Old 05-16-2010, 07:22 AM   #1  

Smile IP Chat - Week of May 16th

Hey everyone here's the link to last weeks chat!

As a reminder, please try to multi-quote or go back and edit your previous posts to cut down on the thread size!

IP Chat Week of May 10th
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #2  

last night we went for a family bike ride & stopped for ice cream. My husband got my favorite flavor (toasted coconut)...I had one little taste and it was so good. I can't wait to treat myself this summer. This morning my scale said I weighed 211.8 I know that's probably not significant to anyone but it is to me...I've officially lost 62.6 lbs, which is .1 lb over my half way point!! I'm half way to goal!!

Oh and I haven't tested the Rhubarb Crisp recipe yet because I'd already had my 1 restricted item for the week and I'm trying to put up a good number on Monday so I don't want to temp fate by having another. I'll have it on Monday for lunch. I was thinking of adding some WF Strawberry Syrup to it also!

Last edited by jordanna; 05-16-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #3  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia
Calgarygirlie= I did stop eating rhubarb because I was looking for any explanation for my stalled weight loss. Haven't had any in probably a month. Not surprised that it has more carbs... like most things, it's probably fine in moderation.
HockeyMom- They are 19 and almost 22.Both played hockey before they could really skate-- like 4 years old. But they weren't into a lot of other sports like your son is. Just tennis, soccer and golf. One loves to ski. We loved those travel hockey years though at the time they could be a little overwhelming. Made friends with a lot of great parents and would have parties when we travelled overnight together. I know exactly what you mean about not ALL the parents! lol-- I loved the Dad's who yelled at the refs at every game.
Sam0617--Both nutrition facts for the box vanilla drinks are in front of me.
They are identical with a couple of exceptions: Cholesterol is 0 with Lindora and 10mg with IP. Sodium is 230mg with Lindora and 240mg with IP. Potassium is 220mg with Lindora and 190mg with IP. Sugar is 1g with Lindora and 0 with IP. Lindora says total calories of 100 with 30 from fat.IP says 100 carlories with 35 from fat.There are some differences with the ingredients but not much. Both have sucralose and acesulfame-K as their last ingredients. Both have 15g protein and 3g carbs. Neither one have soy. First ingredients for both are filtered water, protein blend (milk protein concentrate, whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate), sunflower oil.And neither one have aspertame. Hope that helps! (I love these drinks-- 3 x a day for me)

Sent by Sam0617 Thank you can I ask do you buy the premixed vanilla drink from Lindora and how many come in a pack? I took a look at their website and I also saw a choclate premixed drink but that comes in a can have you tried the chocolate. Is the vanilla the only one that comes in a box?

Sam
- I don't know if there is a chocolate in a box. I only buy the vanilla ones because I prefer them. Bought a chocolate IP the first week and didn't like it -- Have never tried it again. I did buy some of the Lindora chocolate in a can drinks just to try. I've only had one. I just prefer the vanilla. I buy them from the doctor I see for IP when I am there. I buy the Lindora to travel - to have as back up. Hope that helps. (I also bought the bars and other stuff from Lindora but am saving it all until I have lost all the weight or for serious food craving emergencies!!I bought the cake too -- even sent one to Jordanna to have at her son's first birthday party.)
Jordanna-- I am halfway too!! Go US!!!
I can't wait to try the rhubarb, oatmeal, strawberry syrup recipe. But I want to be in the 170s when I do it. Big challenge this week. Friday night Mexican house party. Margaritas, Mexican homemade food, mariachi band...oh no...............

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-16-2010 at 11:25 AM.
HopefulTricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/186/160 (start 1/8/11)

Height: 5'3"

Default Day 1 -- What is "lettuce"? 4 packs during week 1?

Started IP today and of course, being Sunday can't just call up my coach.

Perhaps I'm overthinking the idea of lettuce. Would that be iceburg only? Or can it be romaine or leaf? Can that include arugula or spinach? Believe the latter are vegatables, perhaps I can have lots of iceburg w/2 cups spinach?

Also read on here about adding a 4th pack if hungry. Is that like a 2nd snack pack? Say pudding in afternoon & pudding after dinner? My coach recommended buying bar & eating a small piece if hungry. Not wanted to be tempted, I didn't buy them so I'd still to only protocol.

