Old 05-16-2010, 08:27 PM   #16  

To LADY5ANDY I agree with you. I'm not buying any more unrestricted items b/c they are too tempting and I eat 2 a day if I have them.
chimpchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
last night we went for a family bike ride & stopped for ice cream. My husband got my favorite flavor (toasted coconut)...I had one little taste and it was so good. I can't wait to treat myself this summer. This morning my scale said I weighed 211.8 I know that's probably not significant to anyone but it is to me...I've officially lost 62.6 lbs, which is .1 lb over my half way point!! I'm half way to goal!!

I have one restricted item per week, it's just a rule I have for myself.

I have a lot of weight to lose and I'll lose it faster if I don't have restricted items. There are even some coaches who say no restricted items at all until after you're at 70% weight loss. Most coaches just limit your restricted intake for the first few weeks just to jump start your weight loss and ketosis.
Congratulations!! You are doing so GOOD with this program! I am sure your whole family is cheering with you having reached the 1/2 way mark!

I wish my coach would sell me a restricted. NOPE! I am not allowed a restricted item until I am at my goal weight.. not 70, 80 OR 90%.. I have to be done! It makes it very hard especially after 6 months and now losing so much more slowly each week. It will be another 8 to 10 weeks before I get a restricted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithaa View Post
Started IP today and of course, being Sunday can't just call up my coach.

Perhaps I'm overthinking the idea of lettuce. Would that be iceburg only? Or can it be romaine or leaf? Can that include arugula or spinach? Believe the latter are vegatables, perhaps I can have lots of iceburg w/2 cups spinach?

Also read on here about adding a 4th pack if hungry. Is that like a 2nd snack pack? Say pudding in afternoon & pudding after dinner? My coach recommended buying bar & eating a small piece if hungry. Not wanted to be tempted, I didn't buy them so I'd still to only protocol.

Finally -- other than water, what can we drink? Is black coffee or decaf unsweet ice tea OK? Thanks for any tips.

Hoping for the best & fearing the worst. This was my birthday present to myself. What was I thinking
Lettuce is lettuce. My coach recommended staying with romaine but you can use iceberg or butter leaf or green leaf/red leaf or Rocket/arugula. Spinach, "collards, kale, dandelion, mustard, turnip or beet" greens are counted as a vegetable. I always mix mine up. ALSO, if I eat the spinach raw, I haven't worried about having a large salad of it with 2 cups of other veggies. Spinach is 0 carb per cup if raw.

The extra (4th) packet, I was told, is for whenever you need it. If you need it in the afternoon use it there. It is to be a NONRESTRICTED food item.

I wasn't given a limit on coffee or brewed tea. I could have regular or decaf or herbal so long as it was brewed not bottled or mixed and didn't have any form of sweetener, flavor, or citric acid pre-added. It was suggested I could flavor my water with a little lemon, mint, basil, or cucumber. I was told to drink more water on days I was having caffeine. I was told I could added splenda, stevia, extracts, or italian soda/coffee syrups that were sugar-free made of splenda (like torani, da vinci, or artisan brands).

I hope that helps! WELCOME! And, have a great week! Stay focused and on plan for the next 4 days, whatever it takes, even if you have to go up to 5 packets for the first 3 days. DON'T Cheat at all. You will be amazed at how much easier it gets and how much success you will have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy View Post
I posted this on the old thread just before it was closed.
Hello everyone!
I just want to say how great it is to read everyones progress and support here. My husband and I will be starting our IP on Tuesday.. I can't wait!!

I am new to the bords, but not new to weight loss. I was in WW for a long time and I started off strong. I lost 180lbs but after being on the program for 3 years, I fell off hard! over the past 4 years I have managed to gain 100 of those lbs back. My husbands co-worker is using IP with amazing results, I thought.. why not, all I have to loose is weight.

I look forward to reading everyones success and tips and I will try to share my journey as well.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day ..

WELCOME!! Best wishes to both you and your husband. HOW NICE that he is doing this with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
WOAH !!! That's so great !!! Bravo!!!

I weighted this morning with my scale at home, and it say : 168 ! YAY, I'm under 170!

Someone said on the new thread that they have one item/week. I though it was 1/day ?
WOO HOOO!!! Excellent result! You and I are the same height and weight right now! I wonder how we will both be losing. I have been doing this for so many months, I am now losing just a pound or two a week. I bet you will be below me very soon!

