Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 222/208/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Oh, and 35 inches.
Absolutely amazing !!!!!

Had my weigh in on Friday after 5 days on the program, 2 pounds gone and 5.5 inches.

I'm not disappointed because I knew my scale went from 217 to 213, and I know when I weigh in late in the afternoon I'm up a bit.

Today I got on the scale and home and despite cheating on the weekend with a hot dog while at an amusement park I am down to 212.

So I've lost 10 pounds in total in the last month.

I plan on not cheating one bit, and trying to go without my bars for the next 5 days until my second weigh in on Friday.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #17  

Novak!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!

:twi rly:
Old 05-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #18  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
THANKS! I am just amazed! I was never able to wear those sizes before at this weight so I am floored that I even got into them. I know I have spent the past few years working out a lot, lifting weights and doing strength training but I guess it is starting to show as the body fat is burning off? ELIZABETH!! Any thoughts?? I just checked and my thigh measurements are smaller than they were 15 years ago in a pair of jeans I used to wear. I am a pretty definite hour glass shape and have a large/heavy bone structure so, I used to fit into smaller sizes than my weight would suggest but this is surprising even to me.
ABSOLUTELY!

Again, MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT! I tell my clients ALWAYS to focus more on inches or how their clothes fit for that reason... The scale frustrates them but them when you ask them how their clothes fit they say "yeah I'm smaller" HAHAHAHA

At my smallest size as a trainer (a size 6 I believe) I too was 15 to 20lbs heavier than the last time I fit into that size. And muscle is GREAT because you look good with definition AND that muscle BURNS fat more!

The scale helps us gauge some things but we get quite obsessed (at least I know I do) with that number and forget how our clothes are getting smaller ;-)

WAY TO GO on your NSV!!!

Congrats Sassy on the news! and I love your new pic too!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Well after being in the city for 5 days visiting my son and his family I have WI this morning, my scale says I did great, but will see what my councilor's say, LOL!!! I NEVER cheated, although the grilled chicken breast I had a Red Lobster had some kind of balsamic marinade....was good though!!
Wish me luck!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #20  
Ideal Protein beginner

S/C/G: 268/257.5/190

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning!!!

Today is my 1st day on the IP diet and so far so good. I woke up this morning around 7am I had a cup of water then got me and my son ready to leave. It wasn’t until 9:15am till I have my banana pudding (did I wait too long to have breakfast?) I took my 10 mineral drops 10 minutes before I ate now I’m drinking water. Is there something else I should be doing in between time? Also, my coach told me it wasn’t necessary to exercise, is that true? Who else was told the same?
***Starting weight 268.5! *** I need my fat girl days to be over!
SN: I went to fashion trends this weekend at the Lauderhill mall and seen a few outfits I liked. I haven’t really noticed how big I’ve gotten until I went to the dressing room and "tried" to squeeze into my old size. I was hurt. I almost cried, like “OMG what have I became”. Sex is terrible (my belly is in the way) with my partner because I can’t move around or quickly enough in bed. How sexy is it to try to switch position and it takes about a whole minute to do it, can we say turn-off...ugh (sorry if that’s TMI) I’m just a very blunt person. I call it how I see it. holla!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

Does anyone have suggestions for toning the thighs, buttocks and tummy?
Old 05-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #22  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMoody View Post
Does anyone have suggestions for toning the thighs, buttocks and tummy?
Yes for thighs and glutes my FAVORITE is Leg Bridges on a Bosu Ball

Lie on your back and place your feet on a Bosu Ball, close to the edges of the bosu, with the dome side down. Lift your pelvis slowly, place your hands at your sides. Do several of those SLOWLY and when you come down do NOT touch the ground and go back up.

Try the different positions with your feet... by this I mean pushing the bosu more towards the floor on the toes side or more through your heels side so you can feel which way works more the thighs and which focuses on the glutes

For your tummy abs are great but watch you back... here are a few videos that are good

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/video...ail=2262519902

Last edited by deinekatze; 05-17-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks Elizabeth! I will try these.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:34 AM   #24  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Thanks to all for the kudos

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Ohh....to be 135 pounds! That is my 'true' dream weight. Congratulations!!
Lower your goal weight... that's what I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
Congratulations Novak!!!

Are you going shopping yet?
=)
Oy, have I been shopping. Now I have to empty my closet to make room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Way to go, Novak! I hope I'll be joining you soon!
C'mon, Bev... I'm waiting for you!

Last edited by Novak; 05-17-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:35 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Don't go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself. ~Author Unknown

I saw this and it reminded me, I don't have to eat something because it is the "polite" thing to do when another person offers it.

May we all have strength to stay on plan this week and get past our temptations!
I just saw your post on the previous thread. A great read and does bring things into perspective.

Thank you for taking the time.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #26  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
That is what the label indicated but I fit in size 6/8 now so maybe it was mislabelled! Cannot tell you how strange it felt! Haven't had the chance to tell her - hoping on showing it to her by the end of June!