Finally -- other than water, what can we drink? Is black coffee or decaf unsweet ice tea OK? Thanks for any tips.

Hoping for the best & fearing the worst. This was my birthday present to myself. What was I thinking
smithaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #5  

My scale at home is slightly different from my official weigh in one, about 3-4lbs lighter at home. BUT, taking that into consideration, when I got on the scale this morning it said...wait for it...

Yep, that number begins with a 2!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!
want2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #6  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

I posted this on the old thread just before it was closed.
Hello everyone!
I just want to say how great it is to read everyones progress and support here. My husband and I will be starting our IP on Tuesday.. I can't wait!!

I am new to the bords, but not new to weight loss. I was in WW for a long time and I started off strong. I lost 180lbs but after being on the program for 3 years, I fell off hard! over the past 4 years I have managed to gain 100 of those lbs back. My husbands co-worker is using IP with amazing results, I thought.. why not, all I have to loose is weight.

I look forward to reading everyones success and tips and I will try to share my journey as well.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day ..
Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
My scale at home is slightly different from my official weigh in one, about 3-4lbs lighter at home. BUT, taking that into consideration, when I got on the scale this morning it said...wait for it...

AHHHHHHH CONGRATULATIONS Want2Run!! :t wirly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithaa View Post
Started IP today and of course, being Sunday can't just call up my coach.

Perhaps I'm overthinking the idea of lettuce. Would that be iceburg only? Or can it be romaine or leaf? Can that include arugula or spinach? Believe the latter are vegatables, perhaps I can have lots of iceburg w/2 cups spinach?

Also read on here about adding a 4th pack if hungry. Is that like a 2nd snack pack? Say pudding in afternoon & pudding after dinner? My coach recommended buying bar & eating a small piece if hungry. Not wanted to be tempted, I didn't buy them so I'd still to only protocol.

Finally -- other than water, what can we drink? Is black coffee or decaf unsweet ice tea OK? Thanks for any tips.

Hoping for the best & fearing the worst. This was my birthday present to myself. What was I thinking
According to my coach any lettuce is just fine - spinach is considered a vegetable that you have to measure though.

You can have a fourth package of any non restricted food - so pudding, drink, shake, omelet, cereal...

Black coffee - you are allowed one cup a day anything above that you have to drink another water to compensate for it. Some people do drink splenda sweetened water flavors to help get the water in.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post

WOAH !!! That's so great !!! Bravo!!!

Addy - Welcome !!

& to the 2 person that have answered me in the last thread (I don't remember, sorry, I'm so stupid sometimes ) THANK YOU!

I weighted this morning with my scale at home, and it say : 168 ! YAY, I'm under 170!

Someone said on the new thread that they have one item/week. I though it was 1/day ?

Last edited by 1FCuser; 05-16-2010 at 02:04 PM.
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #9  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Jordanna on your NOV and your amazing loss. I am 3.3 lbs away from my half way point. I can't wait!

Congrats Want2run on getting into the 200's.

Smithaa - I just started drinking Liptons Diet Grean Tea Citrus.

Chankable - Thanks for the info on the Oil.
ChelleFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:38 PM   #10  

Hiya Lady - I have one restricted item per week, it's just a rule I have for myself. I usually have either the vegetarian chili, or the bbq soy puffs as my treat but this coming week I'm going to try the maple oatmeal as a crumble topping on my rhubarb.

I have a lot of weight to lose and I'll lose it faster if I don't have restricted items. There are even some coaches who say no restricted items at all until after you're at 70% weight loss. Most coaches just limit your restricted intake for the first few weeks just to jump start your weight loss and ketosis.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #11  

