3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Ip Chat Week May 17 - 23

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #421
Senior Member
 
SweetSheila's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 112

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I hate the soups with all my heart. Take them back and do an exchange! I have done that twice now and seems like I have to do it again as they gave me the banana/pineapple drink which I also hate hate hate.

you can have any 3 packages that you want per day as long as they are NOT on the restricted items list.
I just get the boxes of seven I guess I didn't realize you can exchange. Is that everywhere or no? That would be awesome if I can because I am trying really hard to get this chicken soup down. I take the other soups are not that great either?? To bad we couldn't sample first. Seven packets is a lot when you don't like it
SweetSheila is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #422
Senior Member
 
BevS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Posts: 714

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
I just checked the website. They sell protein shakes and such. Are these alolowed to be substituted. i looked them over and compared them to some of the IP products and most are identical in nutritional values and numbers.
Well, TX, I didn't ask my coach. I just took the bull by the horns and did it. It worked OK for me. The Lindora site has a lot of success stories to read about. I actually only ordered once from Ideal Protein after paying $300 for my quick-start package. That's when someone on this forum told me about Lindora. I told my coach I was using some substitutions to save money, and she seemed fine with it. She is a young, married mom still living at home with her parents to save money. She has still been supportive. Many coaches might not be though.
__________________
BevS is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #423
Senior Member
 
SweetSheila's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 112

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Well, TX, I didn't ask my coach. I just took the bull by the horns and did it. It worked OK for me. The Lindora site has a lot of success stories to read about. I actually only ordered once from Ideal Protein after paying $300 for my quick-start package. That's when someone on this forum told me about Lindora. I told my coach I was using some substitutions to save money, and she seemed fine with it. She is a young, married mom still living at home with her parents to save money. She has still been supportive. Many coaches might not be though.
I wish I could do that but I don't know how that would work. The chiropractor I go through just charges a flat $100.00 a week for three boxes, vitamins, and salt. I wish I could substitute to save money
SweetSheila is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #424
Persian Queen
 
TXRealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 85

Height: 5'4''

Default

Thanks BevS so much,
What other products of theirs have you used safely (i.e. did not stop losing weight?). Would my rep/coach allow for products to be bought outside of her control? I mean they make a living out of this, don't they? I was speaking with this coach and asking questions from her about IP. By the middle of the conversaion, we figured out that it would take me an hour or more each way to go for weigh-ins and she was nice enough to give me the name of another coach closer to me (hence only the name and not the number) and she quickly said she had to hang up. Not that I blame her, she found out I had no economic usefulness for her and stopped caring. Now, a good rep would continue to help (especially since I was uncomfortable by then as well and wanted to not take any more of her time either) and I could have referred to her other friends living close to her. Some of us never learn.

Do you guys miss fruits? I have to go out of town tomorrow but am planning on seeing this other coach sometimes next week. Should I try reading the attached info on the sticky and buy from Lindora first?
BTW, does the soy from health food market have as much protein? I have in the past bought soy chips from them but it didn't have a lot of protein in it.

PQ
TXRealtor is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #425
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 795

S/C/G: 135/131/125

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
I just get the boxes of seven I guess I didn't realize you can exchange. Is that everywhere or no? That would be awesome if I can because I am trying really hard to get this chicken soup down. I take the other soups are not that great either?? To bad we couldn't sample first. Seven packets is a lot when you don't like it
I have never heard a place refusing return. YES chicken soup is the worst, followed by mushroom and then leak. I couldn't eat the soup, made me gag to be honest.

7 of something sucky is a lot. I pick 21 of whatever I want, they obviously have to break the boxes to do that for me. Trust me, rest of the stuff is yummy...almost everything is good except soups AND the pineapple/banana drink. Go the the main IP website and pick whatever you want, write it down and then go them with your exchanges; $4 a pack is too much to throw away and you shouldn't suffer to eat something.
__________________
this is my re boot tracker:

pitakitten is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #426
Persian Queen
 
TXRealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 85

Height: 5'4''

Default

Hey BevS,
How long have you been on IP? You lost 50 lbs and I know we are all different but was wondering.
TXRealtor is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #427
Senior Member
 
SweetSheila's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 112

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I have never heard a place refusing return. YES chicken soup is the worst, followed by mushroom and then leak. I couldn't eat the soup, made me gag to be honest.