Depending on the restricted item, some are 1 per day, some are 2 per week. Jordanna is allowing herself only 1 per week of any restricted (it sounds like that to me; I hope I am right) but, that is her choice and not her coach's restriction.

I agree with you about the habits we are forming while on the diet. I keep thinking by the time I have reached my ideal weight, I won't know how to go to sleep without having a pudding first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
I am only breastfeeding 3 times a day (my girl is 17 months old). My coach knew about this, which is why I was told to take 4 packets a day. But, I have been wanting to wean her for a few months now so maybe now is the time! Time for me to get my body back, right?! I'm sure that will help with my mood, as well.
You are such a good mom! You have really gone a long time nursing, well past the window where the good health, immunity, and antibodies are transfered. I am sure any choice you make at this time will be fine.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-16-2010 at 08:46 PM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8"

just wanted to clarify, i read a lot of congrats to mamaerin on quitting smoking...i don't smoke and haven't quit recently. i believe the congrats should be going out to natural girl, i am pretty sure she was the one who posted that she quit last year

want2run and carla, woo-hoo!! CONGRATS!

i also don't think i'll be purchasing anymore restricteds for a few weeks. i think i've hit my plateau and i need to switch it up to get to losing again. TOM is back again today, i hate bloating!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-16-2010 at 08:58 PM.
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #19  

OK ... NSV alert!

I decided to go through my last amount of "when I used to be small clothes - all size 8 and 10". I could get them all on!!! Even the items I wore at the end of high school, 23 years ago! I was shocked! I am a good 20 pounds heavier than back then. And, it is the same clothing! They were a tad snug but not bad. All zipped, no uni-boob looks, and could sit. The 10's were a pretty good fit and the 8's are almost right. SOOO..... boyfriend and I went shopping.

When we were at Nordstrom's I tried on several items. I have always wanted some designer jeans and clothes and haven't been able to fit them. GUESS WHAT! The sizes I picked were TOO BIG!! YEAH! What I finally found was that I can were size 29 jeans/jean shorts and size 10 dresses! My bustline is too big for anything smaller right now. I was shocked. I was even told by another shopper that my legs looked skinny in the pair of jeans I had on! I didn't say it, just smiled with a thank you, but thought "OH, HONEY! If you had only see these thighs at a size 30 inches 5 months ago!" LOL

Feeling pretty good about how things are going!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
My scale at home is slightly different from my official weigh in one, about 3-4lbs lighter at home. BUT, taking that into consideration, when I got on the scale this morning it said...wait for it...

Yep, that number begins with a 2!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!
Congrats! That is great!

Quote:
Hello everyone!
I just want to say how great it is to read everyones progress and support here. My husband and I will be starting our IP on Tuesday.. I can't wait!!

I am new to the bords, but not new to weight loss. I was in WW for a long time and I started off strong. I lost 180lbs but after being on the program for 3 years, I fell off hard! over the past 4 years I have managed to gain 100 of those lbs back. My husbands co-worker is using IP with amazing results, I thought.. why not, all I have to loose is weight.

I look forward to reading everyones success and tips and I will try to share my journey as well.

Welcome! You will love IP! I think it's great that your husband is doing IP with you. My husband has been very supportive, but it would have been a little easier to have someone else in the same boat as me. My husband is actually toying with the idea of starting IP after seeing how great it's working for me.

Quote:
WOAH !!! That's so great !!! Bravo!!!

Addy - Welcome !!

& to the 2 person that have answered me in the last thread (I don't remember, sorry, I'm so stupid sometimes ) THANK YOU!

I weighted this morning with my scale at home, and it say : 168 ! YAY, I'm under 170!

Someone said on the new thread that they have one item/week. I though it was 1/day ?
Congratulations on seeing the 160's on your scale! Don't those little milestones feel great?!