I am only breastfeeding 3 times a day (my girl is 17 months old). My coach knew about this, which is why I was told to take 4 packets a day. But, I have been wanting to wean her for a few months now so maybe now is the time! Time for me to get my body back, right?! I'm sure that will help with my mood, as well.
pookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #12  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia
Calgarygirlie= I did stop eating rhubarb because I was looking for any explanation for my stalled weight loss. Haven't had any in probably a month. Not surprised that it has more carbs... like most things, it's probably fine in moderation.
HockeyMom- They are 19 and almost 22.Both played hockey before they could really skate-- like 4 years old. But they weren't into a lot of other sports like your son is. Just tennis, soccer and golf. One loves to ski. We loved those travel hockey years though at the time they could be a little overwhelming. Made friends with a lot of great parents and would have parties when we travelled overnight together. I know exactly what you mean about not ALL the parents! lol-- I loved the Dad's who yelled at the refs at every game.
Sam0617--Both nutrition facts for the box vanilla drinks are in front of me.
They are identical with a couple of exceptions: Cholesterol is 0 with Lindora and 10mg with IP. Sodium is 230mg with Lindora and 240mg with IP. Potassium is 220mg with Lindora and 190mg with IP. Sugar is 1g with Lindora and 0 with IP. Lindora says total calories of 100 with 30 from fat.IP says 100 carlories with 35 from fat.There are some differences with the ingredients but not much. Both have sucralose and acesulfame-K as their last ingredients. Both have 15g protein and 3g carbs. Neither one have soy. First ingredients for both are filtered water, protein blend (milk protein concentrate, whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate), sunflower oil.And neither one have aspertame. Hope that helps! (I love these drinks-- 3 x a day for me)

Sent by Sam0617 Thank you can I ask do you buy the premixed vanilla drink from Lindora and how many come in a pack? I took a look at their website and I also saw a choclate premixed drink but that comes in a can have you tried the chocolate. Is the vanilla the only one that comes in a box?

Sam
- I don't know if there is a chocolate in a box. I only buy the vanilla ones because I prefer them. Bought a chocolate IP the first week and didn't like it -- Have never tried it again. I did buy some of the Lindora chocolate in a can drinks just to try. I've only had one. I just prefer the vanilla. I buy them from the doctor I see for IP when I am there. I buy the Lindora to travel - to have as back up. Hope that helps. (I also bought the bars and other stuff from Lindora but am saving it all until I have lost all the weight or for serious food craving emergencies!!I bought the cake too -- even sent one to Jordanna to have at her son's first birthday party.)
Jordanna-- I am halfway too!! Go US!!!
I can't wait to try the rhubarb, oatmeal, strawberry syrup recipe. But I want to be in the 170s when I do it. Big challenge this week. Friday night Mexican house party. Margaritas, Mexican homemade food, mariachi band...oh no...............
Thank you and how many drinks come in a pack of the vanilla?
sam0617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #13  

The more you pull yourself in and out of ketosis with the cheats on alcohol, crackers, bagels, rice, candy, sweet, cookies/pastries, or any other items, THE HARDER this diet is and THE WORSE you will feel. I don't wish to be mean but the truth is, you MUST be committed to doing this and getting it over with. Going in and out of ketosis is hard on your body chemistry and literally makes you feel horrible. If you can get started and stick with it the cravings will go away, the energy will go up, and you will feel GOOD!

I could not agree more with this statement. Commitment to good health and the protocol is key. Get rid of the alcohol and do whatever you have to do in order to do so!

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-16-2010 at 06:35 PM.
chimpchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

just checking out my new ticker....I am official. Now time to get rid of some more pounds love this thread and appreciate all the support and the wonderful information
thanks
wen
wuc1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #15  

@Jordanna This is a good idea. I might do that too, like maybe 2 restricted packet or less for one week, because since I've started to eat those restricted items, I'm losing like 1-2 pounds, and before it was 3-5 pounds, so maybe that explain a lot..

Using the restricted packet as a treat, and not as ''an obligation'' Thank you for this idea !

______

Also, I don't know if anyone else is thinking like me, but I feel that the restricted packet like chips, soypuff, chocolate bar or others restricted items are giving me the bad habit of taking chocolate or chips at night. I usually have them in front of the TV at 9-10 pm, so I was wondering if at the end of my IP diet, I'll be tempted to continue with such foods at night but instead of proteins, they'll be like Lays, or Hershey.. Eating those regularly is a bad habit for the future, I think.

Using them as a treat once a week is something we'll be able to do after our diet with real chips or chocolate without gaining back the weight, but we'll gain the weight back if we eat this everyday..

(I don't know if I'm explaining correctly, I hope you're understanding me even if my english isn't perfect...)
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote