a bit.

Today I got on the scale and home and despite cheating on the weekend with a hot dog while at an amusement park I am down to 212.

So I've lost 10 pounds in total in the last month.

I plan on not cheating one bit, and trying to go without my bars for the next 5 days until my second weigh in on Friday.[/QUOTE
Congrats on the loss, Kim! Stay strong, and I'm sure your weigh in on Friday will be even better yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
ABSOLUTELY!

Again, MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT! I tell my clients ALWAYS to focus more on inches or how their clothes fit for that reason... The scale frustrates them but them when you ask them how their clothes fit they say "yeah I'm smaller" HAHAHAHA

At my smallest size as a trainer (a size 6 I believe) I too was 15 to 20lbs heavier than the last time I fit into that size. And muscle is GREAT because you look good with definition AND that muscle BURNS fat more!

The scale helps us gauge some things but we get quite obsessed (at least I know I do) with that number and forget how our clothes are getting smaller ;-)

WAY TO GO on your NSV!!!

Congrats Sassy on the news! and I love your new pic too!
Thanks for the info Elizabeth! We are so lucky on this board to have so many ladies with such a wealth of knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning!!!

Today is my 1st day on the IP diet and so far so good. I woke up this morning around 7am I had a cup of water then got me and my son ready to leave. It wasn’t until 9:15am till I have my banana pudding (did I wait too long to have breakfast?) I took my 10 mineral drops 10 minutes before I ate now I’m drinking water. Is there something else I should be doing in between time? Also, my coach told me it wasn’t necessary to exercise, is that true? Who else was told the same?
***Starting weight 268.5! *** I need my fat girl days to be over!
SN: I went to fashion trends this weekend at the Lauderhill mall and seen a few outfits I liked. I haven’t really noticed how big I’ve gotten until I went to the dressing room and "tried" to squeeze into my old size. I was hurt. I almost cried, like “OMG what have I became”. Sex is terrible (my belly is in the way) with my partner because I can’t move around or quickly enough in bed. How sexy is it to try to switch position and it takes about a whole minute to do it, can we say turn-off...ugh (sorry if that’s TMI) I’m just a very blunt person. I call it how I see it. holla!!!
Welcome! You will see wonderful results quickly on this plan. You will notice some very positive changes in your body very soon if you stick to the plan. Again, Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMoody View Post
Does anyone have suggestions for toning the thighs, buttocks and tummy?
I really like Winsor pilates buns & thighs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
SYLVIE! Didn’t you just switch to a new phase??? I have heard that a slight pop up in weight followed by another loss is normal. It has something to do with your body adjusting to the new foods and building up a little glycogen again. I wouldn’t worry yet. I will come back off.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

ALL of us have faced some temptation or craving while working this program. Each of us has had to deal with an emotional or stressful moment and food. I put this on the thread late last night but thought, why not, maybe it could be useful to someone this week. Sometimes the hardest thing about change your diet or losing weight is how long it can take. Sure, some of us only have 10, 15, or 20 pounds to lose while other are dealing with 85, 100, or more but, when you are only losing a pound a week that 10 pounds can seem like FOREVER and takes the same amount of determination and focus to achieve WHAT YOU WANT! Sometimes knowing and keeping in front of you, the things you value, the things you have learned you want, your reasons or burning “why” are all we can do to get to our goals. So, stay focused and remember, you are doing this for “life”.
Thanks for posting that. It's nice to remind ourselves periodically what our motivations are for losing weight and getting healthy even if we aren't struggling with the diet at this time. Doing this is a great way to stay focused so that you aren't tempted to cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I finally saw it!!! My scale hasn't read the 160's for probably 5 years Woo Hoo!!!! 169 to be exact, so barely there, but hey its there. I am still trying to decide if switching to Phase 2 was a good idea. My coach wants me to for a little while to shock my body and switch things up. I gained .2 lbs the first week on Phase 2 and will weigh in on Wednesday. It has to be a loss though because usually I am 2 lbs different from my scale to theirs. If mine says 169 theirs should be somewhere around 171 or so. Here's hoping.