Quote:
I am only breastfeeding 3 times a day (my girl is 17 months old). My coach knew about this, which is why I was told to take 4 packets a day. But, I have been wanting to wean her for a few months now so maybe now is the time! Time for me to get my body back, right?! I'm sure that will help with my mood, as well.
I tried to post a link for you but apparently I don't have enough posts yet so I'm not allowed The link I posted was from www dot kellymom dot com. I don't know if you're familiar with the site but there is tons and tons of great info on breastfeeding there. There is a section on nutrition for mom while nursing that I think will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
The more you pull yourself in and out of ketosis with the cheats on alcohol, crackers, bagels, rice, candy, sweet, cookies/pastries, or any other items, THE HARDER this diet is and THE WORSE you will feel. I don't wish to be mean but the truth is, you MUST be committed to doing this and getting it over with. Going in and out of ketosis is hard on your body chemistry and literally makes you feel horrible. If you can get started and stick with it the cravings will go away, the energy will go up, and you will feel GOOD!

I could not agree more with this statement. Commitment to good health and the protocol is key. Get rid of the alcohol and do whatever you have to do in order to do so!
I completely agree. Whatever your cheat triggers are, get rid of them. There are some things that I used to keep around the house, but don't anymore because it's too tempting. At first I felt a little bad about doing that because I told myself for a long time that I was buying those things for the kids, but I finally realized that if that junk isn't good for me than it most certainly isn't good for my kids either. Get rid of the temptations and refocus yourself. You can do this!

Tomorrow is my 8th weigh in. Last week was TOM and I only lost 2 lbs. I'm glad that I still had a loss, but I'm hoping this week shows a bigger loss. I wanted to be under 200 lbs when we visit family at the end of the month, and I think I'll be pretty close. What I'm most excited about though is that fact that my husband is really interested in starting IP. He's been very supportive since the beginning, but he was extremely skeptical. I don't blame him for being skeptical because I've tried several diets without success. My husband is seeing my successes though and I'm proving to him that this isn't yet another failed attempt. Not to mention he sees that I have so much more energy and don't feel crappy and rundown like I always did before. I'm praying that he'll take the plunge and start soon.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week with big losses and lots of NSVs!
yelliemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
last night we went for a family bike ride & stopped for ice cream. My husband got my favorite flavor (toasted coconut)...I had one little taste and it was so good. I can't wait to treat myself this summer. This morning my scale said I weighed 211.8 I know that's probably not significant to anyone but it is to me...I've officially lost 62.6 lbs, which is .1 lb over my half way point!! I'm half way to goal!!

Oh and I haven't tested the Rhubarb Crisp recipe yet because I'd already had my 1 restricted item for the week and I'm trying to put up a good number on Monday so I don't want to temp fate by having another. I'll have it on Monday for lunch. I was thinking of adding some WF Strawberry Syrup to it also!
Great Job! WAY TO STAY STRONG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
My scale at home is slightly different from my official weigh in one, about 3-4lbs lighter at home. BUT, taking that into consideration, when I got on the scale this morning it said...wait for it...

Yep, that number begins with a 2!!!!! Yahoo!!!!!!
Awesome! That must feel great!

Quote:
Hello everyone!

Welcome and good luck!

Well I am just finishing my week 3 and WI is on Tues. I'll let you know how it goes.
With everyone saying that the restricted is a major temptation, I may not want to get them. I have not tried any yet.

Has anyone that has been on them really noticed a major slow in their weight loss????
karleem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #22  

Chimpchamp I think this is the best thing to do. I doing this, we are learning to ignore the things that we cannot control, and that are bad for our health. I know that if I buy cookies, I'll eat all of them, and eat too much and gain weight. Because I know that I can't control myself on that, the better thing to do is to never buy it again !

Showgirlaz You're losing weight much faster when you don't eat restricted item. I know it's hard, but you'll be able to eat the things that you wan't MUCH faster by doing that!!

You are an inspiration to me! I started this diet at 190, and you at 248, and you're having some amazing result. It's normal that as time goes by, it's getting more difficult to loose. Don't give up !! Now, we're the same height and weight, so we can walk in this together! I'll be watching your results with interest for sure !!
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Talking

I agree with you about the habits we are forming while on the diet. I keep thinking by the time I have reached my ideal weight, I won't know how to go to sleep without having a pudding first!

FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY!!!!
Thanks for the laugh!!!!
karleem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 199/184.6/145

Height: 5'8

Default love this diet

I just had to say that I am loving this diet. Down 4 lbs. last week... total of 15lbs. in 3 weeks. Some days are tougher than others. Especially taking the kids out for ice cream and not having any- but it will be worth it in the end. There is just so much great information and support here on this site. Thanks everyone!!
rlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
@Jordanna This is a good idea. I might do that too, like maybe 2 restricted packet or less for one week, because since I've started to eat those restricted items, I'm losing like 1-2 pounds, and before it was 3-5 pounds, so maybe that explain a lot..

