Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #451  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

my vents have nothing to do with IP diet...and once I regain my composure, I will back to write about them.... give me 5
Old 05-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #452  

first IP stuff:

thank you Erin for the encouragements I am not doing badly but could do better. she said don't be pinchy with vegetables, she said no to edemame first and after discussing it, she was like yeah sure.

stacerp: sweetheart? he threw out perfectly good dibs!!! am joking, it made me laugh pretty hard actually. I wonder when he had done it and am thinking maybe I shouldn't tell him cause then he'll know I was checking on them. hmmm. Also, that is exactly what my coach was telling me today re pancreas re setting and main importance being weight gain. She had just learnt it at their new training session (which means #1 she doesn't know much and #2 she is learining) so that is good and bad. I wonder since I have cheated, now I have to start all over again????? she said no but whatever. I am consumed with analyzing this diet and not enjoying myself.

now onwards to my vents if anyone will let me:

#1 I hate comcast, I would like DVR service, I would like to pay them money so I can record the shows that I am already paying for BUT they do not have any machines that are less than 17" and I do not want that. oh wait, they do have them but they don't know when they have them, meaning that I have to go sit at their store everyday and wait for one. So I told them, thank you for letting me know that you don't want my money. secondly, I have been dealing with their slow download speed, took me forever to download a movie on Apple TV. That took about 20 mins on the phone with them to fix.

vent #2 there is a pregnant woman at work and it seems that is reason enough for her not to do her work and it being handed of to me. She just texted me telling me that she had told the boss her work is giving her ulcer and she can't take new projects on and that he should talk to me. I replied, I am sorry, my work is giving me dry skin so can't take anymore on. seriously, she sits there either rubbing her belly or doing her homework while I have 14 projects going on. Is that fair? I think not.

alright I am done.

can anyone tell that its been hard sitting at home on a friday night??? it should be obvious I think.

added note: figured out today that the fish my friend made for me, was rubbed in a rub that had brown sugar in it, I asked her, she said it didn't have any, I see the rub at the store today; check it out and there you are!! I mean seriously!! does saying I don't eat sugar means only white sugar???

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-22-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:49 PM   #453  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Stacerp....we are right there together. It is unreal that you are in a comfortable 10 and I am still in a 12. And I have 3 inches on you!!!! I am so excited for you. Hope graduation goes well. Check out those EAS Advantage drinks I was talking about. That will give you some variety. Hope you don't make yourself too scarce on this board!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #454  

Erin:

your new pic is awesome! are you sure you need to lose weight??

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-22-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #455  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Erin:

your new pic is awesome! are you sure you need to lose weight??
first of all, thank you. i am trying my best to accept compliments the "right way" these days instead of just laughing at the thought that anything about me is ok, least of all looking awesome.

i am sure. i hold weight in the weirdest spots..my upper back, my arms and my gut pooch are all things that i hope to get rid of. what's really hard, i've found, about deciding what an appropriate goal weight is that you cannot spot lose in certain spots you hate. i'd be happy 5 lbs lighter if it all would fall off my problem spots. my legs are perfectly fine, my waist is teetering on the 20-something in range, my hip fat is gone, my saddlebags are gone, but the arms and back and pooch, JEEZ they just won't give!

regarding the edamame, the shelled frozen bean bag i bought today says this exactly: 1/2 cup = 6 total carbs, 4 of those being fiber so.....my half cup at dinner had 2 net carbs, whoop-dee-doo. i'm thinking that with the pod, edamame may be higher in carbs-though i don't have a clue how anyone could gnaw on that:P and that may be where these outrageous high carb numbers are coming from when discussing edamame.

you know more than anyone on here that i too analyze this diet as well, somethings just don't make sense-like no splenda with coffee but it's ok that the ip foods are loaded with splenda...uhhh..hmmm...ahhhh...

the list goes on fellow bad girls club member of IP

and i completely get the co-worker thing. the disaster at work today with my idiotic co-worker is an epic novel in the making. she works full time(i work 25 hours per week to spend time with my babies) and i write almost 3 TIMES the policies she writes and make less than her on bonuses but she still wants to try and steal my business. long story short-had a bad day too.

but the bbq ridges made my evening...