Great job on everyone's losses and NSV's!! I am also thinking of lowering my goal weight. I'm not being selfish, but I didn't realize it would be this easy to get to 160
Yay! A 6 is a 6.... it doesn't matter if it's barely there or not! Definitely a reason to celebrate in my book. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
I had my first WI on Friday, when I had been on IP for 5 days. I was 7lbs down which was great. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was 7lbs every week! This weekend was my first IP Weekend and I did have a little bit of a cheat with some cheese. I kept it under 1oz., but still fell off the wagon some. Good news is that I stayed in large ketosis during my cheat. I'm going to try to stay on plan this week. All of the people on here meeting your goals is a great modivation.
Congrats on a great loss! I wouldn't beat yourself up over the cheese. I've had a little bit of cheese a few times and it didn't affect the scale. Cheese won't take you out of ketosis, but it's definitely not something that you want to eat on a daily basis either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Morning Everyone!
So great to come on and see how great some of you are doing
NOVAK!!!!!...holy smokes, congrats, that is so AMAZING!!!!
Sassy...glad you are back, love the new pic...certainly living up to your name
Lady5 Merci! I can't wait to try the mojitos!
Neesee Welcome...you will be feeling wonderful about yourself again in no time
Carla and Elizabeth...thanks as always for the excellent and informative posts

Had my 6 week WI today down 1 lb. I am not gonna lie..I am really frustrated. It is my TOM, but last time I lost 3lbs while I had it. My frustration is that I simply DO NOT CHEAT. I have fully committed to IP and don't see the point in cheating. The only thing off protocol is the fact that I don't eat the salad. Don't feel the need too. I walk 5.5kms, 4x a week, yet I have been stuck for 3 weeks. We even had my son's 2nd b-day party this weekend, I made the cake, and had my husband stand by for taste testing, since I refused to even lick my fingers. My coach even said that I should have an extra restricted item when everyone had cake..but I didn't feel the need to. I read others that have big or small cheats and they are still losing more than I am. I keep thinking just go a few more weeks you will be fine, your body just needs to accept it is okay to leave the 160's.
I think I need a wee bit of a pep talk folks...any suggestions?
Have you lost any inches these past few weeks? Plateaus are frustrating, that's for sure. Maybe your body needs you to switch things up a bit. Thankfully I haven't had this experience yet, but I know I've read posts of ladies here that have. I'm sure someone will be able to give you some ideas to kickstart things again. Just stay focused and be patient.... You're doing great!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 249/229/160

Height: 5' 5"

Here's to a good week everyone! Love hearing of people making it to their goal. It seems like a long time away for me. Keep telling myself, one day at a time.

That recipe for the drinks sounds lovely, but my coach tells me that we cannot drink sparkling water. Shucks!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnt6251 View Post
Hi Everyone...new here but visited you a time before....
Yep...I joined and will be starting my 4th week on Tuesday

Wish you all a great week!
Welcome to 3FC!! it's a great place for support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Hi ladies,

So after being off IP for a week, after I have my glucose testing and bloodwork I start back on IP today! My endocrinologist want the weight off of me as PCOS makes it super hard to lose it and because we are hoping to start trying to conceive in Sept after our wedding I need to get the wieght off now.

She said as long as my insulin levels have come down and Im not Type 1 diabetic which she is almost positive Im not, I can continue on IP as she said i was very successful and my body loved the diet. So today Im back on IP and excited to get the last 45 pounds off.

Have a great day everyone.
Welcome back Sassy - love the new picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrain View Post
I started in Feb and lost 20lbs and 36 inches the first month....went off plan for a while and have not been able to get back on ever since!!!! WHAT is my problem...I feel like such a looser!!! I've wasted so much money and I just want to get back into Ketosis!!!!!
Grab all your materials from when you started and read them over. Plan out your week food wise and focus on getting through each day without cheating. Once you are back in ketosis it will be so much easier to stay motivated. Anytime you feel like cheating get back on the boards and talk it through with everyone! You've lost 20 lbs in a month, use that motivation to push you forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeseebaby22 View Post
Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning!!!