Using the restricted packet as a treat, and not as ''an obligation'' Thank you for this idea !

______

Also, I don't know if anyone else is thinking like me, but I feel that the restricted packet like chips, soypuff, chocolate bar or others restricted items are giving me the bad habit of taking chocolate or chips at night. I usually have them in front of the TV at 9-10 pm, so I was wondering if at the end of my IP diet, I'll be tempted to continue with such foods at night but instead of proteins, they'll be like Lays, or Hershey.. Eating those regularly is a bad habit for the future, I think.

Using them as a treat once a week is something we'll be able to do after our diet with real chips or chocolate without gaining back the weight, but we'll gain the weight back if we eat this everyday..

(I don't know if I'm explaining correctly, I hope you're understanding me even if my english isn't perfect...)
I completely agree with you. I have some restricted items but I don't eat one daily. I eat maybe 2 or 3 a week. I like to have them on hand because I would much rather "cheat" with a restricted bar than something much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
OK ... NSV alert!

I decided to go through my last amount of "when I used to be small clothes - all size 8 and 10". I could get them all on!!! Even the items I wore at the end of high school, 23 years ago! I was shocked! I am a good 20 pounds heavier than back then. And, it is the same clothing! They were a tad snug but not bad. All zipped, no uni-boob looks, and could sit. The 10's were a pretty good fit and the 8's are almost right. SOOO..... boyfriend and I went shopping.

When we were at Nordstrom's I tried on several items. I have always wanted some designer jeans and clothes and haven't been able to fit them. GUESS WHAT! The sizes I picked were TOO BIG!! YEAH! What I finally found was that I can were size 29 jeans/jean shorts and size 10 dresses! My bustline is too big for anything smaller right now. I was shocked. I was even told by another shopper that my legs looked skinny in the pair of jeans I had on! I didn't say it, just smiled with a thank you, but thought "OH, HONEY! If you had only see these thighs at a size 30 inches 5 months ago!" LOL

Feeling pretty good about how things are going!
That is great, Carla! I must admit though that I'm slightly jealous because I noticed that we are the same height and I was never able to wear a size 8 or 10 at your current weight. The last time I wore a size 10 I was probably 135 lbs. It's amazing that you can be the same height and weight as another person, but still have such different shaped bodies. Anyways, congrats on your NSVs today. Your commitment to the plan is definitely paying off!

Karleem I'm been eating some restricted items since my 3rd week and I haven't noticed any slowdown in my weight loss. I've had weeks where I've had a bar every single day, but recently I decided to have them less frequently. I didn't make the change because I wasn't losing weight, but because I didn't want to get into the habbit of thinking that I needed to eat a candy bar like chocolate every single day.

Last edited by yelliemom; 05-16-2010 at 09:28 PM.
yelliemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #26  

I'm sorry for my poor comprehension, but what does NSV mean ?

Showgirlaz That's some good news !!

Yelliemom Yes, those milestones are really encouraging! That, and the fact that my size 11 are too big.

Karleem I don't know if it's because of that, but it's been two weeks with the restricted item, and I'm not loosing as fast as before.. But I've cheated last sunday, so, I'm not sure.. I've bought some ketostix so I'll be able to tell you soon.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #27  

To those of you who are missing alcool, and a drink or two, I've done something great when everyone around me is partying and I can't have a drink.
Sprinkle splenda to taste
3-4 leafs of fresh mint
1 splash of Mint Extract
3 splash of Rhum Extract
Lemon juice

Mix all this together with ice. This really taste like a mojito!

2 splash of banana extract
1 splash of coconut extract
1 splash of rhum extract
2-3 lemon slice
1 cup Perrier
1 cup tap water (well you can only put Perrier if you want)

Mix all this together with crushed ice, add splenda if you want, and it taste like Bahamas!!
___

All those extract are in the cake section of the grocery store. Mine are from club house I don't think they have some calories or carbs.. The ingredients are water, propylene glycol, alcohol and artificial flavour. I think that it's allright.. anyway, it's better than cheating!!