Still loosing inches but the scale is going up and no cheating involved... HELP!!
SYLVIE! Didn’t you just switch to a new phase??? I have heard that a slight pop up in weight followed by another loss is normal. It has something to do with your body adjusting to the new foods and building up a little glycogen again. I wouldn’t worry yet. I will come back off.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

ALL of us have faced some temptation or craving while working this program. Each of us has had to deal with an emotional or stressful moment and food. I put this on the thread late last night but thought, why not, maybe it could be useful to someone this week. Sometimes the hardest thing about change your diet or losing weight is how long it can take. Sure, some of us only have 10, 15, or 20 pounds to lose while other are dealing with 85, 100, or more but, when you are only losing a pound a week that 10 pounds can seem like FOREVER and takes the same amount of determination and focus to achieve WHAT YOU WANT! Sometimes knowing and keeping in front of you, the things you value, the things you have learned you want, your reasons or burning “why” are all we can do to get to our goals. So, stay focused and remember, you are doing this for “life”.
Quote:
Think about something you really want! A few weeks ago, maybe before you joined us, one of our group asked each of us what our motivation was for losing. WHAT is that THING that you REALLY REALLY want or look forward to when you are at your goal weight? What drives you to even begin to care if you are a thin, healthy weight? Try to answer that and keep that in front of you when you are needing to get past a craving or temptation. Maybe make a visual board of the thing or things so you can look at it each day.
For me, being thin again, gives me back my life. I know it seems dramatic but, that is how much I have hampered myself by living in my "fat self". I have spent the past 15 or so years like this :
I don't feel comfortable in groups. I don't play sports they way I use to or want to. I am self conscious at the gym doing certain activities because I don't like how I look doing some things. I don't dress how I want because the things don't fit. I don't flirt because who would date the fat girl. I don't try or take chances on anything where image might be of importance. And so, much more.

I most look forward to looking at my life through "normal" eyes. Through being the person I want to be and not being ashamed of who I had become. I can't wait to be skiing, surfing, scuba diving, pool parties, playing volley ball, hiking, traveling (and not feeling cramped in the chair), snowboarding, playing tennis, golfing, dance lessons, ballet, better yoga moves, chasing my nieces and nephews, and more! I want to build a great wardrobe of designer clothes. I want to wear my mother and grandmother's heirloom jewelry. I would like to model again. I want to curl up in my big chair, with a good book, and FEEL small. I want to be healthy and live long ( my grandparents and great grandparents, great aunts and uncles have all lived to their 90's and 100's). I want to be able to help other people with what I know about the body, health, and nutrition and not have them thinking "yeah, right! So why are YOU fat??"

These are some of my motivators! WHAT are yours! ???

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-17-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #27  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia;3294686[B
SylvieG[/B]--I know what it feels like to wait and wait to get to the next lower number. It took me weeks to go from the 9s to the 8s. But some kind of miracle happened that I am already half way through the 8s and almost to the 7s in about a week. So-- keep it up! You will get there.
And are you kidding about the 0-1 size skirt???????? That should keep you strong-- Will you be wearing negative numbers soon????!!??
Guess I'll have to post some pictures!! Cannot wait to go down in the 130s... this has been the biggest frustration I've had on IP!! I've been stuck in 142-140 for 2 weeks... and trying not to get discouraged enough to cheat here and there! The other clothes i'm fitting into are sized 6-8 so the skirt must be mislabelled...

Last edited by SylvieG; 05-17-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #28  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Wow you guys....so many NSV's....I'm so excited for you.
Novak....you are a true inspiration to all of us.
Carla...nice post about your feelings. They really hit home.
Sassy....welcome back. I'm so glad this is going to work out for you. I've missed your posts.
Showgirl...I do not have restricted items most of the time. I do buy the vinegar crisps for when I am in car. I tend to get car sick and this helps. (used to eat pretzels) The package usually lasts a couple hours. This is the only restricted item I eat. I ate a bar once and decided that I would eat the whole box if I bought them, so I just don't have them around.
Carla, did you honestly keep your clothes for 23 years???? That was so funny. You can probably sell them in a vintage store!!!! LOL
I am feeling so good today. Just getting ready to take a walk. Our weather is finally nice!!!
Have a great week everyone!!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #29  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

I finally saw it!!! My scale hasn't read the 160's for probably 5 years Woo Hoo!!!! 169 to be exact, so barely there, but hey its there. I am still trying to decide if switching to Phase 2 was a good idea. My coach wants me to for a little while to shock my body and switch things up. I gained .2 lbs the first week on Phase 2 and will weigh in on Wednesday. It has to be a loss though because usually I am 2 lbs different from my scale to theirs. If mine says 169 theirs should be somewhere around 171 or so. Here's hoping.

Great job on everyone's losses and NSV's!! I am also thinking of lowering my goal weight. I'm not being selfish, but I didn't realize it would be this easy to get to 160
Old 05-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 195/186/160 (start 1/8/11)

Height: 5'3"

Default Exercise

Day 2 and feeling great@! Was considering jumping on the elliptical, then I read a post that said most are discouraged from exercise on IP. Really?! If you do/did exercise while on IP -- what did you do?

I'm so glad I bought some options because eating "crunchy" (NOT) cereal and mushroom soup for 7 days may make me crazy!

LOVE all your posts about progess by week. That such great reading. Especially since right now Phase II seems FOREVER away!
Closed Thread