Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Carla- You really have changed and you look so much younger in your new pictures. I know, everyone says that, but it is still nice to hear. Right? Don't get too down for the small loss. This is a process and your body has to get used to the next phase.

When I eat, my stomach makes noise and just rolls. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm not still hungry, but my stomach seems to be working hard!

For salad dressing, I have been making my own with oilive oil, low carb catsup, worcheshire, garlic salt and a little splenda. But I think I was having too much oil, so I have been just using a couple teaspoons of that homemade dressing in my WF dressing. It is so good and really helps the taste with little carbs or cals.

Nitenic- Great first week. What incentive for you!

CanadianMama- I had a hard time my first few days too, with giving up soda, sweeterner and the new eating plan. It is surprising how quick your body adjusts, and the cravings lessen or leave altogether. I actually like most of the foods and do not crave soda or sweets any longer. I started about Mar3rd. It is a way of life for me now.
YES to grouling and sounding angry; have to say not as much anymore.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:58 PM   #332  

so I found a store close by that sells WF products; what are the recomendations and what are the NO NOs??

so far I remember mayo was a no no.

any other input?
Old 05-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #333  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Hello everyone . I have been away for 5 days with my husband on a little trip . We are having a great time and enjoying having James back home with us for a few weeks . I cheated on Mothers day . I had real salad dresing and a small bowl of icecream . But to my surprise I have lost 3 lbs this week ! YEah .

I saw family for the first time since I lost my weight and everyone could not beleive how skinny I was . LOL .Skinny . That sounds so funny to me . But it sure did make me feel good . I am so close to my goal but Im thinking of moving it to 150 instead of 160 .

I have one more week with my husband before he returns to Iraq for another 5 months . He leaves on the 20th and our anniversarry is on the 21st so we will celebrate a little early and I will probably cheat on that day then back to the strict IP diet . So ready to be to my goal . Hope everyone had a great mothers day ! Everyone is doing so great !
your post made me smile. SKINNY. love it!!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #334  
Nichole

Thanks for all of the well wishes. It was a tough week but well worth it.

Erin & Carla -- y'all look amazing!!

Erin -- did I ever tell you that I ended up going to Geri instead of my original doctor? I think she was more excited than I was today. I think I scared her when I said I "cheated" by using extra chicken instead of a packet when I was super hungry. Thanks again for the recommendation! It's so much easier than going to Westlake.

Jordanna -- I tried to vote but got an error message. Will try again later!

Last edited by nitenic; 05-13-2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-13-2010, 04:10 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Wow...Carlasheerea and Mamaerin! Thanks for some super motivation!

Nitenic.....that is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are doing a happy dance

Jordanna...I will vote asap, and send out a note out to my friends to vote too...you should have this won!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 139/130.5/110

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
so I found a store close by that sells WF products; what are the recomendations and what are the NO NOs??

any other input?

Stay away from the Peanut Butter. YUCKY!!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #337  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Carla Thank you very much ! I was wondering if i was writing SO BAD in english that nobody will read me

It was my WI number 6 at noon today. -1,21 lbs (so -19,21 total). I think it's okay, because I cheated (for the first time on IP) saturday, but still, I'm not really happy !

You're all making me jealous with your rhubarb because here in Quebec, we dont have it at the moment.. maybe in 2 or 3 weeks !! I'll be sooooo happy when I'll see rhubarb at the grocerie store

Hope everyone is having a great day so far !
Sandy - bienvenue sur le site! I am from Montreal so you are not the only french speaking from north of the border! BTW, my rhubarb is south oriented and has grown enough so I can cook some! Give it 2-3 weeks and it will be the season again in Québec! (Go Habs Go!!! - had to write it down somewhere!)
Old 05-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #338  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMoody View Post
Stay away from the Peanut Butter. YUCKY!!
that is the one thing that I wanted the most
Old 05-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #339  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
hear ye, hear ye! i found an old fat picture and made it my profile pic. my avatar is me wearing the same shirt about 20 lbs later(i honestly don't know now how i squeezed into it then-thank god for lycra-i GUESS). i now am out of my funk from this morning, i need to post fat pics of me all over the house and i think i will NEVER have a bad morning again!

WWzzzzza! You look great! You were already beautiful before but now you look more confident and just happier! Way to go get that happy girl inside of you! Woooo hoooo hoooo
Old 05-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #340  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I actually lost the most inches and fat right where I needed to. My chest, back, waist and stomach were the first to go. I have dropped 2 sizes so far and pretty close to 3 sizes. I don't know if the fact that I work out with lots of toning classes has anything to do with that, but I do lots of strength exercises.
you look absolutely amazing! your face has thinned right up! so proud for you!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #341  

Quote:

any other input?
I really love thousand island dressing
I don't like honey and mustard dressing
Strawberry jam is ok, chocolat syrup is ok, and maple syrup taste like butterscotch, but I really like it !

