Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #181  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Struggling today.... I am hungry and don't feel like I've lost any weight this week.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Jordanna!...so glad you are back! And with such great news Isn't hard to imagine that the extra weight was ever on your body? And the results for your Dad! Wow, not just in lbs but in gaining his life back, that's great! I cannot wait to see your new pics

Does anyone else ever find themselves dying to share the "secret" of IP with complete strangers??? I would hate to be that offending person just approaching people randomly, but it has just changed so much in my life in such a short time. I just want to let the world know "There is a way!" I once again feel in control of my body.

What amount of exercise, if any, does everyone do? Walking, weights etc.... Does anyone run?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Jordanna!...so glad you are back! And with such great news Isn't hard to imagine that the extra weight was ever on your body? And the results for your Dad! Wow, not just in lbs but in gaining his life back, that's great! I cannot wait to see your new pics

Does anyone else ever find themselves dying to share the "secret" of IP with complete strangers??? I would hate to be that offending person just approaching people randomly, but it has just changed so much in my life in such a short time. I just want to let the world know "There is a way!" I once again feel in control of my body.

What amount of exercise, if any, does everyone do? Walking, weights etc.... Does anyone run?
so far I have tired to hide it from most folk around me; except people who are close to me (mainly because I just don't want to be told that it is unbalanced; I already know it is)

re exercise: I actually try not to do high intensity work outs at all. I walk alot at a pretty good intensity and usually uphill. Also have found that yoga is pretty good, works out most muscles and has improved my posture. will start going to the gym next week, but only for weight training, I don't think with little calories that I eat I could do high intensity aerobic work out; have a feeling it would backfire.

Last edited by pitakitten; 05-12-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #184  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Struggling today.... I am hungry and don't feel like I've lost any weight this week.
Hey Ibdadozer - I hate hungry days, they're the worst. For me, drinking some extra water helps or even an herbal tea. I've been drinking Iced Passion Tea from starbucks and it's delicious, feels like a treat.

Quote:

I ride my bike every day or every other day when the weather is nice for a half hour to 45 minutes. My coach said not to do any activity that raises your heart rate too much or if you can't hold a normal conversation while doing it and no more than 45 minutes per day.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
If you'd asked me in January if I thought I'd ever be small enough to fit in a size 6 (let alone a 4), I would have laughed and said a size 10 would make me happy. But here I am... less than a pound and a half from my goal (which I lowered 10 pounds from my original target.)
Wow! That's great, Novak! What a wonderful feeling that must be. :-)
Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Careful with that shopping, Bev... seems as I come down the home stretch I'm dropping clothing sizes fast. I bought size 6 slacks, then went back a week later for the same style in another color, and ended up with a size 4. What is that? Size 4? Is that an adult size? My closet has never seen that number without a "1" in front of it.

All I can say is, for all the plugging away through this diet since the end of January, these last couple of weeks have been awesome. I can't believe I look the way I do, and that I can wear all these clothes. The before and after pictures are incredible... my brother in Tokyo woke up his wife at 4:00 in the morning to make her come out to the computer and look at them. Now he wants to go on IP to drop 30 pounds.

If you'd asked me in January if I thought I'd ever be small enough to fit in a size 6 (let alone a 4), I would have laughed and said a size 10 would make me happy. But here I am... less than a pound and a half from my goal (which I lowered 10 pounds from my original target.) If I can do this, you all can.

My advice (though some may think it unreasonable) is to follow the protocol almost religiously. Don't cheat. Don't rationalize that it's okay to bend the rules. I didn't substitute other products (though I purchased my premixed shakes elsewhere.) I didn't stress when I only lost 2-3 pounds a week (I get plenty of stress at work and in my personal life... I didn't need more!) Over the long haul, I've averaged almost exactly 3 pounds a week... including my initial 10 pound loss week 1. Just put your head down and follow the plan. It doesn't last forever, and the rewards are so worth the investment.
Congrats on the size 4!! That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post
Day two for me was really hard also, I thought I would die from the headache. I was also sitting at home waiting for the air conditioning repair man so had nothing to do.

I did cheat a little bit, I had a can of tuna with 1 tbsp of mayo on it for dinner. but I think that was more because there was no way I could eat the Leek Soup, I had to almost choke it down and the after taste , YUCK !!!!

Day 3 today, and headache is till here but a bit better.

Keep up the good work !

No advice but HUGS I know for me I can't start a diet unless I am truly committed.