Today is my 1st day on the IP diet and so far so good. I woke up this morning around 7am I had a cup of water then got me and my son ready to leave. It wasn’t until 9:15am till I have my banana pudding (did I wait too long to have breakfast?) I took my 10 mineral drops 10 minutes before I ate now I’m drinking water. Is there something else I should be doing in between time? Also, my coach told me it wasn’t necessary to exercise, is that true? Who else was told the same?
***Starting weight 268.5! *** I need my fat girl days to be over!
SN: I went to fashion trends this weekend at the Lauderhill mall and seen a few outfits I liked. I haven’t really noticed how big I’ve gotten until I went to the dressing room and "tried" to squeeze into my old size. I was hurt. I almost cried, like “OMG what have I became”. Sex is terrible (my belly is in the way) with my partner because I can’t move around or quickly enough in bed. How sexy is it to try to switch position and it takes about a whole minute to do it, can we say turn-off...ugh (sorry if that’s TMI) I’m just a very blunt person. I call it how I see it. holla!!!
Welcome to 3FC and Ideal Protein, it's a great diet!! I've lost 65 lbs in 4 months. I've gone from almost weighing 300 lbs to almost being in the 100's in that time! If you focus and stay true to the program you will succeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I finally saw it!!! My scale hasn't read the 160's for probably 5 years Woo Hoo!!!! 169 to be exact, so barely there, but hey its there. I am still trying to decide if switching to Phase 2 was a good idea. My coach wants me to for a little while to shock my body and switch things up. I gained .2 lbs the first week on Phase 2 and will weigh in on Wednesday. It has to be a loss though because usually I am 2 lbs different from my scale to theirs. If mine says 169 theirs should be somewhere around 171 or so. Here's hoping.

Great job on everyone's losses and NSV's!! I am also thinking of lowering my goal weight. I'm not being selfish, but I didn't realize it would be this easy to get to 160
Hooray Carla - congrats on seeing the 160's that's fantastic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithaa View Post
Day 2 and feeling great@! Was considering jumping on the elliptical, then I read a post that said most are discouraged from exercise on IP. Really?! If you do/did exercise while on IP -- what did you do?

I'm so glad I bought some options because eating "crunchy" (NOT) cereal and mushroom soup for 7 days may make me crazy!

LOVE all your posts about progess by week. That such great reading. Especially since right now Phase II seems FOREVER away!
Regarding exercise, keep your heart rate lower, be able to talk through the exercise and limit it to 30 minutes per day and it will benefit your weight loss. Anything more than that and you're body isn't getting enough calories to sustain the workout. Maybe talk to your coach about adding an extra package of food to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
Congrats on your first loss!! You might not get 7 lbs every week but you'll be surprised how fast the weight melts off you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSuzy View Post
I had my first weigh-in this morning and I'm down 7.2lbs!! Yay!!! I'm so excited! I can totally see a difference in my body and I feel great! Definately an incentive to keep going!!!
Woohoo - congrats on your first loss, that's fantastic! Keep up the good work!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Today was my 8th weigh in. The scale was only down 2.5 lbs this week. I won't lie, I was a little disappointed at first, but then my coach and I started looking at my measurements and BMI. All of my measurements went down and my body fat percentage went down over a full percentage point. My coach reassured me that I'm gaining more muscle mass so although I didn't see a big number on the scale, I am still having big results. I'm not disappointed anymore. I also picked up some of the oatmeal to try with some rhubarb. My coach though it was a wonderful idea and wanted me to let him know how it turns out so he can try it too. Also, my husband has decided to take the plunge with me! I'm so happy he is doing this. I know he will feel so much better and I'm excited to see his reaction when he starts to see the results. I don't know when he is going to start, but he seems pretty anxious to get going on the diet.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #45  
Ideal Protein beginner

S/C/G: 268/257.5/190

Height: 5'6

Hello,

Please share some recipes. (1st day on the program). today for lunch i had a creamy mushroom soup ( i used 7oz of water) and a steam-in-bag broccoli (it had 5 broccoli florets in it,the bag was 12oz: how mant cups is that equivalent to?)for lunch. it was really good. but i'm still a little hungry. im eating lettuce as chips. a bit bitter/sweet. please send me all your treats/tricks! thanx
Closed Thread