I haven't tried mayo or peanut butter, but I've heard that they're both disgusting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieG View Post
Sandy - bienvenue sur le site! I am from Montreal so you are not the only french speaking from north of the border! BTW, my rhubarb is south oriented and has grown enough so I can cook some! Give it 2-3 weeks and it will be the season again in Québec! (Go Habs Go!!! - had to write it down somewhere!)
Thanks !! and YAY! for the rhubarb!!

And for the Hockey, I'm a Boston Bruins Fans, not a Habs fan !! But Boston is looking awfull right now, and Habs are looking great, so maybe, mayyyyyybe.. next year ?
Old 05-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #342  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
showgirlaz- I read this yesterday.To confirm what you are saying, in Dr. Tran's book The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You on page 71. "Phase 1 lasts as long as it takes to lose 70 to 80% of the total amount of weight to be lost.,,,Obviously the phases for someone who needs to lose 8-10 pounds will not be the same for someone who needs to lose 80-100. In the latter case, the phases will be much longer." Great news since I am now on day 91 and chugging along.
He also says having aspertame is ok!p.67-- (not sure I agree with him, at least not for me anyway)
Thanks! This fits with what I know. I am under the impression that since he wrote the book the opinion on aspertame has changed. On the other had, given that people had great success on the program (this has been around for 27 years and sucralose only 11 years) using aspertame, I don't believe it will be a big problem if used in small quantities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
having a bit of a rough morning, feeling really down on myself. i know i'm losing inches and lbs but i see pictures of women my age in bikinis with big perky chests and i look down and see my mushy mommy belly and my sagging chest(breast-fed 2 babies) and wonder if i'm ever going to like what i see. *sigh* sorry, just feeling sorry for myself and need to vent..
You look amazing!! Don't worry about what you can do now. You will get there. All mummy's have some little thing after birthing and nursing. Not too worry, you will be in a bikini someday soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Is anyone else finding stretch marks on their thighs/hips/tummy/breasts? I want to get rid of them. Any ideas?
Bio oil from walmart or cvs. Stivectin from costco or health stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Okay, so I posted my before pix on my profile. Click on my picture and you'll see what I looked like 9 short weeks ago. I'll try and get a full body shot up soon of how I look now. It's pretty humbling to show those pictures. I'm never going back.

BTW, I did have a vest on that day to hide all the gross fat, but they made me take it off
You have changed alot!! Isn't it amazing what happens in such a short time!??

Quote:
I know I said a while back that I wont whine BUT mornings are begining to be tough too. I just can't sleep, I pushed myself last night and finally went to sleep around midnight, and was up around 5:30 and could not go back to sleep. The result: tired and headachey already and its only 10 am. Had 2 cups of coffee, about 30 oz of water and a small cucumber to fix things but not happening.

on a good note: after fixing my tummy problems last night, the scale actually read 142.2 this morning but yet again am sure that will change by evening time.
SLEEP!! I know how that can be. Are you taking your calcium and a ip snack an hour before bed? The calcium can help. I would suggest trying the CALM or Ionic FIZZ. It is a magnesium product you take warm in 2 x a day. I take it at night. It should help with sleep too. If that doesn't work, try taking some melatonin. 3mg or 5mg. It helps with sleep. You can tell if you are getting the right dose because you will sleep well and not wake feeling groggy or like you took a sleep pill. I take 3 to 6mg a night. My brother in law uses 5mg. You will find something that works. I know this is helpful for me because, a low carb diet can effect sleep. Our bodies use carbs and aminos to help with serotonin products. In this unbalanced state some people don't get enough of either and serotonin drops. Unfortunately, we need serotonin at night to make melatonin which regulates our sleep. By taking melatonin, you help spare the serotonin and assist the body with a natural process. You can buy the melatonin over the counter at any health store and most grocery pharmacy/vitamin areas. I like both natrol and now products. Natrol has a 3mg time released. The nice thing is you can take one or two tablets depending on how not tired you feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Hey y'all, just got back from my first official weigh in. I started the plan on Saturday. Today was the only day my coach could take appointments. So far I'm down 13 lbs and 10 inches. So excited! Thank you God and Ideal Protein!!
GREAT JOB for a short first week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Carla Thank you very much ! I was wondering if i was writing SO BAD in english that nobody will read me

It was my WI number 6 at noon today. -1,21 lbs (so -19,21 total). I think it's okay, because I cheated (for the first time on IP) saturday, but still, I'm not really happy !