I too would like to know what to eat when you are truly starving, I ate a head of lettuce yesterday and it did nothing.

On Phase 1 could you have another bunch of veggies mid morning to tide you over to lunch.

I eat my breakfast around 6:00 a,m, so lunch at 12:00 with nothing in between is a long time.

Can I eat half a bar mid morning and the rest in the evening.
Hang in there Kim, you're doing great. Have you tried drinking some sea salt water to get rid of the headache? I've never had to do it, but I've seen many posts here saying it works like a charm. When I was on my first week of IP I was told I could have an extra packet if I was hungry. Once you get into ketosis it should help with the hungry feeling because (from what I was told) ketosis is a natural appetite suppressant. Maybe you could also try drinking some water first thing in the morning so you have something in your tummy and hold off a bit longer on eating (or drinking) your actual breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
As of this morning it looks like I'm finally down 60 lbs...I've never lost close to 60 lbs on a diet ever...I love IP. I've been drinking about 5 L of water a day for the last couple days to try to get rid of the water weight from this weekend and it looks like it's working!

Update on my dad (he started IP 5 weeks ago) he's lost 40 lbs!! Isn't that crazy! I'm so proud of him, and he really needs to lose the weight, he couldn't even put his own shoes and socks on before he started and now, 5 weeks later he's able to do it again! He's almost half way to his goal in five weeks!

It's almost time to do my 4 month pictures, I'm excited to see the difference Did I mention I ♥ IP?
Congrats on 60 lbs gone! That's so great to hear about your dad's successes too. I must agree with you.... I love love love this diet!! I never thought I could lose this much weight in such a short amount of time unless I was on TV with Jillian Michaels screaming in my face. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Hey y'all,

I've been lurking for awhile and saw that some of you are reading Geneen Roth's newest book. I ordered the book last week but haven't started it yet. I know there was some discussion of her being on Oprah this week. Based on the commercial, it looks like today is the day!

I started IP on Saturday and I must admit I was not really liking it... till I stepped on the scale at home today. My official weigh in is tomorrow so I can't wait to get my official results. Seeing the results definitely makes everything else worthwhile. I have a LOT to lose but I'm going to take this week by week and see how it goes. The hardest thing for me this week was no diet soda. I wasn't craving coffee so I didn't drink any and fortunately I only had a headache once, and that was in the middle of the night. I took some advil and went back to bed.

Thanks for all the great support on here!
Thanks for the reminder about the Oprah show today! The first week on IP is challenging, but the rewards you see on the scale and in your measurements are soooo worth it! I was a major diet Coke junkie before starting IP and I missed it for the first few weeks. I have completely lost any craving for it and I have no desire to drink it. The cravings will pass and you will feel so much better. Good luck with tomorrow's weigh in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
thank you much! will be calling them today so that they know what I'll be asking for.

Along the lines of TMI, severe constipation here; as in days. My weigh in is on Friday morning and want to deal with this prior.
If I don't drink enough water then I start having constipation issues too. The info I got from my coach says that if constipation persists for 2 days to double up on the cal/mag. However, it does say that calcium can also cause constipation in some people, so if that's the case the recommendation is to go back to taking the 4 cal/mag per day but add 1 Tablespoon of Citrate of Magnesia twice per day until relieved. Then you can use a maintenance dose of 1 or 2 teaspoons a day to maintain regularity.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #187  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Jordana, so happy for your dad!!! (and you) That is awesome

In the beginning I used celery with sea salt or WF peanut butter when I was hungry. I used celery as a free item. That isn't what the IP plan says...so use your own judgement. But, it got me through when I was hungry in the beginning. Honestly, now I really don't get hungry very often between meals. I know when it is time to eat by my tummy, but that is it.

Welcome Newbies....you'll love IP.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:11 PM   #188  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosie1 View Post
Question for those of you that have moved to Phase 2.....are you still losing weight? I started phase 2 on Sunday and have watched the scale creap up .2 lbs every morning....what gives? Is this normal? It is not my TOM....so I am confused. I have not been cheating and this is the first time in the 5 weeks I have been on IP that the scale is going the wrong way!!!! HELP!
I moved to Phase 2 last Wednesday and I have still been losing weight. I'm not to my goal yet, but my coach does this to switch it up a little and try to confuse your body. I went down 3 lbs the first 4 days and today is my official weigh in at 3:30. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Carlasherea! That is comforting to hear, I think it is good for the body to be shaken up ever so often... Good luck for your WI today!
Old 05-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #190  

I'm hoping to stay on program until June 18th (that will be five months) at that point I'm hoping to be under 200 lbs and I'm phasing out about a month and a half or so while I'm out east for our summer vacation and then I'm going to start phase 1 again to lose the rest of the weight.