7 of something sucky is a lot. I pick 21 of whatever I want, they obviously have to break the boxes to do that for me. Trust me, rest of the stuff is yummy...almost everything is good except soups AND the pineapple/banana drink. Go the the main IP website and pick whatever you want, write it down and then go them with your exchanges; $4 a pack is too much to throw away and you shouldn't suffer to eat something.
I am for sure going to try and exchange. Thank you so much for filling me in
SweetSheila is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 08:23 PM   #428
:)
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central FL
Posts: 483

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

[quote=RedMonkey;3301749]And some follow the protocol to an absolute T and still lose slowly. We are individuals and we must keep that at the top of our minds.

RedMonkey, you started 1 week before me and you're 3 lbs ahead of me, so I guess that makes me a slow loser too... I thought I was doing great.

Carla - your pictures are amazing!!! You look lovely!! Seeing them helped me stay motivated to stay true to the program!

I agree about the pictures being a major motivator! Keep 'em coming everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i'm averaging 4 per week exactly, today is day 28 and i am down 16 lbs on the dot
Way to go! You're doing great!!!
__________________
Sick of it all! Sick of dieting, sick of not dieting. Sick of being fat, sick of caring that I am still fat after all these years. Sick.
Kelsey is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #429
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 795

S/C/G: 135/131/125

Height: 5'2"

Default

funny story:

I have 2 pints of ice cream in the freezer along with some dibbs. Boy friend is away for the weekend and being bored I just wanted to look at the dibbs is all (I swear) so I open the box up, the box is filled up with ice instead of ice cream and a note in there that just says "love you".

pretty cute I thought.
__________________
this is my re boot tracker:

pitakitten is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #430
:)
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central FL
Posts: 483

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
funny story:

I have 2 pints of ice cream in the freezer along with some dibbs. Boy friend is away for the weekend and being bored I just wanted to look at the dibbs is all (I swear) so I open the box up, the box is filled up with ice instead of ice cream and a note in there that just says "love you".

pretty cute I thought.
OMG that is sooooooo funny!!!! Just wanted to look... we ate at Mimi's Cafe the other day and my salad came with a muffin, so i let my hubby choose the muffin for himself, but when it arrived I said hold on, and I picked it up brought it up to my face and inhaled as deeply as I could. Then I gave it back and said, "Okay, I just wanted to smell it" SO I believe you!!!
__________________
Sick of it all! Sick of dieting, sick of not dieting. Sick of being fat, sick of caring that I am still fat after all these years. Sick.
Kelsey is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #431
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 795

S/C/G: 135/131/125

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
OMG that is sooooooo funny!!!! Just wanted to look... we ate at Mimi's Cafe the other day and my salad came with a muffin, so i let my hubby choose the muffin for himself, but when it arrived I said hold on, and I picked it up brought it up to my face and inhaled as deeply as I could. Then I gave it back and said, "Okay, I just wanted to smell it" SO I believe you!!!
I think I know how to get him back, he recently quit smoking but has an "emergency" pack by his bed side table. I plan to empty it and put a note that says "love you too"

glad you believe me, rather have my butter scotch IP pudding anyways
__________________
this is my re boot tracker:

pitakitten is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #432
:)
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central FL
Posts: 483

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Well, TX, I didn't ask my coach. I just took the bull by the horns and did it. It worked OK for me. The Lindora site has a lot of success stories to read about. I actually only ordered once from Ideal Protein after paying $300 for my quick-start package. That's when someone on this forum told me about Lindora. I told my coach I was using some substitutions to save money, and she seemed fine with it. She is a young, married mom still living at home with her parents to save money. She has still been supportive. Many coaches might not be though.
I am still having trouble getting the premade vanilla drinks from my coach. Do I remember in the past that Lindora has the same exact drink? If so, which ones are they I don't want to order the wrong ones. I love the vanilla after its been in the freezer in a shallow tupperware for little while and gets all icey... yum!
__________________
Sick of it all! Sick of dieting, sick of not dieting. Sick of being fat, sick of caring that I am still fat after all these years. Sick.
Kelsey is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #433
Senior Member
 
