Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #166  

Go up to the top of this page and click on the link that says "other reduced carb diets". You will find some sticky threads at the top that have recipes, FAQ's, phases of IP etc. Hope that helps!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #167  

CW- You will lose that weight in a flash when you get back on IP. You only get so much time with hubby, so just enjoy without guilt. When I went on vaction, I gained 5# and it was gone in 3 days.
I second the comment thanking you and all other military families for what you do to help all of us here in the U.S.

I lost .8# last night. I really lost inches last night though, even with a little loss. Most of us have had a week where we lost very little, but it is a little discouraging. To be honest, I probably need to tighten up my program a little. Over time it is easy to slip a little in all the good habits needed to do great. I had several social outings last week, and while I did well, it is hard to be 100% at those times when what you are served is out of your control. I take my own food, or bring a big salad to share usually.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Pitakitten - you are not allowed to have salad dressings with calories/fat/carbs. You can use WF dressings, make your own (look up recipes in the recipe section, but that's it.

For everyone starting this diet or questioning their results the formula is very simple, if you follow it to a T you will lose weight. Whenever you add extras, cheat, go off plan, modify it at all it won't work.

There is no cheating the IP System, if you put in the hard work and live within the restrictions of the diet you will lose the weight.
oh brother!

I showed the darn thing to my coach the very first time I went in!!! I SWEAR!!! I SWEAR!!! and she said perfect! since then every night I use it and every night I wonder about it!!

this just totally blows me away, I do understand that my own ignorance is responsible for it too BUT I trust her....

I couldn't find a store here with WF products after all. I ordered some through amazon last week, hoping they be here soon.

I honeslty was not trying to cheat...actually a little teary currently, I have this thing every frigging night for crying out loud.

thanks for the input...I will be ranting to others soon.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #169  

Height: 5'8"

WI #4 today and guess what, I got over that plateau!! Down 3.7 lbs to 177, YES, I AM IN THE 170s PEOPLE!! ok, back to work now, but everyone PLEASE remember that when the scale doesn't budge for 4 days or even a week, over a matter of 2 days I dropped that weight like THAT! keep it up y'all and congrats on the losses
Old 05-19-2010, 12:16 PM   #170  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
For everyone starting this diet or questioning their results the formula is very simple, if you follow it to a T you will lose weight. Whenever you add extras, cheat, go off plan, modify it at all it won't work.

There is no cheating the IP System, if you put in the hard work and live within the restrictions of the diet you will lose the weight.
Thank you, Jordanna. You are a poster child for this diet, and I hope that folks appreciate the results behind the soundness of your advice. Not to be harsh, but I see people without your track record telling other people that it's okay to deviate from the protocol.

I for one resolved right up front to get this done as quickly as possible rather than waste time or $$ by second guessing the formula. If people choose to rationalize cheats and substitutions, I guess that's up to them. I can understand what may have driven someone to fall off the IP wagon and encourage them to get back on, but I can't in good conscience tell them it's not going to have an effect on their weight loss. If this diet is too restrictive for some folks, I can understand that, too. I'm just saying that once you start tweaking it to suit your tastes or cravings, you run the risk of jeopardizing the quick losses we are all (I assume) trying to achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Here is my take on the Diet Pop issue. I drink one a day and it has not affected me one bit. I think my body is used to Diet Pepsi and I figure if the coffee drinkers can have their one cup a day, I am going to have my pleasure once a day also. Would it have helped to stop it completely?? I'll never know, but I have taken so many other things out of my diet I was not about to lose this one thing I love too.

I have my weigh it today. I am anxious seeing as how I gained .2 last week after switching to Phase 2. I should be down though, because I am on my scale.
My IP "can't have" list includes soda, but not coffee. In fact, it says you can have as much as an ounce of milk in your coffee (I take mine black). Elsewhere, it says you can only have caffeinated coffee in the morning... anything later in the day needs to be decaf. And that each cup of coffee consumed requires adding another glass of water to the 64 ounce minimum.

I can't speak to whether or not a diet soda a day would have slowed me down, but I've continued to manage my coffee consumption per the protocol and have already surpassed my goal as I begin my second week of Phase 2.

Just sayin.'
Old 05-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
oh brother!

I showed the darn thing to my coach the very first time I went in!!! I SWEAR!!! I SWEAR!!! and she said perfect! since then every night I use it and every night I wonder about it!!

this just totally blows me away, I do understand that my own ignorance is responsible for it too BUT I trust her....

I couldn't find a store here with WF products after all. I ordered some through amazon last week, hoping they be here soon.

