Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Hopeful I only posted a frozen recipe here, not in the recipe thread. I think I had it so often that I may have been out of control, haha. I have cut back now as BevS had yet another great point on the carbs which I will repost below. I had to cut and paste since the quote doesn't work from past threads
From BevS....."Not that I care for rhubarb, but it is on my Phase I protocol. It does have a bit more carbs than some veggies though, with 52 calories in a 2-cup serving, 12 grams of carbs and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 8 net carbs."

Obsessive me...."BevS! I couldn't restrain myself and had rhubarb again last nite. HopefulTricia is so right is really does feel like I am completely cheating. I think I used 2 Ketostix just to make sure that that kind of delicious didn't knock me out of ketosis...it didn't!!! and I was down a pound today.
Preparing it: I just take 4cups of unsweetened frozen rhubarb (the fresh isn't ready here yet) put it in a microwaveable bowl and add a little Splenda. Then I throw it in the microwave for 10min.(stir it around at about 7min) and then enjoy!
Depending on your microwave it made need more or less time. It will be significantly less in the bowl once cooked because of the water content of the rhubarb."

I tried the kale chips! I think I will be adding those in for sure...showever the next time I will try not to use my whole allotment of salt for the day, hahaha, a little too salty for me......gosh I can't believe I would take a new food to excess

Is anyone else finding that a lack of sleep can cause an immediate morning gain on the scale?

Last edited by Calgarygirlie; 05-14-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #392  

Height: 5'10"

HopefulTricia: WOOHOO!!! I'm so happy to hear about your loss! You made my day!! Thanks for the olive oil tip - I tend to "forget" about it most days....need to be sure I'm getting it in.

Jordanna: Nice job on resisting Subway after a stressful evening. I'm glad your boy is going to be OK. I remember the first bump on the head my son got - he was learning to sit up and he tipped over into the TV. I felt like a child abuser. Thank God our kids survive the bumps & bruises!

Last night I was busy from right after work until 8 pm. I came home and ate a beef stick (horrible choice but it was lean LOL) and some veggies and drank a protein shake. My son cooked a Pizza at 10 pm and the smell did me in. Does anyone else get in trouble when they don't take the time to sit down and have a "meal"? I find my mind thinks I haven't eaten if I don't make it a proper meal, and then I get to feeling like I've been deprived (God forbid LOL). So yeah, at 10 pm last night, the OLD me ate a piece of pizza. What the heck?! It's done, I'm not going to beat myself up, just want to be sure I recognize what triggered it and avoid it again.

TGIF everyone!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #393  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Hopeful I only posted a frozen recipe here, not in the recipe thread. I think I had it so often that I may have been out of control, haha. I have cut back now as BevS had yet another great point on the carbs which I will repost below. I had to cut and paste since the quote doesn't work from past threads
From BevS....."Not that I care for rhubarb, but it is on my Phase I protocol. It does have a bit more carbs than some veggies though, with 52 calories in a 2-cup serving, 12 grams of carbs and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 8 net carbs."

Obsessive me...."BevS! I couldn't restrain myself and had rhubarb again last nite. HopefulTricia is so right is really does feel like I am completely cheating. I think I used 2 Ketostix just to make sure that that kind of delicious didn't knock me out of ketosis...it didn't!!! and I was down a pound today.
Preparing it: I just take 4cups of unsweetened frozen rhubarb (the fresh isn't ready here yet) put it in a microwaveable bowl and add a little Splenda. Then I throw it in the microwave for 10min.(stir it around at about 7min) and then enjoy!
Hey, Calgary, I have had my own "pigouts" to confess. Thank you, whoever told us about the Mt. Olive sweet pickles made with Splenda! Night before last I ate almost a whole jar! Thankfully, there were a couple of servings already gone and a whole jar has only 11 carbs. I have put frozen rhubarb on my store list too. You guys are making it sound so delish that I have to give it another try. I haven't had any in years. But my tastes have changed so much on this diet that anything the least bit sweet tastes like ambrosia! And I had an extra IP packet last night too! The barbecue soy nuts. I still dropped .2 pound each of those days. Maybe I'm moving so slowly because I need more calories and more fat?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #394  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
HopefulTricia: WOOHOO!!! I'm so happy to hear about your loss! You made my day!! Thanks for the olive oil tip - I tend to "forget" about it most days....need to be sure I'm getting it in.