BevS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Posts: 714

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
I wish I could do that but I don't know how that would work. The chiropractor I go through just charges a flat $100.00 a week for three boxes, vitamins, and salt. I wish I could substitute to save money
It probably wouldn't work for you if you really need the accountability of a coach. My coach told me from the beginning that I could do my own weigh-ins and measurements so after the first couple of times (their scale was cheap and weighed less than mine), I started doing it for myself and emailing the info. to her. I also go to their clinic for chiropractic care once a month and have been for the last couple of years so they're getting plenty of my money. Actually, it's money my insurance is paying them, but still...I have received most of my information from this forum anyway. If my coach would have had a problem with my ordering elsewhere, I would have just done it all on my own. I did pretty much anyway.
__________________
BevS is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #434
Senior Member
 
BevS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Posts: 714

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Thanks BevS so much,
What other products of theirs have you used safely (i.e. did not stop losing weight?). Would my rep/coach allow for products to be bought outside of her control? I mean they make a living out of this, don't they? I was speaking with this coach and asking questions from her about IP. By the middle of the conversaion, we figured out that it would take me an hour or more each way to go for weigh-ins and she was nice enough to give me the name of another coach closer to me (hence only the name and not the number) and she quickly said she had to hang up. Not that I blame her, she found out I had no economic usefulness for her and stopped caring. Now, a good rep would continue to help (especially since I was uncomfortable by then as well and wanted to not take any more of her time either) and I could have referred to her other friends living close to her. Some of us never learn.

Do you guys miss fruits? I have to go out of town tomorrow but am planning on seeing this other coach sometimes next week. Should I try reading the attached info on the sticky and buy from Lindora first?
BTW, does the soy from health food market have as much protein? I have in the past bought soy chips from them but it didn't have a lot of protein in it.

PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post
Hey BevS,
How long have you been on IP? You lost 50 lbs and I know we are all different but was wondering.


Hey, TX, I used the berry and strawberry creme smoothies, the cheesecake, the custard creme pudding with toffee bits, and the caramel nut bars as a restricted item. I also sometimes made a shake out of whey protein isolate and the Walden Farms chocolate syrup and made crepes using sugar free pancake mix and whey protein isolate that were about 3 1/2 net carbs or something like that. I started the diet on Jan. 5 and reached goal today. The first week I lost 6 1/2 pounds and the second week 3 1/2. After that it got less and less the closer I got to goal, but I never had a week where I didn't lose something, plus I always lost inches. When I started, my measurements were 44-41-44, with the waist measurement around the belly button and I was wearing size 16 in jeans. Today my measurements are 38-29-36 and I'm wearing a size 6 in jeans. I'm really not trying to convince anyone to go with substitutions. I'm just saying I did and it worked for me. I think Ideal Protein is way overpriced and they could do better by their clients. You might try starting out with a coach and go IP all the way and decide how much support you're getting there before you decide to do it on your own or not.

I was talking about soy nuts. As far as I know, they have the same amount of protein no matter where you get them. I don't know about the chips as I didn't use them.
__________________
BevS is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #435
Senior Member
 
BevS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beavercreek, Ohio
Posts: 714

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
I am still having trouble getting the premade vanilla drinks from my coach. Do I remember in the past that Lindora has the same exact drink? If so, which ones are they I don't want to order the wrong ones. I love the vanilla after its been in the freezer in a shallow tupperware for little while and gets all icey... yum!
Hi, Kelsey, I have never used the ready-made drinks from Lindora, so I'm not sure, but here is the link to see what you think: http://shop.lindora.com/Vanilla-Read...vie wprod.htm They are 4 for $10. There is no ingredient list to click on for this particular item. You'd probably have to call them to see what they are. Chaplain's Wifey orders them from New Lifestyle.
__________________
BevS is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Chat - Week of May 16th jordanna Ideal Protein Diet 36 05-17-2010 11:38 AM
IP Chat - Week of March 22nd - 28th jordanna Ideal Protein Diet 495 03-29-2010 07:08 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2