Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
I made a cup of ruhbarb so I'd stop with the almonds. Next time I'll attempt a salad instead, but I still haven't found a good dressing that I like. I'm going to work on some of the homeade ones this weekend.
This weather makes me want soup, but not the IP kind.
Have you tried the Pasta House Fat Free dressing? It does have a few calories, but I use that since I don't like the WF ones.

Can't say I blame you for not wanting the IP soup. They aren't very good.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #422  

Height: 5'5"

Default Another newbie!

Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to say hello quick as I've been reading all of your fantastic posts over the last few weeks. You're all such an inspiration and have helped me to expand my dining options!

I'm into week 4 of IP, and so far I have lost a little over 10lb, but more importantly almost 15 inches! I have a 7 month old, so to be in pre-pregnancy clothes is amazing! My husband is doing the program too, so that helps tremendously.

Anyway, just wanted to "introduce" myself and say hello to you all!!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #423  

I found rhubarb at safeway (thanks Calgarygirlie) I'm making it today for lunch. I was thinking of using it with that new french vanilla flavored splenda....very excited.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #424  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Any advice on taking magnesium citrate for constipation? I've never taken it before and I'm worried that it will work too well Anyone tried this before?
It was recommended by the doctor's office where I get my IP. I have used it twice. Worked great. It is inexpensive and easy to drink. I liked it!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #425  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Any advice on taking magnesium citrate for constipation? I've never taken it before and I'm worried that it will work too well Anyone tried this before?
I take 266 mg of magnesium citrate in a capsule by source naturals everyday. I also take 2 tsp of ionic fizz which has magnesium carbonate (total 600mg for both tsp). AND, I take our IP cal/mag which has 300mg of magnesium. Until I added the extra magnesium I was always blocked. Now, I am not the 2 or 3x a day that I was but I am every other day at least.

I did try the liquid laxative form of Magnesium citrate for about 5 weeks, once per week, when I was at the worst level of constipation. It definitely helped and did not create cramping for me. I just didn't like that I couldn't get regular even after using it. I had to take the whole 10oz bottle of liquid to get the result and it was only a one time thing til the next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post
Today is my first weigh in I'm on day 5 of the plan, but want to weigh in on Friday's.

I brought an extra bar today, in case I do feel the need to cheat.

according to my scale I'm down 4.8 but that was naked, so I really hope their scales show some loss.

I can't keep eating this crappy tasting food, if I don't start seeing that big lose people talk about when they first start. I'm prepared to stick it out at 2-3 pounds a week for long haul but I was really hoping for that big drop this week.

And to add to my problems I am spending the entire day at Ontario Place this Saturday, leaivng 6:00 a.m. returning 8:00 p.m. 11,000 little sparks, brownies, guides, pathfinder for the 100th anniversary of Guiding.

I know I can't cheat but I can't imagine eating a shake for breakfast and lunch with all of the walking and exercise we will be getting. I am still starving every day as it is with no exercise.

Am I going to destroy my weight loss, if I bring some eggs and chicken to munch on in addition to the shakes.
How long have you been on the plan? 5 days? Give it time. Your taste buds are changing. In the beginning I hated the chocolate stuff, now I love it. Originally, I couldn't stand the mango or blueberry pomegranate drinks, now I have them several times a week.

Also, and this really depends on how long you have been on the plan BUT, if you have only been on for 5 days, you shouldn't be having bars EVER! You really shouldn't have them for the first 2 weeks to a month. Some people, don't have them til they reach 70% of body weight lost. With as much as you and I have to lose, I would say, at least wait the 90 days. The bars have SUGAR in them.. YES, agave and brown rice syrup. They are high carb and will kick your pancreas in gear. If you are trying to get in and stay in ketosis, these will interfere. Also, they will interfere with the pancreas reset. Using any of the restricted or occasional foods too early in the plan will very likely prevent you from seeing those big losses. The reason for this is, the big losses occur when the glycogen and the water used to store the glycogen are released. Say you hold 5 pounds of glycogen that is also 10 pounds of water and a HUGE 15 pounds your body can release when you get into ketosis. Whenever you give your body carbs while trying to get into that ketogenic state, your body says "oh! COOL!! I can replace that glycogen." You wont see a big loss until you strip the carbs away.

I think it is a great idea for you to take the prepared meat and eggs. IN FACT, some people before starting a ketogenic diet spend 2 or 3 days eating nothing but meat, eggs, HI protein and moderate to high fat foods, BUT NO CARBS. When they do this the body easily slips into ketosis. SO, if you took meat and eggs as high protein snacks to the event you would be fine and maybe get into ketosis a little quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0199 View Post
Hello all!!!
Just had WI #2...down 4.2 lbs and 3 inchs! I'm very pleased with that considering how bad I cheated on sunday.
I'm throwing a baby shower for my sis this weekend and all of my family is going to be there which is usually stressful. Hoping to have some good will power and not give into the cake that will be calling my name.