Jordanna: Nice job on resisting Subway after a stressful evening. I'm glad your boy is going to be OK. I remember the first bump on the head my son got - he was learning to sit up and he tipped over into the TV. I felt like a child abuser. Thank God our kids survive the bumps & bruises!
Last night I was busy from right after work until 8 pm. I came home and ate a beef stick (horrible choice but it was lean LOL) and some veggies and drank a protein shake. My son cooked a Pizza at 10 pm and the smell did me in. Does anyone else get in trouble when they don't take the time to sit down and have a "meal"? I find my mind thinks I haven't eaten if I don't make it a proper meal, and then I get to feeling like I've been deprived (God forbid LOL). So yeah, at 10 pm last night, the OLD me ate a piece of pizza. What the heck?! It's done, I'm not going to beat myself up, just want to be sure I recognize what triggered it and avoid it again.

TGIF everyone!
Thanks HockeyMom-- you made me laugh about the pizza. I cheated with food only once. The night my son was home from college and ordered an organic Z pizza. The smell did me in. I ate the cheese and pepperoni from 2 slices-- thought I was doing better without the crust! But then I went back and ate one of the crusts with nothing on it!! How absurd is that?? I think some real food is good-- especially when the scale isn't moving and no real harm is done. You didn't eat the whole buffet table, after all....
I think I have told you that I have 2 sons and both played hockey for years.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

I can't get my new picture to download .It keeps saying loading error . Anyone have any suggestions . I must be doing it wrong . 6 more days left with the hubby before he leaves . Enjoying every minute with him . We went for a great 4 mile bike ride yesterday So nice to have energy and strength to do that . Thank you everyone for all your kind words and encouragement for my husbands and I . We love serving our country and our God . Yes sometimes its hard but we know this is what God has asked us to do and that gives us strength to make it thru the hard times. Have a great blessed weekend !
Old 05-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #396  

Height: 5'10"

HopefulTricia: I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who does crazy pizza things! LOL I didn't know (or maybe remember) about your sons playing hockey! Cool. My son will be a senior next year and has played since 2nd grade. I will miss it when he's done - miss watching him play, and miss all the hockey moms I've come to know and love through the years not just from his team but from teams we play against across the state. OK I'll be honest, there are a few of those moms I won't miss.

But, we still have to finish track season this spring and get through summer football and fall football before we can even think about hockey again. How old are your sons?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:24 AM   #397  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Jordanna - you are NOT a bad MUM, you're a REAL Mum and life happens, you can't control it. The bumps and bruises are just many of the roadmap of his life, he'll appreciate the stories when he's older.

Ok so WI today, still not feeling like I've lost anything and I've been to afraid to get on the scale. Depressed and frustrated over it today so I'll just be glad when it's over.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #398  

S/C/G: 222/208/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
banana & pineaple smoothie = horrible>inedible>chemical tasting>ugly looking = rather have air.
Oh yeah disgusting, and it dosen't seem like you've drank anything and its gone. I don't know if its psychological but I was starving the morning I had it, where I found the puddings make me full

Leek Soup, eeewwww inedible, gross tasting, horrible after taster = rather starve to death , I have 6 left and now way I will eat them, they are going in the garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
Sandy - bienvenue sur le site! I am from Montreal so you are not the only french speaking from north of the border! BTW, my rhubarb is south oriented and has grown enough so I can cook some! Give it 2-3 weeks and it will be the season again in Québec! (Go Habs Go!!! - had to write it down somewhere!)
I am a died hard Toronto fan, but will be cheering now for cough cough that other Canadian team, don't just don't tell anyone. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
We rushed him to emergency where they told us he was going to be fine but I felt like a terrible mum.

You are not a bad mother at all.

Today is my first weigh in I'm on day 5 of the plan, but want to weigh in on Friday's.

I'm already falling into my weight watchers thoughts, do the weigh in and then have a great lunch.

I brought an extra bar today, in case I do feel the need to cheat.

according to my scale I'm down 4.8 but that was naked, so I really hope their scales show some loss.

I can't keep eating this crappy tasting food, if I don't start seeing that big lose people talk about when they first start. I'm prepared to stick it out at 2-3 pounds a week for long haul but I was really hoping for that big drop this week.

And to add to my problems I am spending the entire day at Ontario Place this Saturday, leaivng 6:00 a.m. returning 8:00 p.m. 11,000 little sparks, brownies, guides, pathfinder for the 100th anniversary of Guiding.

I know I can't cheat but I can't imagine eating a shake for breakfast and lunch with all of the walking and exercise we will be getting. I am still starving every day as it is with no exercise.

Am I going to destroy my weight loss, if I bring some eggs and chicken to munch on in addition to the shakes.