I honeslty was not trying to cheat...actually a little teary currently, I have this thing every frigging night for crying out loud.

thanks for the input...I will be ranting to others soon.
Pitakitten - I'm attaching the Phase 1 protocol for you from Ideal Protein. I'm not sure why your coach doesn't follow this but I hope it helps!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phase 1 - Ideal Protein.pdf (67.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 05-19-2010, 12:38 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Pitakitten - I'm attaching the Phase 1 protocol for you from Ideal Protein. I'm not sure why your coach doesn't follow this but I hope it helps!
thank you! I am not even sure why I waste my time by going there once a week, I can just email my food order and pick it up at the door.

till my WF stuff comes (checked and not till 25th). I am going to make a big batch of this (just found it on the recepie page)

MOM'S SALAD DRESSING
1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 c. vinegar
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. Splenda
1 t. seasalt
Mix altogether. Can add garlic, oregano, hotsauce, etc. to your taste.

I'll replace olive oil with walnut oil I just purchased last night and also have rice white vinegar (bought it at the begining to use for dressing but since she said all was good with mine never used it ).

thanks a bunch for all the help.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #173  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
WI #4 today and guess what, I got over that plateau!! Down 3.7 lbs to 177, YES, I AM IN THE 170s PEOPLE!! ok, back to work now, but everyone PLEASE remember that when the scale doesn't budge for 4 days or even a week, over a matter of 2 days I dropped that weight like THAT! keep it up y'all and congrats on the losses
Yay!!!!!!!! Congrats Erin. I hope my weigh in goes as well
Old 05-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #174  

TO JOURNEYSEND: How about pork rind / chicarrones in the chip aisle (no carb, high protein, some fat) or egg to bind the ground beef? Just be sure to count the fat in the pork rinds...hopefully you found some 93% lean ground beef?!?!?!?
Old 05-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #175  

TO NOVAK; You are RIGHT ON! I've been told NO SODA, as well. I guess all sorts of things impact the pH levels in your body, etc. and every "cheat" or step off protocol will keep you from losing as quickly as you might have otherwise. If you look at a diet soda label, it's got some pretty quirky ingredients that I would imagine impact pH levels, weight loss, etc. I am doing modified IP because of $$$$ but I've lost about 14 pounds in 5 weeks I feel great and look better already!
Old 05-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #176  

To CHAPLAINS WIFEY A pound or two of that may very well be extra food in your digestive tract. We're going for inches and our actual size. I gain about 4 pounds before my period ~ I guess our bodies actually burn an extra 250 calories a day (approx) just with all the processes associated with menstruation.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #177  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

Hello ladies,
Most of you seem to be doing great. I have been reading all the old posts (all original 28 screen pages) and have a good basic understanding of this diet. I am hoping to start soon. I did lose on WW but never on Atkins, so I am a little nervous. I have 80 pounds to lose and this diet sounds to work quicker than others plus protein and the selected veggies are good and sound. I will check back soon.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 205/186/135 started IP May 3

Height: 5'6

Hi ppl!!

I am new to the forum! I started the IP program on May 3rd and as of May 13th at my weigh in, I've lost 14.4 inches and 14 lbs!! I love the puddings!! my friend started the program today!!

Its only been a few weeks and I am sick of salad!!!!! lol

anyone else suffer from hypothyroid? hows it working for ya?

Last edited by kiki28; 05-19-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Welcome kiki28 and TXrealtor, glad to have you aboard!
Mamaerinb- ..Nice work!
Canadianmama...yayayay! That has to feel great!
Lady5andy.....J'espère que vous vous sentez mieux bientôt!

Jordanna and Novak.... I absolutely agree with you guys in following the IP protocol. The ONLY non IP product I use are the Dr.B vanilla/choc ready made drink which is half the price and word for word the same ingredients and package as IP. I have posted a few times this week my struggle but with no responses (except Yellie..thanks!) My body seems to have just stopped losing. I measure my food, have extra water, get in all my supplements, walk 5kms, 4 times a week, and didn't even lick my fingers when making my son's b-day cake this weekend past. My coach thinks I am too stressed out about losing this weight, and that may be my problem. I have no interest in cheating because I am so concerned with losing weight.. Am I too obsessed? Have you guys ever had a week or two of no movement on the scale or in inches?

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 05-19-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:31 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 168/158/130

Height: 5'3

Does anyone have any insight on if olives from the can are permitted. It's not listed as a non restricted or as a restricted food. Just wondering if anyone might have a reason for this. Is it a sodium thing, even after draining?? Any thoughts would helpful.
Closed Thread