Congrats on all the losses and NSV's this week!
Congrats on the loss! That is fantastic. Stay strong against the cake. It will look much better than it tastes.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #426  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMoody View Post
If anyone asks you about it, just tell them that you have discovered you like the taste of natural sea salt better than table salt. You don't need to explain to everyone about Ideal Protein unless you want to.
Yes, that's a good idea, Thanks!! I don't want to explain to everyone, I'm so tired of hearing ''you're beautiful like you are, you don't need to lose weight..'' It's annoying

[QUOTE=BevS;3291734]Because then we're sure it's sea salt, which is the only kind we're supposed to be using right now.
QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer, I didn't know that.. My coach is selling me sea salt, but I didnt know that I cannot use other salt than that. My coach is really nice, but sometimes I don't feel like she know what she talks about.. I learn more on 3FC in one day than in ALL of my WI !

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchic View Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm into week 4 of IP, and so far I have lost a little over 10lb, but more importantly almost 15 inches! I have a 7 month old, so to be in pre-pregnancy clothes is amazing! My husband is doing the program too, so that helps tremendously.

Anyway, just wanted to "introduce" myself and say hello to you all!!
WELCOME !!
Old 05-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #427  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post
Today is my first weigh in I'm on day 5 of the plan, but want to weigh in on Friday's.

I'm already falling into my weight watchers thoughts, do the weigh in and then have a great lunch.

I brought an extra bar today, in case I do feel the need to cheat.

according to my scale I'm down 4.8 but that was naked, so I really hope their scales show some loss.

I can't keep eating this crappy tasting food, if I don't start seeing that big lose people talk about when they first start. I'm prepared to stick it out at 2-3 pounds a week for long haul but I was really hoping for that big drop this week.

And to add to my problems I am spending the entire day at Ontario Place this Saturday, leaivng 6:00 a.m. returning 8:00 p.m. 11,000 little sparks, brownies, guides, pathfinder for the 100th anniversary of Guiding.

I know I can't cheat but I can't imagine eating a shake for breakfast and lunch with all of the walking and exercise we will be getting. I am still starving every day as it is with no exercise.

Am I going to destroy my weight loss, if I bring some eggs and chicken to munch on in addition to the shakes.
I would like to make a couple of suggestions. When I was starting week 2, my husband and I went to Napa Valley for a week! I was determined to stay on the IP plan. Most days I had the IP cereal for breakfast, a bar at lunch with salad and veggies and protein veg for dinner with IP yogurt drink before bed. I was already hooked on 3 IP box drinks a day but I couldn't carry them in my luggage (way too heavy.) I couldn't stand the soups or most of the other stuff- didn't even like the vanilla drink in an envelope!
Now, not all of us have the same rules with our coaches. My doctor said I could have one restriced a day from the start-- Bars are considered restricteds. So, if you look at my weight loss - it was 10 lb the first week and 4 lbs the second. Maybe it would have been more if I didn't have the bars-- but if I had been starving I would have given up and gone to the wine my husband drank and all the other temptations of good food in Napa. So, while now I have been avoiding the bars for weeks to have quicker weight loss, having a bar didn't seem to harm my ketosis AND my doctor did say I could have 1 restricted a day. Just wanted you to hear another experience. What's great about this board is we can share info-- we don't always agree and we aren't all having identical experiences with IP. You learn what you can and make your own decision. I am the person who has cheated with IP food a couple of times--
having 3 bars and 2 boxed drinks in a day!!!LOL
You will find your own path if you are patient with yourself and you are determined!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-14-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #428  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Okay, so as much as I love the Rhubarb, it is tearing me up The next day after I eat it, lets just say constipation is not a problem at all. It's not uncomfortable enough to stop eating it though

Last edited by carlasherea; 05-14-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #429  

Just had a brilliant idea - I'm going to take the maple oatmeal and turn it into a crumble topping for the rhubarb then bake it in the oven like a crisp...

Has anyone else tried this?
Old 05-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Okay, so as much as I love the Rhubarb, it is tearing me up The next day after I eat it, lets just say constipation is not a problem at all. It's not uncomfortable enough to stop eating it though
I bought rhubarb last nite, and was wondering if I was not purchasing a product that was not only going to taste so yummy but solve another problem as well---this is good news!! I keep thinking with all the vegetables we eat constipation should not be a problem but it seems to keep re-occurring.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #431  

Hey Beyourbest - are you still phasing out on the 16th? I'm looking forward to phasing out in June! I need a break for a couple months! I'm really hoping to be below two hundred before I phase out but I'm not sure I'll get there.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
This is my 2nd day eating rhubarb and I think I'm allergic I get very flushed and hot, followed by stomach cramps. I have gluten allergies normally, so I'm no stranger to the symptoms, but I'm so sad! That was my sweet treat.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Just had a brilliant idea - I'm going to take the maple oatmeal and turn it into a crumble topping for the rhubarb then bake it in the oven like a crisp...

Let me know how it turns out. I might have to pick up the oatmeal next week when I have my WI.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post

BRILLIANT! must report back on how it turned out.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #435  

I just finished my bowl of rhubarb now and it was so fantastic. I simmered it with french vanilla flavored splenda and chinese five spice...sooooo good. Anyway, I won't be able to try out the recipe until tomorrow but I'll keep you all posted and put a recipe with pictures up on my blog if it turns out!
Closed Thread