Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #166  

Height: 5'10"

Novak: Thank you for your words of wisdom today. I needed to read that after my little pity party yesterday. I'm so happy to hear you're in a size 4! Congratulations to you for sticking with it and accomplishing your goal. You Rock!

HopefulTricia: I read the part in the book last night about the Voice and I was giggling to myself as I practiced shutting The Voice up. I named my voice Ethel, and she reared her ugly head this morning and I told her to take a flying leap.

Last edited by Hockey Mom23; 05-12-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #167  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Hi again,

would I have to go to my doctor for that OR you think a naturopath can do it?
yes the Naturopath is the one that will do that kind of test. They can also do a hair analysis to see more stuff... it's weird, like when you slice a tree trunk and you can see the history of it... so works our hair!

Ask them to do a full panel, they have one that can be done in one day, and I also got the full month one done which checked for all my hormonal stuff.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 222/208/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
Day 2 and dying a slow painful death. . I made zucchini chips at lunch and if I almost burn them to a crisp, they remind me of potato chips. When I leave them in the toaster oven for too long, I literally do burn them to a crisp and stink up the whole office. :-)
Day two for me was really hard also, I thought I would die from the headache. I was also sitting at home waiting for the air conditioning repair man so had nothing to do.

I did cheat a little bit, I had a can of tuna with 1 tbsp of mayo on it for dinner. but I think that was more because there was no way I could eat the Leek Soup, I had to almost choke it down and the after taste , YUCK !!!!

Day 3 today, and headache is till here but a bit better.

Keep up the good work !

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocola View Post
Any ideas for how to get back in the game? Brain Transplant? Each day I start off OK, then work and kids, i can't take it! I'm like a wild raccoon in the pantry!!

I don't want to gain the weight back, I want to be in control again. It's like I opened the floodgates. It doesn't help that the last few weeks I was doing IP, I wasn't losing, just maintaining. So I did get a bit discouraged.

Hoping that in writing this I will get my head on straight. Eating is not going to make work or kids easier. Feeling fat will make it worse. Maybe I should write that 100 times?
No advice but HUGS I know for me I can't start a diet unless I am truly committed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I lost 10 pounds and 6 inches my first week. I think it partly depends on how much you have to lose, though my sister just lost 6.5 pounds her first week, and also about 6 inches.

Welcome to the boards, and best of luck with the program!
Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
Hello again all!

Today is my first appointment with my Coach to get started on the diet. I plan to start this friday in case i experience headaches! Much easier without workday stress(or maybe more time to obsess..hmmm!)

What can you do if you get really really hungry...munch on lettuce, salt and water? Any other options? I suffer from hunger headaches when i skip meals usually. Fingers crossed that it doesnt happen. I plan to do a lot of things around the house to keep myself busy so that i dont think about food or feel the urge to munch.

How many inches can i expect to lose the first week ? I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable, but its so hard...so excited!!

This forum is absolutely amazing, and the detailed replies that everyone posts are so encouraging. I'm going to try to do that as well and pay it forward.
I too would like to know what to eat when you are truly starving, I ate a head of lettuce yesterday and it did nothing.

On Phase 1 could you have another bunch of veggies mid morning to tide you over to lunch.

I eat my breakfast around 6:00 a,m, so lunch at 12:00 with nothing in between is a long time.

Can I eat half a bar mid morning and the rest in the evening.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:32 AM   #169  

Height: 5'8"

WI # 3 today, -1.5 lbs & 5.5 inches, hey I'll take it especially with the cheat on Saturday night. I LOVE IP!

And I finally got my Signature, yippee!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-12-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #170  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post
I too would like to know what to eat when you are truly starving, I ate a head of lettuce yesterday and it did nothing.

On Phase 1 could you have another bunch of veggies mid morning to tide you over to lunch.

I eat my breakfast around 6:00 a,m, so lunch at 12:00 with nothing in between is a long time.

Can I eat half a bar mid morning and the rest in the evening.
Adding more oils (olive oil or omega 3s) helped me... as in take more and it will help you not feel as hungry

Last edited by deinekatze; 05-12-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Novak...that was a great post, and excellent to read. I had been telling myself that a size 10 would be ideal, but I think that I need to realize that well that may be a great size for me, all things are possible. I too have been very strick and stuck completely to protocol, and looked back to check and it does appear that I have lost 3-4 lbs per week on average, including the week I lost nothing. Thanks for the reminder and inspiration.

For those that are feeling hungry, I find that if I drink a ton of water I feel so full I couldn't bear to eat. Half the time I am hungry outside my designated meal times, it is mental. I am either bored, or thinking about(read obsessing ) about weight loss and just assume I should be hungry. Bit a a self-fulfilling prophecy really, if you think you should be hungry you will be.
Listen to me....as though I wasn't literally dreaming of eating 2 delicious chocolates last night.hahaha

Yay for your Signature Mamaerin!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #172  

Height: 5'8"

Novak

Congrats on Size 4s!!! I too never thought I'd see ever being close but I'm in 7/8s right now and still have 30 lbs to go, I may just see 4s one day too, *fingers crossed*~!

Carla
Thank you for the recipe, I cannot stand that WF garbage anymore

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-12-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 240/215/160

Height: 5-9"

Great job to everyone!!! I can't believe how everyone is doing. Keep plugging away and it will work out.

