Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #496  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

Default My first weigh in this morning!

I lost 7 lbs. my first week - my goal is 142 and I'm 5'2" and almost 60. I'll keep going - this may be just the thing. Love this forum!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoSuzy View Post
I had my first weigh-in this morning and I'm down 7.2lbs!! Yay!!! I'm so excited! I can totally see a difference in my body and I feel great! Definately an incentive to keep going!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #497  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrook View Post
It might have just been me, but I thought they were putrid. I'm with Erin with the whole "we can't have splenda except for the Ip stuff with Splenda" wierdness.
kellyrockhaha, amen. i think that many coaches warn newbies to stay away from sweetners at the beginning because in some people it enhances the cravings for carbs and sweets. i think once you've got the program under control and aren't prone to cheats too often using splenda as a sweetner everyday is fine. i use it everyday in coffee and i've used it in the rhubard recipe. i have yet to try any of the flavored splenda sweetened sparkling water or sodas because there is citric acid in them and i have been warned (i think it was carla) not to take in citric acid.

i say if you have sweetner and it makes you crave and cheat, don't use it, if you have the self control to use it wisely-go for it, it's all over the ip boxs' nutritional facts!

i've heard stevia was awful and haven't touched it, pita did you end up liking it?

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-22-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #498  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Hey All! I haven't visited this lovely site in too long! I started out at 165 and have made it to 135... my goal was set at 120 from the very beginning but as time has gone on I started letting my goal creep up until I thought I was "fine" at 135. I realized today that there is no need to feel "fine" when I can feel "extraordinary" at my goal weight so as of tomorrow morning I am starting the countdown to 120 by July 15th that will be 53 days away. I'm hoping to only spend about a month back on phase one. We will see. Congrats to all of you who have reached you goal and congrats to all of us who are working our way towards one!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
kellyrockhaha, amen. i think that many coaches warn newbies to stay away from sweetners at the beginning because in some people it enhances the cravings for carbs and sweets. i think once you've got the program under control and aren't prone to cheats too often using splenda as a sweetner everyday is fine. i use it everyday in coffee and i've used it in the rhubard recipe. i have yet to try any of the flavored splenda sweetened sparkling water or sodas because there is citric acid in them and i have been warned (i think it was carla) not to take in citric acid.

i say if you have sweetner and it makes you crave and cheat, don't use it, if you have the self control to use it wisely-go for it, it's all over the ip boxs' nutritional facts!

i've heard stevia was awful and haven't touched it, pita did you end up liking it?
Hi Erin,

never got it and probably wont. don't want to jinx this BUT I am seriously showing 142, morning I was 142.4, after lunch and even now. I'll be so happy if its true...weeeee.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #500  

Jordanna- Wow that is a great vote of confidence from your Grandpa. I think you continue to make good decisions, like saving a lot of the money. But you do need some new bras.

Everyone is doing so well. Congrats to you all for a good week.

I worked hard at home today and just felt very tired. Some days are like that. My coach told me that if that happens I can have a hard boiled egg, which I did and it helped. I only do that every couple weeks and it has been okay for me.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Went shopping with my girls today . We had so much fun . I am into a size 10 almost a size 8 . I can hardly beleive it . My 15 year old wears a size 6 . We might be able to share clothes soon .LOL . Probably not but I am so excited ! 3 months ago I was wearing a size 20 some 22's . This is amazing to me . Never again will I be that size . Feels so good to be healthy ! Also my husband called this morning and is safe and sound back in Iraq . Thank you Lrd for safe travel and for your continued safety on my husbnad and his troops !
Old 05-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #502  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Went shopping with my girls today . We had so much fun . I am into a size 10 almost a size 8 . I can hardly beleive it . My 15 year old wears a size 6 . We might be able to share clothes soon .LOL . Probably not but I am so excited ! 3 months ago I was wearing a size 20 some 22's . This is amazing to me . Never again will I be that size . Feels so good to be healthy ! Also my husband called this morning and is safe and sound back in Iraq . Thank you Lrd for safe travel and for your continued safety on my husbnad and his troops !
I should do spell check on my post .LOL .It was suppose to be Lord and husband .LOL
Old 05-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 168/120

Height: 5'0

Is there any kind of gum or breath mint that is allowed?
Old 05-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #504  

Journeysend:
I *love* coconut oil!! Natural News is a great site for honest information. Coconut oil does help with the metabolism, for sure!! Make sure you get good quality coconut oil, though - go to a health food store for that
Old 05-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #505  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslev View Post
Is there any kind of gum or breath mint that is allowed?
We can have Spry gum, which can be found in a lot of health food stores and can be ordered online. Each piece has .72 carb, but that carb is xylitol, which doesn't raise your blood sugar and is good for your teeth.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #506  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
a little "hint" for you supplement junkies ;-) L-CARNITINE will also help you get into Ketosis
Is this like the 'carb blockers' I've seen advertised? What does it do? Kill carbs or kill cravings?
Old 05-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #507  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
What fun that is, to go shopping with your daughters!! My daughter is on IP and we can hardly wait to go "skinny" shopping together!!!
Great to hear your husband made it back to Iraq Ok,
Old 05-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #508  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
Journeysend:
I *love* coconut oil!! Natural News is a great site for honest information. Coconut oil does help with the metabolism, for sure!! Make sure you get good quality coconut oil, though - go to a health food store for that
I am going to pick some up at our local Health Food Store on Tues. at it is in the same building where I go for my WI, can hardly wait to try it!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #509  

BEV S wrote Keep in mind, though, that it's possible to keep your actual carb count low (say at around 30 grams), and still side-step ketosis. The culprits? Most often it's from eating foods that contain even a small amount of "High Fructose Corn Syrup" (HFCS), which can cause a strong insulin spike and halt fat burning. HFCS is far more destructive to your health and your weight loss than regular sugar.
We may want to be careful b/c many of the Lindora products have corn syrup and I think some have the high fructose corn syrup in them.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #510  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
We can have Spry gum, which can be found in a lot of health food stores and can be ordered online. Each piece has .72 carb, but that carb is xylitol, which doesn't raise your blood sugar and is good for your teeth.
Trident is also sweetened with xylitol. It keeps me sane
Closed Thread