WYO, are you in a women's or a junior's 12? i can squeeze into a junior's 11/12 but fit comfortably in a 7/8 from Gap or Old Navy. i realized just recently that the pants i was trying desperatley to fit into that were 11's, they were 11 juniors from college regardless of women's or juniors, you're doing a fantastic job and should be so proud of where you are, the 160's must feel fabulous!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-22-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:18 AM   #456  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
I really dislike the soup and there are other things I do like
I'm in the "hate the soup" camp too, but here are two ideas:
1. boneless skinless chicken (breast or thigh), rinse and pat partially dry, pound really flat (like 1/2 ")
2. dredge them in the dry powder of chicken or mushroom soup
3. saute them quickly in olive oil
4. add a bit more of the protein powder and a little non-fat chicken stock, squeeze in some fresh lemon, toss in a few capers
Chicken picatta!

and you can use the "sauce" over your veggies the next day! (just need to adjust your other packets, so have only 1/2 for your bedtime, etc)

or
Use the soup as a base for cream of [fill in the blank] soup and puree the heck out of it with asparagus, broccoli, etc. Drizzle the top with some truffle oil and a sprinkle of water cress NUMMY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
WYO, are you in a women's or a junior's 12? i can squeeze into a junior's 11/12 but fit comfortably in a 7/8 from Gap or Old Navy.
This size thing has me totally intrigued and it is another reminder of how different we all are. I am seeing people at my weight or up to 20 pounds higher, who are wearing a 6, an 8 or a 10. I still cannot get into a 12 pants, and forget anything smaller than a 14 top (and that is not very sightly!). We all carry our weight in such different ways, and I guess we all lose it in different ways!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:53 AM   #457  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Your welcome 1 Anyone asking about the new life style shakes I have used them since almost fromthe beginning and have lost very well . I love the Mocha ones and the vanilla .Much cheaper and almost excactly the same as Ip ones .

My husband loved the pictures . He was so surprised . They turned out so beautiful and it was fun to see his reaction to them . Everyone should do a photo shoot once like this . It made me feel beautiful and very lady like . LOL . Thanks for all your encouragement today and all the kind words you all have given us . I feel very blessed.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:03 AM   #458  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Your welcome 1 Anyone asking about the new life style shakes I have used them since almost fromthe beginning and have lost very well . I love the Mocha ones and the vanilla .Much cheaper and almost excactly the same as Ip ones .

My husband loved the pictures . He was so surprised . They turned out so beautiful and it was fun to see his reaction to them . Everyone should do a photo shoot once like this . It made me feel beautiful and very lady like . LOL . Thanks for all your encouragement today and all the kind words you all have given us . I feel very blessed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
Tonight I was at my 7 year olds All Star baseball game and sat next to one of his teammates parents. Today was their 16th wedding anniversary too!

Anyway, I said it before, and I'll say it again, we appreciate all your Husband does for this Country and the sacrifices you and your family have, and continue to make to protect all of us. The fact that he is a Chaplain, makes him all the more special.

Your weight loss is incredible and the picture of the two of you is beautiful.
Thank you ! I think he is pretty special .We can only do what we do because this is what God has asked us to do . Without His strength it would be so much harder . KNowing we are in His will gets us thru those hard times . Thank you everyone who serves or has served our country . God bless you !
Old 05-22-2010, 03:04 AM   #459  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Good evening everyone! Again, a big thank you to everyone for the support and advice. This is the end of day 4, so far so good. I think my husband is starting to waver a bit, he's a little tired of lettuce. I reminded him that it will not be forever until he can change things up a little. It will be a longer journey for me but I am committed to loosing this weight and keeping it off!

Wishing everyone a wonderful day
Old 05-22-2010, 04:36 AM   #460  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

NSV alert:
I got my teeth cleaned today and while I was lying on the dentist couch, I was able to fold my hands on my stomach and have my elbows touching the couch! YAY me!
Old 05-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #461  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Oh my gosh - my grandpa is so proud of me. I come from a rather "large family" I say that in quotations because we are large in weight and not in #'s lol. My grandpa has always been a very health conscious man and even at 86 he's in great shape. It concerns him very much that his son and two daughters, and many of his grandchildren are overweight (some of us very obese) and I think he's just so happy that I'm trying to break that cycle.

It made me cry when he gave me what I thought was $2,000.00 never even mind $20,000. When I got home and told my husband after he got over the initial shock he joked and said "so does your grandpa know you still have another 60 lbs to lose lol.

Sadly I won't be spending the money on anything fun. I'm going to pay off my student loans and put about $15,000 of it away for when we decide to purchase a bigger house. I might just go on a very small "new jeans and bras excursion" as I've lost 65 lbs and I'm still wearing the same bras from before I started lol.
Very awesome, Jordanna... you deserve everything good in life that comes your way. Not only are you doing tremendous things for yourself and your family, you are inspiring and supporting so many others--including me.