You're all making me jealous with your rhubarb because here in Quebec, we dont have it at the moment.. maybe in 2 or 3 weeks !! I'll be sooooo happy when I'll see rhubarb at the grocerie store

Hope everyone is having a great day so far !
See! You lost! I know you aren't proud of the cheat but, at least you didn't have a complete stall. Next week will be better!

Quote:

any other input?
NO MAYO or Peanut butter for me. I like the spicy barbecue sauce, onion dip, ranch dip, italian dressing, honey mustard dressing, asian and caesar dressing. I can "DO" the chocolate sauce if I am desperate. I don't use any the way they come, they are just bases for me to doctor up. I like the honey mustard, spiced up a bit, and used as a marinade for chicken and fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
your post made me smile. SKINNY. love it!!
HEY FLUFFY! How are you?? Nice to see you this week!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 05-14-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:54 PM   #343  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

PITA KITTEN:

Are you "craving" peanut butter and other fatty type things??? Dairy even??? If you think YES! I am willing to jump off a bridge and say, YOU NEED MORE FAT!! I was doing that til I added more fat. Try adding a tsp of peanut oil, walnut oil, or coconut oil or good quality omega oils. If that isn't enough add another tsp! I kept adding until I felt like I wasn't needing any more and, I have been taking 1 - 2 TBSP of oil per day for the last 2 weeks and I FINALLY don't crave those things and I have broken my plateau in the 170's. If my scale is right, we will know in a week, I am down 4.5 pounds this week! AND, I have been eating a ton of extra fat.. seems crazy I know!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #344  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Weighed in today. Not what I wanted, but I was up on my scale and noticed my clothes were tighter. No cheats, just water I'm sure.....didn't get too stressed.....it will show up next week. I have been through meno about 4 years ago, but know I still cycle, so could be that. Anyway only lost 1.4lbs.
That is 2 weeks in a row. Lookin for something huge next week.
Carla and Erin, your pics are beautiful. Still haven't decided I want to put up pics yet.
I like the WF peanut butter on celery. Not loaded, just enough for taste. Also, I like to take a taste of the carmel every once in a while....very sweet.
You newbies are doing so well.
I'm way into rhubarb and have plenty if it will just grow. But, when you get 5 inches of snow it kinda puts a damper on outside living things.....also on inside living things. I am so ready for spring.....heck I'll take summer. Just something warmer than 40 degrees!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #345  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

any other input?
i like the spicy bbq sauce on chicken and steaks, i also like the coleslaw dressing with cabbage. the peanut butter is ok, i add some salt to it to give it more of a peanut butter crunch like that good ol' jif with tons of crunchy sugar the dressings are awful in my honest opinion, i prefer apple cider vinegar and olive oil with salt and pepper.

[QUOTE=nitenic;3290370]Thanks for all of the well wishes. It was a tough week but well worth it.

Erin & Carla -- y'all look amazing!!

Erin -- did I ever tell you that I ended up going to Geri instead of my original doctor? I think she was more excited than I was today. I think I scared her when I said I "cheated" by using extra chicken instead of a packet when I was super hungry. Thanks again for the recommendation! It's so much easier than going to Westlake.
QUOTE]
thank you! and no you didn't tell me! i work mondays, wednesdays and fridays-i hope to meet you soon, geri is so fun isn't she? i just adore her

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
WWzzzzza! You look great! You were already beautiful before but now you look more confident and just happier! Way to go get that happy girl inside of you! Woooo hoooo hoooo
i FEEL great seeing those pictures, major reality check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Weighed in today. Not what I wanted, but I was up on my scale and noticed my clothes were tighter. No cheats, just water I'm sure.....didn't get too stressed.....it will show up next week. I have been through meno about 4 years ago, but know I still cycle, so could be that. Anyway only lost 1.4lbs.
That is 2 weeks in a row. Lookin for something huge next week.
Carla and Erin, your pics are beautiful. Still haven't decided I want to put up pics yet.
I like the WF peanut butter on celery. Not loaded, just enough for taste. Also, I like to take a taste of the carmel every once in a while....very sweet.
You newbies are doing so well.
I'm way into rhubarb and have plenty if it will just grow. But, when you get 5 inches of snow it kinda puts a damper on outside living things.....also on inside living things. I am so ready for spring.....heck I'll take summer. Just something warmer than 40 degrees!!!
you've come so far, don't let the scale get you down. i bet next week is a big loss! i dodn't want to put pics up either but it is motivating now that they're there for the world to see, or at least my 3fc friends

i just got back from the store and got kale, cauliflower and RHUBARB! i made the kale chips for a snack and they were soooooooooo yummy. already chopped the cauliflower and it's sitting in the fridge waiting for me to make some couscous tonight, i will do the rhubarb for dessert and am SO excited. i think i'll do splenda and cinnamon, hoping for an apple pie filling taste
Closed Thread