I'm really looking forward to introducing fruit and dairy back in to my life!! I had a glass of orange juice on Mothers Day and it was so delicious....it's funny that I'm not actually missing grains as much as I thought.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #191  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Do not get discouraged!! I lost 5 lbs weeks 7-12. In other words, 5 lbs in 6 weeks!! But I have lost 3 lbs this week and my week isn't over yet--- I think focusing on how much better you feel eating this way-- how great it is to feel in control for a change. Don't think of anything more than this one day. Can you stay on the plan for this one day?? Eat some celery or a cucumber with sea salt. Have extra olive oil. Have an extra IP. I have only cheated with food once in the 13 weeks but I have cheated with an extra IP. One day I had 3 IP bars-- kind of a binge on them plus 2 other IP foods. Just do whatever it takes to stay in ketosis. It's also a good idea to think of something besides food. Go for a walk -- play a computer game. Anything that takes your mind off of food.
I love this plan because it is pretty easy to have huge success. Focus on that! Oh and I always told myself that cheating would set me back 3 days. I am way too impatient to do that...

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-12-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
I started IP on Saturday and I must admit I was not really liking it... till I stepped on the scale at home today!
Nitenic, you know that phrase "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" ? Well, that didn't used to motivate me at all, because on traditional diets you don't get the taste OR the thin. It takes FOREVER to get the thin.

That's not true on IP. On IP the weight loss comes so fast! People start noticing quite quickly. YOU start noticing quickly. You find your clothes getting loose, needing to switch to a smaller size, then find your smaller clothes getting loose too. What an incredible feeling!

I am not near my ultimate goal yet. But I have to say that at this point I am actually enjoying the diet -- because when I skip having the "taste" I really do get the "thin". Friends and family are raving about how great I look. And I FEEL great!

After you experience a bit more of how well IP works, I think you will come to love this diet as much as some of the rest of us. I know the diet is hard at the beginning. (I used to call it "****!") However, most of us find that it gets a lot easier over time. Nitenic, that will probably be true for you too.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #193  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Wow! That's great, Novak! What a wonderful feeling that must be. :-)
Birman! There you are! I was so happy to see that gorgeous cat when I scrolled down the page.

Yeah, I can hardly believe I'm almost done. I'm out of Phase 1, and digging into my case of Worthington burger! As a semi-veg, I have been lax over the years when it comes to protein in my diet, and I'm determined to be more diligent from now on.

Looks like you've been doing okay for yourself... I'm glad you checked in. What's the good word from the Great Northwest?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:

I know what you mean about wanting to tell everyone you come in contact with (even complete strangers) how wonderful IP is. IP is very new in my area so I wish there was something I could do to get the word out to everyone without seeming like an obnoxious freak. LOL!

As far as exercise goes, I haven't really been doing anything consistently but I'm going to dig out my Pilates DVDs today and start doing those again.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #195  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
had bloodwork done yesterday. Got a call from the Dr today asking me to come in. ????? ok....

She wanted to go over my labs. Basically, she is concerned because my cholestral is TOO LOW! YEP... too LOW! She thinks I should be off the diet soon. Also, my thyroid results which had started to show improvement, have now tanked again.

My results:

Good is ..... last april .... this february......this week
total cholestral .....150 - 199 .......160 ....... 118 ................. 92
triglycerides ........ 0 -149 ............71 ......... 39 .................. 33
HDL (good) ... more than 45 ..........59 ......... 50 ................. 43
LDL (bad) .........0 - 99.87 ..........87 ......... 62 ................. 46

She says I am not getting enough fat in my diet. She knows I am not going off unless she can tell me something bad but she suggested I not do this for more than another 3 months. She is planning to retest me at that point.

Also, I found out that not having enough cholesterol and fat makes you prone to not making hormones correctly. It messes up your sex hormones, cause less progesterone, estrogen dominance, anxiety, depression, and stroke.

Guess I have to think this thru and talk to my coach.
Carla, I don't know the solution to this, but I would think that a solution would exist. Did your doctor offer any suggestions of what you could do while staying on IP? Could you up your level of fat intake just a bit?
Closed Thread