Last edited by 1FCuser; 05-16-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #28  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
I'm sorry for my poor comprehension, but what does NSV mean ?
NSV: non-scale victory! Just had one as my sister-in-law, gave me a skirt that was too big for her (sized 0-1!!!!). At first, I thought that she wanted to laugh at me but I tried it on and event thought it is not as good looking as it could be, I was able to put it on and to button it up!!

Too bad the scale still deprives me of the 130s... It has been 2 weeks between 140 and 142...
SylvieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
You are such a good mom! You have really gone a long time nursing, well past the window where the good health, immunity, and antibodies are transfered. I am sure any choice you make at this time will be fine.
Awww, thank you Carla.
Congratulations on your newfound clothing size!!! What a fabulous experience!

want2run: great work!!! You are doing awesome!

yelliemom: thank you for the link - I will definitely check it out. I really think I'm going to wean her... I'm sooooo ready for it to be done.
pookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:56 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post

That is great, Carla! I must admit though that I'm slightly jealous because I noticed that we are the same height and I was never able to wear a size 8 or 10 at your current weight. The last time I wore a size 10 I was probably 135 lbs. It's amazing that you can be the same height and weight as another person, but still have such different shaped bodies. Anyways, congrats on your NSVs today. Your commitment to the plan is definitely paying off!
THANKS! I am just amazed! I was never able to wear those sizes before at this weight so I am floored that I even got into them. I know I have spent the past few years working out a lot, lifting weights and doing strength training but I guess it is starting to show as the body fat is burning off? ELIZABETH!! Any thoughts?? I just checked and my thigh measurements are smaller than they were 15 years ago in a pair of jeans I used to wear. I am a pretty definite hour glass shape and have a large/heavy bone structure so, I used to fit into smaller sizes than my weight would suggest but this is surprising even to me.

As I think back, other people have indicated the same thing. I think Sylvie was one that was in a smaller size than she anticipated too and, maybe Barb was the other one??? Anyone you may have some surprises ahead of you yet!

Quote:
Showgirlaz That's some good news !!
Quote:
To those of you who are missing alcool, and a drink or two, I've done something great when everyone around me is partying and I can't have a drink.
Sprinkle splenda to taste
3-4 leafs of fresh mint
1 splash of Mint Extract
3 splash of Rhum Extract
Lemon juice

Mix all this together with ice. This really taste like a mojito!

2 splash of banana extract
1 splash of coconut extract
1 splash of rhum extract
2-3 lemon slice
1 cup Perrier
1 cup tap water (well you can only put Perrier if you want)

Mix all this together with crushed ice, add splenda if you want, and it taste like Bahamas!!
___
THANK YOU!!! You just made my day! I love and miss my summer mojitos and pool side drinks. I haven't had a drop of anything since October. Just today BF (boyfriend) and I were talking and I told him how I had hoped to be done by summer so I could enjoy these things again! You just made my day with your recipes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
NSV: non-scale victory! Just had one as my sister-in-law, gave me a skirt that was too big for her (sized 0-1!!!!). At first, I thought that she wanted to laugh at me but I tried it on and event thought it is not as good looking as it could be, I was able to put it on and to button it up!!

Too bad the scale still deprives me of the 130s... It has been 2 weeks between 140 and 142...
Bravo!! A size 0!!! ??? OMG!! I can't begin to see myself in that size. I still have 23 pounds to get to your weight but, to see a size 0! I might just FAINT! You must be so proud of all you have accomplished! What did your sister-in-law say about you in the skirt??

Quote:
Awww, thank you Carla.
Congratulations on your new found clothing size!!! What a fabulous experience!
Thank you! I am just confirming I am a good size 10 but, what a nice treat that size 8 sliding on and zipping was!

Has your baby started eating solid foods yet? My nephew is 18 months and a little chow hound! He loves his veggies, fruit, meat and cheese. Not much for the sweets but he sure can pack away the rest! Not a fat little guy either. He has always shown signs of being large. His head was 14.5" around at birth and he was 10.5 pounds, 26 inches long. His shoulders were so large that the collar bones broke during birth. Even his hands were large too! He had an 2" first! Anyway, now, he eats, acts, and looks like a 2.5 year old. My sister teaches him at home and he is speaking English, Spanish, and Sign language. He can even read/recognize 75 words and say what they are and give the sounds (if they make one). She has been using that "your baby can read" program and it has surprised us all how well it works!