Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 02:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default Ip Chat Week May 17 - 23

Here is wishing everyone a wonderful week full of successful weigh-ins and NSVs!

Please remember to multi quote or edit your posts to help us keep this weeks thread at the maximum 500 posts.

Here is the link to the two threads of last week!

Week of May 10 to May 15
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...y-10-16-a.html

sunday may 16

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...-may-16th.html
Old 05-17-2010, 03:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Don't go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself. ~Author Unknown

I saw this and it reminded me, I don't have to eat something because it is the "polite" thing to do when another person offers it.

May we all have strength to stay on plan this week and get past our temptations!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-17-2010 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 159/131.5/115

Height: 5'2"

My diet has gone well so far, as I have lost 28 pounds, with only 16 more to go. But this month has been hard.

I cheated today, and I still feel queasy from eating dumplings. But I also know that I will be cheating again next sunday, on my birthday, when my friends take me out for my birthday. I decided to make the choice to change over to phase 2, and start to work out a bit more. Being an apple shape, even though I have lost a lot of weight, it isn't apparent in the one place I would like it to be: my stomach.

Anyway, I was looking for some guidance or enlightenment on this topic
Old 05-17-2010, 03:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/200/170

Height: 5'5

Default Lovin it

Hi Everyone...new here but visited you a time before....
Yep...I joined and will be starting my 4th week on Tuesday

Wish you all a great week!
Old 05-17-2010, 05:21 AM   #5  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Carla, thanks for your post about being polite--how timely!

My husband and I have been invited to someone's house for dinner next weekend, the first time since we've been on plan. They asked if we had any particular food issues and we told them we are only eating protein and veggies and not eating carbs or sugar. They said, "no problem" but I know that most people will still thing bbq ribs or chicken marsala or all kinds of other things fall into the "OK" category.

It kind of reminds me of the old Monty Python skit where no matter what you order, it comes with spam...("spam, eggs, sausage and spam")

I don't know these folks very well, and they are kind of important to my husband career-wise, so I'm really worried about appearing rude. I've been practicing a variety of "no thank yous" for 2 days!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:25 AM   #6  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

16 weeks, 50 pounds. Six months ago, I'd never have believed I could get here. And it feels great!

Oh, and 35 inches.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 05-17-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Combined sequential posts
Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 AM   #7  

Height: 5.8

Hi ladies,

So after being off IP for a week, after I have my glucose testing and bloodwork I start back on IP today! My endocrinologist want the weight off of me as PCOS makes it super hard to lose it and because we are hoping to start trying to conceive in Sept after our wedding I need to get the wieght off now.

She said as long as my insulin levels have come down and Im not Type 1 diabetic which she is almost positive Im not, I can continue on IP as she said i was very successful and my body loved the diet. So today Im back on IP and excited to get the last 45 pounds off.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #8  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

sam0617- posted on the thread that was used for about a day so I'll tell you again here. 4 boxes to a pack. They are $10 but often on sale for around $8.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Showgirlaz
OK ... NSV alert!
I decided to go through my last amount of "when I used to be small clothes - all size 8 and 10". I could get them all on!!! Even the items I wore at the end of high school, 23 years ago! I was shocked! I am a good 20 pounds heavier than back then. And, it is the same clothing! They were a tad snug but not bad. All zipped, no uni-boob looks, and could sit. The 10's were a pretty good fit and the 8's are almost right. SOOO..... boyfriend and I went shopping. When we were at Nordstrom's I tried on several items. I have always wanted some designer jeans and clothes and haven't been able to fit them. GUESS WHAT! The sizes I picked were TOO BIG!! YEAH! What I finally found was that I can were size 29 jeans/jean shorts and size 10 dresses! My bustline is too big for anything smaller right now. I was shocked. I was even told by another shopper that my legs looked skinny in the pair of jeans I had on! I didn't say it, just smiled with a thank you, but thought "OH, HONEY! If you had only see these thighs at a size 30 inches 5 months ago!" LOL
Feeling pretty good about how things are going!

As you should be Carla!! Congratulations to you...and to want2 run for moving from the 3s into the 2ssssssssssssssss.:congrat :
I can't wait to have your experience. 5 pounds until I get to the 170sss--But I feel like from 170 on down the real fun with clothes begins... I wore a size 8 for a long time once. Can't wait to get there again!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-17-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
16 weeks, 50 pounds. Six months ago, I'd never have believed I could get here. And it feels great!
Ohh....to be 135 pounds! That is my 'true' dream weight. Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
Hi ladies,

So after being off IP for a week, after I have my glucose testing and bloodwork I start back on IP today! My endocrinologist want the weight off of me as PCOS makes it super hard to lose it and because we are hoping to start trying to conceive in Sept after our wedding I need to get the wieght off now.

She said as long as my insulin levels have come down and Im not Type 1 diabetic which she is almost positive Im not, I can continue on IP as she said i was very successful and my body loved the diet. So today Im back on IP and excited to get the last 45 pounds off.

Have a great day everyone.
Yeah!! So glad you get to stay on IP! I know you will rock it and be done in no time at all. I LOVE YOUR NEW PROFILE PIC! You look absolutely gorgeous!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
That is amazing !!!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Congratulations Novak!!!

Are you going shopping yet?
=)

Last edited by r101; 05-17-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #12  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Novak-- congratulations to you!! 50 pounds. I am dreaming of this moment and I know it's coming. You must feel fantastic!!
lady5andy-- can't wait to try the mojito. Sounds yummy. I watched everyone drink cosmos at a party last night. Finally had some vodka but none of the party drinks. This mojito thing will come in handy all summer long!
SylvieG--I know what it feels like to wait and wait to get to the next lower number. It took me weeks to go from the 9s to the 8s. But some kind of miracle happened that I am already half way through the 8s and almost to the 7s in about a week. So-- keep it up! You will get there.
And are you kidding about the 0-1 size skirt???????? That should keep you strong-- Will you be wearing negative numbers soon????!!??

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-17-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, and 35 inches.
Way to go, Novak! I hope I'll be joining you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post

Love the new profile picture! It's good to know that your endocrinologist thinks this is a healthy diet. I used that as ammunition with my husband, who keeps saying it isn't.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #14  

Novak---awesome! Thanks for the motivation!!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:12 AM   #15  

I started in Feb and lost 20lbs and 36 inches the first month....went off plan for a while and have not been able to get back on ever since!!!! WHAT is my problem...I feel like such a looser!!! I've wasted so much money and I just want to get back into Ketosis!!!!!
Closed Thread