Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:08 PM   #451  

Ugh...it was one of those days at work and I want a drink. I have tried to allieviate the desire by having a Zevia Ginger Ale over ice. It was nice, especially since the sun is out. But now I need to fix dinner and just don't have the gumption. Oh well, I guess I gotta eat.

Last edited by want2run; 05-14-2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #452  

Height: 5'8"

wow, everyone today seems to have had a rough day-including me. i noticed a lot of people thinking about having a drink or two. got me thinking.. if vodka, gin and rum(and other clear liquors) have no carbs or fat but only empty calories, how does the body react in regards to ketosis. do you drop out of ketosis from the extra calories or do you stay in but just slow down?

naturalgirl, don't beat yourself up. we have all let ourselves "go" in one way or another. the accomplishment is that you recognized it on your own and are now working to fix the problem. jeez look at my profile pic on my page, i thought i was a little chubby back when that picture was taken, i didn't realize how big i had let myself get and finally woke up one day saying "why are you doing this to yourself? you deserve SO much better". be proud of yourself in the life change you have decided to make regarding the loose stools, it was weird, i had constipation the first two days and then yellow loose fatty ones for two days, i really believe that's when my body kick-started into ketosis. also if you aren't used to eating salads and veggies on a regular basis, you're body may just be reacting to the extra fiber it hasn't seen in awhile. you will become more regular, i promise

frannie i would recommend just cutting back on the high carb veggies for the next couple of days, you'll be back to good in no time! you're doing great!

diceydoe that pb recipe sounds delish, i might just try it tomorrow for dinner! i cannot wait to have a waist in the 20's! congrats on that wonderful accomplishment, i started at 35 and am now down to 30.5 for the last week, i think my body is so used to being in the 30's it's just fighting me

want2run i too did not have any desire to eat tonight, so i just had about an ounce of rolled up turkey lunchmeat(no nitrates or sugar!) and the pineapple banana drink. hopefully that's enough!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-14-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:20 PM   #453  

Ouch! A bagel. Well, I don't mean to gross any of you out but I went for "chicarrones" b/c they are no carb, high protein. I'm talking about---yes---those fried pork rinds in the chip aisle. I'm telling you, I had one and it made me very happy, cut my craving, etc. I know Atkins folks eat these.

Well, having bars in my house is not a good thing b/c, it's true: the sugar alcohols or something in them just make me want more. I should probably cut them into 8ths, freeze 'em, and nibble on them that way, but let's be real, I'd probably eat 12-16 of the li'l pieces. I did another no-no. Costco had samples of those darling little cream puffs so I took one, sucked the cream out of it, and tossed the pastry part. Nutty things we do, eh?

If ya can "cheat" with a protein, that's best, eh? Why can't a bagel be a high protein treat?

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-14-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #454  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Any advice on taking magnesium citrate for constipation? I've never taken it before and I'm worried that it will work too well Anyone tried this before?

Are you taking in 1 - 2 tsp. of olive oil every day? I wasn't, and my coach told me not to worry about the fat and calories and take it. Once I did, I started losing and wasn't constipated as much.

Sometimes I miss having the olive oil, or not enough of it, so I use a product called CleanseMore. You can probably find it in a health food store. It contains magnesium. The package says to take 3 at night, but I only take 1.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #455  

quick question...
Someone in this thread said that the premade shakes from Dr. Bernsteins are the exact same as the premade shakes from Ideal Protein but are less than half the cost.
I'd like to know where you found this information... the only info I could find was on thedailyplate.com, and it varies a little bit (in sugar, sat fat, sodium, potassium, and calcium) from the nutritional fact on my box. Does the little variance make a difference in the diet?? I hope it doesn't because I would love to save some money! KNIM?
Thanks again.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #456  

jordanna], how's the little guy feeling? i just read through your blog today and WOW, can i relate to you or what. i feel like you have the exact same sense of humor i do about myself and this whole process!

OH, and one more thing that REALLY irked me today, i have been sooooooooo excited about hitting the 170's and my weight in on wednesday showed 180.5. so today at work(my boss is an ip coach) i just waltzed on in and jumped on that scale first thing in the morning(post pee, pre coffee) and bam! 180.1, are you KIDDING ME??? 2 lousy ounces or i'd have been there!! agggh!! maybe monday

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-14-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:34 PM   #457  

POOKEE--shipping anywhere in the US is about $32 for one IP premade drink pak of 6 (or maybe 12) so the shipping costs ruin the better product price. Just Google his name and it'll come up.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #458  

CHELLEFL~ I think showgirlaz stated that she lost weight better as she slightly increased her healthy oil intake, too. I went from a teaspoon of UDO's oil per day to that plus a tablespoon of olive oil. I feel better and still am losing weight.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #459  

I go in to the Dr. Bernstein clinics to get mine so I'm not sure on the cost of shipping, but the packaging is the exact same and they have the exact same nutritional information and ingredients as the IP ones.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #460  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
jordanna], how's the little guy feeling? i just read through your blog today and WOW, can i relate to you or what. i feel like you have the exact same sense of humor i do about myself and this whole process!
Thanks for reading my blog Hudson is doing great - like it never happened lol.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 245.6/229.5/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
Ouch! A bagel. Well, I don't mean to gross any of you out but I went for "chicarrones" b/c they are no carb, high protein. I'm talking about---yes---those fried pork rinds in the chip aisle. I'm telling you, I had one and it made me very happy, cut my craving, etc. I know Atkins folks eat these.
If ya can "cheat" with a protein, that's best, eh? Why can't a bagel be a high protein treat?
I forgot about chicarrones. I love those things! But aren't they bad because they are fried? I would love to have a couple to curve cravings.

I remember someone mentioning something about substituting boiled eggs for a packet. If so how many?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:42 PM   #462  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Thanks for reading my blog Hudson is doing great - like it never happened lol.
seriously, you are such an inspiration to so many. i have felt all of the things you describe there but just can't put them into words like you. it's nice to know someone else is right there with you, you know?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #463  

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
I remember someone mentioning something about substituting boiled eggs for a packet. If so how many?

i'm pretty sure it's 3 egg whites and 1 yolk that are equivalent. right ladies?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #464  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
CHELLEFL~ I think showgirlaz stated that she lost weight better as she slightly increased her healthy oil intake, too. I went from a teaspoon of UDO's oil per day to that plus a tablespoon of olive oil. I feel better and still am losing weight.
Sorry - What is "UDO"?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Don't judge me but I love vodka....slippery slope.
Closed Thread