I am down another 2.4lbs!!! 31 total for me. Soooo excited to lost the next 9 to get under 200!!!! Clothes are fitting better! Went from size 20/22 to a size 16 in the new jeans and khakis I just bought!!! They are a little snug, but hopefully they will be falling off next month!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:56 AM   #174  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Chimpchamp - coincidentally, today is my day 90!!
but I am nowhere near goal and not ready to go to phase 2 yet. Where did you read that Dr. Tran Tien Chanh said not to stay on phase one for longer than 90 days? We have had this discussion here but no one is really sure how long you can do phase 1. Many have been on for much longer than 90 days. But I don't want to end up with some other health issue as a result.
Hockey Mom - you know, wouldn't you just love to turn the voice off?? wish it would be that easy. I just keep telling myself I am fine just the way I am. That I am perfect---not damaged goods. It will take a long time to rework the programming in my brain!
Novak and BevS--I am inspired by your great results-- size 6 or 4 sounds just unbelievable to me. My best ever was size 8 and that was a long time ago-- my wedding dress was a size 8. It is true that you just move through some sizes pretty quickly on this plan. Some of my clothes were too small and then too big before I ever wore them. Need to buy some stuff for this weekend but I know I
will be moving through this size-- great problem to have, isn't it???

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-12-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #175  

To CANADIANMAMAI eat my breakfast around 6:00 a,m, so lunch at 12:00 with nothing in between is a long time.

That would not be good for me. Think about how many hours you are awake. Let's say you are awake from 6:00am-10:00p. That's 16 hours. Then split that 16 hours into increment of 4 hours so you can eat 4 times during your waking hours...or perhaps you want to eat 5 times during your waking hours. I typically have 2 cups of veggies as a snack between breakfast and lunch, but sometimes I put the 2 cups of veggies in my morning eggs and it sustains me a bit longer. Whatever the case, look at your total number of waking hours, decide how often you want to be able to eat, and plan accordingly. I wouldn't add extra veggies b/c that means more carbs. Changing out the veggies often makes a big difference. Going from raw to steamed or vice versa is a nice change, too. Have your real food protein at breakfast or lunch and an IP pack for dinner if you want. Buy some flavored (no sugars added) tea bags that you can brew and enjoy. ALso, think about cutting those li'l bars into 4, 6, or 8 bite-size pieces and enjoying 'em throughout the day. Regarding olive or UDO's oil, some folks say they are limited to 1 teaspoon a day but I'd go with 1 TABLEspoon b/c we need healthy fats for our skin, hair, body functions. The oil / fat will satisfy your hunger, too!

Last edited by chimpchamp; 05-12-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #176  

As of this morning it looks like I'm finally down 60 lbs...I've never lost close to 60 lbs on a diet ever...I love IP. I've been drinking about 5 L of water a day for the last couple days to try to get rid of the water weight from this weekend and it looks like it's working!

Update on my dad (he started IP 5 weeks ago) he's lost 40 lbs!! Isn't that crazy! I'm so proud of him, and he really needs to lose the weight, he couldn't even put his own shoes and socks on before he started and now, 5 weeks later he's able to do it again! He's almost half way to his goal in five weeks!

It's almost time to do my 4 month pictures, I'm excited to see the difference Did I mention I ♥ IP?
Old 05-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #177  
Nichole

Default Geneen Roth is on Oprah today

Hey y'all,

I've been lurking for awhile and saw that some of you are reading Geneen Roth's newest book. I ordered the book last week but haven't started it yet. I know there was some discussion of her being on Oprah this week. Based on the commercial, it looks like today is the day!

I started IP on Saturday and I must admit I was not really liking it... till I stepped on the scale at home today. My official weigh in is tomorrow so I can't wait to get my official results. Seeing the results definitely makes everything else worthwhile. I have a LOT to lose but I'm going to take this week by week and see how it goes. The hardest thing for me this week was no diet soda. I wasn't craving coffee so I didn't drink any and fortunately I only had a headache once, and that was in the middle of the night. I took some advil and went back to bed.

Thanks for all the great support on here!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #178  

Height: 5'4"

Question for those of you that have moved to Phase 2.....are you still losing weight? I started phase 2 on Sunday and have watched the scale creap up .2 lbs every morning....what gives? Is this normal? It is not my TOM....so I am confused. I have not been cheating and this is the first time in the 5 weeks I have been on IP that the scale is going the wrong way!!!! HELP!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
yes the Naturopath is the one that will do that kind of test. They can also do a hair analysis to see more stuff... it's weird, like when you slice a tree trunk and you can see the history of it... so works our hair!

Ask them to do a full panel, they have one that can be done in one day, and I also got the full month one done which checked for all my hormonal stuff.
thank you much! will be calling them today so that they know what I'll be asking for.

Along the lines of TMI, severe constipation here; as in days. My weigh in is on Friday morning and want to deal with this prior.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #180  
Started IP 4/22/10

S/C/G: 242/219.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
WI # 3 today, -1.5 lbs & 5.5 inches, hey I'll take it especially with the cheat on Saturday night. I LOVE IP!

And I finally got my Signature, yippee!
YEAH~ Now we both have them! Great job on the loss!
Closed Thread