And being the pragmatic person I am, I applaud you for playing it smart with the generous gift from your grandpa. But please, do invest in some new bras.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:32 AM   #462  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
I am still having trouble getting the premade vanilla drinks from my coach. Do I remember in the past that Lindora has the same exact drink? If so, which ones are they I don't want to order the wrong ones. I love the vanilla after its been in the freezer in a shallow tupperware for little while and gets all icey... yum!
Kelsey, I have been interchanging IP and Lindora for the past couple of months. I buy Lindora when they have a sale and buy IP when I see the doctor every week or two.I always buy a week of IP so I use the Lindora when I don't get back to the doc until 2 weeks or more later. I really feel they are pretty much identical and I like knowing I can stay on the diet and not be tied to this one specific doctor to get the food. I have a box filled with other Lindora food but I only have the boxed drinks for now. I have the bars, the cake, some drinks in packages too. I bought the tomato soup and really liked it and I don't like any of the IP soups but then I realized it has aspertame, which I am trying to avoid. I have just placed 2 more orders with Lindora because they have free shipping right now. I was shipping to 2 different homes so I don't have to carry any when I travel next week. They are heavy!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-22-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:33 AM   #463  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Stacerp....we are right there together. It is unreal that you are in a comfortable 10 and I am still in a 12. And I have 3 inches on you!!!! I am so excited for you. Hope graduation goes well. Check out those EAS Advantage drinks I was talking about. That will give you some variety. Hope you don't make yourself too scarce on this board!!!
A lot of my weight is carried in my boobs! hehe I have the typical hour glass shape. It also helps that I have a very flat stomach. About five years ago I had a tummy tuck. I had 3 c-sections and no matter how hard I tried (worked out with a trainer 3 x's/week for 3 months) I couldn't get rid of the 'apron' of fat hanging off my stomach. I'm sure it weren't for that, I would still be a 12.

Are they the EAS Edge? I plan on getting some of those to have at the ready. Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #464  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHERYL5 View Post
First off thank you all for your support this web site rocks! I had my first WI today and lost 6.8 lbs. I was very happy with that. I owe some of that to all the people here for making me realize I am not going through this alone and the support I get along the way! Now a question of course. Since I lost the weight I obviously want to adjust my scale at the bottom, do I have to create a whole new one, or is there a way to adjust it? Thanks for everything and keep on being a loser. :")
Wow! Great job on your first week! You are doing awesome!!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #465  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I think I know how to get him back, he recently quit smoking but has an "emergency" pack by his bed side table. I plan to empty it and put a note that says "love you too"

glad you believe me, rather have my butter scotch IP pudding anyways
Great idea on the "emergency pack" idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
I have been waiting for the RTD shakes, too. I just placed an order with New Lifestyle.(Thanks CW for mentioning that they were in stock.) Shipping is free if the order is over $200 and the coupon makes it $35 cheaper, yet. I ordered 4 cases of the vanilla. Going on a trip and will probably live on them. I also use the EAS Advantage drinks, too. Get them at Walmart for $5for 4.
Have a willpower weekend and hope the weigh ins next week are huge!!!!!
I'm going to try some of these drinks. It's been well over a month since I've been able to get the vanilla shakes. It's time to move on to plan B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
When I started IP my coach told me that it takes six weeks for the pancreas to reset, which is needed so that you don't regain the weight when you go off IP. The six weeks, she said, must be totally on plan.
Sorry, such a long story just to say that I think my pancreas is reset! I am soooo excited!! Today I bought 2 tops in medium (unreal!) and capri's in a very comfortable 10. I started in an XL top and tight 14's (some loose 16's). I am actually excited to get back on plan on Monday, but I am going to try doing it with Jay Robb protein powder.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Our daughter is graduating so I will be with a lot of family this weekend. Oh..speaking of family: today I found out that my mom-in-law has been telling people that I have lost 50 pounds! (because she said that's what it looks like )
Well first of all, congratulations on getting your daughter through to this point. My son has been a pain of late and I was wondering if I'd be able to let him live long enough to walk across the stage, or if perhaps I was going to have to drag his little a**. sigh.

Second, Way to go on the NSVs! Isn't it great?!?!? and Rocky has a new sizing system you might like - 14MT is actually a 14 with muffin top, etc... I think she's genious, I think the system will stick.

Third if people think you've lost 50, well that just means you're looking great! Some people are just now reluctanly mentioning that they can tell I've lost weight now... So I'd take that and be thrilled with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
NSV alert:
I got my teeth cleaned today and while I was lying on the dentist couch, I was able to fold my hands on my stomach and have my elbows touching the couch! YAY me!
Way to go Rocky! How funny that you even noticed that! I'm going to start paying closer attention, I bet I'm having little NSVs and not even realizing!

Happy Saturday everyone.

Be true to IP and IP will be true to you!

Last edited by Kelsey; 05-22-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Closed Thread