Last edited by CanadianMama; 05-14-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #399  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
for all you southern gals,

today i found red diamond brand sweet tea sweetened with splenda!! and....pickled hot okra-way yummier than a boring old dill pickle.

i am expecting most to gag at the thought of the pickled okra, but REALLY! try it, it's yummy
what store did you find the sweet tea?
Old 05-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #400  

Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments about my little guy...I felt like a terrible mum in the moment but feeling much better today as is he! He had a great sleep, a big breakfast and he's terrorizing the cat at the moment!
Old 05-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #401  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
I can't get my new picture to download .It keeps saying loading error . Anyone have any suggestions . I must be doing it wrong .
What format is it? is the file too large?
Keep trying as some times it is just a slow connection too.

Quote:
6 more days left with the hubby before he leaves . Enjoying every minute with him . We went for a great 4 mile bike ride yesterday So nice to have energy and strength to do that . Thank you everyone for all your kind words and encouragement for my husbands and I . We love serving our country and our God . Yes sometimes its hard but we know this is what God has asked us to do and that gives us strength to make it thru the hard times. Have a great blessed weekend !
Soak up every second with him. I could not imagine a life with mine gone like that...must be so difficult.

have you seen your Boudoir pics yet? you know it is killing me to hear how you feel about the outcome...and to hear what he said!
Old 05-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #402  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post
Leek Soup, eeewwww inedible, gross tasting, horrible after taster = rather starve to death , I have 6 left and now way I will eat them, they are going in the garbage......

Today is my first weigh in I'm on day 5 of the plan, but want to weigh in on Friday's.

I'm already falling into my weight watchers thoughts, do the weigh in and then have a great lunch.

I brought an extra bar today, in case I do feel the need to cheat.

according to my scale I'm down 4.8 but that was naked, so I really hope their scales show some loss.

I can't keep eating this crappy tasting food, if I don't start seeing that big lose people talk about when they first start. I'm prepared to stick it out at 2-3 pounds a week for long haul but I was really hoping for that big drop this week.

And to add to my problems I am spending the entire day at Ontario Place this Saturday, leaivng 6:00 a.m. returning 8:00 p.m. 11,000 little sparks, brownies, guides, pathfinder for the 100th anniversary of Guiding.

I know I can't cheat but I can't imagine eating a shake for breakfast and lunch with all of the walking and exercise we will be getting. I am still starving every day as it is with no exercise.

Am I going to destroy my weight loss, if I bring some eggs and chicken to munch on in addition to the shakes.
Hi, CanadianMama, Don't throw away those packets. That would be like throwing away $24. I'm sure there's someone out there who wouldn't mind being sent those packets and who may actually like them. That wouldn't be me, however.

I think taking eggs and chicken to munch on is a great idea. You're going to get very hungry with the extra exercise of walking, especially so early on in the program. The extra protein will keep you from burning your muscle, and I'll bet you still have a great loss.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #403  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Calgarygirlie= I did stop eating rhubarb because I was looking for any explanation for my stalled weight loss. Haven't had any in probably a month. Not surprised that it has more carbs... like most things, it's probably fine in moderation.
HockeyMom- They are 19 and almost 22.Both played hockey before they could really skate-- like 4 years old. But they weren't into a lot of other sports like your son is. Just tennis, soccer and golf. One loves to ski. We loved those travel hockey years though at the time they could be a little overwhelming. Made friends with a lot of great parents and would have parties when we travelled overnight together. I know exactly what you mean about not ALL the parents! lol-- I loved the Dad's who yelled at the refs at every game.
Sam0617--Both nutrition facts for the box vanilla drinks are in front of me.
They are identical with a couple of exceptions: Cholesterol is 0 with Lindora and 10mg with IP. Sodium is 230mg with Lindora and 240mg with IP. Potassium is 220mg with Lindora and 190mg with IP. Sugar is 1g with Lindora and 0 with IP. Lindora says total calories of 100 with 30 from fat.IP says 100 carlories with 35 from fat.There are some differences with the ingredients but not much. Both have sucralose and acesulfame-K as their last ingredients. Both have 15g protein and 3g carbs. Neither one have soy. First ingredients for both are filtered water, protein blend (milk protein concentrate, whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate), sunflower oil.And neither one have aspertame. Hope that helps! (I love these drinks-- 3 x a day for me)

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-14-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #404  
Nichole

Okay, I was kind of resistant to the packets at first and hesitant to say I loved the plan. I have to change that now and declare that I LOVE Ideal Protein!!

This morning I tried on some jeans that I haven't been able to wear in over a year... and they fit well now! Love this plan.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #405  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Okay, I was kind of resistant to the packets at first and hesitant to say I loved the plan. I have to change that now and declare that I LOVE Ideal Protein!!

This morning I tried on some jeans that I haven't been able to wear in over a year... and they fit well now! Love this plan.
I wish 3FC had a LIKE button like we have on Facebook ;-)

Thumbs up to you!
Closed Thread