Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Oh. I see that while I was writing this up, Bev already commented. I should have known Bev would do that. She is always on the ball when it comes to information accuracy!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #317  

CanadianMama---
Rhubarb is best planted now. If you don't have anyone close by to get some from to plant go to your greenhouse. You might not harvest much this summer. We keep picking our rhubarb and getting rid of seed pods to make it last until July then it becomes tough. Love it in the freezer!!!
Easy to grow--hardly have to do anything and it keeps coming back and the patches grow bigger.
Where are you north of T.O?

Also, to the question on stretch marks.......what about Bio-Oil, get it at WalMart. My son uses it and says it really works!

Last edited by Frannie57; 05-13-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Hey y'all, just got back from my first official weigh in. I started the plan on Saturday. Today was the only day my coach could take appointments. So far I'm down 13 lbs and 10 inches. So excited! Thank you God and Ideal Protein!!
Congratulations! That is AWESOME!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #319  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
all this talk about sizes - I can't wait to walk in to a normal store and buy clothes. I think I'm getting close. All of my size 18 pants are too big, and my 1X shirts are baggy but I'm nervous to take the plunge and walk in to a normal store. I'm scared that the clothes won't fit and I'll be sad.

Not to mention, when you've only had 1 or 2 stores to choose your clothes from for 15 years it's hard to really know what your style is and what stores to shop in!
ME too! I want to go to a normal store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
having a bit of a rough morning, feeling really down on myself. i know i'm losing inches and lbs but i see pictures of women my age in bikinis with big perky chests and i look down and see my mushy mommy belly and my sagging chest(breast-fed 2 babies) and wonder if i'm ever going to like what i see. *sigh* sorry, just feeling sorry for myself and need to vent..
Girl .... shut up that voice in your head, you look B E A utiful! Seriously, beautiful. I think the hardest thing about losing weight is getting rid of the negative thoughts that have taken up permanent residence inside of us. Allow yourself to see the you that we see...cause gosh darnit, you're beautiful, smart, funny and people LIKE YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Okay, so I posted my before pix on my profile. Click on my picture and you'll see what I looked like 9 short weeks ago. I'll try and get a full body shot up soon of how I look now. It's pretty humbling to show those pictures. I'm never going back.

BTW, I did have a vest on that day to hide all the gross fat, but they made me take it off
Amazing you look simply fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey all, you know how I'm in that X-Weighted National Challenge, well they are having a contest right now to win some make up. They asked us in 6 words or less why do you deserve the makeup. My answer was:

Losing weight,
Finding self-esteem,
Help required.

My answer was picked as one of the top six! If you go to facebook's X-Weighted page you can vote for my answer to win! I'd appreciate it!

Click on the link here, it should take you right to the page! X-Weighted
Consider it done!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #320  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

banana & pineaple smoothie = horrible>inedible>chemical tasting>ugly looking = rather have air.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #321  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
banana & pineaple smoothie = horrible>inedible>chemical tasting>ugly looking = rather have air.
I couldn't agree more. I can't handle any of the soups or drinks. I stick with the Chocolate Drink, Raspberry Jello and the occasional Wildberry Yogurt drink. I add more water to everything. I fill up the shaker with water and then add the mix. It's much better. You will figure out what you never want to purchase again, and my coach lets me exchange packets if I can't stand them.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #322  

Carla Thank you very much ! I was wondering if i was writing SO BAD in english that nobody will read me

It was my WI number 6 at noon today. -1,21 lbs (so -19,21 total). I think it's okay, because I cheated (for the first time on IP) saturday, but still, I'm not really happy !

You're all making me jealous with your rhubarb because here in Quebec, we dont have it at the moment.. maybe in 2 or 3 weeks !! I'll be sooooo happy when I'll see rhubarb at the grocerie store

Hope everyone is having a great day so far !
Old 05-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #323  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Erin, I love your new picture!! You're adorable
Quote:
woo-hoo carla!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new pic!
You both are STUNNING!!! I swear I said WOW out loud when I saw the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
too much, you might actually be getting rid of all the electorlytes by doing this. Remember that girl who passed away sometime ago because she entered a water drinking contest?
That girl dies because it was ALL AT ONCE... if you spread it throughout the day you should be ok

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. I can't handle any of the soups or drinks. I stick with the Chocolate Drink, Raspberry Jello and the occasional Wildberry Yogurt drink. I add more water to everything. I fill up the shaker with water and then add the mix. It's much better. You will figure out what you never want to purchase again, and my coach lets me exchange packets if I can't stand them.
I hate to say it but I like that one... the one that I absolutely DESPISE is the Banana pudding...YUK-O!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #324  

Height: 5'8"

hear ye, hear ye! i found an old fat picture and made it my profile pic. my avatar is me wearing the same shirt about 20 lbs later(i honestly don't know now how i squeezed into it then-thank god for lycra-i GUESS). i now am out of my funk from this morning, i need to post fat pics of me all over the house and i think i will NEVER have a bad morning again!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #325  
getting back on track

@ Carla... nine weeks? WOW WOW WOW! Can you post a recent full body shot too? What an AMAZING transformation!

Last edited by deinekatze; 05-13-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #326  
getting back on track

Quote:
hear ye, hear ye! i found an old fat picture and made it my profile pic. my avatar is me wearing the same shirt about 20 lbs later(i honestly don't know now how i squeezed into it then-thank god for lycra-i GUESS). i now am out of my funk from this morning, i need to post fat pics of me all over the house and i think i will NEVER have a bad morning again!
OMG another GREAT success story!

WOW!

STUNNING!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #327  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Oh my Lord. You are already a different person completely. Thanks for sharing. I will post a recent body shot soon!!! How fun is this
Old 05-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #328  

Height: 5'8"

thank you DK, carla and ibdadozer, i don't know what i'd do without all you gals helping me realize how great i really am doing and helping me laugh at myself. IP is awesome!! amen!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-13-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #329  

Carla- You really have changed and you look so much younger in your new pictures. I know, everyone says that, but it is still nice to hear. Right? Don't get too down for the small loss. This is a process and your body has to get used to the next phase.

When I eat, my stomach makes noise and just rolls. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm not still hungry, but my stomach seems to be working hard!

For salad dressing, I have been making my own with oilive oil, low carb catsup, worcheshire, garlic salt and a little splenda. But I think I was having too much oil, so I have been just using a couple teaspoons of that homemade dressing in my WF dressing. It is so good and really helps the taste with little carbs or cals.

Nitenic- Great first week. What incentive for you!

CanadianMama- I had a hard time my first few days too, with giving up soda, sweeterner and the new eating plan. It is surprising how quick your body adjusts, and the cravings lessen or leave altogether. I actually like most of the foods and do not crave soda or sweets any longer. I started about Mar3rd. It is a way of life for me now.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Quote:
thank you DK, carla and ibdadozer, i don't know what i'd do without all you gals helping me realize how great i really am doing and helping me laugh at myself. IP is awesome!! amen!
what a difference!!! its shocking *knocking on wood here*.

I might do this too, I'll do it next week though and see. I'll put a dress on that I had worn in december and see what gives.
Closed Thread